***MONDAY MONDAY 12-WEEKER MONDAY***

L Sass

Cathlete
Morning 12 week crew. Still have to head back and read up from yesterday. Yesterday was my "free day" and while I wasn't over the top, I certainly wasn't clean. Back at it today! Up at 4:15 and hit an itread sprints, 4DSKB and leg freestyling. BBL for BBC back and shoulders. Hope you are all doing well!

I'm not terribly familiar with the itreads but LOVE the 2 I have. Anyone have any suggestions for a longer sprints itread? (Gayle? Oh Gayle?) TIA

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Good morning, my friend! Early birds, aren't we?

First, I want to share my FAVORITE quote with you all:

[font color=red]"You have the ability to light up your life like you can't believe. Your abilities will flourish when they are not controlled by someone else's idea of who you SHOULD be."[/font]

I LOVE that quote, and I have it on my fridge with the Cathe Road Trip group picture and a few other motivational things. Read it again, and THINK about it.

My goals this week:
1...get up 10 minutes earlier, in basement by 5:05am.
2...continue to focus on 6 CLEAN meals (all pre-planned).
3...I'd like to add just ONE steady-state run on one of my weight days (that's in addition to the 3 HIIT sessions this week).

I'm all done with lower body today. I don't know what I ate yesterday, but it SUPER charged me this morning. Even my heaviest weight during my sets didn't max me out! What's with that? lol My max for squats was 105, deadlifts was 105, and leg extensions was 90.75!!! And I STILL could have done an extra rep or 2! Not complaining, I'm just sayin'! lol

OK...time to shower. I'm helping with 1st grade's school store early this morning, so I have to get the kids moving earlier. BBL to chat, after I hit the grocery store to pick up stuff to make more protein pancakes.

Lorrie-long iTread sprint. iTread 21 is also a run interval (30 minutes), but LONGER is set 24. Keep in mind that you can pair up 2 interval iTreads. So you could tag-team the 2 sets you already have. Be sure to let us know what you buy!

TIME TO GET STARTED!

Gayle

Good morning gals! I'm ready to go! I have my eating planned out for the day and hoping to sneak in a 30 minute walk at work between the end of my day and the board meeting that night. I don't have time to leave work and return so I need to improvise and get the workout in somehow without leaving. :) It will be a LONG day that's for sure, and it's my first day back since we were in Mexico, UGH!! x(

I do have my workouts planned the rest of the week, so I should be set.

OT: I went on our Mexican vacation to relax and think about all I have going on in my life and try to simplify things and enjoy them more. Well......unfortuneately that didn't happen, we vacationed with another family and there just was never any "me time". I am still quite restless and not where I 'wanted' to be at this point. BUT, I've been reading all your posts and you've inspired me to realize that I have it all right here inside me, I just need to make MY decisions instead of what everyone else wants. (Gayle, your quote was HUGE for me this morning, thanks!)

So, I'm turning over a new leaf - do it for myself!! Thanks to all for listening. :*

Take care,
Marcia.

Good Morning Girls!

I decided yesterday to follow the BFL program so I had a chance last night to look through the recipe book and have some good meal ideas for the upcomming week. The only thing I do need to do is go out and get some chicken and a note book.

Gayle** You take your pics every week? Thats a good idea b/c I think (myself) in general would stay more committed to the program if I knew I had to get a pic taken every week! Good job on the workout today. Im assuming you have help getting those weights over your head?

Lorrie** I to am interested in the itreads. I just downloaded one last night but I can't upload it on my ipod. Mind you I am not the best at computers but if I play around with it long enough, I usually figure it out! I only bought one run and we will go from there. If I like it, I will buy another one.

Have a good day everyone. My workout will be PUB and the run I downloaded if I can get it on my Ipod! Probably won't be back until tonight!

Lori:)

Hi Lori - we must've been posting at the same time. I've been looking at the BFL eating program, too. I don't have the book, but I have the P90X eating information - I wonder if it's similar??? Maybe we can all swap ideas for eating plans?

