***Yawning WATERCOOLERS Monday *****

MommaPew

Cathlete
The light is turned on, I open the bedroom curtains and walk out. 2 minutes later I go back in and throw off the covers and walk out. I turn the washing machine and dryer on and pop my head in. Still no movement. Okay, time to bring out the big guns. CLANG CLANG CLANG of the pot and wooden spoon.

***** GET UP WATERCOOLERS ****

Okay, okay, I'm awake!!! Enough noise, already! Sheesh! A girl up in the middle of the night with a sick toddler just can't get any rest, can she?

I'm still stumped on what workout I'm going to do today, or even what plan I'll be doing for the week, so I can't say yet what I'll be doing mid-morning. It might be either P90X+ Upper Body and Abs/Core+, or an Amy Bento cardio and a body part from Pure Strength. Decisions, decisions.

I've got to get the eldest child off to school, so I'll be back a bit later to catch up with everyone.

Patricia - you made no mention of what workout you're doing today. I hope you didn't go back to bed?? :)

Cheers!
Sandra

Sandra, Sandra, Sandra - I'm not a morning person. I go to my eye dr today for a checkup and if all is well I might go full out and do some intense cardio. This sweat thing is really hampering me. I might just do Pyramids UP tonight but I want to try either TJ CP#2 or CP#3 too. I have yoga tomorrow night so would like to get a mix of cardio and strengh in tonight. So may a circuit w/o. Can decide.;(

Wendy - I so want a facial right now. I've been tearing surgical tape off my face each morning and it also leaves behind some glue. In another few weeks I think I'll have one done. I've had a few now and I'll take them anyday over a massage.:p Subway will be fine I believe. That or take the odd taxi. I'll take a better look at the location of the studio as it is probably on the bus line. Will ask DH about hotels today.

Jeanette - I grow up on the Carol Burnett show and just loved it. You don't get shows like that anymore. I tried watching the new Tracey Ullman show and just couldn't get into it. I'm so glad you enjoyed your ride yesterday. It's always good when they feed you and you can eat antying you want. You might have to be British or related to someone British to now about Corontation Street. It's a daily soap opera from England that's been on the air for about 40 years. It's about everyday people living on the Street. My DH got me into it believe it or not. It's great for Sunday mornings as it's on from 7:30 - 10 so great for hanging out in your p.j.'s and having coffee and relaxing. It moves really fast too (not like the Y&R) and not glamours at all. As one friend said "Don't they have any good looking people in England?". We're about 1yr behind from the shows in England and have to resist go on-line to get up-to-date info. I used to do the books for a bike store and while there I bought a Norco Bushpilot. I think its a cross between a street bike and mtn bike. Serves my purpose. I tried mtn biking and kinda of prefer the trails instead. I think DH bought something along the same lines. I actally was thinking of getting more of a touring bike where you sit more UP as I find my arms get tired from leaning on them. Can't get DS to get on his anymore. He just wants to walk with it. Maybe if he sees us biking he'll work up the courage again to get on his.;( All in due time.

BBL.

Morning Coolers,

Dang Patricia you are making a racket this morning. :7 :7 Sorry I was unable to chat yesterday, but I was busy busy busy!!! :D I was in the swing of things with doing laundry, and finishing up my spring cleaning. Now the house smells like the wind just whipped right through it. :7 :7

Yesterday I actually did a step workout! It was Lowmax, but still a step workout. :7 :7 Today was a 3m Run and Total Body Stretch #1. Will get in 4DS Chest, Shoulders and Triceps when I get home from dance class.

DH headed to Florida yesterday morning, and they where hoping to get to around Atlanta. He will be back in town by Wednesday.

Personals from Saturday:

Debra, All I have to say is WOW!!! I know my DH would never talk to another woman about any part of her body. Don't know what to make of the incident you had. But if it weirded you out, then watch that guy in the future. Glad you are thinking of going to check out Eoin. ;-)

Wendy, Thanks for the wanting to get rid of you jump rope, but the one I had was leather. I want to get one that has the plastic beads, just like I had when I was a kid. But the handles on these are better. The ones I mentioned don't start getting all tangled up while jumping. This is a big reason why I get the rope caught in my feet. :D

Dang I have to go to a meeting, BBL!

Laurie

Patricia: Don't you know I'm NOT a morning person!x( I don't think anyone wants to talk to me in the AM! Poor Phil gives me a quick kiss on the cheek and makes a run for it.}( Thanks for helping me decide if it'll be safe to take the subway. From what I've been reading, the downtown traffic is insane and parking isn't cheap.

