***cLEAN-eating peeps *** thursday***

SNOW DAY TODAY!!!!!
We got 2 more inches last night and they called off school before I even went to bed. How cool is THAT?! So WHY am I up so blasted early?!

Jenn & Colleen, saw you posts last night. GLad you made it in!
Jenn, Glad you had a rest day. Mine was yesterday too, and boy did I need it.
Colleen, Glad you got a nice dinner out with DH. THat brownie sundae sounds AWESOME!!! I would love a decadent cheat but I've had too many little ones.

Steph, We are ACHING for Reuven details!!! Can you move today?

My menu is so up in the air. I would like to get some errands done so maybe we'll eat lunch out, maybe we'll eat dinner out, maybe BOTH will be out. Will keep it clean no matter what. I have to go to the main office to do payroll too.
I would *like* to do my workout this morning after breakfast. Hopefully DDs will cooperate. I'm going to do Pyramids Bonus Combo. I want to get total body weights done and figured this oughtta do the job. I've never done this premix but I think Shirl recommended it.

Shirl, I will post my DVDs in a minute I hope. I can hear DDs giggling in their bedroom......

DO NOT FORGET to drink your WATER!!!!!

Hi Kate!! Why on earth are you up, if the munchkins don't have to go to school today?

I have a big case management meeting at work this morning -- I am nervous that we are going to get fussed at. We have the state commission office coming in April to audit our files, and if things are wrong we get written up. So we are starting now to go thru our files to get them cleaned up and ready. Still, it just makes me nervous to have someone else digging thru my work and scrutinizing...

Collin had a temp around 100 last night before bed, not sure what it up with that. I know a lot of stuff is going around in my area, but I really hope he is not sick!! I will take it again when he gets up, then make a decision. I really cannot afford to miss work right now.

Workout will be PLB, Menu as follows...

B cereal
S apples, string cheese
L grilled chicken and veggies
S banana, FO bar
D shephard's pie

Okay, Shirly Girl, Here goes nothing:

Cardio Kicks, Circuit Max
Kick Max
Low Max
S&H
Muscle Max
Low Impact Step, Total Body Sculpting
Basic Step
Cardio & Weights
SuperSets, Push Pull
Power Hour
CoreMax
Stretch Max
Butts & Guts
Rhy.Step
Imax 1,2,3
Max. Instensity Cardio
GS - all
High Step Training
Kick, punch, crunch
legs & glutes
HS Challenge
Boot camp
Muscle Endurance
Step, jump, & pump
Step Blast
DrillMax
BM2
Cardio Fusion
Low Impact Circuit
4DS

*****DH is NOT impressed with this list!!!:7

Here's what I'm thinking.
I like to lift in the daytime. Reason being, I like to have my larabar after I lift. When I workout at night I feel terrible about having that amount of calories at 9 pm (or later sometimes). Try as I might I just cannot NOT EAT during the day to save up for those nighttime calories. Waking up at 5 (or earlier, like today), I need my cals before 9! (Let me know if you think this is bunk/how I could do the clas at night anyway) (Is any of this making sense?!)

So.... If I am to lift in the daytime these days are best:
Thursdays, Saturdays, Sundays

Wednesdays are my typically my rest days, however I could probably squeeze in a 30 min. cardio if needed and make a different day my rest day. Personally, my Wednesdays are so busy I wish a different day could be my rest day so I could enjoy the "rest" more. Does that make sense?

I was thinking about lifting UB 2x/wk. Actually, it would be nice ......well, nevermind. I would even try to lift a 4th day (Tues. maybe???) I really want to focus on lifting. My favorite type of lifting is Pyramids and Muscle Max. Power Hour is lots of fun too. I don't (think) I like splitting up my lifting too much (think GS. I like these, however I just couldn't *get into* the last rotation I did with them. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mond set. I think I could be now. Ireally want to focus on lifting.)

I've likely rambled long enough. Thanks for your help!

ETA: Saturdays I can devote extra time/workouts can be a little longer.

Are you sure you wnat to do this!!!!???

Maybe Thursday total body, Sat. UB, Sun LB, Tues - circuit?? MOnday or Wed or Fri cardio?? M or W or F - rest day????
Sorry to be so lengthy/picky!

