***MARCH 09~~Check-In~~Thursday 19th***

Good Morning!

I got up again at 530am. I think this time is a keep for me to get up! I don't feel tired during the day and have energy! DS woke up when I had 10 mins left, said hello to me and sat on the sofa. I think it's becoming a habit :)

I did Kickmax for the 3 time ever! The first 2 times I wasn't sure I liked the workout and now I do!! I love the arm drills at the beginning. At first I was like, well, this workout is awesome, low impact, and not so hard as KPC, but then when it got to the blasts I had to swallow my words!! My HR was up there big time! I did have to stop once in while at the blasts because my HR was up there all the time and it was too early for me to do some blasts like that, LOL! I did skip the leg drills because I don't need my legs to be sore for tomorrow's workout.

My triceps are talking to me this morning! I have DOMS! Not so much as week 1, but it's there. I'm off to get ready for work today. I hope everyone has a great day today and workouts!

Mornin' Ivy and all to follow!

loveshower.gif

I was really hurting yesterday. My legs were a mess. I think it was probably due to my first run
th_running1.gif
in 4 or more months! This morning my ARSE is sooo sore, definitely from DISC 17, me thinks :eek: All this soreness had BETTER lead to a smaller backend, because why do I suffer like this! It will, won't it??? :confused:

Today I'm doing cardio, the #1 Cardio Only Premix from the Original Bootcamp! I'm looking forward to it, haven't done that workout in forever (and never the cardio only premix). Instead of adding on Cathe's "Quick Fix Cardio", I'm going to do the Step Only Premix from IMAX3. And then Abs Circuit: No Equipment...

Ivy: I didn't do the leg drills from KM either that week! I was very happy with my decision, since the next day I couldn't walk after Legs from STS!
confused0078.gif

I'm still working my energy up to do my workout....

Oh! I had a surprise in my Inbox this morning! I got Kathy Smith's Monthly Newsletter, and guess who was featured for a "Success Story"??? I had no idea she was going to do that! I would post it, but the pictures don't show up. If you're interested, I can forward it to you...

Good morning chickadees!

Chris, OMG, how cool! Yes, I want to see the newsletter!! Can you forward it to me? Here's my email: [email protected]. My legs and arse :) are feeling a bit better today. Running must really be good for your legs if it's making us feel like this!! I'm determined to keep it up. That sounds like some fun cardio today.

Ivy, isn't it fun being a reformed a.m. exerciser?! That's the only time I can get it done. Your son is too cute. How old is he? My youngest son, Colin has always been an early riser. He used to always get up when I was working out, but he would make comments like why did you stop - she's still going! ;)

Today was Disc 8 - back and triceps. Colin did wake up towards the end and came downstairs. It was like a playground to him. He was playing with the stability ball and making a slide out of my step and risers. And jumping rope with the band. It was nice when I was done though, he helped me put it all away! My little assistant. I'm going to do an itread on the treadmill during my lunch if I can fit it in. The day is filled with meetings, but I'm determined to get away for an hour.

I'm going to miss Ian's last basketball game tonight. Colin joined cub scouts and his first meeting is at the same time. Although Ian's team is playing in a tournament tomorrow night and Saturday so I'll see plenty of basketball this weekend. They told us if they keep winning we could be there all day Saturday. I think it's a double elimination. We also have two soccer games that day. Hmmm, guess laundrymax and cleanmax will have to wait.

Gotta run...

Joanne

I finished!

What a strange mish mosh kind of cardio. I did enjoy BC though, that is a great workout, I miss it! Doing the IMAX 3 Step only Premix was weird. I felt like i wanted to do the blasts too... I missed them! LOL!. The No Equipment Abs was a good one. Though my left back is kind of bothering me, so some of the moves were harder. But i do think the Supermans at the end made my back feel better....

I'm already starting to think what the heck I'm going to do AFTER STS. I wonder what you're supposed to do to maintain your gains (if any! :eek:). Any thoughts on that or have you not thought that far ahead yet? LOL!

Joanne: I will forward the email to you!... It's funny, DH was commenting that maybe she would send me new workouts, and I thought, "Wow, Kathy Smith workouts would be a piece of CAKE compared to what I do now! I mean really!. "Though some of her Pilates and Ab stuff is still good. I was thinking the exact same thing about running, Joanne!! ... it's gotta be amazing for your lower body if it leaves us with so much soreness. I'm looking forward to gravitating towards more of it as the weather improves for sure!!!.... That's cute about Colin and your workout. I know sometimes Jake (my 7 yr old) will join me in the drills (Like 4DS BC). He's behind me doing the same moves and iit's so cute!.... You got a lot of sports going on there!! ... Zach is done with Basketball and the boys are going to start up with Baseball soon. ...

Okay, DH is home now, better get off the computer....

Chris, thanks for the email - very cool!

