***Geting Back in the Game*** 3/13

Miss Lee

Cathlete
Good morning gamesters!!

Sorry I bailed on you yesterday. I was out most of the day but I DID get my workout done BEFORE dinner!! I'm so proud of me :D. I was supposed to do Cardio Coach Vol 2 but I ended up doing V1 by accident. I thought I selected V2 on my iPod and I didn't realize until part way through the first challenge that I was doing V1 :confused:. Oh well -- I actually worked it hard and got a GREAT workout!

Today is STS Disc 3 - legs :eek:. Did I tell you guys that the DVD player in my workout room died Wednesday right after -- I mean LITERALLY right after -- my STS workout? I had to go out and buy a new DVD player yesterday. I found a nice Toshiba for $99 at Best Buy and DH hooked it up for me last night. :D

I have a hair appointment this morning in about 30 minutes for a deskunking :eek:. I might tip her with a CC download instead of cash. She just bought an exercise bike and I think she might appreciate a good workout! What 'cha think? The prices are SO low right now and I like to give Sean the business.

I promise to come back later for personals -- I'm still in my jammies and I need to get going! Have a great day and a great workout! I'll see you later! :) :*

Last edited:
Michele - Deskunked? I guess I missed something.

I did Squeeze arms and pushups last night while DH watched Ella. It is only 3 lbs weights but it kills me and I can never finish all the exercises. So I think I figured out how I am going to do my workout schedule. 3x a week, DH will watch Ella for 20-30 min when he gets home from work (he gets home at 7 and Ella goes to bed and I start making dinner at 7:30 so I don't have longer than 30 min). Then on the weekends I will get 1-2 longer workouts in. I will also add in runs with Ella when the weather is nice.

Tonight I probably won't be doing anything b/c we are heading to the rodeo right when I get home from work. And I will be eating bad rodeo food and drinking beer! Its my cheat day though, I ate good all week. The inlaws are keeping Ella until Sunday at lunch, so it should be a fun weekend of SLEEPING IN! Something we never get to do. I seriously think I need to sleep 12 hrs at night and take naps during the day while Ella is gone to catch up on sleep.

TGIF ladies!!!

Michele ~ good job on your CC workout. Enjoy doing STS 3 today! Happy de-skunking!!!

Diane ~ your workout plan sounds very doable. Good luck with it. Enjoy your weekend. I've only gone to small rodeos here in Pa, which I'm sure are nothing like the ones in Tx. Have fun! I so know what you mean about the lack of sleep. I always want to sleep in on the weekends and the kids always get up early.

Robin ~ I'm so sorry to hear that your mom fell. It is a good thing that your sister is closeby. Will you be making a trip up to see her? What's on your agenda for the weekend?

Hi Mary & Jodi ~ what are you gals up to today?

Last night I did not workout. I was supposed to do STS 11 but I was just exhausted. Every month, when I'm PMSing, I get so tired. I was showered and asleep by 8:30. We had a houseguest last night so I didn't feel bad leaving DH and the kids downstairs while I went to sleep. Ha!! So now I need to make up that workout. And tomorrow is STS legs.

Have a great weekend all!

Hi everyone! Sorry I was AWOL yesterday. I didn't work out. I had really bad DOMS from the boot camp on Monday, in unusual places for me: my upper back and the front/side of my shins. Back is much better today, but now my calves are sore. I wonder what I did to cause that. And no DOMS at all in my biceps or chest, which are my usual places. So maybe it's good I'm taking the class...it will work parts of me that I don't usually work!

Mary - I rarely do the abs for PUB. I either do them first, before my arms are fried, or I skip 'em altogether. Who can do a pike on the ball when your arms are like jello?? Like Robin, PUB is one of my favorite weight workouts.

Diane - have fun at the rodeo!! I was a big Clint Black fan in the mid 90s. I haven't listened to him much lately, but I'm sure the concert will be great! It's great to have some "alone time" without the little one. DH and I are going Cajun dancing tomorrow night. We learned how when we were in college in New Orleans, and we still love it. Enjoy sleeping in and your cheat day! Have fun!

Robin - Sorry to hear about your mom's injury. I hope she heals quickly and with as little discomfort as possible. So sorry that things have been so rough lately! (((hugs))) At least there's Jimmy B. to look forward to!

Michele - Glad you got a new DVD player so your workouts can continue uninterrupted. At least the old one died AFTER the workout, right? (Rather than during!) I'm guessing by de-skunking you mean avoiding a white line down your scalp, right? And not some unpleasant encounter with a small animal? :p

Dana - hope you're feeling more energized today. Will you have a houseguest all weekend?

I think I will do 4ds kickbox today, probably just the cardio and abs. We'll see...often when I decide in advance, I get down to the workout room and end up picking whatever strikes my fancy. Might be something completely different!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Hi :)

Good Morning and Happy Friday!

I did LIC cardio only + abs. It felt good - it has lots of use of your arms and my upper body is pretty sore from PUB yesterday. Maybe it will help.
I think PUB is my favorite upper body weight w/out also.

Michele - STS must be hard -- it broke your DVD player! LOL :D:p I am glad you were able to get another one so quick. Have fun getting "deskunked"!

Diane - that sounds like a good schedule. It helps to have a schedule in mind, even if it doesn't all work out every time. That is great that your DH is helping to make it happen. I wanted to tell you, when you watch the Sherwood movies (Fireproof, Facing the Giants and Flywheel) it is imperative that you watch All the special features and behind the scenes thingys. They are great and some are Hilarous!!!! :D Have a nice weekend w/out your Ella - sleep as much as you can or at least try and relax.

Jodi - I am the same with my workouts. I think about it in advance, but when I get to the garage, look over the DVDs and change my mind. I almost did 4DS KB this morning!

Robin - My goodness, things are just coming at you! Sorry to hear about your mom. I will keep her in my prayers and pray for a quick healing. Does she live far away from you?

Dana - Have a great workout today! Going to bed at 8:30 pm sounds wonderful! Sometimes we all get to bed that early around here and DH and I feel almost guilty going to bed so early; like we should be up doing something!

My DD has her piano lesson today. Then we are hosting a bible study meeting at our house. On Saturday we are all going to visit my sister in Portland. Hopefully the weather will be nice and we can get out and walk around. She lives right on a busy street with tons of shops and such. Even DH is coming along! Neato :D:D

See you all Monday, bright and early,

Hi all. I just got done with In the Ring. I love that workout. Especially the med ball intervals.

Michele, I'm glad you got your DVD player replaced right away. DH knows ours needs to be replaced the same day as it gives up the ghost.

Diane, your workout schedule sounds good. You're lucky to have a DH who will watch Ella for you. My DH was pretty good about that too. When he wasn't home and I wanted to go for a run, I'd pay the girl across the street to babysit for an hour. Have fun at the rodeo.

Dana, no, I'm not planning on seeing my mom. Unless she takes a real turm for the worse. I can't afford the air fare, even though it's pretty cheap right now.

Jodi, don't you love DOMS in places you didn't even know you had places?

Mary, thank you for the prayers. No, my mom lives in Washington state and I live in Pennsylvania. She used to live in Vermont, far from both my sister and I. My sister just moved her to WA to be closer to her. Thank goodness!

No plans for the weekend. I have to work.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.