***clean*and*tidy*funday*monday***

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

Hope all had a great weekend. My mom never made it out and I don't think she is going to try today. We are just going to reschedule for another time. It is the bummer about non-rev travel.

So, I just finished my chest and tricep workout. Pyramid work through and then up again. Then GS drop sets and close grip presses. Holy smokes! My entire upper body is shaking! I am LOVING this rotation. If I do dare say so, FF is turning me into a heavy weight lifter. Now, I just hope if I can get my eats under control that I will see some results! I want definition so badly! Next month I think I am going to try her leg blast rotation. I really need to tone up my legs. Unfortunately, I HATE leg work so that will be rough for me but, again, it's about results, right??

OK, gotta get dressed and go get the kids for lunch. I'll check in again when I can!!

Angie, Bummer for your mom!
FF knows her stuff for sure! And for legs, I used to hate it and avoid it but I find the more I do it the more I love it. Good luck! HOORAY on loving weights!

-
Laura and I did a great Ins WO last night. Going to do some UB weights today - Pyramids maybe! Lots of little things to do today - better get started!

Clintonya, We want details on the recitals!!!:D

Morning ladies! I am tired - it's chilly and rainy and Collin was up in the middle of the night with a tummy ache and so I didn't sleep well. After I finally got back in bed, I laid there for awhile fighting off the heaves:confused:

Off to work in a few minutes - which should be interesting, since I crashed my computer on Friday:( I have a TON of work to do and no computer to do it on. Should be interesting...

Angie, I am so glad you are liking your rotation. That is exactly the kind of stuff my body responds to the best. And about the leg blast rotation... Not sure which one you are considering (I think there are a couple), but the one with all GS plus a second LB workout each week is THA BOMB. I have never been in better shape in my life as when I do that rotation. I was like you - not crazy about LB work, and after that rotation I LOVED it!

Kate, your workouts sound great! I looked at your Disney pics on facebook - looks like so much fun! Collin would LOVE meeting all of those princesses!:rolleyes::p

Morning Kate! I really hope that I can get to a point where I love leg work because my legs need a lot of work.;) I'm jealous of your insanity sessions with Laura. I think it would be so fun to work out with a friend or family member.

Katie, how was the rest of your weekend? Have things cooled off with Chris? Sorry you were up in the night. Hope Collin is feeling better today. Ugh on the dry heaves. Is that leg rotation one of FF's? I'll double check the one I'm considering. It sounds good!

Kids are home, lunch in the oven and I need to make a grocery list. Haven't gone "real" shopping for 3 weeks and we are suffering so I have to go this pm.

BBL...

Katie, Hope your day treats you well! Oh, the heaves are awful - just about paralyzes me the whole 1st tri! Hope C is ok! Good luck at work!

Angie, It is SO much more fun to do Insanity w/ Laura than by myself! I def push myself harder.
I need to do some menu planning for the week and figure out what to buy too.

Got a quiet shower in the morning......just about my favorite way to start the day!
I keep dreaming of our vacation in July!:D I cannot wait!

Laura and I are on a weight-loss mission. We are wanting to lose 8-10 pounds by mid-July. Going to email each other our food and we WILL be hard on each other. I can count on her to yell at me for bad choices & she knows I'll do the same for her. Wish us luck!

Katie, that one looks really good. I'm considering this one because she talks about leaning your legs out instead of building muscle. I have pretty "big" legs (this is where pants don't fit me) so this one appeals to me too: http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1741525#post1741525

Kate, I am so with you on the 8-10# by mid July. We leave July 30 for our cruise so I have some WORK to do!

Does anyone have some decent veg. recipes? We are going to go meatless for a while - still eat fish but not chicken or beef. Need some good ideas. I have never cooked this way before!

Good Morning Girls !

This morning it's dreary, drizzling and cool. Not a very cheerful looking Monday.

I had decided to go to the chiropractor and this morning I feel better again. Still, I think I'll "rest" again this week with cardio only , no weights . It's a shame because I was really seeing improvements from heavier lifting and now, a setback. :(

Anyway, so I'll do some cycling this morning.

Angie, sorry about your Mom. I know it's a disappointment.
Kate, I bet you're exhausted after your weekend ! Awesome that you found the energy to workout last night!!
Katie, hope you feel better today, and Collin too !

Time to workout.......!

Angie, Do you have a veggie taco recipe? YUM!

Becky, I hope that trap continues to heal! How frustrating! Hope you have a good spin this AM! Laura and I were talking about wanting to find a spin class but I think we'd have to join a gym for it. Boo.

Healthy bfast under my belt - omelet w/ bacon, green pepper, & mushrooms.

Good Morning Everyone!

I was so busy yesterday that I couldn't wait for dinner so that I could sit down. We got some much needed house stuff done which was good. Plus the normal Sunday stuff. I am counting down to Memorial Day weekend because I really need a long weekend. This morning's workout was HSTA. I haven't done that one in ages and it was a lot of fun except for all of those leg presses.

