***Deanies Rotation Check in***Mon. 5/7

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls

Todays workout was HARD!! I don't know if its because we had a week off or because it was hard! working chest and shoulders together is tough! I did LIC abs and stretch at the end. There was a lot of using the mix and match feature and I wasn't prepared for some excersises (using the bench- my step wasn't set up)

Some pushups I followed Cathe, don't know why:)

stats:
stand. p/u: 24
standing lat w/band: 10
kickback with band: 10
1 arm balance push up: 14 each side
clean and press: 8#/10reps
DB french press: 10#/10reps
decline pushup on ball: 24
arnold press: 15#/9reps
close grip press: 15#/10reps
3 in 1 push up: 2 sets
arnold press: 15#/8reps
dips with bb in lap: 40 with 35#bb
side to side pushups: followed Cathe
dbrear delt flys: 8#/10reps (could have gone to 10#)
tri push ups on high step: forgot and followed cathe:)
side to side: 6 each side
1 arm db lateral raise:6#/10reps
1 arm dips on step: 16 each side
dive bomber push ups: 20
(changed this) external rotations with band: 10 with a tight band
side pushups: 20 each side
timesaver pushups: followed Cathe (and they were HARD!!)
tri extension:25#/10
bb upright row: 25#/10 reps (could have done 30#, but didn't feel like changing the bb)

I think next week it may go smoother now that we've been thru it once! Also, I'm going to switch next week and do B&G abs and tough abs on day one and 15 min. ab work of choice (LIC, MM, PS) on day 3. For me with the 5 disc changer that works better.

Tracee- sorry about the core synergistics ebay loss.

Have a great day all:)

BBL,

Deanie

Good Morning!

Today I did IMAX1 and I don't remember how tough it was for me last time, but it wasn't too bad today! It really was the perfect intensity. I really would like to have SPJ/SB. I have that one taped from FitTV and always enjoy it. I must like the dancier steps with fun music.

Deanie--Day 1 is tough, isn't it? I really started to fall apart at the end with all of those pushups and I didn't do half the number taht you did!! I'm looking forward to tomorrow's Back and Biceps.:D I think those are my stronger muscles.

Tracee--I'm curious to know what you thought of today's workut.

Marcy--How was your weekend? Another Open House?

Have a great day all! 5 more days of school for me after today!!:D When do your kids get out?
Gin

Good morning.

Much to my surprise I checked ebay when I got to work this morning and I won. Wow, I'm really surprised. I got it for $11.50 plus $4.00 shipping. It seemed like there weren't too many listed that had shipping for under $4. Anyway, I'm really surprised and happy that we now all will have that one workout.

Now, for today's workout. I agree with Gin and Deanie that the first day is hard. I don't do enough prep work before hand to make the workout doable for the dvd's that I have so I was stumbling around a lot trying to figure out what each exercise was. I was trying to remember what certain exercises meant when I didn't have the exact disc but my brain wasn't cooperating and I hate to do weights with improper form. Anyway, I didn't feel like I got a very good workout and I'm hoping that next week will go smoother.

What are the side to side pushups? I think those are from the HSTA disc and I don't have that one.

My kids get out of school on the 7th of June. They're very excited since it's only a month away. My older son will be going to middle school next year which freaks me out more than it does him I think.

Have a good day.

Tracee

Good morning everyone! (This will be a long post as I have to catch up with everyone.)

First, let me congratulate all of you on winning Core Synergistics. You won't be sorry (or maybe you will}( ) On Saturday, I went to my dance workshop (the one I wasn't able to get to for my birthday) and I had a blast. They did some advanced dances which were right up my alley. Not that beginner and intermediate dances aren't good, but you girls know I love a challenge. We didn't have an open house yesterday, but in the afternoon, my husband said we have company. I thought it was his sister coming in but all of a sudden two ladies walked right in and said they were there for the open house. I was in the middle of making shish ka bobs and my hands smelled like peppers and onions and this lady is handing me her card. So I said "we didn't have one planned, but come on in." So while my DH was showing them the outside, I quickly scrambled upstairs to make the bed and straighten up. It's hard keeping the house looking like perfection all the time.

