***STS COOLERS April***

lvnascar

Cathlete
Thought I would start a new thread for this month, since the other thread was getting pretty long.

Today I have done 25 min. of jumprope, and when I get home it will be back, chest, legs & abs.

Teen party went well with no mishaps that I know of. DH and I keep, what I think was some good control of the party. Nothing was broken, so that was a plus! :D

Saturday I went to a bridal shower, then we went out to eat. Had to drive home in white out conditions though. Hopefully this will be the last blast of snow that we will have. :D

Sunday we had the families over to celebrate the girls b'days, and fun was had by all. My MIL gave my oldest a car! :rolleyes: A toy car! :eek: LOL! It was a convertible though! My oldest thought it was hilareous! Everyone was laughing.

Hope everyone had a great weekend,

Laurie

Last edited:
LOL Laurie - I thought it was a real car too until I finished reading the sentence.

Had a slow start to my day. It's Monday what else? DS started getting a small fever again over the weekend so keeping an eye on him. Sent him to pre-school today and hoping the Advil won't wear off:D I was running about 15min. behind schedule this a.m. and of course 1/2 way to pre-school I remembered that I forgot to put my All Season tires in the trunk as I was getting my winter tires off today. So had to turn around and get them, and ended up driving behind every freakin school bus in this town:mad: So I was late getting to the garage and of course my co-worker is there waiting for me and worried she was at the wrong garage. And now I just looked down and I'm wearing blue shoes with black pants. I seemed to be so out of it today. Must be some carryover efect from STS last night:D Definetly feeling it in the shoulders and pecs today.

Going to give Imax 2 a try tonight. I've only done that once or 2x before. Hmm, I guess I'll have to hook up the VCR for that. I somehow have to get to the grocery store tonight too. Nothing in the house to eat after being away. Good thing I had left over pasta from last night's dinner for lunch today and just enough cereal to have breakfast. Sure makes it hard to resist the junk food in the kitchen when I don't bring enough food but I'm committed, yes repeat to myself committed to eating clean during STS. (Well, as much as I can anyway:D)

BBL

Did disc 11B and then abs with no equipment this morning. Only 2 more workouts then a recovery week! Printed out my workouts cards for meso2/week1 and Cathe thinks I can bench press 80lbs, will definitely need to buy some plates for that barbell.

Patricia What a busy weekend you had! I love Imax 2, my favourite workout of all time!! I think we should still make it to Grand forks for our flight just have to detour a bit where the highway is closed as the river has overflowed in a couple of spots.
We haven't found the car salespeople to be pushy at all! It's been easy to walkout.

Laurie Busy party weekend for you! I guess you will still be driving your dd around LOL Hopefully we will actually buy our new car tonight, that's the plan:confused:

Jeannette, hope you enjoyed your day off!
Kim

Exciting, stressfull, expensive day here. We bought the Santa Fe ( we won't get it for couple weeks as it's being shipped in) and booked our Disney flights for November. :D:D

That's great news Kim. Don't you just HATE having to wait now:rolleyes:

Lets see I did Imax2 - up to and including the 8th blast then popped in STS Abs - no equipment w/o and did up to the plank work. It was starting to cut into my 24 plus lets now kid anyone here. Me and plank work don't go together very well :D YET:p:p

Have a nice night all.

Hi Coolers!

I've been so darned busy lately. Need to sit down and check in. Let's see, yesterday was a bike ride in the cold wind with a couple of friends. We got 31 miles in. This morning's workout was 40 minutes of Christi Taylor, then STS abs (no equipment). Tomorrow will finally be STS Disk 12A (Legs), finally!!! Today, Mom, my sister and I travelled to a neighboring town and went fabric shopping. We all bought material for quilts, though mine will be a wallhanging sampler quilt. When I got home, DH had done a bunch of trimming of limbs and such so I busied myself hauling them to the pile before our girl's hill climb bike ride. Tonite was our first night of it, 4 ladies altogether. We will be riding on Thursday nights most of the time. Guess that's the day that works for most of us.