Sandra: So what did you learn yesterday? Hope your dd is feeling better today!!! Nothing worse that having a toxic toddler keep you up all night. Poor thing! I meant the toxic toddler, not you.}( :+

Laurie: GUESS WHAT! I found my jump rope! And GUESS WHAT! It's a Nike one with ball bearing handles!!!:eek: Who knew!:7 Apparently, I must have returned the cheap one to Walmart and bought a Nike one at Dicks. Well, I doubt that you can use the jump rope since we cut the length when dh adjusted it for my height. Darn it, you were so close to getting a nice jump rope. You can blame the Crazy Asian. I get my short stature from her. My father was over 6' tall.

I haven't decided which lower body weight workout I'll do today. GS Legs maybe?

Have a great day everyone!

Wendy

Back Again!

That was the best staff meeting ever!!! I was given a $100 bonus. :7 So with this and my raise I am a happy camper right now. :D

Sandra, Sorry to hear that you had a fall with your bike, but am happy to hear that you are going to be ok. The beginner Ropesport workout is very very basic. It is good for learning how to go from the swinging arm motion, into the jumping with the rope. This seems to be something that I am having a hard time with, but it just may be my jumprope. Anyway they start out with a warm-up, this consist of taking the rope and doing a figure 8, or two swings on one side and then the next. In-between this they have you jumping as if you where actually using the jump rope. The workout itself varies the jumps. Two footed, in and outs and scissors. You get a break after each sequence and then start it all over again. For me it felt more of a warm-up. I want to get the Intermediate workout, but have to get my jump into the rope worked out first. So what workout did you end up doing today?

Jeanette, As you can see the jumprope workout to me was not high impact. I did double up the mats I have, so I'm sure that helped me too. These jumpropes out now are very fancy! :D Oh I LOVE Tim Conway, has to be one of the funniest people. He could always get Harvey Korman to crack up in the Carol Burnett show.

Debra, Good luck with your presentation today! Hope all goes well with that group assignment. ;-)

Kim, WTG on the 10m Run! ^^^^^5 To bad it was in the snow though! I probably will sign up for the Tony DVD's, but NOT if they are going to be an outrageous price. Don't want to spend lots of $$$ on a workout that I may not use. I do the jumprope workout in my basement. Your rope should be adjusted so that when you put one foot on it, the handles should come up to around your breast bone. You can even go shorter, depending on how good you are. If your rope is to long you will keep tripping on it. I think sometimes I have freaked my neighbors out by taking my jumprope outside. :D This is a fun thing to do with my DD's.

Patricia, I love British comedy, so I probably would love the soap opera. My most fav comedy is Keeping Up Appearances. And of course I love to watch Gordon Ramsey "Kitchen Nightmares" the Brit version of course.

Wendy, Maybe someone as tall as you are wants the rope! Sounds like a good one too! I don't think that I can shrink that fast. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Oh there was something that I wanted to mention. In the Oxy mag I just got, they have a recipe for No Cook Chicken Burrito. I decided to make those yesterday, and my DD's just loved them. My oldest loves spice so she put salsa on hers, and my youngest doesn't like spice so she could leave out the salsa. Just in case you want a fast simple dinner one night, that was a goodie.

Laurie

I was up early...I promise!!! Just had to get the diva ready for school and I had some last minute things to do for my presentation....which went okay. One of the people in my group didn't show up....ugh....so it kind of put us behind...and then we ran late and I didn't get to do my whole part which pretty much suc*s...but hopefully the teacher will be kind to me since I have been a model student all year. I hope that brown nosing comes in handy. I am going to brown nose a little more and send an email out to the group and copy her on it. Hopefully, I will still have my A in the class. I had a solid A going into today, with a good attendance record, so even if I get a B on this, I should still have an A for the class...which is all I care about.

Anyhoo...I ended up not doing a formal workout yesterday, but I planted about 20 plants so I counted that as my workout. Another rationalization. I had 10 daylilies to get in the ground, and I also got some pepper plants from the farmer's market yesterday....some red, yellow, and green bell peppers plus some jalapenos, tabasco and Serrano plants too. Also got an eggplant to see how that would do. My lettuce is thriving and I should be able to start eating on that as early as next week....I also have lots of fresh herbs that are doing well. All good and healthy things!!! We had baked chicken wings last night which really turned out good considering it was my first time trying that at home. CBL really liked them, so that is a good thing...We just didn't put the hot sauce on DD's. We also had lots of celery, carrots and cucumbers...Maybe that canceled out the blue cheese dressing...LOL!

