***Coolers, in the Thick of It Thursday***

Netta

Cathlete
Morning,
Today was 4DS Bootcamp, which I've only done once before. It was a good little workout. My biceps are nice and pumped right now. Good thing, because I won't be working out again until next Tuesday, unless you count dipping a chip in salsa a workout
4.gif
, or throwing a horseshoe. Plan on taking some little walks with DH and the girls.

Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend!
1.gif

Good Morning,

Getting ready for art lessons. I'm watching my neighbor's son today. Hopefully, that will go well.

Jeanette: LOL on chin dipping salsa. Enjoy your weekend!!! WTG with 4DS bootcamp. I haven't done that one yet.

My headache finally went away around 1 in the morning. I need to buy some more Sudafed.

Hope everyone is doing well, especially Kim and her ds!!!

Ballistic Hugs,
Wendy

Have a good trip Jeanette!

Well here's the daily Tyler update. I told everyone I would start taping a message on the answering machine so that everyone can just phone and listen as we're getting so many calls everyday, LOL. Our family and friends have been so incredible sending treats for Ty and stuff.

Well after a few minor mishaps and one mommy meltdown at the daycare while I was dropping off dd we got to the hospital for yesterday's surgery. He was in the OR for about an hour and a half. The surgeon was able to complete the surgery but said it was extremely tight and that he would be in alot of pain for awhile. :( The nurse wouldn't let me in to the recovery room for quite awhile afterwards and I have a feeling she was waiting till he had calm down a little. They gave him oxycotin for pain. By the time I saw him he was just in tears telling me he had so much pain, I felt they were pushing us to leave. At that point I thought I could make him more comfortable at home anywarys. I carried himto the car and DH was home to carry him inside. He was screaming so much that our neighbours came to check on him, very nice people. Within 20 mins of having him home, I had his pain in check with a proper bed to lie on (they had him on a recliner at the hospital), Tylenol 3, and a ice pack. He did okay for the evening but during the night the general anesthetic was starting to wear off and he starting vomiting. Seems better again this am. I'm still lifting him though, no crutch walking yet.

Today's adventure, is an appointment back at the orthopaedic surgeon to see if the leg fracture has stayed in place. So please send us no more surgery vibes. If the fracture is still align then just the cast and if it's slipped then he may need surgery to pin it.

That's my selfcentered post again for today, I promise one day to catch up on everyone's posts. I have been skimming them. Right now I have to send an apology email to the director of the daycare.

Have a quick minute to catch up!

Laurie HAPPY 20th Anniversary!!! What a great milestone to reach! What did you do to celebrate!

Debra How did your dd do on first week of school? Hope the massage went well!

Wendy WooHoo on no more therapy! That's one less thing to try and fit into your busy schedule. Is your family reunion or for you DH's family? How come you don't want to go?

Patricia Are you off spending all that money you got on Tuesday?? Hope everything is okay!

Kim

Good Morning!

Hi there everyone....Sorry I have been MIA for a couple of days...but we have had some neighborhood drama (have I mentioned lately how crazy they are????:mad::mad:) and every time I get ready to sit down and post it seems that something gets in the way!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: Okay...school is going well for me so far...and I have some studying to do this afternoon for my first quiz in psych. I ended up doing LM yesterday...almost all of it..I think I must have skipped one combo...So I was pretty proud of myself for having such a long cardio session. :D:D I am planning on doing BB's ab boot camp plus SH shoulders today.

