***JAN 09***Friday, 1/16 Check-In***

Boingo1

Cathlete
Getting the ball rollin this morning! (where's our early bird, Vilma! Miss ya, you!)
orjnfq.gif

Had a rough morning here .... and I'm just sitting to have my 2nd cup of coffee

kaffeetrinker_2.gif

PLB is on for today, and I'm really trying to psych myself up for it!
gigglesmile.gif

Good morning!!

Chris, isn't there a song in 4DS about "awww, c'mon and do it, do it" ? Well, do it (PLB)! :)

I wanted to ask you.... are you doing less cardio this month with FF's rotation? And if so, how is your body responding? That Dec. rotation with less cardio and more weights was so great for me. I feel like I've shifted the balance too far to cardio again this month. I did CLX BC3 this morning -- shoulders & calves, basically. I don't really like how she works the calves because it's always in conjunction with a squat or sumo squat, and, well, it just doesn't work very well for me. Someone said they were going to the calf work separately and I thought I would too, but darn it's hard for me to not do something they are doing on the screen!

I am glad it's Friday! This afternoon I will have four boys here playing (my two and two friends) -- yikes! :eek:
Tomorrow I'm taking my boys to a women's college basketball game and then our friends from SF with the "new" baby are coming for dinner. I have to keep reminding myself Monday is a holiday because we have nothing special planned.

Have a great Friday!! OSIF!

-Beth

Hi ladies! Vilma, how are ya? I don't think you've checked for a couple days.

Chris, I bet you are doing PLB right now, right? ;) Does FF have you do it twice?? Now, that would be brutal!

Beth, now I have that song in my head! I think it's in LIS. I did BC3 today. I didn't feel the calf work in my calves, mostly in other parts of my leg. At least not like I feel it when Cathe does calf work. But, my calves are my body part I worry the least about, so I don't worry about working them. Are you adding extra cardio? I was thinking today actually that I wanted to add more, maybe in the afternoon on a weights day. I'm planning to do a cardio between BC1 and BC2 where she has you take a rest day next week like I did last week.

Kids are off again today for extreme weather. 17 below. Supposed to have a heat wave this weekend, all the way to 20!!

Feeling kind of blah today...don't know why. Maybe the weather.

Have a great day all!

Joanne

Hey Beth!

I DID just finish "doing it"!
4fvfcja.gif
I know that song! Isn't it when you do the Hip Hop move?

So yeah, I did PLB. I didn't push it with the weight work, one of my hamstrings is kind of tight still (pulled?) from last Friday's lower body. So I didn't PUSh it, but i still felt it. The floorwork is tough on that damn ball, though! But I think GS is worse. Oddly enough, I felt the 1-legged lifts on the ball in my CORE! I guess I worked it pretty good yesterday.

Beth: There is a little more cardio in FF's JAN rotation. But just a little. She has ALL body types doing the same thing. It's an 45 mins or 60 minutes of cardio every other day (3 times a week). I think I know what you mean about calf work done with other work. 4 Boys , God bless you! It is OSIF here , BUT, hubby was off last night, so we're planning on going to see a movie (Mall Cop.. the boys' pick), after school today. Guess I'll be having Popcorn and Dots for supper tonight! :p

Joanne: Thanks for the info on Step Boxing, I'll go to collage and check it out! On the "BO" issue, funny thing is my 9 yr old gets WICKED stinky if he doesn't use deoderant, but my 13 year old is JUST getting that way. Stinky boys!!! Nice for the kids to have the such a long stretch off! (not so nice for you and DH). My 9 yr old's class had "Pajama Day" today for a treat. Ummm...who's idea was this? Alex had to wait at the busstop in sub-zero weather wearing his PJs!! Thankfully, he wore his robe!..... No, PLB was only once! Holy crap, i wouldn't be able to walk tomorrow if it was twice! LOL! ... Sorry you're feeling "blah". You should rent a few good movies and make popcorn and snuggle with the kids (and pooch!) tonight!

Hottie: that is CRAZY stuff with your power! How nice of you to tell DH to stay at work! ... And, yeah, why did it end up being just you? The gym classes sound good and a nice mix with home workouts. Hmmmmm...on the straddle ups, I wonder if putting the bench UP to 8 inches would make it easier? On the weight gain, Gosh, it happens to the best of us. We just lose touch, I guess. If you haven't, you should get the Oprah January Magazine issue. It's really enlightening to *me* and she talks alot about falling off the wagon, etc.

Kathy: Ahhhhh on missing the baby! Maybe you could have one of your own soon ;) DM is a TOUGHIE, sweatfilled workout! Good for you! Whatcha doing today?

So hubby just came home with a new 32 in HD TV for our bedroom! He got a wicked deal at Best Buy because someone at work knew the manager. He got a Sony HD TV for $400!! (usually $1000!!) :eek:

Good morning guys!

Well, a couple things. That muscle conditioning class was hardly the class I expected. the first 30 minutes were step (non-complicated) and followed by super light dumbbell work followed by some core work. As I told DH, its not that it was a bad class, just not the one I was expecting. Unfortunately, I realized too late that maybe I shouldn't have done some of the squats because my quads started hurting again. So no 4DS kickbox for me last night and the pain is slightly shifted in my upper thighs today but I'm hopeful it will be better by later tonight for a workout. If not, I'll take it easy so I can go crazy this weekend because....I couldnt' stop eating last night! I've been trying to cook more and eat less processed foods but the problem with that is that I have a harder time with portion control. Last night we had a salmon-sweet potato-ricotta quiche. MMMMMMM. Couldn't stop. Even though I was full. Ack! I'll try to get back on the horse today though. I have the yoga class at 12 so hopefully it'll do me more good than harm.