As for workouts today...This is my last week of lifting heavy with little cardio....So I will be doing one of the SH sections...not sure which one yet...whatever strikes my fancy when I get upstairs later this afternoon. I have a huge salad in the fridge already made up, so I promise to eat some of that tonight for dinner...and I will be on the road to at least some partial healthy eating!!

Personals...

Laurie...
WooHoo on the bonus!!!!! Extra money is always a good thing!! It is because you always know what your boss is thinking even if he doesn't actually express it verbally...LOL! Hope DH is driving safe with the van...At least he isn't spreading his cold germs to you and the girls! I was thinking about the creepy neighbor this morning...and I decided that if I heard my husband/SO say that to a woman when he didn't think I was around, I would be pis*ed...so I have decided he is definitely creepy and I will avoid any alone time with him. We have a neighborhood thing coming up on Memorial Day weekend, but there will be lots of folks around to talk to, so I shouldn't get stuck. At least your yucky weather lead to some vigorous house cleaning!! Now, just come on down and do mine as I have been neglecting it for a couple of weeks!!!

Patricia...
I am not a morning person either...I sleep until the last possible minute before I have to get up so that I can be on time to whatever it is I have to do. DD even woke me up yesterday...which is a strict no-no on the weekends!! WTH was she thinking??? I asked her later why she woke me up and she just giggled. I think she was just messing with me, the little sneaker! All the noise you were making this morning didn't bother me since I was already in the midst of my presentation. Thanks for the wake up call though! Let's see, besides all of my pepper plants, I also got some flank steak, goat cheese, zucchini, squash, and a watermelon at the farmer's market. I love that place!! I don't enjoy endless sun salutations either...I gave away a few Baron Baptiste dvds for that reason...that is why I like Eoin so much...You do a few to warm up, but then you move on to other things and just add some vinyasas in between other poses. Fun to go walking on the trails. I want to take DD up to the mountain trails this summer...only about an hour away from us and we can pack a little picnic lunch and make a day of it. Maybe take our crazy dog too!

Kim...
Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday. Yes, I think the whole neighbor family has at least a couple of screws loose...but I am sure I will see plenty of them since they live a few houses down. Oh, well. No berries frozen yet...that is my project this afternoon....or maybe this evening....LOL! Yuck-o with the snow and the negative temps!!! I am serious...I don't think I could live there! I like my sun and warm weather fun too much. Do you guys get lots of mosquitoes in the summer?? We just had a ton when we lived in Minnesota, and it made even the summer time unpleasant. When is DS's surgery coming up?? I think you may need to give your sweet pooch a little sleeping pill to keep it asleep longer in the morning...LOL!

Sandra...
Sorry to hear the toddler was sick last night...Hope it is nothing serious. I thought about you the other night while the crazy neighbors were over with their very ill-behaved toddler (who is just a bit younger than yours)...She took a can of cashews (which are expensive!) and ate the entire thing. Her mother never said a word to her. I kept thinking...the kid is hungry...maybe you should feed her something besides nuts!!! I knew that your dear sweet girl would be much better behaved! The mom also didn't take her home to put her in bed until after 10:30...which I just have to say, NEVER happened in my house when DD was that little. I truly don't think this mom has the sense that God gave a goat.

Jeanette...
So glad you had such an awesome ride yesterday!! And good weather and good food too...what more could you ask for??? I am sure you will be in great shape for your upcoming triathlon. I was eating salt and vinegar chips the other night...just love them!!! I sent you an email...so check it when you get the chance. I didn't realize Father Tony was from out of the country. I am sure your golf lesson will go fabulous today and you will be shooting like Tiger in no time! I will just try to make sure the creep-o and I aren't alone again. I am pretty good at blowing people off when I need to...I really just didn't clue in until later...just a bit of a blond moment....LOL! CBL and I have a couple of options for vacation...one is going to Myrtle Beach...which is a quick car drive for us and the place where we hung out when we were growing up...That is the beach that everyone from this area goes to for vacations and long weekends. We are also thinking about making a trip to Toronto...he has been there before but I haven't, and then I could go to the Eoin yoga conference, and he and I would spend a few extra days just playing around and visiting the city....We are going to make a decision about that by the end of this week. Do you guys have any special plans for the summer?? I will definitely give Julia a hug from you...She asks about you guys all the time!

