***L*E*T*S***G*O***

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning gals

Today is another no workout day. I slept late, and we have a 9:45 meeting with the Cantor about DS12's barmitzvah. (only 9.5 months away:eek::D) and many errands.

DH hung up my pullup bar this morning:D:D:D so I hope to do the last day of week -2 today, so I am on track for next week.

Gin~ Are you done now with FF's rotation? What are you doing now?

Marcy~ I hope you are having a nice weekend.

Have a great day!!!!

Hi Girls!

Today was BB's yoga. I am going to try to do some of my 1rm test this week and do Curcuit Zone Tues and run. Next week I'll start FF's Dec rotation.

Deanie~Yeah to your pull up bar!

Marcy~ Did you choose a paint color?

Have a great day!

Monday

Good Morning

Today was Manmakers 3X, pullups (never got to them yesterday so I am a day behind) and a 4 min Tabata with my jumprope...just for something different;) The tabata was HARD!!

Hope you had a nice weekend!

Hi Girls!

Today was run and then 20 min. of Classical Stretch.
I wish I had another day to the weekend. Not quite ready to go back to work today!:rolleyes:

Have a great day!

Good Morning!

I did Week -1 today Day 1 of the pullup challenge.

1 and 3/4 (supposed to be 2)
1 and 1/2 (supposed to be 2)
1 negative

I did these with 120 secs. rest.

I did Empire State today. I used the Workout Shuffle.

Mountain Climbers
Russian Twists - 20# Did some with feet on the ground; some off
Chest Presses - 25# (first time using 25#)

Swings - 25# (first time using 25#)
1-leg deadlift - 25# - a little wobbly today
Tricep Extension - 25#

Lunge Cocktail - 25# (first time using 25#)
Side Plank - did all with hip dips
Super Plank - all

Super Burpee - 20# (didn't do last rep)
Banana Roll
Tricep pushups - went at my own pace (not as many as Anthony)

Plie to Releve - 25# (1st time)
Pullover to Getup Situp - 20# (will try 25# next time)
Hot Potato - 20# - all

Suitcase Deadlift - 25# (could've used 30#) - will use double 20s next time
Punch Matrix
Side Snatches - 20# - all - will try 25# next time (this round was the easiest for me)

Overhead Lunge - 25#
Figure 8 to a hold - 25#
Clean & Press - 25#

Squats - 25# - almost all reps
Bottom Windmill - 25# (will try double 20s next time)
Crush Curls - 25#

Snatches - 20# for 1 min. 45 seconds

This was probably my best workout so far with Empire State.

Deanie - Great job on Manmakers 3X! Glad to see your pullup bar is up. I assume you're on Day 3 of Week -2? Pullups are so much harder than chinups.

Gin - Hope you like Circuit Zone tomorrow. I really like her leg work in this. Do you have a lot of 1RMs left to do? We didn't choose a paint color yet. We have a whole bunch of swatches at home we have to look through.

Have a great day!

Marcy

Tuesday

Good Morning

today was Newport.

Snow day today, schools are closed:D:):D So I get to spend the whole day in my sweats with my boys!!! Life is Good!!!:D

Have a good day!

Good Morning!

I did Amy's Quick NRG premix from In The Ring and the Hip Opener practice from the new Mark Blanchard series. His wife, Elizabeth, instructs. It was good. Love doing the yogic squats now. I can go really deep. I might do a circuit tomorrow. If not, Firepower or Providence.

Deanie - Lucky you!! I'm jealous but then again, it's going up to 65 here today so I can't complain too much.

Gin - How was Circuit Zone?

Have a great day!

Marcy

Wednesday

Good Morning

today was Firepower. I used my 20# and 25#kb. I think if I had 2 - 25#kb, that might be better for me for this dvd. I used the two 20#'s when there were doubles, but I know I could use more weight if I had it...i.e. the alt. chest press and the renegade row (which I love!) I did the 5 min. snatch test with my 20#kb and I did the 2 alarm premix.

round 1: TGU used 25#
round 2; alternate clean and press (2 kb used)20#/double row 20#
round 3: super burpee 25#/ figure 8 to a hold 25#/ super plank
round 4: alt. double cleans
(2 kb used)20#/suitcase dead lift 25#/ alt. chest press(2 kb used)20#/ russian twist 20#
round 5: hi-pull & snatch 25#/ seesaw press
(2 kb used) 20#/ figure 8 w/lunge- started with 25# changed to 20#/ renegade row(2 kb used) 20#/ squat w/triple crush 25#

then I did my pullups...which are not getting easier!!!

