***Watercoolers, Manic Monday***

Netta

Cathlete
Morning girls,
Today was Biceps and Back from Supersets and Push Pull. Also did some abs from both of them, then finished with some stretching, which felt great. Today will be my retainer appointment, then grocery shopping and some packing for camping. Maybe a bike ride if I have time. Then again, I might just lay down and take a snooze...
2.gif

Hey Jeanette - we started posting at the same time. I must say I don't know how you think you could be the laziest x-er! You w/o in the dark hours of the morning and still put in time in the evening. I think you're fast becoming my hero.:)

Have a good day all.

Morning Coolers,

No workout for me yet, I slept late this morning. :p Saturday was the first time we had some real humidity to speak of. But once the front went through the weather was beautiful. Yesterday was beautiful. :D Don't know if I will be working out when I get home, my legs are really sore this morning so we will see. Guess it wouldn't hurt to work the upper body thought. :) Not commiting myself to anything right now. :D

Kim, Sorry to hear about your DS. This will be a tough time for him, because he is so active.

Patricia, Congrats on the wins, and the goodies that you received. ;)

Debra, Oh to get that amount of sleep into my day. I'm guessing that I will not get something like that for quite a while. Cami is such a reliable alarm clock. She pushed me out of bed this morning. :)

Wendy, I could use a good foot massage this morning. ;) Don't know what it will be like after this next weekend. I will be spending 3 days on my feet. :( I'm planning on taking Tuesday off next week, just to be a lump! :)

Jeanette, Good thing you had someone that could get those pavers off the trailer/truck. That would have been alot of work to get those off by hand. :( You are taking the Labor Day weekend for camping, that should be a lot of fun. Will you be making one of those camp fire goodies! :) Where are you getting those cute smilies from?

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning.

On tap for today is PY4H Daily Bliss, PT exercises, laundry and anatomy quiz. I'm hoping my car is fixed before class starts otherwise, I'll have to get a ride from a classmate.

Depending on how my studies go, I'll be back for personals before or after class.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Hi all! Back from my class and DD's first day of school is over...They just have open house the first day...So tomorrow will be the real deal! :D She is really excited and happy to start school. Remember those days??? :confused:

I am planning on doing SH chest and back today....The Diva has dance this afternoon, so I should get to it then. I am pretty caught up with my studies...I may reread my psych chapter tonight...I can't really out my physics instructor...he just kind of rambles then entire class. I don't really know what to listen to and what not to! :eek::eek::eek:

personals.....

Jeanette...
Sounds like you have a busy evening planned....I am sure things will go smoother if you take a little nap first :rolleyes:! Glad you guys had a good day with your friends yesterday....nice to get in the open air and ride around. I am glad that the Captain could help you out with your golf game so much....LOL! :cool:

Kim...
Hoping to hear from you soon about poor DS! :(

Patricia...
Congrats with all of your BB wins! Sounds like you guys had a good party after, too. ;) Sorry about allergy season coming up for you...I know that can't be any fun. WooHoo on the age compliment!! That is always a good thing! :D:D:D My DD is definitely a talker....and when she is with her girlfriends they just get louder and louder and louder! :eek:

Laurie...
The sleep reason is why all of our critters are locked up in their 'own' rooms!! The Tick likes to come in and start meowing around 5 am and Polly just likes to come and visit....and scratch her ears all night. She would sleep with Julia if I let her! :) Is this your last weekend of the faire??

Wendy....
Good luck with your quiz...I'm sure you will do great! :) Hope the car gets home all fixed, safe and sound. Have fun with Eoin today!

Okay...I am off to find DD's back pack from last year! And to do some laundry :(.

Haven't pushed play today. I've been spending all my free time studying in between playing on the boards and doing laundry. Oh, and delegating house cleaning chores to the Swans.:D The car is finished. Whoo Hoo! I hate asking for a ride.

Patricia:
Glad you had a blast at the bb party. Thanks for jogging my memory. I remember her now. I don't quite remember what she looks like. I didn't realize her alias was your name!:eek:

Kim...
What did the surgeon have to say about your son's leg? Hope he's not in too much pain today!!!!