Wendy...
Your legs are going to hurt for the rest of the week if you do GS....but I know you want to be in competition with me at the beach this summer....so that strange creepy married men can compliment you on your legs as well....LOL! I am going to email you later this afternoon about Eoin....so check your email tonight if you get the chance. I will head over to VF tonight to check out the Eoin stuff. I am pretty much set on going...but I will let you know what I am thinking in email. I need to get a facial...I have some time later this week and next, so I will fit that in as well as a pedi, an eyebrow wax, and a massage....All of those maintenance things!! Glad you had a good time with Jenn yesterday. Thanks for saying that CBL and I look happy...You know, we really are. Things seem to be pretty even keel for both of us right now...we have set all of those relationship boundaries that everyone goes through...and now we are just enjoying each other's company by spending time together, but not too much time, IYKWIM. And DD just loves him...and he is great with her. All good things. I am as content and as happy as I can remember being in YEARS.

Shuuuuush!! I was long winded today!! Well, I am off for a nap since I didn't sleep well due to my impending presentation this morning. Hope everyone has a wonderful day...I will check back by this evening!! Kisses to all...

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Wendy, just spoke to DH and he said spend the $20 and take a cab. The Dovercourt location is in a sh**ty neighbourhood which is what I thought. Stay in a downtown hotel. I've stayed at the Sheridan and it's really nice. Westin Harbour Castle is really nice too. Royal York is REALLLLLY pricey and not worth it. All the downtown hotels are $$$ obviously for the location. I would look for something in the neighbourhood of Yonge (which runs N/S) and any x street like Front, College, King. DH asked if I was going and I wasn't certain as we're at Nascar the w/end b/4. He said its up to me. Will go back to the website to check it out more.

Excuse me. I just finished GS Legs standing only and Shoulder ^^.

My body is still shaking. Must be bed time. Will chat tomorrow.

Jeanette: I hope everything is alright!

Sweet Dreams!
Wendy

Hi everyone,
Good day at work today. Afterwards, went to my golf lesson. It was good. Father Tony wasn't able to go as he tripped on a sprinkler at his house and "broke" his finger. He had an appointment to go his dr. at 4:00. I looked at the finger and thought it was dislocated. I couldn't believe he hadn't gone to the hospital earlier. Anyway, the golf instructor had me really, really, really slooooooowwwwwww down my swing. He didn't give me too many instructions as it's just too hard to think of more than one thing while I'm swinging. He's a good instructor and taking me from the beginning. I'll practice for a couple of weeks, then get back to him.

Sandra, hope your DD isn't sick. Hope you decided on a workout plan for the week. Think I'll do another week of 4DS, then on to something else next week.

Patricia, how much longer before you can let the sweat fly? When is the eye considered fully healed? I'll have to see if Coronation Street is on our satellite. My road bike is considered upright compared to racing bikes that have the seat above the handlebars. My seat and handlebars are about level, which works for me. I used to get numbness in my hands and fingers, but rarely do anymore. Unless it's winter and they are just numb from the cold. My DH complains about numbness in his hands and wants his handlebars REALLY high. I'm sure one day your DS will just climb on that bike and take off riding. How old is he?

Laurie, how did you like Low Max? That one always makes me sweat like a horse. Hope all goes well with your DH's trip to Florida. When will he be back? Woohoo on the bonus!! And you thought it was just another lousy meeting. I must check into those British soaps/programs. I love the humor.

Debra, thanks for the chicken strip recipe. I printed it out. It looks easy and I know it is good. Yep, sounds like you and CBL are getting comfortable (in a good way) with your relationship. He's a sweetie. Hope you get the top grade in the class. You paid out enough in candy for it LOL! The only plans DH and I have are camping locally, woodcutting and stuff around the house. The cost of fuel is cramping our style, but we will still get out some to enjoy ourselves. Our first trip will be Memorial Day weekend, where I will do an organized bike ride on one of the 3 days, but will leave and return to the campsite. A couple years ago, it snowed on us in our trailer on Memorial Day. We had to abandon everything and go home. Bummer. No way was I wanting to stay in a trailer cooped up with the dogs the whole time.

Wendy, all is well with me. After the golf lesson, I came home, visited with our other son and then decided to do an IRA transfer of funds online. Took up a little time.

Tomorrow is a bike ride with the girls in the afternoon.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.