Gin~ Hope you had a good workout today. Did you get CTX yet?

Marcy~ What did you end up doing today?

Another snow day for us:):):) I could get used to this!!!

Have a great day!

Good Morning Girls!

We have a snow/ice day today....yeah!!:D So no school for me. Which is a good thing since I have not been feeling well and was planning to call for a sub.
I felt so yucky yesterday(female stuff:() that I didn't workout at all. That doesn't happen very often. I would like to do 4ds LIS step and some of my 1rm later if I feel better.

Deanie~Wow...2 snow days in a row! Enjoy!:D Are you getting cabin fever at all? I can hear the kids in the neighborhood outside playing..so fun!
Bad ending to the CTX dvds. The trader was bad and others have reported her already. I paid with Pay Pal so it should be fine. I should have known that $30. was too good to be true!! Someday I'll buy it.

Marcy~65 degrees there, huh? Sounds nice! I did not do Curcuit Zone yesterday. I was barely able to get myself ready for work!:( Maybe later this week. I have only done about 20 of my 1 rms, but I'm not sure when I'll start STS anyway. I want to wait until I run the Half marathon and then 3 weeks later we are going out of town. I got the notice that it will be delivered on Friday!:D

Have a good day girls! Great job with the pull ups!:eek:

thursday

good morning

today will be 4ds kickbox cardio only.

marcy~ glad you will be doing santa monica with me tomorrow:)

gin~ i hope you are feeling better and you enjoyed your snow day!

have a good day!

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I didn't check in here yesterday. Yesterday I did my pullups, Firepower (1 alarm), the first 5 blasts only of IMAX 3 (got through 2 and 5 without a problem, 4 was a disaster, 1 and 3 not too bad). Finished with IMAX 3 stretch.

Today I did CIA 2803 - Deidre Morris' Tap Less, Sweat More. I did the warmup, Combos 1, 2 and part of 3 and the cooldown. This one is really complex. I only did it one another time. It was a little easier today but it's still quite a challenge. The music is really good on this one.

Then I wanted to do Mark Blanchard's Core but the DVD got stuck in the player. It wouldn't get past the copyright warning. It wouldn't eject. So DH took the whole DVD player apart. Finally got the DVD out. Tried it again and same thing happened. I'm going to have to get a replacement disk. It's wierd because I used the same DVD for hip openers on Tuesday and it worked fine. At least I got some cardio in.

Gin - Sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you feel well enough later to work out and get your 1RMs done. Sorry about CTX. I've had lots of problems when I tried to buy David Swenson's ashtanga yoga book. I don't know if it was the same person with different screen names or not, but I had to file a dispute resolution three times with paypal. At least each time I got a refund.

I hope STS works out for you. I heard the pilates portion on Ab Circuits was really good. Got someone real sore (in a good way!) I heard Plyo Legs was really good too. I can't wait to hear how you like it.

Deanie - Can't wait to do the rest of Santa Monica tomorrow.

Have a great day!

Marcy

TGIF

Good Morning

Today was Santa Monica with ropes--- in a word: grueling!!!!!

Marcy~ How were the last few rounds? did you add on Newport and pullups? I'm going to do my pullups tomorrow- if I can move!;) weird about your dvd yesterday. I hope you can get a replacement and your dvd player works today.

Gin~ What did you do today? How far are you running now?

Have a great friday everyone!

Good Afternoon!

I did my pullups, Rounds 5-8 of Santa Monica and All Interval premix of Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Xtreme.

I thought the first half of Santa Monica was harder than the 2nd half.

Deanie - I was running out of time so I skipped Round 8 of Newport.

Gin - Have you previewed any of STS yet? Are you feeling better?

Have a great weekend!

Marcy

Hi Girls!

I have not been checking in much because I have not felt well and only did 3 days of exercise this week (Sun-yoga, Tues-run and Thurs-1rms) I think I'll try Curcuit Zone today so I can send it back.
I have good news and bad news. The good news is that STS was sitting on my porch when I came home yesterday. The bad news is that I am now scheduled for a hysterctomy on Wednesday, so I won't be able to use STS for 6 weeks and I won't be able to run the Half marathon I've been training for!:( Bummer! But, hopefully I'll feel better afterwards.

Deanie~Are you sore after your gruelling kb workouts? What are you doing this weekend?

Marcy~Is your dvd player working okay? Or was it just the dvd itself? I have only previewed dics 1 of STS, but it looks great. Cathe has reallly outdone herself this time. I did notice a TON of pushups on the 1st disc though!!:eek: Did you order Ab Circuit?