What kind of ipod do you have? I have been thinking about getting one, but not sure which one? I heard that there is one that you can separate certain songs out for certain workouts?? I'm so confused when it comes to this stuff.

Anybody have an ipod that they love?

Marcia.

Lori-LOL. I actually use the dip handles on my Power Tower as a squat rack. I figure that if the dip handles are made to allow a 300+# man do dips, it can hold my measly little 110# barbell, right? LOL And yes, I DO take my pic every week. I think I'm going to start only adding them to my BFL profile every other week, but I will continue taking it each Sunday morning. I just know me well enough that I NEED to do it every single week.

Marcia-I LOVE that quote. And, like you, a few years ago I had to take some time away from everything and everybody and just REFOCUS. There are SO MANY things that are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of our control, and it's simply a waste of our precious energy to worry about those things. HONESTLY! We cannot control them, so instead of worrying about them, we really need to adjust the way we react to those things. GOOD FOR YOU, for realizing that it's just a matter of DOING IT!

On the iPod question. BF just bought me an 80 gig iPod Classic for Christmas. At first, I wasn't all that excited, but NOW....I've had time to play and there's NO WAY I'm giving this puppy up! LOL

Gayle

Good Morning All!

Goals for this week -

1. to eat within my points, saving my extra points for one meal on Friday night. I ended up within my points last week, but it was close. I'd like to do better this week. Although I did lose 5 pounds so I can't complain too much. :+

2. enjoy myself. I'm feeling good, and looking leaner. I want to enjoy that and urge myself on. I'm now at a sticking point for me - the first 5 are always fairly easy to lose - now I need to buckle down and get more serious to keep up the momentum, but I don't want to drive myself crazy with the details.

3. Measure - I'm going to start measuring myself on Mondays - which are my official weigh in days (I do weigh myself daily, though). I'm not yet brave enough to take pics. :p

I have Hi/Lo Extreme on the docket today. That's a nice, fun calorie burner. I have my meals planned for the day and am about to pack my lunch. I also have my evening meals planned for the week, so I'm set there, too.

Good Morning Ladies!

Today was S&H Chest, Back and Abs.

I have a couple of questions.....
****How important is the waiting to eat 1 hour after working out? that is tough for me to do. (time wise) I assume this is part of the BFL. I just have the BFL for Women book.

**** Explain the "free" day please. Is that from the first week of the challenge or after for maintenance? And what does "free" mean?

I really need some motivation. I have been really eating clean for the last week, but nothing is budging!x(

Thanks for listening!
Gin:)

Good Morning,

Yesterday was my free day and I was doing great until went to a friends house to watch football. Darn, those snacks at the bar kept on calling my name until I finally caved. Although, I am proud of myself for turning down the alcohol! I have had a stomach ache ever since. I think I need new friends, mine are enablers! LOL!

But today is a new day. I will be doing legs and core today. Eating will most definitely be on track. Surely one episode won;t have sabatoged my efforts too much. I actually am down 1" in the waist. I weighed yesterday and it appears I have lost 4 lbs since 12/31. YEAH!!

Keep up the great work everyone!!

Carolyn

Quick checkin before I start my workday. The scale was cruel to me today still hanging on to those 2lbs I picked up last week. Don't know whats going on. Will eat cleaner this week and see what happens. Have a good day all.

Christine-your goals sound perfect, and doable!!! Congrats on that first loss, now let’s REALLY focus and keep moving forward!

