***CLEAN.IT.UP.MONDAY***

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

Just finished CTX upper body (Chest, Shoulders, Triceps). This is my last "meso 1" week and I'm excited to move on to the next stage. CTX is weird because sometimes it seems to be high reps/low weights (endurance) but sometimes she uses really high weights. For her exhaustion set for chest (warm up), she uses a 30 lb barbell and does singles pretty quickly. YIKES. I know my dumbbells are a little diff than barbells but it was still crazy.

My weight is up a tiny bit so I need to keep things a little cleaner/pc this week.

Anne, you are rocking your WOs and sound SO great! You seem to really have come around the last month or two! I'm so happy for you.

Nina, glad you enjoyed your bm2 and yoga wos! So, spaghetti pie is super easy, just a variation of spag - it's not really clean or tidy but my fam loves it so I just practice PC! Basically cook noodles, mix together with 4 eggs and 4 T butter (melted) and 2/3 cup of Parm cheese and that is your "crust" in the bottom of a 9x13. Then add sauce to cooked meat of your choice (I usually use sausage) and put that on top of spag. Top with mozz cheese and ital seasoning and cook at 350 for 20 min. It's super yummy!

Kate, I def want to try your pork chop recipe! I'll have to see if I can find cider vin. If I can't, do you have a suggestion for a replacement?

Okay, I'm caught up from y'day. Hi to Becky, DrBecky, Wendy, Lisa, Colleen, Katie, Robin, Klaudia and??? Our group has gotten so big! It's crazy!

So, the girls are home from school for the next two weeks. The schedule here is almost like a year round. I think it would be fun if we had stuff to do (museums, pools, libraries, skating rinks, etc) but since we don't, it's kinda boring! :( We'll have to figure out stuff to do. Right now they are happily playing in their toy room so I'm going to work on my rotation for next month.

Off to make my breakfast. Have a great day all!

Oh, PS - I'm not watching the superbowl until tonight and I'm going to try really hard not to find out who won so if you would please not spoil it for me, I'd really appreciate it!!! :):cool:

Good morning Angie! I won't spill the beans. All I will say is that my dh is happy because my mil put down a bet for him since they are in Las Vegas right now and he won! He bet on the winning team. My kids are on a year round schedule. Hope you figure out something to do for the two weeks.

I finished another week of P90X. On to Week 11. Almost there! Anyway, I've been reading here and there, but haven't always had time to post. I've been in and out of a funk lately. Not sure why. Anyway, eats have surprisingly been good despite my funky moods. Workout for Monday is Chest and Back. Any plans for Valentine's Day? Are you guys doing anything special? I thought I would make some fun cupcakes for my kids.

Lisa

Morning!

Angie, My mom makes a spag pie like that - we loved it when we were little!
I've never dne the CTX weight work - probably should!
Not sure on a sub for that vinegar.

Lisa, Sorry for the funk - I really hate when that happens! WTG on 11 wks of P90 tho! That's awesome!
Valentines plans - I usually make some theme meal. One yr I did heart-shaped pizza. Another time I've made heart-shaped meatloaf and pink mashed potatoes!:D:cool:

-
I work @ Kgarten this afternoon and hopefully taking a step calss w/ Anne tonight! Will get some weights in after the girls go to bed. I'm thinking CTX now that ANgie mentioned it!

I had great WOs and mostly clean eats thru the weekend. Hoping to keep the momentum up for the week ahead!

Good Morning Girls !

Ah it's Monday.

Eats weren't clean last night but they were good portion wise . I weighed myself this morning and weight is 2 pounds less then when we started watching sugar......
I wasn't trying to lose, but I'll take it.
Dh will weigh this morning too so I hope he sees another loss.

Cardio today. I think it's a Hiit ! lol

We have more snow coming ......I'm not happy about it, but can't change it, so will just DEAL !

will bb after workout.

Becky

Morning

Angie there is always Disney World. I know what you mean CTX is funny just like MIS. I thought MIS was like meso 2 but sometimes she does 16reps.

Lisa my church is having it's yearly Valentines high-fat dinner for singles but I think that I'll skip that this year. It's funny how valentines day and then mardi gra comes first and then lent. It's like eat and party yourself silly...and then fast.:D

Kate heart shaped meat loaf sounds so nice. Any more ideas?