Kim, glad you settled on a car, also nice to book a vacation. Whoa, 80# on the barbell???? Maybe I better print out mine too and see what I need to buy too. I'm thinking I need to buy a burst resistant stability ball as it's crossed my mind, what if this ball breaks while I have 45# worth of weight over my head??? Not a good way to enjoy weight lifting.

Laurie, I hate, hate, hate whiteout conditions. I've been in a few and they were awful. LOL about the car for your DD.

Patricia, LOL about the blue shoes and black pants. I once wore 2 different styled black shoes to work. My co-worker once (guy) wore his slippers to work. Cracked me up. He's one of my golf buddies, very laid back so slippers for him was probably the norm. Hope your little guy gets over his sickness soon. I caught another lousy little cold, though it hasn't put me down. I came down with it last Thursday, just a stuffy nose and little bit of cough is all I've gotten.

Must go,

Morning!

Todays workout was 30 min. of TM with incline, plus core work.

Will get some pics posted tonight of the new dress for faire. My mother (bless her heart) did the embroidery work on the front of the dress. It is so beautiful, I need to get her something for all the work she did. Just don't know what to get her. :( Any ideas!

Patricia, I will have to check your post out at home, can't see it here at work. :( Must have been cute to make Kim give such a big LOL! :D How is your DS today? You will be planking really well as you keep doing them. ;)

Kim, Congrats on the new purchase. :D And of course getting the Disney flights booked.

Jeanette, Oh busy lady that you are! I was at the grocery store on Sunday afternoon to pick up DD's cake, and there was a whole family there that where in their PJ's! :eek: I don't mind so much, but couldn't they have combed their hair! I really think that they rolled out of bed, and went to the store!:rolleyes: Hope you start feeling better soon.

Laurie

Two trips and two vehicles purchased in the last month. It's all kind of stressing me out.:confused::confused: So much money, :confused:we are big time planners, budgeters so this has all been very well planned out. ( as mortgage is finishing soon, less daycare bills, etc) but still seems so scary to me. Anyways time to relax and enjoy it all, right.:cool::cool: My accountant (DH) says it's all fine and to just relax.

Patricia You skipped interval 9!!!!!!! You can't skip interval 9 of IMAX2!!!!!!!
I hate plank work, everyone in this house knows I hate plank work and it doesn't seem to matter how often I do it, I never seem to get better. I always wonder if it's got to do with my c-section?? as I can do most of Cathe's other ab workouts.
Yesterday doing sts no equip abs, I wasn't touching my toes on the rapid fire thingies, and sweet dd told me not to worry that the ladies on the tv just had longer arms than me:D

Jeanette I found disc 12 a little easier than the other leg workouts. Glad you're getting a chance to do some biking! SO what will you be bench pressing???

Laurie HOw's the weather today?? LOL on the pj family, that's cute. Not sure what to get your mom, but that's nice of you, to give her a thank you gift! How is her walking coming along??

Finished IMAX 3, I am so ready for a recovery week, only one workout left! I haven't had a day off since March 17th as trying to squeeze in the last of Meso1 before Vegas.

Have my sister's kids as well so think I'll take them all swimming this afternoon.

Patricia, LOVE the quilt. Turned out beautifully, what are you doing with this one? Do you get to keep it even though it was a group project??

Hi Coolers

Got my w/o in already. Got a call from DS's pre-school at 3pm to p/u due to fever. Not a surprise. He just gets these fevers, but his appetite is definetly affected today. Anyhow, I'll be home tomorrow so will be able to w/o during the day tomorrow too:D I did Disc #2 today. I'm really loving these w/os especially using the BB. Why did I never get one b/4? Tomorrow will be KPC. I'm trying to follow the cardio suggestions but for just the 1st week. The 2nd week of the same discs I'll most likely pick my own thing.