Gin-if you don’t have the time to wait a whole hour to eat after your workout, then don’t. J The idea is that your workout kicks your metabolism up, in a fasted state. This way you burn more of the ‘bad’ stuff. But you really have to do what works for you. As for Free Day. The original BFL book (the one that I follow) includes a Free Day where you can do and eat whatever (and how much ever) you want! LOL FREE! It’s hard to grasp that idea, but when you read the book and he explains ALL his reasoning behind it, it makes sense. First off, a free day (an entire day) still falls above that 80/20% clean eating principle (that’s MY fact, NOT BFL). Second, according to Phillips, it spikes your metabolism and keeps your body from going into starvation mode. Third, it allows you to have the foods you enjoy AND crave without feeling guilty. There are a few other reasons behind it in the BFL book, but those are the bigger ones. I believe, if I remember correctly, the BFL for Women book is a bit different in that it incorporates those types of treats into your DAILY program, as opposed to your WEEKLY program. Hope that helps some! I’ve taken a Free Day every single Sunday for the past 15 weeks and I’m STILL seeing progress!

Carolyn-don’t worry about yesterday. You’re fine. Get right back on track.

Roxie-drink drink drink water! Those 2# will disappear soon!

Gayle

Hi, Everyone-

*Gayle*-I'm assuming you have some sort of weight bench type equipment that lets you get up there in lbs with your legs--impressive! I'm really interested in trying that when I've got a house with enough room for more equipment.

Saturday was the first official weigh in/measuring day for my DH and I, and he agreed to shift the weeks we do this so it doesn't always fall at TTOM! Here our our results:

Me--starting 151lbs,
1/12 147lbs.
Natural waist 29.5in,
1/12 28.5in.
Low waist 35.5in,
1/12 35in.
Hips 40.5in,
1/12 39.25in.

DH
Starting 194lbs
1/12 185lbs
Waist 36.25in
1/12 34.25in.
Hips 41in.
1/12 39.25in.

I earned $43 in fun money, and he earned $56! I'm sure it'll slow down a bit now, though.

I've been talking to my DH about figuring out what his ultimate goal is (beyond just making exercise a habit and not eating as many refined carbs). Anybody have suggestions on how he could measure muscle gain? If he measure's every two weeks, what would be a good increment to shoot for? 1/4 in? The "game" aspect of this is what's keeping it interesting for him at the moment, so I want to make sure he feels like he can still get rewarded even though he doesn't really need to keep dropping lbs.

Okay, off to clean the house, exercise, and go grocery shopping!

Kelly

Good morning. Boy, am I glad the weekend is over. I never say that, but I was just grazing all weekend. I ended up under 1900 calories each day but I really didn't need that much food. I have decided to let my weekends be a higher calorie day than normal because I just don't do as well as I do when I am at work.

My first weigh-in is on Wednesday and I am nervous. I hope that I lost some weight. If not, at least I feel like I am doing better. Also, I didn't take any measurements to start with so maybe I should do that too to monitor my progress.

Here's my plan for the week as far as workouts go

Mon - spinning
Tues - full body weights
Wed - yoga/core/stretch
Thurs - spinning
Fri - off
Sat - full body weights and treadmill
Sun - elliptical

Hope everyone has a great week.

My goodness you all are early birds! I don't know how you all do it.

Well this morning was double cardio from 4ds LIS and HIS.

I have lots to do today.

My eating will consist of a protein shake, chicken breast with some cauliflower and a roast tonight with green beans.

Have a good one all!

Hi all. Had a weekend foodfest and the scale is showing it today. Guess I need the work week discipline like some others I saw posted today :)

Also couldn't talk myself out of bed this morning. My DD was all cuddled up next to me and I really like that sometimes, so decided to enjoy it. Before you know it she'll be too big to cuddle w/ her mama! Just so that I don't TOTALLY wuss out, I will take a walk @ lunchtime. SOMETHING (even a little) is better than NOTHING!

Anyway, just stopped in to say hi and that I'm hangin' in there! Have a great day!

Quick check in before I have to run to the grocery store;

I got up and did an itread and then total body stretching. Eats have been good: cottage cheese and applesauce for breakfast and a Larabar for a snack. I ate nothing at our MOPS meeting, avaoided the kitchen all together. Lunch is carrots and hummus and dinner will be a beef stew.