As far as what to do after STS - I'm not sure! Well, I do have a plan, sort of. I'll finish up STS in early June. Then I'll do the Lean phase of CLX - since I skipped over that to get to STS. It's meant to do after Push, which is the heavy lifting phase, so I figured it would be good to do after Meso 3. That'll take me right to our two week vacation in July. I plan to run a few times a week while we're gone and maybe take my bands and do some strength with those. After that - I have no idea! I'm hoping maybe Cathe comes up with some "after STS" rotation.

Good morning! Another hard time waking up this morning! Ivy, I have to be out of bed by 5am or I just don't have time to work out, so, both yesterday and this morning I didn't move out of bed til 5:00. I did disc 9 today -- legs -- I think I felt it more than the previous STS legs -- since I've sort of been winging the weights, I think I may have finally found what works 'em a little harder and that's why I'm feeling it. Chris, yes, what you're doing and all that soreness just has to do some good!

Oh yes, please do send me the Kathy Smith article -- I'll send you email when I'm done to make sure you have my address, but I'm certain you do. Oh, and that original boot camp cardio only -- I think I did that once. My recollection is that it's 30 minutes, and that I thought I could do it twice to make a longer workout, and my recollection is also that I couldn't do it! :) It's amazing how intense those cardio portions can be when you don't have the weight work in between for "rest".

Oh, speaking of that.... I really had wished I'd had my hrm on this morning for that leg work -- my heart rate was up there! I've got to remember next time, because that's at least the second time I've thought that. And speaking of heart rates..... I got some of that Click espresso protein drink. I think today was my third or fourth day trying it. I don't know what happened, but I feel like I'm having an anxiety attack! Way too much caffeine for me, I think. This is not a good feeling, and I'm not quite sure what to do to be done with it (the feeling). This is why I've never done any drugs -- I really don't like the feeling of my body doing something strange!

Joanne, I hope all goes well with the basketball this weekend -- how exciting!

-Beth

Oh p.s., after STS I think I'm going to do at least a few weeks of total body and circuit workouts.

-Beth

Hello There Ladies ! :)

Been awhile since I've even turned on my laptop and I have a few moments of just sitting to say Hi.

Today I started week 3 of the Burn phase. It's going much better at recognizing what weights and form. I am hoping to see some positive results w/ this by the end.

It's been pretty busy here as always and I had to run and pick up my son from school a bit ago as he is not feeling well - actually he is now asleep:( - He had a track meet this afternoon but told his coach if he should try to make it till the end of the day and coach said go home :rolleyes: He won 2 medals coming in 1st place in the 800m and another race for the county.

Chris I know what you mean about working so hard and hoping to see some good results. I'll PM you w/ my email addy so you can forward me your newsletter. That is just sooo cool!

Ivy Seems like you found your groove for your early morning workouts :) and your lil one knows not to disturb you - how old is he?

Joanne your youngest sounds so cute working out with you - my youngest dd used to do that but not so often now - she says she does enough running and pushups at school lol

Beth oh too bad you felt that way with that protein drink. I used to get that way when I used those GNC energy pacs and omg they made me feel so awful. Now if I want a boost I'll just stick to my expresso or tea here and drink plenty of water. I can't take any of that stuff :confused:

Well I'm off to take my son's temp I hope he doesn't have the flu as that boy is never sick enough to call home for a pick up or sleep like this. :(

Hugs to all! :)

picture.php

Hi ladies..

Checking in real quick with Cardio only premix from original bootcamp and no equipment abs..Then instead of the cardio quick fix again. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical...

Have a great day!!

[FONT=&quot]Chris: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]WTG on your workout today! I also hope my Bhind gets smaller too with all this hard work, LOL. What’s Cathe’s Quick Fix Cardio?? OMG Chris, yes I want to read your success story! My addy is [email protected] You know I’ve been thinking the same thing. What will Cathe recommend after STS. This is what I have planned. What I’m going to do is probably (if she doesn’t suggest anything) is do her regular monthly rotation, and in the fall, back to STS but 6 month rotation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Joanne: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]My son is 2 yrs old [/FONT]J[FONT=&quot] How cute that your son helped you put the stuff away. My son does that some times. Too cute. WTG on Disc 8! My triceps are still sore from it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Beth: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]WTG on Disc 9! I’ll be doing that one tomorrow and can’t wait.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Vilma: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]HI!!!!!!!!!!!!! We’ve missed you!! WTG on your workout today! I’m sorry to hear your little one is sick. I hope he feels better soon! That’s so great that he won 2 medals!! Congratulations! My son is 2 yrs old.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kathy: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]WTG on Bootcamp. Can you believe I’ve had this workout for a WHILE and STILL haven’t tried it! Urgh! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Have a great night everyone! Tomorrow is legs and going to get up early again. [/FONT]J[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.