So got my winters tires rotated off yesterday, along with oil change and brake check-up and today I got my front windshield replaced. Just need a good day to vaccuum the car out and I'm ready for the spring car wise that is:D

Kim - I didn't realize 2 cars purchased this month. What was the other one? Or is the trailer the 2nd? My arms / shoulders give out on the planks and I'm also trying not to aggravate my shoulder but since I had a c-section too I'll use that excuse too:D Just to let you know, you will never EVER hear of me quilting or using a thread and needle so as not to get me confused with Jeanette:p:D How does IMAX 3 compare to the other IMAX's? I have this 20% disc. and don't know what I want to buy. I'm thinking I have all the past DVD's that I really need/want from Cathe. I do have several on VHS but not sure if I want to go the expense of getting them in DVD.

Laurie - what about spending the day with your Mom? Just you and her? Maybe go shopping or go out for "tea". I bet some quality time with just you would be all she wants. Or how about a digital picture frame? You could buy it and pre-load it with pictures from the whole family?

Jeanette - does Disc 12A mean its the 1st time you've done the w/o and "B" is the 2nd week? Gee, I've never thought about the ball bursting on me? Mine is so old. It was sold by Gin Miller probably back in the mid 90's and I love it. Its lasted so well. I think it is one of my best purchases ever but I wonder now how long the material will hold up?

Might try to get in some extra stretching tonight or do my neck and shoulder drills.

Have a nice night all.

Oh, I know it was Jeanette, totally a typo Patricia! Yes, the second vehicle being the camper.

Just checking the highway websites, poor North Dakota is getting another blizzard:(. Sounds like although some of the highways have water on them, they are all open, so hopefully will make it to Vegas on Thursday.

Imax3 is a little harder and not as much "fun" as Imax 2.

I think Jeanette and I have been doing the same thing, A for the first time done and B for the second time. I thought you were just doing a 3 month rotation? I was doing the same time, using the recommended cardio for 3 workouts and then running or whatever for the other 3.

Hope ds is feeling better soon! Poor little guy! Kim

MESOCYCLE ONE IS DONE
icon4.gif
icon4.gif

Also did the extended stretch, going to try to do some errands today if I don't get stuck :rolleyes: as we got tons of snow yesterday. Going to pack, leaving for Vegas tomorrow and returning Sunday.

Hope everyone is doing ok!

Good Afternoon Coolers

I'm home with DS today so got my w/o in already :) Did KPC then my shoulder and neck drills. I really don't get why everyone loves KPC so much. I find it just drags for me and skipped to the abs after about 45mins. I think I'll do some Turbo Jams when it calls for KB next time.

I got an appt at a walk-in-clinic at 6pm just to have DS checked out. I still think whatever he is fighting is just viral (sp?) but better to have it confirmed. I hate wasting the Drs time though. Oh well. Waiting for the knock on the door to say our 2 new armchairs are here. Lets hope they bring them into the basement. Not sure if its just one delivery guy or 2.

Kim - High 5s on completing Meso 1. Now you can go off with out any guilt. How long is the trip to Vegas for you? I mean whats the drive time to the airport and the length of the flight?

Waving hi to Laurie and Jeanette.

I've never "loved" KPC either, it's kind of boring and I don't find it that hard. I do enjoy kickboxing overall and the no equipment is nice so will still use it sometimes.

Ideally the drive to Grand Forks, ND will be 2.5 hrs (depending how long the border takes) and I think the flight is 3 hrs. Highway will be slow going though as there is water on it, and now this latest blizzard but hopefully the border will be quick as people are not going down due to the flooding.

Driving without kids is going to be so peaceful:):)

Hi girls,
Today's workout was Cardio Fusion step premix, no abs because my head didn't feel good. Was super busy at work today, mostly from missing Friday and Monday. The time flew anyways. AFter work, I played 9 holes of golf and did fair, putting better. Tomorrow will be Disk 10B.

Kim, WTG on finishing Meso1!!! You are da woman!!! I'm still grinding away, too many rest days for me I think. Oh well. Hope you enjoy your time in Vegas. Do you like the slots? Yep, it's my quilt, though we all worked on it. I helped my Mom cut out her strips last night for a log cabin quilt.

Patricia, did the armchairs arrive today? Have you used your Bowflex DB's? The way I'm going with STS, you will soon catch me, even if you repeat weeks LOL! I've never been a big fan of KPC either.