Kim..
Oh, you guys have been through so much for the past week!!!!!! :(:( I hope that DS's pain is much better today and I am definitely sending 'no more surgery' vibes your way!!!!!! :D:D Please give you little one a big hug from the Cooler gals and let him know we are all thinking of him and wishing him a speedy recovery! :)

Wendy...
I thought you didn't like other people's children...What are you doing babysitting???? LOLOLOL!! :eek::eek: Have fun at art lessons. DD has art today at school....she was looking forward to that. She also has Spanish and PE to go along with her regular class time. They did an experiment yesterday using microscopic glasses...DD is really enjoying her math and science teacher. WooHoo!! Because those are not normally her favorite subjects..:rolleyes:. Even I got a 94 on my first physics lab paper!! I just need to pull out a solid B and I will be happy!!!!! ;)

Patricia...
Where are yooooooooou????????? :confused::confused:

Jeanette...
I am sure you will have a great time on your camping trip with DH and the girls...They must love to run around the woods....Polly would go wild!! :) I like 4DS bootcamp....it is short enough for me....I don't do well with DM and BC 'cause no matter what you say, I am the laziest Xer!!! :eek::eek: You asked a couple of days ago how I was liking lifting heavy again...and I am really enjoying it! It truly is my preferred style of doing weights...so I am going to finish up this week with the SH series....next week, I am planning on doing lighter weights and more endurance based...then back to SH with Cathe and Amy Bento for the 2 weeks after that. I need to get some more of my 1RMs done...and it is hard to schedule those in when I am lifting heavy. :rolleyes::rolleyes: I know what you mean about not knowing what some of the exercises are...If you notice on my 1RM list, I have only done the basic exercises since those are the ones I know how to do...LOL! :D

Laurie...
Glad you are liking your new 'do! I have an appt next week, too....My roots are in desperate need of some touch up!! :rolleyes: My diva is loving being back at school! She is enjoying her teachers and her classes so far this year. And she hasn't had any homework yet, so she thinks that is pretty cool too...LOL! :) My DD wouldn't enjoy having a male teacher either...so I can see how your DD wouldn't be too thrilled. I am sure she will get used to it, though. It must be really different for her. Hope you guys had a great anniversary yesterday...Is tonight the real celebration night?? ;);)

Okay..that is it for me now! Hope everyone has a great day...I should have some time late this afternoon to check and see how you are all doing.

NO SURGERY :D:D:D:D:D:D

He's most likely going to be in this full length cast for 8 weeks. He has follow up appointments with both surgeons in 2 weeks. Now we can just relax and start to heal.

Kim

Kim, Great news!!!! Although, I can't imagine how easy it will be to relax with a son in a full length cast!!! You are getting a workout for sure!!! Will the cast make it difficult for him to go to school? Why the apology letter to the daycare???? Oh! How nice of your neighbors to make sure you didn't need reported to child welfare.:D;) Take it easy!!! Get some rest!!!

Debra, I survived my NK today. LOL It was really not a problem at all. Everything went smoothly. Now, if I could survive other people's grown kids, all would be nicer in my world. This man about ten years my junior, was trying to flirt with me at the post office. UGH! I told him that I had six kids. :D Hey, I wasn't lying!!!! Grossed me and dds out!!! He even waited until I was finished mailing my package and followed me, my girls, and NK out the door. Ewww, ewwww, ewwww!!!! I think he wanted to show off his convertible. Ewwww, ewwww, ewwww!!! NK asked if we knew him. Both eldest dd and I answered with a disgusted and resounding NO at the same time. :D:D:D

CC#2 and Quickie are finished!!! Depending on tomorrow's practice session with Patti, I may not get a chance to work out.

I am so bummed. My body can't make it tomorrow. I have to call Patti and tell her the news. Maybe her ds will be around for me to practice.

Wendy

back again!

Well...I got BB tae Bo abs done...which also raised my heart rate a bit...so a little bonus..and SH shoulders...and now my shoulders are fried! That is always a good one for me. :)

No extraordinary events today...Except the dog went to the groomer...She looks so cute with her short haircut and her bandanna! :D

Kim....
Thank goodness, no more surgery!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D I hope he is resting well and comfortably tonight. It is so nice that you guys have so many friends and family calling to check on you guys. Very sweet.

Wendy...
So funny about the guy at the P.O.! What a creep!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: Some boys just never learn! :confused: Glad the NK survived you this morning..:)! You're right about surviving all the rest of the people on the planet....The kids are easy!! It took me a while to figure you meant your practice body couldn't make it tomorrow! I must have reread that line about 10 times until I got what you meant....:rolleyes:. I am apparently not the brightest bulb on the tree today...LOL!