Katie, I'm up for some crazy reason those goons can't sleep (probably because they are coughing like MAD! - they aren't really sick but they both have a wicked cough)

Hope work goes good for you today...if youget to go. Could Chris stay w/ Collin for at least part of the day. Hope your little guy is feeling better!

Enjoy PLB. Your menu looks great. You've been doing awesome!

Have a great day everybody!

Hey Peeps!

Did someone say Brownie Sundae? I better not have any brownies because on friday I have pampered chef party to go to (maybe I'll just email her my order, so I won't be temped to eat junk food). Then on Sat we have the sock-hop.

Enjoy your pyramids Cleopatra-s. They are fun.

I hope Collin is not getting sick.

Kate you are too funny :D wasn't it easier to pick a rotation when we only had 3 or 4 Cathe DVDs.

Last night I did not sleep well, becuase I did not w/o yesterday. So this morning I got up and did S&H bi, tri, core. Great w/o!!!

b-oatmeal with blueberries
s-fruit and crackers
l-salad and chicken or tuna
s?
d-?

Check out my dream puppy ;-) Toby the Goldendoodle

http://dailypuppy.com/index.php?itemid=1683

Robin, I feel the same way about the PC parties! The sock hop will be super fun. What's the occasion? Glad you had a good workout. Some friends of ours have a goldendoodle - too cute!

Breakfast was Kashi and a banana. Skim milk.

Headed down for my Cleopatra workout!;) You're funny, Robin!

Robin, that puppy is CUTE!

Kate, which days does Isabel (one L or two?) have preschool??

Checking Collin's temp again right now... It was 98.9 under the arm (so 99.9 according to what they say...) first thing this morning. 98.2 just now under the arm (so 99.2??). I'm not sure how accurate my thermometer is. I guess I will send him to school and just deal with it if they call me. If they send him home today, he can't go back tomorrow...

Check back at lunch, maybe sooner if preschool calls.

Katie, Hope Collin does okay today. Temperatures are so frustrating, aren't they?

Isabel goes to preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:15 to 11:15. Next year it will be MWF 9-11:30. A little more freedom for mama. And my Gina will be in FIRST GRADE, which means she'll be gone all day! ;( I miss not working and being home with my babies all day long.... Oh well. We have it pretty good right now too. There's somehting pretty wonderful about bigger-kid independence.

Good Morning Peeps!

Kate, This is going to be fun! What are your specific goals? Would it be difficult to workout in am and pm on some days? How often do you want to include CS? Do you like premixes? I sometimes, well alot of times, prefer the premixes over the regular workout. I will schedule weights on those days and I wouldn't want to eat a larabar that late either.

Robin, That puppy is sooooo cute. My Mom is wants a puppy; I have to show her that puppy. Her sweet, golden retriever had cancer and had to be put to sleep this past fall. It makes me cry thinking about him. He was such a wonderful dog but my Mom wants a smaller dog. Good job with the workout. Praying for you and your children; being a single Mom is tough. (((hugs)))

Katie, I hope Collin is not sick. DD had a fever last night too. She's not up yet, so we'll see how she is today. It is nerve racking when someone has to look through your files. Hope the meeting goes well today.

Workout - Power yoga for happiness - AHHHH

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

I just read yesterday posts. Thanks ladies. And yes my DH pasted away 4 years ago from plural-pneumonia (sp?). Thanks ladies for the hugs and support.

Sock Hop is for Black History Month. Really it was suppose to be for the girl scouts thing but it ballooned into this big celebration at my church.

Hey Jenn do you make your own sushi?

Colleen I hope you day goes well at work.

Robin, What is plural-pneumonia? Did he suffer long? Do your kids remember him much? If its too hard to talk about just ignore this.

Shirl, Thanks so much! I'm glad you're excited about it. I was worried you'd look at my rambling and go "yikes!". Goals are to keep leaning out while getting more definition. Not looking to be body-builder huge, but some more muscle would be nice. My UB tones very easily (if I just keep my mouth shut!). My shoulders and chest are pretty defined, my chicken legs are solid. Gut area needs help - duh. I could workout in the AM if it were no more than 30 minutes. DH leaves for work at 5:30 and I need to be done shortly after that and I'm NOT waking up before 5!!! Thursdays I usually don't work at preschool so I can workout for about an hour (9:30-10:45), maybe a little more (depends if Isabel cries or not when I'm trying to leave!). So on Th I could do 2 sessions if needed, the other being after DDs go to bed.

