***Kettlebell * Manic Monday***

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!! Ours was very busy, but fun!!

Here's my workout for today:
Kick butt Kelly: from crossfit 603

Monday, 8 June 2009

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Buy-in

• 30 KB swings
  • 20 KB push-presses (10L/10R)*
  • 10 broad jumps
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]*Thus satisfying our “This is What We Do For Abs” quota for the day.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]603 WOD

• Kelly
  • 5 rounds for time**
  • 400m run
  • 30 box jump (24”)
  • 30 wall ball shots (20#/14# ball)
Don’t have a medicine ball? Sub dumbbell thrusters, using 20/15# dumbbells. (Ick.)
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

comments:
buy in:
45#kb swings
35#kb push presses

WOD:
treadmill set at 7.6
20" box for jumps
subed thrusters (ick!) 15#dumbells - last round 10 with 10#dbs
**only did 4 rounds, could not do another!!(well maybe run and box jump, but no way another round of thrusters!!:p)
the run and box jumps were easy, the thrusters are what killed me!!!
time: 27:37

WOW what a workout, half way thru was wondering what about this sounded good!!!LOL:eek: I have decided I officially really don't like thrusters (sorry Jane;)) but the 15#db was easier than the 45#barbell. Plus, I lost most of my time during the thrusters.... I needed to take a break after every 8 or 9 or 10 or 5!!... you get the picture!!:eek::confused:

Waves to everyone!! This is my last week of school!! Yippee!!
BBL to chat!

Have a great Monday!!

Good Morning,

I didn't check in yesterday but I did go for a 5-6 mile run. I don't remember the distance because I took a different route than usual. Then I came home and crashed.

Tonight is a rest day but I think I'm going swimming after work. Monday is the day that I help "train" a couple of friends so we are doing a pool workout tonight. I will probably join in.

Deanie ~ How was the Mets game? As a Cub fan, I don't know if I should be talking to you. LOL!! We Cub fans have held a rivalry with the Mets since 1969 but I will make an exception for you! ;)

I really liked the workout you did today. It's ok that you don't like thrusters. The only reason I like them is because they work multiple body parts and I feel strong doing them. I secretly hate them like I do Renegade Manmakers. (If that makes sense). You need to get yourself a med ball. I would have subbed slam ball for the wall balls.

Waves hello to everyone else. Have a great Monday!!! :)

Hey Jane! The Mets game was great! they won 6-0 (I think, or maybe 7-0!!) anyway, thanks for making an exception for me!:) I was wondering how many body parts the thrusters work! I really felt it in my abs today (along with glutes and shoulders/lats) I only did them today because that's what was the suggested sub, however I am going to mark down your sub for a slam ball/med ball (which I have a 8# one) for next time.....OMG!! did I just say next time!!???:eek: Have fun swimming and training your friends!! :)

Good morning!

Sorry I've been MIA this weekend. I did a lot this weekend, but didn't get any workouts in.

Deanie - The Mets game sounds like a it was a lot of fun! Great job on the thruster/run WOD and great workout today! Thrusters are really a killer exercise. FWIW, wall ball shots really aren't any better.

Jane - Sounds like a fun race on Saturday. You're a sweetie for encouraging the wheelchair guy. Have a great swim tonight!

Andilynn - Good workouts this weekend! I think 90 minutes of Body Max 2 is a perfectly suitable penance for a fish fry. :D

Waves hello to Rhonda, Missy and Marcy!

I was going to go to the gym tonight, but I think I may give "Kick butt Kelly" a go. The weather is supposed to be nice today, and crappy tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone!

Sorry

Hey guys, sorry I've been MIA... I got totally caught up in the Twilight world. I read Twilight over a year ago, and couldn't make myself read the rest of the books because I knew that I would be totally dead to the world while reading but after I saw the trailer for New Moon I couldn't take it anymore - I read New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn since Wed. afternoon, finished yesterday afternoon and really haven't done much else. DH brought me food a few times, and the kids were happily playing video games w/o someone nagging them telling them to find something active to do. :p All in all, I think we survived it, but I am going through withdrawal, serious withdrawal. I had to run to the grocery this morning because I realized we didn't have any food, but when I checked out the kids they didn't look any thinner so I think everyone is okay, haha.

Today I am not sure what to do. I will probably do a running, pull-up, push-up circuit. I'll post when I figure it out. :)

Have a great day, all!!!

Missy

Well, Today is a rest day for me so I think I'll get out and finish was the outside of the house if the rain holds off, it keeps changing from clouds to sunshine every few minutes so I hope the weather makes it mind up soon! Also today is the first day of the summer semester so all my free time will be disappearing(bummer) but I'm off of work for one more week so maybe I can get ahead on my paper writing!

Deanie- That sounds like a tough workout way to go! I'm such a klutz I'm scared of the box jumps.

Missy-Glad your enjoying the Twilight series, I have not read them but I've been dying to read the books behind the True Blood series on HBO and I loved all of Ann Rice's vampire chonicles so I'm sure Iwould be hooked if I started!