Jeanette...
Lovely day you have planned. I want to go camping with you!!! Unfortunately, I was invited to a family reunion with people I've never met on my father's side. I wasn't going to go. Then my ex-stepmother called and asked if I would. DARN it!!!! Now, I have to find the invitation to find out how to get there. I think I threw it away!!!:eek:

Laurie...
From my understanding, they don't teach us a lot about foot massage. I'll have to get continuing education to do a good foot rub. I could be wrong. I'm going to learn how to do it Thai style. Their feet massages last for an hour and a half!!!

Debra...
I wish you could study anatomy for me!!! You're such a diligent student. You make me sick.:p;)

Okay ladies, off to hit the books again!!!!

Wendy

We're home again. Very restless night, for ds and I. No surgery today! They put him in traction while they casted it and then xrayed it. That went well and I thought we were home free but the xray showed it still wasn't in place so they had to remove the cast, and redo it with two drs putting traction on it! That was extremely painful :( He now has a very heavy plaster cast from his hip to his toe. They are going to reassess it Wed morning to make sure it has stayed in place if not surgery is still an option. After many consultations it looks like if everything goes well we are still doing the other surgery Wed afternoon

The main problem being is that the abdominal surgery will be on the left side which is the leg he needs to hop around on so probably for a few days after that surgery we will have to lift him and not let him use the crutches. I can get a wheelchair from work if needed. Spoke with my boss she said I can have next week off so I have 2 weeks to make sure he's okay.

If no further leg surgery needs done then then it will be at least 6 weeks with a full length cast and no weight bearing at all on it.

He's resting quite comfortably at the moment, I've given him a walkie talkie and hoping he will nap most of the afternoon while I rip up carpet :( The carpet people are coming at 8 tomorrow morning I thought about cancelling but we already moved most of the furniture upstairs, and removed about a third of the carpet so we might as well get that done.

Thats for all your caring words. Kim

Last edited:
Kim.....
Sending many, many hugs and well wishes to your poor DS!!!! :(:(:( Poor guy! I hope the second setting went well so that no more surgery is needed! I wish I was there to help you rip up that darn carpet! :) Please take care and keep us up to date with DS's progress! {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}

Wendy....
As CBL says, 'Don't hate me 'cause you ain't me!' LOLOLOL! ;) Send me a Swan or 2 to do some housework for me!!! :p

Heading to push play!!!!!

Kim, Poor guy! What a night and day you've both had!!!! Goodness, I hope this heavier cast does the trick. Will ds be getting his eye surgery on Wednesday? Or would it be too much for his body right now? Do you all live in an area with decent public transportation? I'm thinking when he's older, he may have to work in a larger city, or live close to work, or work at home. My heart goes out to him. I know things could be worse. Sheesh! It'll be hard for him when all his friends get their driver's license. Give him a hug from me!!!!!

I've got an hour before I have to leave for class. My brain isn't absorbing any more adduction, abduction, flexion, extension information and the joints/muscles that work or resist!!! Dang, by the time I'm finished with school, I could probably take ALL the tests to become a certified PT!!!! In fact, one of the continuing education courses available to graduates is a PT certification course. I may just take it along with the national or PA exams when I graduate. If I suck at massage, maybe I could at least certifiably tell you when you need one!!!!:D;)

Okay, off to study the prime movers and antagonists occur when I'm typing in a horizontal adduction movement. :p:rolleyes:;)

Play nice tonight!!!!:)

Wendy

So, I finally pushed play!! :):):)

I did SH chest and back with the planks.....then I added on some barbell rows and ab work from CTX. I am woman...hear me ROAR!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wendy....
Sending lots of good luck vibes you way!!!!!!

Evening All:

DH took DS out for dinner and a haircut so I got my w/o in right after work. Slim Series Shape it Up - Its one of the longer ones. Waiting at home for the new mattress and box spring to arrive. They just came at 8:30:( The salesperson asked about getting the lower profile box spring and I almost got it, and boy do I wish I had. It's like climbing a mountain to get into it. Will be making a call 1st thing tomorrow for an exchange.

Kim - what a terrible day you and DS must have had. Hope things go well on Wed especially if you go thru with the other surgery then too. I know the carpet was to be deliver a few weeks ago too. Poor poor timing I sure now but sometimes it's easier just to get everything done and over with so your're not in limbo.

