***GET UP AND GO THURSDAY, CHEETAHS!!!***

lederr

Cathlete
i think i finished all my personals last night (for once).

i am not sure yet what workout i will do. i am thinking straight cardio but not sure if it will be a run with grace or step with cathe.

i hope everyone is having a great morning. i'll be back later!

Mornin’, cheetahs! http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_happy-038.gif http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_happy-038.gif http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_happy-038.gif

Not so many personals to catch up with this morning. Did most of ‘em last night. So I’ll post this and then do some schoolwork. Another long day ahead, but break is in sight, and all is good. :) :) :)

Wendy :: I don’t think I was *able* to do that move when I did round 1. *lol* I think she’s got a killer bod, but she looks pretty fierce. Like she could tear Tony limb from limb with her bare hands if she wanted.

Thomasina :: I noticed most of the iTrains I have are hip-hop based, but I like that. The beat’s usually great for workin’ out. Actually, I get *really* pumped working out to my old school rap favorites. But it would be cool if iTrain could let you pick from a couple of different playlists, so different music genres were available for different tastes...Bustin’ a gut over “bosshole.” Clever!! :7 :7 :7 I have no idea what was behind the turkey gobble. I almost felt like I was shopping at LL Bean for a moment. *lol* Oh, I know exactly the workout you mean (Core Synergy for the BOSU). I have eyed up the few BOSU workouts I’ve seen available, so please let us know once the elves deliver the BOSU to your garage how that one is.

Tonight’s plan’ll be a loose one: 4DS back & bi premix and a cardio TBD. Might be working late, so we’ll see how things go. I may ask for my TFH to bark at me if the tank is low. :)

Wishing all of cheetah friends a most excellent Thursday! Rock on!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

Good morning ladies,

wendy- didn't get a chance to answer your ? a couple days ago. i do have the 30 min interval itrain, however i haven't tried it yet so can't say if it's the same as the 60 mins.

cathy- yes, so far i am really liking the TT workouts. basically 3 FB workouts (done in 35-45 mins) and interval cardio (on the other days).

wendi- yep i am kept pretty busy between work, family and working out, etc. i am so excited because i am taking a few days off (from working) the last week of december...woohooo!!

lorie- i am so very, very happy for you. sounds to me like you made the best choice for yourself and it really shows thru your posts. as i read your posts i can see you smiling:D .

christine- i received your card. thanks!!!

today is basically a rest day, however i am going to try to do a couple segments from the flexible warrior 3.0 yoga dvd.

have a wonderful day to all in cheetahville!!:7

Good morning wonderful ladies!

Considering that I haven't run in weeks my legs feel great this morning with only a little minor stiffness in me quads. I'm not sure what I'll do for a workout today...any suggestions? I have to get to work early this morning to beat the snow (forecasting about 10" starting around noon) and get all the beasties ridden before it gets too bad. So, I'll have most of the afternoon to workout. I was thinking maybe 4DS KB/All UB Weights and then tack on some abs?

Lorie - Thank you for the energetic start today! Great workout(s) yesterday. Lovin' the vibes coming off you these days!

Cathy - LMAO!!! Thanks! Would you like the real picture? Red haired and goes between 350 and 400. He used to have a moustache ;-). He doesn't intentionally do the things he does to be difficult. He just doesn't have a life outside of the barn and assumes that no one else does either. I probably won't see him today either with the impending snow and early work day. I certainly don't want him walking in snow and ice. If he takes one bad step he's a goner. I hope your day doesn't get too long and you are able to get home at a reasonable hour, too!

Wendy - Thanks hon! Yup, you heard right. I'm thinking about one in late March (wouldn't be my first choice of date!) that is only a few miles from me. Care to join me }(? It will all depend on if I can get enough running in this winter. We'll see... I definitely want to do one this year, though. You guys have got me itchin'.

Thomasina - :7 :7 :7 !!! You are TOO funny!!! We've had some choice names for him, too, at times. He really is a wonderful, generous person, most of the time, but is caught in such a vicious cycle of depression/stress right now that he's not even aware of what he's been like. I wish he would talk to someone, other than me, because he doesn't want to hear what I have to say. So, how are the legs this morning?

