***March 09~~~CHECK-IN~~~Tuesday 3rd***

Goodmorning

Today is Imax2 and I will get that done after work. OMG, my arms are SO SORE!!!!!! I think I might have to switch legs for tomorrow, but I will know that better by tonight.

From yesterday's post:

Beth: I had so much energy yesterday. After the Y, I got home and we all ate, got the kids ready for bed and I worked for an hour, then it was 9pm and I still had energy. Don't know where it's coming from, I've felt like that for 3 days now. I better take advantage, lol.

Kathy: So the slanted risers really hold good the step? I hope it was worth the $$ :)

Joanne: WOW! I would be nervous too if I left DD at the bowling or somewhere else without me, lol. How old is your son? I'm sure it has to be done some time though. I know my time will come when I have to give that little freedom to DD.

Chris: I hope your headache is gone by now. YES, I love that the exercises move from one to the other without lingering with forever reps on one exercise. It makes it more fun that way. Those push ups were insane. I can't imagine how Disc 7 will be when I get there (eeekkk). I didn't do all of the 1RM's. I did only 4-5 star rated ones and didn't do the legs.

Well, soon my kids will be up so I better put my contacts on. BB later friends :)

Hey Ivy! and everyone to follow this morning!...

balloony.gif

My headache didn't really go away last night. I felt horrible, but HAD to stay up to watch The Bachelor's finale show and "The Final Rose" afterwards. Not sure if any of you watch that , but I was quite disgusted at how it all ended. My bubble was burst , Jason didn't seem like such a nice guy anymore.... Anyways, I got to sleep all night without blood sugar checks because DH was home. Sweet! My headache is gone this morning! So I'm guessing I really needed sleep.

Unfortunately, I hit the Fluff jar last night. It's hard for me to not eat crap when i feel so 'crappy'! :eek:

I'm going to do SOME type of cardio today. I'd like to a good long sweaty one to burn off that "Fluff".

Ivy: I was/am JUST as excited about STS as you are this week! It's so amazing so far, I'm getting excited about Mesocycle #2 next week!! I'm going to have to preview it this week when I get a chance. At least look through the guide book. I had MAJOR DOMS from Disc 1 too, but was able to do Disc 2 2 days later. It totally works different places.

I'll BBL to let you know what cardio I picked!

5yjbztv.gif

I need a vacation on a white warm sandy beach with clear blue waters.

A girl can dream eh?

I'm still waking up with an achiness around my neck and head so I don't know what's up with that. :(

Yesterday was as surprising as usual ... it did finally snow after the kids were at school since our area is mainly country roads the school system dismissed the kids at noon. Today its a 2 hour delay so they are still here. We ended up with icy roads not safe for school buses, so I'll be leaving here shortly.

Silver is finally home he is still weak and not himself yet and not bothering with his sister who is constantly hissing at him. I have to give him antibiotics twice a day and make sure the cats don't eat the others food. :confused:
He has a followup in a month unless I need to bring him in sooner. I was told I need to monitor him when he uses the litter box and make sure he is peeing - so I had to take off the top cover and man these cats make a mess with making the litter fly :mad: ugh.

I feel some DOMs today in which I had not felt in a long long time :) I guess my body just got used to my kettlebells. I was able to workout to Burn Circuit 1 (Thanks Beth :D ) yesterday before everything got crazy here - most definitely a learning curve. I need to get used to it all.

I have DH home as he is now off work Tues & Wed and thank God for that today as the roads going up to his work place are icy icy icy - lots of places and schools are closed up there.

Today I hope to get on my TM and do a CC maybe v4.

Crap I need to get on outta here and get these guys off to school - Once again I pray I can get back online later to chit chat with you all.

picture.php

Good morning! Ivy, yes, take advantage while you have the energy! :)
Chris, I'm glad to hear your headache is gone -- your work schedule plus the blood sugar checks in the night have to be really hard on your body -- you should sleep when you can, and I'm glad you had a good night last night.

Vilma, sorry to hear about your neck! Do you think it came from clx? I remember my neck hurting -- but I blamed it on my pillows -- now I wonder! I hope all goes well there with Silver and the snowy/icy conditions. We still have crazy wild wind/rain here.