Anyway, back to workouts. For any of you considering purchasing any more P90X workouts (if you survive Core Synergistics, that is) Ab Ripper X is on all of the strength DVDs (Legs & Back, Chest, Shoulders & Triceps (another killer), Back & Biceps, Shoulders & Arms, Chest & Back) so you don't need to purchase it separately.

Today's workout: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps (this was the first time I did it so I didn't use as heavy a weight to start)

Slow Motion pushups - did 12 (4 wide, 4 military, 4 chaturanga) and 10 bonus pushups
In & Out Shoulder Flys (this is a 16 rep exercise) 10#
Chair Dips - 30 with leg raise
Plange pushups (hands as close to ribs as possible): 12 reps
Pike presses - 10
Side Tri-Rises - 18 on each side
Floor Flys (tough!) 16 reps - you start in military to wide position and slide hand out while keeping opposite hand stationary. When reaching wide position, perform push-up, then return to start and repeat.
Scarecrow - 10 reps at 10# (will go higher next time)
Overhead Tricep Extensions: 12 reps at 10# (will go higher next time)
Two-Twitch Speed Pushups (tough!) - 13 reps
Y-Presses: 11 reps at 12# (will go higher next time)
Lying Tricep Extensions: 8 reps at 12#
Side to Side pushups (tough!): 10 reps
Pour Fly (tough!): 8 reps at 10#
Side-Leaning Tricep Extensions: 8 reps at 12#
One-Arm Pushups (wide feet): 8 reps. Didn't think I would be able to do these but they weren't as bad as I thought.
Weighted Circles: (this is a 40 rep exercise) Did first 20 with 8# and switched to 5# for 2nd 20 but only did 17 reps for 2nd round.
Throw the Bomb: 12 reps at 8# (will go higher next time)
Clap or Plyo Pushups (TOUGH!!!) Attempted 6. Don't know if I'll ever be able to do these. Tony did plyo pushups, totally amazing - did pushup and sprang off the floor!
Slo-Mo Throws - 10 reps at 8# - will go higher next time
Front-to-Back Tricep Extensions: 10 reps at 10#
One Arm Balance Pushups - 8 reps
Fly-Row Presses: 12 reps at 8# - will go higher next time
Lying down Dbbl Cross-Body Blows: 34 reps with 8# - will go higher next time

Deanie: What are timesaver pushups? Sounds like you had a great workout.

Gin: IMAX 3/SJP/SB and S&H are 3 of my favorite workouts. I recommend all 3. IMAX 3 is the toughest of the IMAXes, IMO but this is my favorite of all the IMAXes. Choreography is the toughest in this one compared to the other two but since you like dancy, you shouldn't have a problem. Good work with all your pushups on toes. This rotation is definitely going to help you with pushups. I know it's helping me get my chest just about to the floor. Sounds like great fun and hard work on the Habitat house. I might suggest that to my DH after we move. My son is graduating June 19th. I can't believe it. After all the struggles, he did it. I think it wasn't until high school, things started coming together for him. The right school really makes a difference. Thank goodness I fought for him like I did or I don't think he would have gotten this far. I'm looking forward to Back & Biceps too. Back is one of my strong parts.

Tracee: Like Tony says "Do you best and forget the rest". Next week will get easier as you'll be more familiar. I didn't preview today's workout either and I should have. Previewing definitely helps the workout go smoother so you know what to expect. Baron Baptiste Level 3 is 47 minutes. IMO is was easier than Level 2.

I think I've talked enough for now so I'm signing off. Have a great day, all. BBL.

Marcy

Hey All

Gin- I think I am going to do Imax 1 tomorrow also. Its been a long time since I've done it. School for us doesn't end till June 6 for the nursery school. June 13(?) for my elementary school. You must be counting down the days:) Keep us posted on tomorrows workout. I'm thinking there should be less back and forth with back and biceps and it may flow better.

Tracee- My DS is moving on to middle school also next year. It is a hard adjustment isn't it? I just made his 11 year old checkup appt. this morning and I had to do a double take- 11 already???