Have a great weekend!

Good Afternoon

I did the following workout today:

Sets of 21-15-9 for time
Burpees
Kettlebell Swing - heavy
Box Jump – 20”
* Run up and down one flight of stairs between each exercise

I used a 35#kb
I used a 16" step for the box jumps and my time was 14min. 43 seconds.

then I did my pullups: 1 regular, 4 neg.
then I did 3 TGUs on each side using a 30#kb

A great wrokout

Gin~ I hope all is okay with your hysterectomy. Is this something new or did you know about it? I'm sorry you won't be running your race- you were really training hard for that:( I am glad you got STS and it looks like you enjoyed/will be enjoying it!

Marcy~ Did you workout today? I am so excited to start ETK!!

have a great weekend gals

superbowl sunday

Good Morning

today is a rest day for me.
Both boys invited friends over for a super bowl party today!
What are you all doing?

Have a great day!

Monday

Good Morning

Today was day one of ETK. I used my 35# bell and added a pyramid style of pullups/pushups at the end. 35#kb is hard and I got a good workout.

Gin~ Are you able to workout or do you have to take it easy before and after the surgery?

Marcy~ How'd you do today?

Have a great day gals

Good Afternoon!

Saturday - 4 hours of waltz and cha cha technique. Back was sore from waltz and she did some exercises before cha cha that really fried the shoulders.

Sunday - Did pullup challenge: 1&3/4, 1&3/4, 1, 1&3/4, negative (slow 6 count going down.)

Monday - 1st day of ETK. Great workout in 22 minutes! Definitely a great cardio workout.

I also did Pure Barre. My whole upper body was sore this morning and had to take some painkillers.

Gin - So sorry to hear about your surgery and that you won't be able to run your marathon. I know how hard you've been working for it. At least you'll be able to get fully familiar with STS before you try it. Let me know if you liked Circuit Zone. I didn't order Ab Circuits yet. We just had to get a new computer so my CC is smoking a bit right now! From the reviews I read, it sounds like a woman's P90X. Most of the reviews have been pretty positive with the exception that the workout moves very quickly and you barely have enough time to record your stats and set up equipment. Better to set up beforehand. Did you get a pullup bar? I think it was just the DVD because my other DVDs work fine. I'd still like to try the DVD again because it did work last Tuesday so I don't understand it. If not, I'll try and get a replacement. I need to test out one other DVD in that series just in case I need more than one replacement.

Deanie - Very impressive with 35#:p

Have a great day!

Marcy

Hi Girls!

I did do Circuit Zone on Saturday and then Ab Circuit with the med ball from STS and the STS stretch. I thought CZ was good, but a lot of leg work. In fact, I didn't think it was a very balanced total body workout. Not much bicep work. My legs were sore yesterday.
No workout yesterday today I just decided to do Classical Stretch. Someone told me not to work out too hard before the surgery, but that I needed to be well rested.
I will be home from work and not able to drive for 2 weeks. And then I can only walk ( no other cardio and no heavy lifting) for 6 weeks.:(

Deanie~I have had some problems off and on for a few years and have considered the surgery, but last week was a bad week and I just decided that it was time. Great workouts, as usual.:)

Marcy~I am not able to give a good assessment of STS from just watching it. I can tell you that they all looked quite ripped!
No, I don't have a pullup bar. Not sure where I would put it.
Four hours of dancing? Wow! How many calories did that burn?!?!:eek:

Take care girls!:D

Good Afternoon!

Did ETK warmup and 5 minutes of Turkish Getups. Also Great NRG premix of Amy's Advanced Step Challenge 2. I love doing premixes now. They fit in perfectly with my schedule.

Gin - I just wanted to wish you good luck on your surgery tomorrow. I hope all goes well and that you have a speedy recovery.

I don't know how many calories I burn dancing ballroom. I did wear my HR monitor once during line dancing and I burned 1000 calories for about 3 hours of dancing. Because it's a workshop and not an actual dance, I'm not burning as much but I really learned a lot. Sorry you didn't enjoy Circuit Zone more. I agree it's a lot of work for the legs and unbalanced for the biceps. When you are able to work out again, you should try renting Hard Work Conditioning or Hard Work Conditioning 2 from Patrick Goudeau. I have the first one and love it (think it's better and more well rounded than Circuit Zone). He does a lot of compound and balance moves. Basic choreography. I don't think I've read a bad review about either of them.

Have you measured your doorways for a pull-up bar. Where do you work out?

Hi Deanie!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.