I did Back and Triceps today -- 65% of 1RM -- except that I'm really finding I can't go that heavy for 15 reps for the most part!!! Chris/Kathy, did you find that? I go down in weight a little bit, I don't do all the reps, and/or my form is bad. I'm really starting to wonder if I should have repeated the weeks to get a hang for both the exercises and the weight amounts. Looking ahead to our spring break, I think I will repeat this week's workouts (though as I was doing today's I thought "no way, this is torture!") to make my rest week fall during break. I'll have to repeat one more week of meso 1, too. Hope I can last that long!! Today was the first time I noticed repeat footage -- I did not on the chest/shoulders/biceps. They really did a superb job editing.

Joanne, how did the bowling work out? You're brave!

Hottie, anything new?

I want to go back to bed and stay there, but that's not happening, of course.... have a good one!!

-Beth

Just getting back home and brrr its cold out there . At the moment I'm waiting on DH to bring breakfast home I guess I'll be doing my run much later as I'm hungry lol
He ended up driving dd to campus while I drove the younger two to school as oldest dd was not ready to come w/ me.

Beth my head and neck achiness have been going on since last week when I first started getting sick so it's not CLX. My pillows and bed are temperpedic and never have given me any issues so I think its this cold lingering on. I just take 800 mg of Motrin for it :eek:

Chris I'm not much into those shows even though I record The Biggest Loser I just fast forward to see who got bumped off and see their before and afters. I'm more of a Ghost Whisperer , Medium, Heros & Nip/ Tuck kinda gal those are the shows that I dvr.

Don't worry about the fluff just remember moderation I need to tell myself that w/ peanut butter lol I only love PB when the jar's freshly opened after that I won't touch it thank goodness :rolleyes:

Ivy
So glad you are loving STS, can you send me some of that extra energy you've found? I can sure use it :p

Joanne Happy to hear your mom is ok and you were able to see the show.

Big hellos to Kathy & Hottie.

picture.php

Hi ladies. Ugh!!! I just lost a whole long post! Very frustrating! Anyway, the boys did fine at bowling. They are 12 and 11 and this is really the first time we've let them go somewhere like that without any adult supervision. Big step for us! Two of their friends met them there. Although next time I need to specify "you do not need to spend the entire $20 each!" I didn't have change, so gave them each a twenty. Jameson gave me .37 cents in change and Ian nothing. They had to wait for a lane so played video games, which can suck up money like no one's business!

Vilma, mmm, hope you enjoyed your breakfast! It's always best when someone else makes it! I know, I wish the winter weather would go away already. I'm sick of it. I want to be warm! Glad to hear Silver is home safe and sound.

Ivy, how's your arms? Mine are aching! It hurts to lift them over my head. Take advantage of that energy while it's there!

Beth, I'm deciding whether or not to repeat the weeks in this first mesocycle. I know I need to adjust my weights a bit from yesterday since some were too light and some too heavy.

Chris, glad your headache finally left. Bad sleep is so hard. Yes, I watched The Bachelor. Jason just doesn't know what he wants! I felt so bad for Melissa and I wished Molly would have been a bit more hesitant or said something like you had your chance! It'll be interesting to see what happens tonight.

Today I did Plyo Legs from Meso 3 instead of Imax2. I wanted to try it out and get some more leg work. OMG, I'm humbled - it slayed me!! It was tough! Great cardio workout and leg workout. I was going to do a couple 1RM for back and triceps that I missed afterwards but was totally sapped of energy. Feel good now, though.

BBL...

Joanne

Hello again,

I did Imax 2 and that was tough today. I had to stop a couple of times. But, I'm glad I did it and it's over and done. Tonight I want to do some Yoga. I've been doing Yoga lately and it's making me feel GREAT! My arms are still fried from yesterday's workout! I might have to switch Disc 2 tomorrow for Disc 3. We'll see in the morning.

Will try to BB later for personals. Have a busy day ahead.