Marcy- Much congrats to your son on his graduation this year!:) Your right, the right school AND parents fighting for thier child can make all the difference. The schools are there to help your child, but if your child has an issue, it seems the schools fight you tooth and nail to get extra help for your child. It just doesn't seem right. Your dance workshop sounds fun. Glad you enjoyed it. You look like you had a great workout today! The timesaver pushups are on the timesaver dvd from the BB series. They are tough!: 2 sets of 6 counts going down, 2 counts up, then 2 sets reversed: 2 counts down and 6 counts up. Then you do a single pushup when back at the top, take one arm and bring your elbow up along side so your fist is equal with your ribs, then put it back down; then back to a single push up and the other arm goes up with elbow up and fist to your ribs.do this 6(?) times. Then repeat the whole series again. then finish off with just 2 sets each of the 6/2 count and 2/6 count push ups. After all the other pushups and shoulder work, these are killer!!

When is the presale starting!!!!! I am having a hard time waiting!!}( :D }( :D

Deanie:*

Hey Deanie,

Those timesaver pushups sound tough. I assume they're from either Push/Pull or Supersets, right? I'll have to take a look at them.

I am looking forward to the presale, but not spending any more money! So I can actually wait a little while longer.

Did you take a look at the T-shirts? I like the Baby Doll, the baseball one and the Embrace the Challenge. I wish she'd have a presale on these too!

Did you get another P90X DVD besides Core Syn?

Marcy

Good Afternoon!
Tracee--Congrats on winning the dvd! Side to side pushups are ---one hand on low step and one on floor, do pushup and then other hand on step and other on floor, pushup, etc.

Marcy--Congrats on your son's upcoming graduataion! YIKES!!}( }( The people who do P90X earn every bit of their buff bodies!! TOUGH STUFF!! I woulD love to buy all 3 dvds, but don't know if I should spend all that $$ now, even though it a good price! i'm leaning towards SJP/SB.

Deanie--Don't know why we always end school earlier in TX than other parts of the country. Hot TX weather?? OOPSS--I didn't do Timesaver pushups, just the standard ones. Didn't know they were different. I'll try next week.

Gin:)

Marcy-
I think they are bonus footage from the Body Blast series. I have the whole series and have never seen/done these before. Also, they have diff. workout clothes on. This is also the first time I used the timesaver dvd.

I also like the baby doll and the baseball(baby blue on blue) and I plan to get them when I get the presale dvds. I don't want to pay shipping.

I didn't get another P90X dvd, because I won the bid. If I didn't win the bid, I was going to buy the dvd from a diff. seller and they had free shipping on any other P90X dvds. I would have gotten chest, should., tri. though. Todays workout would have flowed better. Oh well....I am not buying anything more till Cathes new dvds. Really, I swear!!:)

Deanie

Deanie:

Oh, well! I have all the Body Blasts except for Timesaver. Didn't think I needed it with all the others.

Enjoy watching Core Syn. Let me know what you think.

Marcy

Gin - Thanks for the explanation of the side to side pushups. I think I remember seeing those in the past. I didn't do the timesaver pushups either. I was running out of time at the end because it took me so much time switching dvd's and trying to substitute exercises.

Deanie - Thanks for the reminder. I have to make appts. for both of my boys too. My oldest will be 11 in June. Before we know it they'll be graduating like Marcy's son.

Marcy - Congrats on your son's graduation. Is he planning on moving with you guys or is he staying in your current state?

Have a good evening.

Tracee

Marcy-
OH MY GOD!!!!!

I don't know weather to laugh or cry!!! This looks HARD!!! Mostly doable, but hard!!I don't know if I'll ever do as many reps as those guys do!! I am strangely }( excited to try it, yet also happy I have 3 weeks to go!!

The plank to chaterunga(SP) looks the hardest!! I will definatly be working up to that!

Deanie

Deanie-

Plank to chaturanga is hardest for me too. Knocks the crap out of me! On the clap pushups from today's workout, it was suggested to me to do them against the wall to start which I'm going to do next week. I got a bruise on my hip (I think from doing all the superman/banana rolls) so I would suggest having a good cushiony mat.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.