***Kettlebellers Tue. June 23***

Hey all! Just getting us started this morning. :)

SIM with legs today; I ended up not being able to do anything y'day because of hormonal stuff: headache, bloating, weariness (thank you so much Aunt Flo!) so I got it done first thing this morning. I will be back later with deets (my daughter tells me that's "details"). :)

Missy

Hi Everyone!

Today I'm doing a workout from Crossfit Jersey Shore. This one should be fun outside in the heat! ;)

Kettlebell Strength Circuit

5 rounds of 40 seconds work 20 seconds rest

• Renegade rows
  • Walking swing
  • see saw press
  • Plank
  • Walking lunge
  • Aunt Cindy

Missy ~ I'm glad you feel better today!

Rhonda ~ My swimming buddy is up to 20 laps! I'm so proud of her. My mom is afraid I'm going to hurt myself. I'm not sure I'm up to 200 laps. All I know is that I need some swim goggles if she keeps this up.

Wavin' hello to Gayle, Marcy and Andilynn! Thinking about Deanie and hope she's having a fun time in Florida!

Today was a Cathe day. I did warmup and upper body work from Body Max 2 and about 25 minutes from 4DS kickbox.

Upper Body:
Double Arm Row - 10#
Lying Overhead Extensions - 20# KB
Seated Flies - 8#
Decline Pushups on ball - did all
Wide stance pushups - did all
Chest Flies - 13#
Military Press - 1st set of 8 - 13#; 2 sets of 4 with 10#
Arm Circles and Lat Raise - 5#
Hammer Curls - 13#
Incline Traditional Curl - 13#
1-legged tricep dips
Overhead Extension - 13#
Double Arm Kickbacks, with twist at top and pulses - 5#

Jane - You've created a monster! Looks like a fun workout today. Off to check out Aunt Cindy.

Farmer - Sounds like a great KM class!

Missy - You're really learning a lot from DD!:)

Deanie - Thinking about you and hoping you're having a great time in FL!

Waves to Andilynn and Gayle!

Marcy

Hi Ladies

Marcy I also did bodymax 2 today but the Cardio Timesaver workout. Love the kettlebell strength workout Jane, I've printed it out and may give it a go tomorrow. Sorry to hear you're not well today Missy, hoping the pain eases off abit soon.

Its really warm here in the UK today. We're not used to it. Nice weather for wimbledon though.

I had to come home early from work as I felt a bit nauseous. I haven't eaten much today and I've running about a bit doing chores. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. I'm off to do a bit of Maths now (I'm studying for my A level Maths at the moment) just as a hobby. I do love Maths.

Anyway have a wonderful day and I hope the weathers good at your end.

Just wanted to thank Gayle for the virtual ginger and chicken soup. Also I noticed Gayle you're a boxer lover. I'm also a dog lover. I have a golden retriever called Ollie (named after Oliver Reed) and a Springer called Pippa. I walk my dogs with a lady who has a boxer called Thomas. He's a real cutie. Can't beat dogs can you?

Also I've just done Eoin Finn Pure & Simple Yoga. I really must work on my flexibility, I've been so tight lately.

Take care

Laura
x

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Jane - THANK YOU! I had seen Aunt Cindy's on CFJS WODs before, but couldn't find an explanation of them. Looks like a fun WOD today! LOL about your swim buddy. I think that's awesome...that she's improving so quickly, not that you may need to swim the English Channel to keep your end of the challenge. ;):D

Marcy - Nice workout today! :)

Missy - Glad you're feeling better today.

Rhonda - Sounds like a really fun class! I wasn't outside when the bear showed up (I saw it from inside), but DH and Rascal were. I wasn't too worried since it was one bear by himself. They usually will hightail it when they see a person. If it had been a Mama bear with cubs, I would have been more concerned as they can be pretty protective.

Laura - Hope you feel better. I'll forward on the virtual ginger and chicken soup that Rhonda sent me last week. :)

Waves hello to Andilynn, and hopes Deanie is having fun in Florida! :)

Last night I did front squats, 3x5 at 88lbs. Then did:
3 Rounds
10x Deadlift @ 135lbs
20x Bench jumps @ 18"

I don't know what I'll do tonight.

Have a great day!

Hi all. I think I am coming down with Plane Plague aka the sickness you get from being on airplanes around germy people. I am going to do a stretch segment and then go to my counseling class tonite.

Missy- If I could choke Aunt Flo, I would. If it weren't for Eve, we wouldn't be going through this. Hope you feel better soon.

Jane- If you keep this up you will need more than goggles, you are gonna need some gills and scales. Hope you enjoyed your crossfit. Stay hydrated.

Marcy- How was reuniting with Cathe? Have you done her recently?

Laura- Hope you feel better also. Math classes as a hobby? I am inspired. Going off to make sure I remember how to add 2 +2 :).

Gayle- Have a great workout. All this talk about dogs is making me want one.

Waves to Andilynn and hope Deanie is having fun.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.