Okay...that does it for me now...Hope everyone has a great evening!

Evening All

Lets see, I did SS - Tone it Up last night and Mix it Up tonight to that catches me up with the workout. I've had some incredibly busy days at work lately and have not had time to pop in and even read the boards. I intended to chat last night but I got surfing and it was midnight b/4 I knew it.

We've seem to be drawn into a legal battle at our cottage. A private road was been built a few years ago that is gated off. We did not buy into the road when it was built as it seemed to be a slick pyramid scheme and they wouldn't provide proof of how much it really cost so we were concerned some were getting the road free or at a reduced cost. Another cottager filed a suit to have it classified under the Access Road act and now we're being drawn into this suit. To make a long storey short I've been surfing the net to find out all about Access Roads and whether the private road qualifies. If this battle is won we might get the use of the road w/o paying into it, which was never our intention. We just didn't want to be scammed. The Road Association was asking for $33k from us with no backup. I could just imagine Judge Judy slapping us on the side our head if we handed over $33k just on someone's say so:D:(:( To build our cottage we rented a barge and carted everything over the width of a lake that I could swim across and the gate to the private road is at our property line!:(:( So all my spare time has been revisiting a situation that we had already written off as unattainable and not in our financial planning for a few years:(.

Kim - My word, what a horrid time you have had lately along with Ty. It must have just torn you apart to see him in pain. Good news no surgery though and hopefully the next 2 weeks go by fast. Time is your friend. Well, I glad to hear at least the carpet got installed with out any hitches and just take your time finishing it all off. You could turn it into your own private yoga room in the meantime and just go down there for some peace and quiet:D:D Are you able to take more time off work? I'm presuming this will delay DS going back to school?

Laurie - WOW, 20 years, way to go. I was just saying the other day that alll my close friends are still together and that I don't hardly know anyone divorced except some co-workers. Must be Couples who Fairre together Stay together (couldn't resist):D

Wendy - I go on vacation next Fri. so intend to start the X once we get back (hopefully on the 15th - fingers x-d) My allergies have been killing me too, but now that I've been on Claritin for about 3 weeks now they seem managable - just nuisance sniffles. Thats fantastic that you're finished with PT. Make sure you do your home excercises then. This should free up som time now for you. Are you ready for school on Tuesday? Hey, have you figured out where the reunion is yet? At least you don't need to worry about losing any weight for it like so many do. You're in fantastic shape!;):p In my mid 20's I was practicing at the driving range and this old guy would not leave me alone. I've been too scared since to go back. (

Jeanette - have fun this weekend. I'll be MIA too as we're spending it at the cottage. It'll be our 1st weekend there this year. Won't worry too much about getting in a workout as I'm sure I'll be doing enough manual labour of some sort! You would have been proud of me yesterday. Yesterday I was in a mini-putt tournament thru work and I got a whole-in-1:D Had the highest score though of the foursome:( and no phone call to say I won the longest female drive so I won't give up my day job!

Deb - do tell about the drama.:) Maybe you can use your neighbours to help with your psych course. Are any of them possible test subjects? Glad to hear the Diva is settling in at school. The 1st week is always the best until reality HITS.

Okay, DH is off at a sleep clinic tonight so I get the bed to MYSELF. Oh, I have to remove the email notification when someone responds to a thread I've posted in. He has started to read a few chats the last couple days. Not good.

Have a good night everyone. (Especially you Kim - hope Ty can sleep thru the night).

Last edited:
Looks like there's no way out of going to the family reunion. I forgot who asked... It's my father's cousin. My father passed away a few years ago. And, I don't know these people. My half brother, half sister, and mother will be going. I couldn't say no. I tried!!! Really, I did. Somehow, I don't know how, calling to cancel turned into spending Saturday with them and driving down to the reunion at the same time!!!! I love seeing them as I know them!!!