Laurie, did the PJ family have bed head too? Speaking of hair, I sure had a bad hair day today. Those don't happen too often to me, but today was the day. Must be because my nose was plugged and my eyes were saggy and achey too. Lovely.

Gotta run,

Kim, have a great time on vacation, we'll miss you! Take pictures, okay?

Morning!

Todays workout was Shoulders, biceps, triceps and core plus 25 min. of jumprope.

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday, but it was a busy day with budget information. And I just received a meeting notice to attend. :( Guess I better respond, since it is my bosses boss! :p

Kim, My Mom is walking with a cane right now, and is super happy that she doesn't have the pain anymore. I would imagine that not having to deal with bone on bone isn't as painful! :D WTG on finishing Meso 1.

Patricia, I like the digital frame, since my Mom lives about 6hrs away from us.:( We are not able to visit them this year, because we made the decision to spend Easter with his parents this year.

Jeanette, Oh yes the bed head was like bed head gone wild! :eek: Both of my DD's would never never never ..... go outdoors without combing their hair. Not saying that they wouldn't wear the pj's. But they like to watch What Not to Wear, and wearing pj's to the store is a big no no on that show.

Laurie

Afternoon all. Went into work this morning and home by 12:30. DH took the morning shift with DS and took him for a chest x-ray. I think he is just fighting a viral infection but even now he has been coughing non-stop for about 2 hours and I don't know what to do other than liquids. I've smeared Vicks on his chest & throat.

The side benefit is I got my w/o in already. Did Disc 3A - legs today. Very doable but still tough. My legs were sore from KPC so I was a bit fearful of doing legs today. While Disc 3 is an endurance w/o its not like Leaner Legs and if any one can finish LL then you can do anything. DS has had fun pushing around on my gliding discs today. I guess he is getting a leg w/o today too:p

Kim - I didn't get on earlier so hopefully this isn't too late or maybe you can catch-up while on vacation. Anyhow, hope you enjoy your trip kidless:p:p

Jeanette - when you said "did fair" I got confused at first with fairre and thought since when did you do fairre then had to go back and read a bit more slowly. Still on high speed mode from having only 3hrs this a.m. to get caught up on 1.5 days of work so I know what you mean time flies:p Yep, got the chairs at 7:30pm. I didn't sit in them as they were COLD from being in a moving truck all day but I'm reclining now and loving it. I've been using my Bowflex mainly for anything I need in the 15 &> range. I like them but I can see where if you have normal DB's they are nice for some moves due to a larger range of motion. The ST's are so "long" that they can get in the way a bit for moves like chest flies as I feel I could move my arms closer on the up swing by about 2 inches with normal DBs. Pros and Cons to everything. The ST's are easy to dial the weights with however sometimes when you're lifting and you realize you want to change your weights it's quicker to put them down and p/u DB then to put them down and dial the different weight selection.a

Laurie - how has work been going after your forced week of a while back? I tell you every day that goes by seems to get worse in the news rather than better. I see you're on a jump rope kick. Any reason in particular? The last few years I've been getting lazy and going out w/o in makeup on. That's as far as I'll go looking like I just rolled out of bed:p

The last episode of ER is on tonight so will definetly be watching that along with Survivor.

Take care,

Morning Coolers:

Can I just say one word? DOMS:p I saw the warnings on the STS forums about the leg w/o's so no surprise. I thought the w/o was tough yesterday but doable. Boy does it come back to haunt you later:D Hams, butt all talking to me today:) Drill Max is on the rotation today which I don't have but I do have Cardio Fusion so will pop that in and take a look at the premixes. If memory serves me correcly I might need my rebounder for some of the drills.

Home this a.m. with DS and will go into work in the afternoon. I almost wish DS had something that he needed medication for as fighting off this virus just seems to be taking a long time. Missed his 1st swimming lesson last night of the new session:(

Watched the last episode of ER last night. It was a good send off to the series. Pulled at your heart of course. End of an era. Oh well.

Jeanette - oops, delete delete. I was going to say something about Survivor but don't know if you watched it yet.

Have a good day all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.