Sunny - Woohoo...a mini vacay!!! I hope you enjoy every minute of it. You deserve it! Enjoy the rest day today.

Well, gotta skidaddle. TTFN!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I’m all out of sorts. I did not do as well yesterday with my eating as I did the day before. I think I’m just going to do some yoga thing morning to see if I can get back on track. Of course, bad eating leads to feeling icky and not motivated. It’s a vicious cycle. I really want to break it now. So, Eion and I will have a date this morning. :p OBGYN appointment went well. I guess with the new vaccine, annual pap smears are now every three years if you are shown not to have that virus. I thought that was pretty cool.

Wendy – enjoy 4DS Legs – that’s a goodie! How do you handle the hunger pangs with lifting? Glad you have coffee!!! I cannot imagine you with out it! I’m enjoying the cards, too!

Thomasina – “I can’t do anyTHING without suffering a desire for food! LOL.” Sounds like the story of my life! We had a high of 50 degrees yesterday. Mornings are around 30. Very unusual for here. Jimmy is definitely a character. All bounce, and go, lots of smarts, but too young to have any common sense. He does the funniest things. Gotta love our canine companions. I’m lol’ing at your description of the rap stuff – I feel the same way.

Lorie – Glad you liked the card – it was from Michigan Aussie Rescue so I figured it was a good deed, too. DD14 and I read your card and just laughed. Thanks! I am not a fan of the OBGYN appointments. I like my doctor – she’s really neat – but it’s still ick… *shudders* but it has to be done… Glad you’re feeling so unburdened! It’s so good to hear!

Cathy – those lights are still blinking. Oh well. :+ Tahoe is a little different from Colorado in that you usually rent a place in a town (any town), then drive to the resorts. There are places to stay at the resorts, but they tend to be pricey. 8th Graders square dancing? That’s too funny. My kids HATED it. Heck, I remember hating it, too!! I can only imagine the giggles you’re getting out of that. :p I’m chuckling over your baby and bridal showers. I agree! Turkey gobbling? Oh my, that’s ah, unique! I think I would simply fall on the floor laughing. I have KCM’s original Step Boxing, which I like. I just wish it were longer.

Sunny – Glad you received my card! Enjoy your rest day. How do you like the Flexible Warrior Yoga DVD? I’ve heard mixed reviews on it. Are you enjoying your Spinervals?

Wendi – Glad you had a good run! 10 inches of snow? At least that gives you a nice free afternoon! Be safe! So you’re getting the bug too – are you looking at a half or a full marathon?

Well, I’m out of tea, so I’d better go get more! I’m so hoping to get back on track! I hate feeling this way! I’m going in to the office, so I’ll have others to keep me on the straight and narrow! Have a great day everyone!

Good morning my wonderful cheetah friends! Sorry this will need to be extra quick this morning. Work is as busy as I had feared this week. Actually it is worse than that, but only 2 more days this week that I need to survive. Thank Goodness!!

I'm still working out every other day. Monday I did PUB on my own during lunch and after the kids went to bed I ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill and did 1 section of Candice Copeland's Core Synergy. Cathy & Wendy - you need to buy this one. :) It is a toughie with the Bosu. Of course, I might not be a good judge because my core is weak, but I only did one section of the three and boy did I have DOMS.

Yesterday during lunch I did B&G Leg & Ab Premix. My body is having wonderful DOMS from this today. Then last night I ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill. Today will be a much needed rest day.

I miss talking with my Cheetahs! Sorry no time for personals. I haven't had a free moment all week and weekend to read up on what is going on around here. In case, I haven't mentioned, thanks to Lorie, Christine, and Susan for the wonderful Christmas cards. Susan your family is beautiful. I hope I didn't miss anyone that has sent me a card. WAVES to all my Cheetah pals!

just jumping in quickly to report this morning's workout. i did step blast and 4DS HIS. it was a great sweatfest!!! :p :p :p

Good morning cheetahs

Lorie...thanks for the cute Doggy X-mas card...:)...white elephant gifts can be a pain as sometimes you end up with junk! Sounds like you got in a great sweaty workout.