Here's a list of possible workout times for me:
(after DDs go to bed I would have unlimited time, though my energy usually lasts about an hour!)
(any weekday AM I can do 30 min cardio before DH goes to work)
I could possibly do workouts during the day on Monday but its a little harder w/ DDs around
T - has to be at night
W - rest or 30 min cardio in AM or early afternoon
TH - big chance to lift while Isabel is at preschool, can workout at night too
f - can do probably no more than 45 minutes in the afternoon, unlimited at night
sat - anytime!
sun - afternoon or evening

CS I could literally make time to do nearly every day. I love it.
And yes, I love premixes!

Well, I think that should take care of it.
Oh - We're going out of town this weekend so rotation could start Sunday evening (after bedtimes) or Monday anytime. THanks!
Hope you are all happy after power-yogaing!:7

I just finished the Pyramid combo premix. This was a good one! I feel thoroughly worked. Had my larabar and Gina didn't finish her apple granola bar so I polished off part of that. No more eating til lunch!!! Will have something with chicken!

STEPH!!!!! So glad Reuven gave you a good hard time!:7 ;-) I bet you can't wait to go back! Sorry you missed the Thursdaypost! Guess I shouldn't try to make the title fancy!

Shirl, Just wanted to say I'm sorry I have so many wierd schedule stipulations! Life is kinda crazy right now.
Thank you SO MUCH for doing this!

Steph:
That's okay - we found ya anyway!
How is your day going? Having a good one?

We are in the middle of puzzle-mania. I'm ignoring everything I should be doing.
Need to start getting things packed for vacation!!!!
Speaking of which...I can't decide if I should take some Cathes with me to do (KB / HiLo, etc) or just bring CS and call it a couple of rest days before Shirl's bootcamp for me! Any opinions?

Lunch is going to be chicken tortilla soup, corn muffin, apple slices. yum! Then.... a nap!!

>Shirl, Just wanted to say I'm sorry I have so many wierd
>schedule stipulations! Life is kinda crazy right now.
>Thank you SO MUCH for doing this!

Don't be sorry, it makes it easier for me to make up a rotation. It's important that it works for you. What are your favorite and least favorite workouts? IIRC HSTA is not a favorite.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

hello!

Today is so far, so good, despite the snow. Have to run across the street for a meeting, which sounds easy, but literally, we got almost 5ft of snow in places. I lost my pug this morning in a snowbank.

For all of you 80's music lovers, a friend of my colleage made a great documentary about it, he goes to England and tries to find Roger Taylor of Duran Duran! Let me know if you want to see it, its online, its about an hour though.
Steph

Shirl - OOH! favorites!
Muscle Max
Cardio & Weights
Supersets
Push Pull
Power Hour
B&G
Rhy. Step
legs & glutes
HS Challenge
Imax 3 (I leave out some blasts/modify)
Muscle Endurance
StepBlast
DrillMax
BM2
C.Fusion
Low Impact Circuit
4DS
Pyramids

Steph, Too funny about the pug!! Hope you find your way back from the meeting. Isn't it so pretty to get all this snow? I would love to watch the documentary but my internet is sssllllooowww and it would take forever.

Storymax with the girls.....

Had lunch and added some pb to my apple slices. That stuff is so good...and addicting. Didn't have too much though.

Just got DDs down for a nap..hopefully a long one. They were up SO EARLY today and they fell asleep in literally a minute for naps! I would *lovelove* to take a nap too but I have so much to do to get ready to leave tomorrow.

Can't decide if PM snack should be Kashi bar or another apple. Dinner will probably be Kashi frozen chicken/balckbean/grain thing. Steph, which would be a better choice?

Hoping to do CS this afternoon or tonight.

Kate, I would get burnt out on apples if I ate them all the time like that!!

Amazon has a digital ear thermometer for $45 -- should I buy it? I am so sick of having to hold Collin to take him temp under his arm, which takes about 3 minutes with the crap I have. Plus I think it is not accurate. Should I buy it??

See what I mean about my debit card being ON FIRE?!?!?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.