I have AS and MIS chest work today.

Becky, WTG on the ##!
We have snow coming too! We'd better at least get a school delay out of this! :D Ours is supposed to come tmrw.

Robin, Nice WO ahead!
I'll put my thinkin' cap on for more Vday meal ideas!

-
Got my stretch done - I am so addicted to this. It feels so good. I did a massive-hard one last ngiht for an hour and MAN! I felt 2" taller after doing it!

Time to get my girls rollin;!

Morning ladies! I am working on Meso 2 chest/sho/tris as we speak - 60 seconds rest seems like a lot!

Valentine's Day plans - Collin is going to my mom's house, and Chris and I are going to Williamsburg for a few kid-free nights. I am most excited about the shopping - they have great outlets there!

My office and daycare are opening a little late today, so I am taking my time this morning. Good thing, since this disk is 65 minutes!

Robin, WO sounds great today!
Becky, how much more snow are you supposed to get? ^5 on the 2#!
Kate, great day planned! Your themed dinner sounds adorable!
Angie, 2 weeks without structured activity? Collin (and Mommy) would go nuts! Good luck finding something to keep them occupied - at least they have each other!
Lisa, sorry about the funk - I can relate unfortunately. Awesome job on sticking with P90X!

good morning ladies. quickie here -i woke up early on my own, so i did 10 wonderful miles outside. need to do abs and maybe yoga again later. eats will be super duper clean today. i feel like i am on a roll.

angie, enjoy the game, and thanks for the recipe.

akte, i am trying those pork chops tonight.

katie, enjoy the later morning.

robin, the church thing might be fun if you had a few girls to go with perhaps?

becky, fantastic with the weight loss!

hi lisa.

gotta get breakfast. bbl

Morning!

Tired this am-I stayed up late watching Emma on Masterpiece Classic:) I just love Jane Austen! I didn't work out yesterday:( And I ate bad-lots of pizza and chocolate. Back on the C&T train today! I'm going to do yesterday's workout today then start Meso 2 on Wednesday. Gotta get the Valentine's goodies for the girls' class parties today and there's ance tonight.

Angie, that spaghetti pie looks yummy! What are you using for your "Meso 2"? What a bummer about no fun stuff to do while the girls are on break. We have Friday and Monday off:)

Lisa, way to go on P90X! You're almost there! No plans for V-Day here. Darrin will be goin gup north again. We may go to my aunt's bakery for a heart shaped treat:)

Kate, have fun in school today! So jealous of the step class!

Becky, hope dh sees some positive results this mornin. We're getting snow tomorrow-maybe we can finally go sledding! Have a great workout!

Robin, I have to work at my aunt's bakery on Fat Tuesday!:eek::eek: Talk about sugar fest! Have a good workout!

Katie, I love Meso 2-even with the longer breaks. Your weekend sounds awesome!

ugh....Can't work at Kgarten. My mom canceled on me for babysitting Julia and there's no one else to do it. Where's my Magic Fairy when I need her?!

Katie, I love fun outlet shopping!
Enjoy your longer morning and have a great WO!

Nina, Making the slits in the fat is super improtant so the chops don't curl and buckle. that recipe is so good!
^5 to your "roll"!:p:p:p

Klaudia, Sorry for the bad eats - but you're right - get back on it! Have a fun day!

morning ladies! busy w'end and not the best eating yday for superbowl... and my elbow is HORRIBLE. worse every day, if thats possible. now i cant bend it at certain angles without terrible pain. DRs office open in 45 mins and i am counting! if they have an appt now i will gladly skip the gym and head over there instead! otherwise its step class this am.

angie, spaghetti pie soundslike somthing myfam would love! i liked CTX weights a lot but the cardio did not love my knee at the time i attempted the rotation and i moved on quickly.

klaudia, i cant help it but all i think of is cookie monster as allistair cookie on monsterpiece theatre!!!! pls tell me you remember that.

nina, nice run! what yoga are you doing? isyourcalf 100%?

katie, kid-free sounds good, enjoy =) shopping, too. trying to save shopping for when i lose all the weight as my big reward but i did buy a pair of lucy yoga pants on sale this wkend. XL unfortunately but price was right. plus the laundry is always full of my sweaty workout clothes LOL.