It's going to be a busy weekend.

I rescheduled my practice massage with Patti for Monday night. So, I've got to leave State College by 3 in order to get to her house in time to nurture Rulan.:eek: :D He's a sweetie. Hopefully, I won't make too many mistakes.

All this to say, I've got time to workout tomorrow. But, no workout for me till Tuesday. And we start homeschool on Tuesday. So, I'm going to play it by ear. Maybe, I set my alarm clock for 5AM and work out before the girls start their day. We'll see.;)

Patricia: In the states, you can't block people in on their property. If you're blocked in, the adjacent owners have to allow you access to your property. Not sure if that means they have to provide you a road. Now, if a road is already there, I believe you are allowed to use it to gain access to your property. I haven't even thought about a reunion yet. Dh has gotten into the habit of calling me his little globetrekker!!!:D With everything going on in my life, I'm focusing on getting through the week these days.

Debra: LOL I read my confusing sentence again. You're right! It is confusing!!! No wonder you had to read it a few times. Sorry!!!:eek: I'm not looking to fry my shoulders anytime soon. Better you than me!!!! I'll fry my glutes for you though. Wait, that doesn't sound quite right. Get your mind out of the gutter!!!!:p;)

Okay, Cobert Report is on. Talk to you all later!
Wendy

Well, the Coolers have been busy already this morning. DS slept through the night and is still sleeping! Well, no cottage for us on this super hot long weekend. My mom was still wanting us to go but I didn't think it was a good idea. I'll rather be close to Children's Hospital, and it's a long bumpy road to get there. Once we were there he couldn't swim or boat so wouldn't be much fun. So we have 5 days of nothing to do :) and I want him to stay pretty quiet so I'm trying to think of things to do so we don't all go stir crazy. I see lots of movies and board games happening. Maybe some friends can come visit if they stay for a very short period. At least dd can swim in our backyard pool so she doesn't feel like she's missing out on all the fun "summer" stuff. I think today the kids and I may watch Camp Rock and then play the Camp Rock board game dd got for her birthday. :confused:

Debra Uh-oh on the neighbourhood drama. Hope you worked it all out! When are you thinking of selling the house. WTG on doing LM, any DOMS today?? Glad that you dd is enjoying school so much! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Wendy Oh the daycare apology. It was me over reacting. There was some miscommunication on their part regarding my dropping dd off at daycare while taking ds for his surgery on Wed. As a result of their mistakes I ended up having to driving around the neighbour hood for 20 mins, in/out of the car and ds was having lots of pain, and it was making us late for the surgery. (they had gone walking to a local park but she gave us the wrong info and we ended up driving all over) When we finally caught up to them the director felt terrible we were given the wrong info by a junior staff member, I ended up crying/making a small scene. I was just being over emotional maybe had to do with being PMS, it's was my deceased's son birthday, and I was taking my son who was in lots of pain with a broken leg for another surgery. It was totally just an innocent mistake on a young girl's part but it just wasn't a good day for me to deal with it.

I had to read that sentence a few time over as well. So is Patti's son going to be your practice body?? Do your kids every let you practice on them? Is the whole family heading to the reunion? Maybe the reunion will be more fun than you think. Yuck, on the post office guy, what did your dd say about it?

Patricia- Glad to see you back. That is quite the legal mess with the road. Glad that guys get to actually enjoy the cottage this weekend! Are you getting some hot weather? Where are you going on holidays?? LOL on the private yoga room. Already I keep telling the kids I'm working on putting stuff away in the basement and then I hop on the computer while I'm down here. I did get next week off for family sick leave, this week I was on holidays :p I think I need a holiday to recover from my holiday. They start school on Wed, we'll see how he's feeling, maybe he'll just go for a couple of hours. I'm trying to arrange for a wheelchair to use for the first couple of weeks so he doesn't have to hop too much since that's his surgical side.
Is DH getting tested for sleep apnea?

Kids are still asleep, I guess they're catching up from this crazy week. Kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.