Cathy...Well the gift I took to the White elephant was these snowball candles, I think one of my clients might have gotten then for me years ago...I love candles but these were obnoxious. The thing is what is white elephant to one person might not be white elephant to another. I got a Party-Lite candle that was actually nice. I am lucky as the crazy women I work with make it a blast to go to work everyday, we always seem to be laughing...:)..leg wasn't too bad, just hurt a bit the last half mile...Sorry you got elected for the shower thing. I think I am in the same boat as you about showers of any kind...LMAF at the Piddle Pad...:D...sounds like you got in an interesting gobble, workout yesterday...Hope you get in your 4DS premix and cardio today.

Sunny..enjoy your rest day and checking out the yoga DVD.

Wendy...my run was almost pain free, just the last half mile I felt it. The 4DS B&B premix is fun, you do all the biceps but some of the back exercises are not included, good in a time crunch.

Wendi...felt my thigh/hip for just about the last half mile. Way to go running in the rain! Sounds like you had a great day and great dinner with your SO....cool...:)

Judy..good job on the TM run and yogalaties.

Jackie...I actually bought my 5 Disc DVD at Radio Shack, but I think Best Buy and Circuit City has them too, it is a Sony. Good job with the iTread and yoga.

Shelly...That would be fun if you could make the relay in Sept. Maybe we could talk the other Cali cheetahs to come up and make a team!! Looks like you have recovered well with that nice paced run Tues. Hope you had fun decorating...

Christine...great muddy then clean story about Jimmy. Way funny he accidentally went in the pool...I had some bad eating yesterday with chips, I feel like I need about an hour of cardio! Have fun with Eion.

Tomasina...can't wait to see your Picturetrail! I don't think I have any Football pics in mine...:)...the thigh/hip didn't bug me until about the last half mile. So I will be not running as much or as far. Hope you had fun with B&G.

Thanks everyone for the nice cards...I hope to get mine out soon.

I think I am trying to get a cold...yuk!! Don't think I can blame this one on my sister when we were in Vegas...I am planning on Slo-mo legs and 40 min on the EXT.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning lovely cheetahs! I had a wonderful stayathomeallday
yesterday! Got the tree up and decorated. I ended up doing SS upperbodyblast premix for my afternoon workout and finished up with 30 minutes on the EXT. For some reason I slept terribly last night
x( Hopefully I'll nap well this afternoon cuz I'm back to work tonight.

Wendi- I go to the NY/NJ area every summer (usually in June) to visit my inlaws with DH. The last few years I've made it a habit to get in a race or two. I'll definitely be in the area again next June and a GTG would be awesome.

Cathy- I'm with you on the baby shower thing. I avoid them like the plague!!! You have my sympathy. I just knew you would click with KCM! I think you have her newest step boxing workout which I don't have yet... but it's definitely on my list.

Lorie- Wow, you got in an awesome cardio workout to start the day with!!!!

SunnyD- Have a great yoga rest day!

Christine- Glad the visit to the crotchdoc went well. I'm overdue on that myself I'm afraid! Hope you can shake that icky feeling with a good round of yoga.

Kristi- My goodness, you do sound uberbusy!!! I hope it lets up for you soon. glad to hear that youve been able to fit in some good runs and workouts though.

Carole- Oh my, a cheetah relay team??? Too fun! I hope you can shake off that cold virus before it takes hold!

Wendy- did you get enough coffee in your system yet?

Well, today I'm definiely heading out in the frosty air for a 4 mile run. Then later it'll be 4DS KB and lower body.

ShellyC

Hi Cheetah Friends

We are getting the predicted snow now. As soon as I am done posting I will do the grocery shopping. I just planned out Christmas Lunch menu DH has to go in for rounds on Christmas morning, and then he goes on call at 4:00. So we are hoping for a family lunch.