Whoops, hit submit b/4 I was finished.

Debra - oh, I remember those days when school was fun. It must be fun to re-live some of the good things from our childhood again. Glad to see you're finding time to w/o.

Wendy - glad to hear your car is fixed. You must have been feeling stranded with out it. Hmm, foot massages, count me in. I'll give them to DH sometimes as I think he has the most beautiful feet I've seen on a man (and that is without being subjective:D:D) I've noticed Matthew is going to have his father's feet so quite happy with that.

Laurie - hope you got your UB w/o in. My legs were a bit sore today from all that vacuuming and floor painting I was doing at the cottage yesterday. Amazing how I can be in shape but not for hard labour:p

Jeanette - did you get a bike ride in or take a snooze?

Okay - off to try out the new bed.:D:D

It's been a long night of lectures. My head is pounding!!!

Thanks for all the good vibes. Unfortunately, I was wrong. The quiz is NEXT Monday!!!:eek::eek: Oh, well. At least I got a jump start on studying for it. :cool:

Good News: They need bodies for clinic tomorrow evening. I was more than willing to volunteer mine for a free one hour massage with a student who specializes in deep pressure and is close to graduating. :) I hope my sacrum will get decongested. LOL

Eoin will have to wait until morning after a cardio premix. No telling how long the Sudafed Sinus will kick in.

Patricia: LOL on dh's beautiful feet. Did you know there's a history curriculum titled Beautiful Feet?

Debra: If you don't take down the "Strike a Cathe Pose" vacation pic, you'll hear this woman ROAR!!!!:eek::eek::eek: LOL on CBL's sayings. Shuush! No hatin going on here. If I don't start learnin the calendar soon, I'll be more than prepared for ALL my tests and quizzes, and have time to age everyone a day earlier!:eek::D;)

Laurie: LOL on not commiting to anything with sore legs already bothering you. Hope you got some work done today.;)

Jeanette: Hope you find the time to chat tonight.

Kim: I only homeschool my girls. We're starting school full time next week. Don't worry, I'll stop by to play in between subjects. Coming here is my break!!!

Okay ladies, off to play, digest dinner --Yes, another reason to postpone Eoin-- and get ready for bed.

Sweet Dreams!
Wendy

Evening,
Got a few things done after work and orthodontist appointment. Now have a bright green retainer. After that, got the oil changed in my car and went grocery shopping. Came home and took a little nap, then started getting the trailer ready. Didn't hear any more about the Chaplain, but supposedly there will be program this coming weekend, so that's good.

Wendy, I'd be volunteering to get massaged too. Do you find your hands getting stronger? Is your sacrum congested? How does that happen. My simple little stretches are helping a lot. I'm not feeling so stiff and sore, but maybe that could be because I haven't had to do any pick and shovel work lately.

Patricia, I soooo understand thinking I'm in shape, but when I do something different like cutting wood, I sure feel it. No bike ride tonite, and probably won't get one in this week due to playing golf a couple times, plus getting ready to leave Thursday night for camping. I did make time for that snooze though:D. How's the new bed? I've got the ugliest feet around. All of us girls in our family have them. Short toes. Our mother is the same way.

Debra, good workout today. How's it feel to be doing heavy weight lifting again?

Kim, your poor son, he's been through so much. I'm hoping he isn't in any pain. My, my, he's still going to have the other surgery. What a tough kid! Good thoughts and prayers going out to him.

Laurie, my smilies are coming from www.bestsmilies.com and www.emoticons4u.com. They are easy to use. I don't have a dessert planned for our trip (yet) as it may be just DH and I, but I am planning on making the moist cornbread (with sour cream, cream style corn, cheese, onions, green chiles, boxed cornbread mix). It turns out great in the dutch oven. We'll probably have that along with chili and brats. Healthy, huh? Why are your legs so sore? Are you done with Faire?

Boy, I'm sure struggling with the STS exercises and knowing what they are. I'll have to wait for the tutorial to figure out how to do some (a lot) of them. Hope they come out with that tutorial soon. What are Standing Quarter Stop Curls Both Arms? Or Incline Rear Raise on Stability Ball. I just don't want to guess what they are and not be doing them right. This grasshopper wants to know for sure that I'm doing them right.:p

Night all,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.