kate, i requested some classical stretch from the library after hearing you rave about it! will i feel 2" taller also?? lol, that would make me 5'2" =)

robin, thats nice your church has a singles thing but too bad its full of fatty food. Is MIS the one that comes with Rhythmic Step?

becky, congrats on the lbs! hopeful for your dh, too. sorry for more snow, unbelievable, that whole storm y'all got wiped out with never made it to boston. but im sure something else is on the way any second!

lisa, cant believe youve stuck with p90x this long, WTG! cupcakes sound likea great idea!

Oh, Wendy! You will loooove CS! At least I hope so! It's such active, powerful stretching and the more you do it the deeper you can get into it.
So sorry abt your elbow! Sounds very painful! Hope your doc can get you in. If not, have fun @ step!
I remember Monsterpiece Theater! I oved it!

Awwwwww Kate, I wish I could take Julia !!!!!!!!!!! I'd watch her for you in a second !!

No weight loss this week for DH but honestly he didn't seem too upset about it, so that's good. I was afraid he'd get frustrated and want to ditch the whole thing.
He needs to do a little walking but in this weather it's not gonna happen.
This morning it was minus 1 when we got up !

Snow tonight, then snow Tues & Wed. and everyone is predicting a different amount. I've seen as small as 4" and as high as 8 or 9 ! So I guess we'll just wait and be surprised again !

Pyramid Hiit is done and I'll probably add on abs later.

Kate, I want Athletic CS now ........which Purre Barre do you recommend ??

Becky

Thanks for the offer to babysit, Becky!;):) Wish I could take you up on it!
I'm glad DH isn't discouraged by the scale!
That Pyr HIIT is the hardest I think. It's my and Laura's favorite!
Pure Barre - get Pershing Square 1 or 2. They are both equally hard. YOWZA HARD. DOMS for days and days kind of hard.:D:cool::eek: And you can't go wrong with any CS DVD! I'm a bad enabler this AM, aren't I?!:p The Flexibility WO for Athletes is crazaaay! Love it!

Hi everyone!

Got back from Raleigh last night. Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Will be back this evening to catch up & for personals.

Clintonya

Good Morning Everyone!

Well I tried to venture out to work but the roads are terrible. I thought it would get better when I got to the interstate but it was just as bad. They did not plow the snow off the roads and it refroze last night. What isn't frozen is a slushy mess. I decided to come back home because I don't want to deal with it in the dark tonight. My ankle is improving which is good. I did MMA boxing minus the jumping drills. I just did kicks during those moves. I also did shovelmax. The plow came back last night and plowed all this snow on our driveway. I guess he couldn't tell where the road ended.

Klaudia, here is the recipe http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/three-bean-and-beef-chili-recipe/index.html - she calls it confetti chili in her cookbook but three bean chili on food network. Same recipe. It was really good but we did add another chipotle in adobo and some chili powder.
Angie, I have never had spaghetti pie. My mom's specialty was her mac & cheese. Yummy. Enjoy the superbowl - it was a good game.
Kate, sorry the babysitting fell through. I hope I isn't too disappointed.
Katie, sounds like you have a nice Valentine's day planned. Enjoy!
Lisa, Valentine's Day is my birthday but we usually just make a special dinner at home. Not sure what we are doing this year.
Wendy, I hope the dr. figures out your elbow problem. Sounds painful!
Robin, I am trying to stay off my ankle as much as possible but it is tough. It is getting better so I am hopeful that I will be jumping by next week.
Becky, ^5 on the weight loss. ikwym about the snow. We are supposed to get 3-6 inches tomorrow night.
Nina, yoga sounds so nice. Maybe I'll do Tracey's floorwork tonight.

Have a great day!

Clintonya welcome back and how did it go?

Kate the athletic stretch is one of the workouts that I want.

Becky -1 degrees:eek::eek:. Glad DH is taking it in stride.

Wendy sorry about your elbow. Let's us know what the doctor thinks. MIS comes with Power Hour.

Nina great run today!

Klaudia I would love to work in a bakery. It must be busy on Fat Tues.

Katie good plans for valentine day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.