Even though I planned on doing circuits this week with runs, i changed my mind. I did the KB /Boot cardio premix of 4DS. Then I bagged Pilates class and did Classical Stretch. I have had it for a longtime and forgot about it. This DVD has some effective hip loosener's, as well as upper and total back loosener's. (all my tightest areas)

I may have to include this one regularly. (I just don't like how she talk about other subjects during her stretches x( x( x(

Christine- Did you have to clean the spa filters after Jimmy got out? LOL DH was lamenting about missing our spa from the old house. I am surprised he would think about building another one.

Carole- You might like this Classical Stretch for your hip/piriformis IT band area. It is not yoga or like yoga at all. I hope you nip this germ in the bud!

Shelly- Enjoy that 4 miler in th frosty cold. I am supposed to run outside tomorrow, but the roads need to be cleared first.

Cathy- I agree about showers!

OK sorry to be short but I've got to get to the store.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good morning Cheetahs!

Shelly - I see you have already posted this morning. So, I won't miss you today. Nothing like having a good ol' itread to fall back on when you don't want to get outside. Glad you got the decorating done. Enjoy your run.

Christine - Glad all went well with OB. Jimmy sounds likt a hoot!!Sorry you're feeling bad about your eating. Shake it off and get back out there girl. You can do it!

Thomasina - I guess iTread music doesn't bother me because I'm too busy trying to keep up with Grace's commands and trying to breathe. LOL! Think I finally reached Shelly's slow speed. What a workout for you yesterday. A bosshole! Funny!

Wendi - Glad you had such a nice day yesterday. I think I could have done better with that herb garden if I had waited for warmer weather. Then, I probably gave them too much water. I'm very good with silk plants. What a description of your boss! Sounds like you need to invite him to a workout party.

Lorie - I don't like to see my friends stressed out or going through things. You're right though, he's seeing the error of his ways a little too late. You don't miss your water until the well runs dry. I know you will be thinking with a clear head now and do what makes you happy. That's what matters most that you're happy.

Cathy - My DS was a Simpson's fan. I could never get into them but they made him laugh. 4DS does allow getting in that 30 minutes of cardio every day and I like that. Hope the shower goes well for the teacher. Nice mish mosh yesterday.

Wendy - Hope you don't have to stand in a long line to get those cards out. I love getting all of the cards too. How is Joey?

Sunny - Know you're looking forward to a week off. Hope you enjoy. Enjoy your rest day.

Kristi - How long is Core Synergy? Hope things slow down a bit for you.

Carole - Thanks for the info on the dvd player. My Slo Mo workout keeps freezing. I requested a replacement and I'm getting a new player. I shouldn't have any problems after that. Hope you're not coming down with a cold. Don't want to spend your holiday not feeling well.

This morning's workout was Slo Mo Shoulders, Core Max Tough Core premix, a 15 minute walk and Winsor Pilates Back. A nice workout for me.

Better get some work done. Have a fantastic Thursday everyone!

Jackie

Ummm...BLIND cheetah reporting for duty!:p I apparently stopped reading this thread title at GET UP AND GO...I never even SAW the word Cheetah in it! DOH!:p :7

Good morning cheetahs,
Another quick post here. I have been SO busy here at home in preparation for my party and for going to Chicago, that I have barely been here. I am making chocolate chip banana bread and gingerbread cookies for the party.

I did the elliptical for 45 minutes yesterday and abs. Today I am going to do Drill Max. I know that is not on my rotation, but it is so much fun!

Christine, I am right there with you on the eating. I did SO well last week and pretty good this week unitl yesterday. We went to Sweet Tomatoes and I ate every piece of bread I could find and tons of salad and soup. I really have to stay away from buffets}( Today, I am back on track and chugging green tea and eating my trader joes bran muffin. I have to save my cals for the cookie party, EEK!

Hello to everyone else. I probably will not be back for personals today.

Have a great day friends!

Susan

Hi Girls.

Now that I've found y'all, I copied and pasted one of my posts from my private cheetah thread I had goin' on before. LOL

Here it is:

I have changed my work out plan. Since I didn't get to do 4DS legs + my own back work prior to hitting the gym for a run I've decided to delay or possibly can the run.

Today I will do 4DS legs (+back) and kickbox.