Angie, sorry about the meat issue in France. Do you like tofu? I have a lot of recipes that use tofu since DH was a vegetarian when we met. Also CE magazine has some good ones. Here is one I made a couple of months ago and it was tasty (I added tofu too):
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...dles-with-lime-peanut-sauce-recipe/index.html (if you need the nutritional info, let me know. I have her cookbook and it is published there).
Kate, I would like to do kettlebells more but I haven't figured out how to get them into my regular rotation. That is so great you have a weight loss partner. You will definitely lose the weight. I still have not checked out the disney pics. Hopefully today.
Becky, have fun cycling this morning. Hope the chiro helps your trap.
Katie, sorry about the lack of sleep. I hate it when my computer crashes. Too bad they can't give you a loaner while they fix yours.

b: buff smoothie, scrambled eggs
l: out with coworkers but hopefully grilled chicken salad
s: watermelon, almonds
d: tuna, green beans, ww couscous

Hi everyone!

It’s a raining Monday here too! The recitals went great! Friday & Saturday we didn’t get to sleep until after 1:00am, but we all made it through!! They both did well and had a good time! I need to get some work done, but I will read and catch up later today.

Clintonya

I did a 45 minute iCYCLE with Keith - 15 miles.

Showered and had my breakfast smoothie and ughhhhhh where did my motivation go ???
I did start laundry but now I just want to SIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Busy day here. TTOM is driving me up a wall and Ellie is all kinds of whiny. Groc store was good but busy.

Becky, sorry about your trap. I really hope the chiro can help you out. Great job with the spin!

Colleen, thanks for the recipes. Not sure about tofu, bought some but have never tried it. I like HSTA and as much as I don't like leg work, I like leg presses!

Clintonya, glad the girsl enjoyed their recitals! So fun!! Hope the sun comes out for you.

Hi Katie! Thanks for the page 2 rescue. :)

Colleen, Hope your lunch out is fun! Nice going on a productive weekend!

Clintonya, Glad the weekend was a success! No more dnace til fall?

Becky, Nice job on your bike ride!

Katie, Thanks for the rescue! How's your computer-less day going?

Angie, Boy, I do NOT miss TTOM! Hope your evening improves for you!

-
I guess I'm channeling BEcky - my shoulder started to bother me after we were at the groc store. NOt sure if it was Insane pushups last night or J in the front pack, or both. So I skipped weights and did CS Flexibility for Athletes for an hour instead. Soooooo good! The more you do it the deeper you can get into the stretch. That is a serious WO, man! Eats are clean - L & I have been in touch to keep each other accountable!

Anne!!!! Did TCB go home? We need some details! You got a ring on yo' finger yet?!

hi gals! just back from the cardio/balls and bands class and ive got to get JJ down for a nap so we can have some sort of afternoon outing. I'm going back to the gym for combat class tonight.

colleen, i hate leg presses almost as much as lunges!! ugh, i am really just a lb weight hater...

kate, partnering with laura is super smart! i wish i had someone at home that was into it.

angie, do you like lentils and beans? you could do a big indian daal once a week or a big pot of black bean soup. I saw the recipe posted on cathe's blog for sweet potato and black bean chili, that looked FAB. Baked tofu is another idea that is simple and easy -- bake up a bunch of tofu (or even grill it) and then you have it for the week to put on salads and such.

hi becky, clintonya, katie!!!!!

gotta run -- DH just came in and said LETS GO TO SF AGAIN!!!!! gotta pack!

Wendy, WTG on the class today & Have a GREAT class tonight! It's actually YOUR BL challenge thats motivating me & Laura and kicking us in the rear. I found one at a local hospital & told Mike I want to do it. He laughed and said they wouldn't let me join! So Laura & I decided to do our own.:p
I'm green w/ envy of your SF getaway again! :D How long will you be gone for?

I was going to go to Target with Laura but Ju slept too long so well just hang here and save our money!:p

Hellllloooooo, clean eaters! Everybody on the wagon?! I'M DRIVIN' IT BABY!!!!

Went to Target with my big girls and got Julia some uber-cute jammies. Poor thing - her little tum was hangin' out! Kinda like her mama! :p:p:p:p:p:p

HA Kate !!!!!!! Cute story but NO WAY about J's mama's tum hangin' out !!!!!!!!!!! We KNOW better !!!!;):p:p

I just had a snack but it was healthy.......greek yogurt with strawberries and blackberries. Dinner was egg beaters with mushrooms and spinach . Am trying to pay attention to getting enough fruits & veggies and lot's of water.

Kev & I had a short walk through the neighborhood tonight. Probably just 20 minutes, but at least it was something.

Nighty night !

Becky, YUMMY eats your way! Speaking of veggies I've got some yummy pico de gallo to dump on my eggs in the morning! MMMM! Good for you guys on the walk too! I *need* to get drinking my water again! I am always so good about it but vacation threw me off - tomorrow I'll get my ice water first thing after getting out of bed. Thanks for the reminder!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.