Joanne, think about the repeating question quick, because I am regretting not repeating week 1, since it is the only week at 60%. Since I went slightly heavier this week, it seems crazy to go back, you know? On the other hand, I guess I could do those workouts and try to go slightly heavier. Depending on my schedule, we may sync up!! :)

Kathy/Chris, did you have any trouble with those drop sets, I think they're called? Where you pyramid down by 20%? I had really odd weight choices as my target, and it would have meant a lot of fiddling with hand weights on and off and on again, so I just sort of winged it. I have a really hard time keeping up whenever I have to deal with the hand weights, which seems often!

It's lunch time and I'm procrastinating......

-Beth

Hey again!!

Ended up going out with DH to shop for Alex (9 yr old). He's going to dress up as the main character in his biography he read for his book report: Muhammed Ali. So we went To Modells and bought him some gray sweats , a mouth piece , red boxing gloves.

And then I came back , ate a snack, and did Cardio Fusion Premix : All Step Cardio. I did the stretch afterwards, and then added some more stretching of my own. It was a pretty good workout! I'm thinking I don't want to push TOO much this week. I really want to lighten up on my cardio , because we're "supposed to" and I also read recently how you shouldn't work yourself HARD HARD on every workout (which I felt like i did during STS for sure!) . Plus, less cardio is sometimes "more", know what I mean?

I made a LOVELY Black Bean & Corn Salad (from the recipe forum here!) and it's soooo dang good! That was my snack this afternoon!

Vilma: Good to hear your kitty is home, it's funny how his sister is treating him. It sounds crazy and difficult to have to monitor his peeing, though. Sorry you're neck and head hurt... I have no idea what it could be , take care not to strain it anymore though. Oh! You started CLX? How did you like it? .... Oh yeah, I watch probably too many shows. Nip/Tuck is one of my faves too! I like Biggest Loser as well, but it's MUCH better DVR'd where you can FF through all the "crap". I hear ya on the snow/cold weather. We got a FOOT of snow yesterday! It's a "Marshmallow World" out there, all over again! I need me some Springtime weather...STAT!

Beth:
Thanks, I know, my sleep schedule sucks big time. I live for my nights I don't have to get up twice. On STS stuff, yeah, I found there were some weights I just couldn't do too because it was too heavy. I just stopped early (when I failed) or went to lesser weights (after doing 1 or 2 reps and thinking NO WAY!). I wrote down the actual weight I lifted so i could adjust for the next week's workout. I just went up by a little (didn't do the whole figuring out of 65%). I really don't think I could physically have done the 6 month rotation or repeating a week. I was so fatigued at the end of 4 weeks, I really was! I think the way you're doing it is fine, Beth. Or if you decide to repeat a week, it can't hurt, right? Oh ... and for the Drop Sets... I have a pair of 1 LB hand weights I'd use for odd #'s. I also have 2 LB wrist weights I'd just throw on. ...

Joanne: Good DOMS from STS so far, huh? What have you done so far? 1 AND 2? Do you like the way the exercises move along or is it too fast for you? You are NUTS doing Plyo Legs!! OMG.. was it kind of fun though??? I think I missed the part where you let your 2 boys stay at the bowling alley alone? Weren't you nervous!? I bet they were on their best behavior!

Off to get going for supper and ready for school tomorrow!

Chris, all I've done so far is Disc 1 and then the Plyo Leg workout. It was fun in an evil torture kind of way! Actually, it made me realize that no other video instructor really works you out like Cathe does! But, it had so much variety and everything was less than a minute, I think. Tomorrow is Disc 2. You'll have to take pictures of Alex as Muhammed Ali. How fun! Yea, I DVR 99% of what I watch. I can get through a two-hour show in less than 45 minutes skipping all the fluff and commercials. Nip/Tuck is so out there sometimes! Weird stuff! Do you watch Damages? Great show on FX - hard to follow along, but it's really compelling.

Beth, I'm leaning towards repeating this first week at least. That first workout moved so fast and some of my weights were off - I think a second run through would be good. If I repeat all four weeks, I'll probably take a rest week halfway in between, so after four weeks. I do remember Cathe saying that the program worked best as a six-month rotation, but she didn't want it to seem overwhelming or something like that!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.