Between tomorrow and Sunday I should have the time to fit in a run, S&A/ARX and yoga if I want.

On Monday I move on to the legs week of my rotation starting with Legs and Back ofcourse!

I wanted to go shopping this morning since I canned the gym visit but just as I was getting ready to go, freezing rain/sleet started coming down. GRRRR! So here I am...cooped up...I am cleaning though so atleast I'm being productive.

BBL!

Wendy - I'm so glad you found your way over here from your own private check in. You had me rollin' here girl!:7

Jackie

My work out is done. 4DS legs/kickbox is in the bag. I am SURE to be feelin' it tmrw! YEOWZAS! }( I decided to stop being a wuss and matched or went just a bit over Cathe's weights on all but the low plane lunges (I used 10's this time though so I'm gettin' closer!) and the plie squats. I didn't heavy up on the plies cause I don't have 30# DB's and that is what she uses. I COULD have used my platemates on my 25 pounder to get closer but didn't. I guess 25# will suffice. :p NEXT TIME I'll definately use the plate mates though!}( As for the low plane lunges...well, they just scare me so I'm workin' my way up slowly!:p :7

I think I'm gonna hit the showers before I hunker down for personals so I'll be back in a bit.:)

PS: Have y'all stopped laughing at me yet for not being able to find the thread this morning?? :7 :p

ETA: I just realized that I completely neglected to add in the pull/chinups with my work out today! ACK!x( Oh well...the moment is passed so I will just have to go with out for this week. It won't kill me. :p

No Wendy. I am still laughing. :p :p :p

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Okay, I smell all purty now and have coffee in hand so now I can do personals b4 the munchkin gets up. :)

Lorie: WOW, 90 mins of stepping! You go girl! Step blast is an oldie but a goody. HIS is still beyond me though! x(

Cathy: I had trouble with the roll at first myself but I figured it out after a while....ITA on the Dreya thing! FYI: TFH is ready to bark if you get wishy-washy about workin' out tonight!}(

Sunny: OMG you did the 60 min interval work out before the 30 minute!? You are a sick pup girl! LOL Well hurry up and do the 30 minute one before the end of the month!!! I want to know if it's worth adding the 60 min to my collection! }(

Wendi: OMG don't tempt me with that HM girl! I really won't have time to train though. I don't finish with the X until the beginning of March. I'd love to run one with ya though so keep me posted! I wanted to try and run 2 HM's in 2008 anyway!:) So what work out did you end up doing? How was work? Get everything checked off your list before the storm hit?

Christine: Oy, I haven't been to the GYN since my 6 week post-delivery check up after Joey was born!:eek: :eek: :eek: My DH is starting to ride my butt about it now. I really need to go. Ya know, the thing is that although it's not a wonderful thing to do, it really doesn't bother me. I am not going out of sheer laziness! UGH! How am I handling the hunger from the lifting?? By eating!!! LOL I don't allow myself to go hungry. I just try to make good choices. It worked for me last time!:)

Kristi: Thanks for the enable on the Core Synergy! Apparently Thomasina is eyeing this work out up as well! I'll probably put it on my list for a post X purchase!}(

Carole: Glad you were pretty much pain free. I hope you don't catch that cold after all!

Shelly: Short work out for you. That's an oddity!:p

Judy: You changed your mind, huh? Sound like anyone you know!? ;) :7 :p I hope you got back from the grocery store before it got bad out there! We got freezing rain/sleet cr@p but it's apparently turning to rain now. I thought I was going to have to drag DS out in it tonight for a meeting at work but thankfully the meeting got cancelled. YAY!

Jackie: Great work out! I used to have core max but sold it on ebay. I wasn't into 20 min abs routines. I'm thinking about buying it again now. That'll teach me to sell a Cathe!x( I didn't get to the post office today because of the weather. I have a list of errands to run for tmrw now and that is one of them. Joey is doing well, thank you!:)

Susan: Busy holiday cheetah! Have a fantastic time when you go to visit your dad in Chicago! :) Great work outs!

K, I think I'm all caught up. Time to go get Mr. Munchkin up!:+

BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.