***Everybody's Kettlebelling for the Weekend***

Hello everyone! Sorry I missed the check-in yesterday. I did SIM, had a GREAT sweat!, and did a 2.75 mile run with my dog Lucy because it was so beautiful out. I am saving Death by KB for another day. DS had a sleepover last night with three of his friends and they were up until 2:30 with DH blowing each other up (on X-box). Boys never grow up. ;) I ate like crap again last night, 4 pieces of Domino's and Costco cake and my energy feels zapped. I have to stop eating like this, but May is a really hard month for me; there is Mother's Day, my mom's birthday, step-mom's birthday, DH and DD's birthday, MIL's birthay, SIL's birthday and BIL's birthday. We are broke and fat by the end of the month, lol. I have to do a sugar fast because once I get off of it I am fine, but once I have one piece of cake, that becomes two, then I have to polish off the kids' plates, then I have no energy... sugar is evil.:mad:

Rhonda, I am cracking up reading your posts!!! But what you really don't want to do after eating Mexican is downward dog - it gets me every time. :eek: Also, around TOTM I do feel more lethargic, but it us not bad if I am not eating crap (I am so mad about yesterday!). I usually just do something really light, like step or taking the dogs for a walk just because moving around does make me feel better. How are you doing today?

Deanie - holy cow! Great job with the running at 7! I love those shorter runs because you really can say to yourself "just one more minute, I can do this for just one more minute!" and it will actually be true. ;)

Gayle, 10 100m sprints... how did that good? It would be interesting to time the first sprint and the last sprint to see how your stamina is - but I am saying this to someone who freaking lifts/deadlifts crazy heavy weights. :confused: :p When Deanie watches Lost we must discuss it!!! I want to know what you guys think is going on because... aaahh! Watch it Deanie!!!

Jane, how long did it take you to get through the ladder?

Marcy, what kind of dog is Max? (I am assuming Max is a dog, if not I'm sorry!) I have a golden retriever (Dori) and a doberman/pit bull mix (Lucy). I like to run with Lucy because she has great stamina, but Dori is easier when I am around people because Lucy tries to play with every dog she sees and won't listen when other dogs are around... she has been attacked many times but she still doesn't seem to "get it", lol.

Andilynn - HI!!!

Did I miss anyone?

Well, I am going to get off of my butt and work out now. I think that I will do Newport rounds up to 5 or 6 and then do part of the wicked conditioning ladder Jane did the other day. It looks fun. :eek:

Have a great Saturday, everyone! I will see you all later.

Missy

Hi there. I have two finals next week so I am studying. I am going to go exercise as soon as my blueberries digest. I have found that if I break my fast with berrries, I have less digestive problems.

Missy- I'll take broke and fat over rich and thin anyday. That is a lie times two. Have fun and maybe just rate your food. Like if someone has a cheap b-day cake and someone has Costco cake, eat the good cake. I LOVE Costco (seriously if Costco was a man, I would have Costco babies and we would have a show- Rhonda and Costco plus 20). Thanks for the heads up or should I say head down on the Downward Dog and Mexican food.

This is exactly why I don't like working out at the gym.

Waves to everyone, will check back later.

Good Afternoon

baseball and soccer are over and I have a few minutes rest before bday party for Ds9 and haircut/errands with DS12....

Here is my workout from my blog from this morning:
Santa Monica

I did ropes, recovery breaks: 10 sec.; speed rounds (in the interest of time - soccer this morning)

total workout: 45 minutes

Round 1
Figure 8 to Hold- 3 minutes – 25#
Ropes
Rest
Round 2
TGU - 5 minutes– 25#
Ropes
Rest
Round 3
Swings- 1 min rt/ 1 min lft/ 1 min h2h - 35#
Squats – 35#
Ropes
Rest
Round 4
Chest Presses,- used 30r/ 25l, when did only rt - 30#/ only left 30# - other hand used the 25#
Pushups
Squats - jump squats hard!
Ropes
Rest
Round 5
Squatting Press - 25#bb
high pulls-
25# kb
staggered squats –
bw
Ropes
Rest
Round 6
Press to Windmill, - 25#
Deadlift to a Row,-
35#
Flip n' Squat - 25#
Ropes
Rest
Round 7
Press to Get Up,- 25#bb
Plank with a hip drop,
Alternating Snatches-
25# one minute alternating h2h
Ropes
Rest
Round 8
Lunge Cocktails (Did someone say cocktails? Beer me NOW), -
started with 20#, no balance:eek:used no weight!
Squat and Hold,
10 no prob., 0f the 8 I did 4, finished with 6 HARD!
Open Palm Presses –20#
Ropes (everyone drop your cocktail and run to your ropes!)
Rest

***comments:
great workout!! by round 3 I was sweating buckets!:p
I found the 10 seconds rest okay because the dvd doesn't flow well and there are breaks from kb to ropes and ropes to rests and again, rest to kb's
really need another 25#kb! don't know when that's happening!
I think this maybe my favorite aos dvd workout!:)

=-==============================================

Missy:::: You are too funny! could you have anymore birthdays/celebrations in the month of May???;):) I agree with Rhonda, pick the good cake and only eat that! Great job with the run!

Rhonda::: enjoy your workout today. I don't like gyms either. I like to do my own thing on my own time.

waves to everyone else! Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Hi Everyone!

I did Muscle Max this morning. I got tons of chores done today so I feel very accomplished!! :)

Missy ~ I didn't time the ladder but it took about 40 minutes or so. Those burpees slay me. I can only do about 5 in a row and then I have to rest. Hope you liked it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Happy weekend! I ended up working late last night, so I did the swing/burpee/run WOD this morning. The running was the worst. It took me 15:22. It was a good workout, hard, but good.

Missy - The first sprint was so peppy and full of promise, and the last was a sorry slog (not even a jog, but a slog) down the driveway. Running is my nemesis! We had our big birthdays month in April, so I feel your pain.

Deanie - Did you watch Lost yet?...how about now...are you done? :p Why do Lunge Cocktails sound so fun and evil at the same time? Nice workout.

Rhonda - LMAO!! We used to have a Costco membership and could never leave without a big platter of those macadamia nut and white chocolate chip cookies...freakin' evil!! Good luck with your finals.

Jane - Good job with Muscle Max!

Hi all! I'm resting this evening , no workout! I spent the day at the zoo with my grandson and niece and walked and walked carried a 40# little boy up some hills when he got tired so after that and the doms from sts yesterday I'm pooped tonight! I'll get back on the wagon tomorrow:)

I really look foward to out everyone's workouts each day, I'm getting some good ideas from everyone!

Waves to Gayle, Deanie, Rhonda , Missy, Jane and all who follow! I'm off to bed *yawn*

Well, I'm still waiting for my grandson to wake up, he must be even more tired than I was last nite! I woke up about 6:30 am and went to the basement and did Fat Blaster(Turbo Jam) and a ab workout. I'll be back on STS mesocycle#2 tomorrow. I think I need to concentrate on that till the end, I was mixing it up with kettlebells in mesocycle #1 but now tha the weights are bumping up I think I'll stick with heavy lifting and interval/hiit cardio, I wish the STS cardio was finished!:)! After I finish STS I think I'll treat myself to a month of kettlebells and Cathe circuit workouts! Have a great week everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.