Chris -- OSIF! have fun with PLB. Hey do you know that my husband never refers to you as Chris but as Boingo? He knows that's your name, but he was saying last night to motivate me with working out and eating better that I could look like "boingo" if I really wanted to (I showed him the QVC pics).

Beth -- sounds like you have a busy weekend! My mother used to say that whenever I brought some male friends over (though I guess near college age) she's have to cook double because she always underestimated how much boys could eat. New babies are so cute!

Joanne -- hmm...17 below...i'm getting a high of over 80. It's just not right. I feel blah too but I'm looking forward to DH having a three day weekend because of MLK. I have to come in for some stuff here and there but I'm excited to maximize more time with him.

BBL...

Chris -- sweet deal on the TV! Is it 720p or 1080p? I don't know if you already do this but if you have a netflix account you can stream movies/tv shows directly to your xbox 360. i tried it yesterday. I have issues with the resolution but it was pretty nice for some shows.

Oh my gosh Joanne! 17 below?! Oh my gosh. I don't think I would survive.

Well, you know how Chalean has two rest days? I'm only taking one, so yes, adding cardio (kettlebell swinging, for me) in on that day. But I'm not doing any extra on the weight days!! I think I'm going to do imax 2 tomorrow and really looking forward to it!

Chris, crazy about pajama day! Those poor kids. I guess they don't make them go outside for recess, eh? Boy, we have things so different here -- our kids eat outside every day unless it's raining or the yellow jacket situation is out of control! Enjoy your movie tonight -- great deal on that tv!!

Hottie, that quiche sounds really good!

Hey you guys.... I want your advice here...... I have a niece who is a junior in high school and very overweight. She and her friends are on some sort of "kick" to be healthier. I heard all of this through my mom, and my mom passed on the reasonablediet.com podcast info to her that was from me, so Rachel (the niece) sent me some email thanking me. I'd really love to help inspire her, but I don't want to be pushy. I was listening to the CLX audio cd again and thought that it might help her. Do you think if I sent it to her she would be offended or would she feel like I was putting pressure on her? I know that she needs to want to do this herself, but if she is in that space of wanting to do it, I would really like to help her. So far she hasn't said much to me, so I'm not sure how much to push it. Any ideas?

-Beth

Hiya Gals

I'm just getting up ... ah yeah don't be shocked cuz I'm on a slew of meds. They make me drowsy/dizzy :mad:

I was feeling really sick and waking up at night feeling as if I was needing to piss out shards of glass plus overall feeling ick with nausea too.

Went to the doctor finally after DH's insistance once I took my kids to school.

Remember my migraine? Well I did have a migraine but it was hiding a sinus infection, along w/ a UTI too along with a cold if I had fever doc said I could have been dealing with flu symptoms ehh whatever.

I'm hoping the antibiotics helps.

Just wanted to say Hey! Not sure if I'll be around much as long as I feel sick I'll be laying low. Hey according to my doctor I've dropped 5 pounds since Monday.

This has really put me off on my workouts and I was hoping to get in a little something but my plans are squashed until I can actually stand up without feeling I need to pee glass. Sorry TMI.

Take Care , be well and I'll be around once I feel better.

Oh, (((Vilma))), that all just sounds horrible!! You need the rest and the meds. Sounds like lots of rest and giving your body a chance to heal is the best thing for you right now.

Well, DH took the kids down to the Boat Show today. I was worried about them...but they did need to get out of the house! It's downtown and I'm a worrywart - worrying about how far they'll have to park and walk in the cold or that the car will break down on the highway. But, they called from inside the show and are fine. DH had a doctor's appt. this morning and found out he has high blood pressure. :( Not good. The doctor put him on meds for it. I didn't get much more info since he was on the cell at the show. I know he needs to take better care of himself.

The temp is up to 1 below now! How crazy that I was thinking wow, 17 degrees warmer, it should be bearable!

Beth, that's what I'm doing, too. Doing cardio on that extra rest day. I think it would be absolutely fine for you to offer the CD to your niece. It would be different if she hadn't said anything about trying to get healthy or wasn't doing anything about it. If you just gave it to her out of the blue it might seem awkward, like you were trying to hint she needed to lose weight. But, she'd probably appreciate it.

Chris, awesome deal on the TV! I knew you'd get that workout in! Yea, that's crazy about pajama day. It'd be better late in the year when it warms up. My kids wouldn't know what to do with PJ day - Ian and Colin sleep in only their underwear! OK, they'd kill me if they knew I was telling that to the world!

Hottie, mmmm, that quiche sounds yummy! Did you make it? Enjoy your extra time with hubby this weekend!

This day is dragging...but then again, I don't want to go back out in the cold to go home!

Joanne

HI ladies..

Checking in today with Butts & gutts...Not much else going on. Took Lauren to her book club and went to Costco and spent lots of money. we got Turbotax and a DVD/VHA combo machine. Now we can put our kids' baby movies on DVD. That will be a project!!

Chris: NO, I don't think we are up to starting over with another baby!! I sometimes (sometimes) think it would be nice though..I am doing the pyramids this week too. Tomorrow is PUB...

So funny.... you guys are making me long for the pyramids...... :D

Vilma! You poor thing! I don't know if you'll even see this, but hugs to you -- hope you feel better!!

Joanne, thanks for your take on the clx audio cd -- I think I will see if she wants it.

I'm surviving the playdate so far!

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.