Have a great day all!

Day 17 of 12 Week Challenge

Lorrie - 4:15? You beat me by 15 minutes. :) Feels good getting the day off to a good start, doesn't it?

Marcia - The P90X eating plan looks to be more low carb whereas BFL is balanced portions of carbs & protein. I looked at the P90X plan and thought the first phase especially would be hard to sustain and keep up my energy for workouts. I don't have energy problems on BFL which is why I like it.

Gin - I exercise first thing in the morning but eat something first and then nothing again for a couple of hours. I've done BFL eating by the book where you workout on an empty stomach and wait the hour but I have a hard time doing it with intense workouts like Cathe. I get shaky and just don't feel like I'm giving 100%. Do what works for you. If I'm still struggling with the scale after this week, I'll have to try the fasted workout thing again. On BFL you have a free day every week during the 12 week challenge. You eat the foods you've been craving and give yourself a mental and physical break. Most people also take
their rest day on their free day. Gayle can probably tell you more. Also check the Body for Life site. You'll find lots of information there.

Carolyn - Congrats on losing 4 pounds and 1" in your waist! Don't worry about overdoing it last night - it was your free day and you'll bounce back today.

Roxie - Keep plugging away. Don't get discouraged.

Kelly - You and your DH are doing great.

Did 4DS Kickbox cardio & weights this morning. Eating is still on track and I'm drinking my water. My boss and I are going to walk around the shop during lunch. 7 laps around is 2 miles but we usually do 6. Hoping this extra cardio will get that scale moving again.

Sue

Hey fellow challengers!

As I expected, we had a snow day today. Oh well. At least it looks pretty outside. This morning, I did the standing leg work from B&G (plus the bonus exercises) and I was really feeling very strong through most of the exercises (even the dreaded lunge squat combo). ***doing a happy dance*** Plan for pm is CTX shoulders, abs and some kind of cardio. I'm thinking Turbo Jam.

Question for Lorrie: How do you like BBC? I bought it in December and have only previewed it. Too many choices right now in my workout library!

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Hey Sue - isn't it AWESOME to get up that early and work out? I just love how quiet it is that time of day - not only my house, but it just feels as if the whole world is quiet, and there you are kicking some serious BOO-TAY! I'm usually up at 4:00 but didn't sleep well last night and I did hit the snooze first. Then I just love it when something in my brain says "you don't know what the day will bring - if you get up at least the workout is in!"

Jonahnah - I'm terrible at following long rotations (though I did make it once through P90X and I did order STS) so I find that giving myself 2 weeks is good. I've been aiming for a fasting cardio first thing in the morning and then doing the BBC mid-morning. They are shorter than most of Cathe's strength w/os and while I'm not that big on the instructors, I did like them well enough at the end of these last 2 weeks to tack on another week. I think they take too long to explain the next exercise and that wastes some time. I've only done the non-TM cardios - which I do like - since my TM is not by my TV. What's probably weird is that my fave instructor out of all of them is Barry - he's gritty, and seems a bit hung-over, but I love it when he says "it ain't a break!" All in all I give the series about a 7 out of 10. HTH

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Happy Monday!!

I'm looking forward to starting anew today. I did very, very good last week - did all of my workouts and ate clean...'cept for Saturday. Saturday was bad...I couldn't seem to stop myself! I did get (mostly) back on track yesterday.

I am so envious of those that can get up early! I know I've said it before but I really want to be able to get up. My bed is just too darn cozy!

I just finished 4DS Chest & Back. Tonight will be 4DS Kickbox/Legs/Core. I did my long run yesterday (6 miles) so I'm not sure how my legs are going to hold up tonight!

My #1 goal this week: eat within my points range as CLEANLY as possible!

Lorrie - my favorite itreads are #14 and #24. I believe there are sprints in the 2nd half of #14. (I don't have my itread journal with me).

BBL - have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.