Gayle- Your weather sounds like ours I think after today it's supposed to rain for four days, yuck!

Jane-Enjoy your swim!

Waves to all!:)

Hey guys, sorry I've been MIA... I got totally caught up in the Twilight world. I read Twilight over a year ago, and couldn't make myself read the rest of the books because I knew that I would be totally dead to the world while reading but after I saw the trailer for New Moon I couldn't take it anymore - I read New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn since Wed. afternoon, finished yesterday afternoon and really haven't done much else. DH brought me food a few times, and the kids were happily playing video games w/o someone nagging them telling them to find something active to do. :p All in all, I think we survived it, but I am going through withdrawal, serious withdrawal. I had to run to the grocery this morning because I realized we didn't have any food, but when I checked out the kids they didn't look any thinner so I think everyone is okay, haha.

Today I am not sure what to do. I will probably do a running, pull-up, push-up circuit. I'll post when I figure it out. :)

Have a great day, all!!!

Missy

Missy,

I read the Twilight series so I understand completely. I wasn't going to read them but my sisters and BIL read them so I finally gave in. I saw the movie only after I read the books. I didn't want the actors to screw up my image of the characters. I would read them during lunch at work and I'd get so engrossed that I'd take a 2 hour lunch. I finally had to have the receptionist call me after a hour so I could get back to work (even though I wanted to keep reading).

Hi again!

Gayle::: I hope you have fun kickin' Kelly's butt!!;)!! ....try not to kick my butt too much with your time!!**ha ha**!;):p

Missy::: I read the Twilight series also. I liked it, but not as much as most people. I read the Anne Rice Lestat Vampire series, and I really liked it!! and I started reading the vampire books the hbo show is based on, but didn't really like it. I think I am a puriest-- Anne rice books were first, and that's how I think of Vampires!:eek:

Andilynn::: Enjoy your rest day. How many semesters do you have left before you get your degree?

waves to Rhonda, Marcy and Jane!!

Good Afternoon!

I was kind of stiff this weekend so I decided to do Power Yoga for Happiness 2 (the full practice - 85 minutes). This has a tough standing series but no inversions except for a shoulderstand. I managed to do side crow for a few seconds on each side.

Deanie - Great workout! Like Jane, I guess I shouldn't be talking to you since I'm still a Yankees fan (even though I'm down in GA now). LOL! Glad you enjoyed the game.

Andilynn - I hope you get to enjoy your week off.

Jane - Enjoy your swim!

Waves to Gayle, Missy and Rhonda!

Marcy

Hi everyone

I did my new Classical Stretch this weekend. The 09' season so far is more difficult than the 07' season. I also ordered the Essentric stretching for athletes (hard).

Today I did a segment of CS and Core Rhythm Salsa Blast (pretty fun and I burned almost 300 calories).

Question- How do you incorporate the running segments in the Crossfit workout? Do you run around the neighborhood, come back jump on a box, bounce a ball and then go run? Help me out :).

Deanie- That was a heck of a workout you did. I dislike thrusters as well. I felt like I was going to dislocate something when I did them.

Marcy- Thanks for enabling. So far, I like Core Rhythms. Did I tell you I tried to do one of your bird poses ( pigeon, vulture, crow, seagull) IDK. Man I almost tumbled over into the cabinet. I will stick to eating birds not posing like them.

Jane-Enjoy your rest day.

Missy- Sounds like you had an enjoyable time reading. I get engrossed like that. I have to make myself stop.

Gayle- Have fun with Kelly.

Andilynn- What are you taking this semester?

Last edited:
Question- How do you incorporate the running segments in the Crossfit workout? Do you run around the neighborhood, come back jump on a box, bounce a ball and then go run? Help me out :).

Sometimes I will go to the track to do running Crossfit workouts if it doesn't involve lots of equipment. I do all my Crossfit workouts outside so I will usually run around the block and then come back and use whatever equipment I need. I've measured the distance for 200m and 400m so I know how far to go.

Sometimes I will go to the track to do running Crossfit workouts if it doesn't involve lots of equipment. I do all my Crossfit workouts outside so I will usually run around the block and then come back and use whatever equipment I need. I've measured the distance for 200m and 400m so I know how far to go.

Thanks Jane. I was practicing bear crawls in the back yard and and DH was looking at me like I had lost my marbles.

Semi stupid question. How did you measure out the meters. Did you measure out mileage and then convert it?

Hey Rhonda,

for crossfit running, I converted the meters to miles and run on the treadmill. I have been thinking of running outside, driving my car around the block and seeing how far that is.....

Thanks Jane. I was practicing bear crawls in the back yard and and DH was looking at me like I had lost my marbles.

Semi stupid question. How did you measure out the meters. Did you measure out mileage and then convert it?

Yes, I measure out the mileage and convert.

LOL..about the bear crawls. My sister and I did a workout where we ran down the street with med balls. We got a couple of strange looks. :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.