***Cheetahs in the Den this Wednesday***

So the power went out here last night 5 minutes before my Groove class ended. It left us in a practically pitch black gym! :eek: I had DS with me. He was in the dark in the daycare room and didn't freak out. That's my boy. :) It was a bit nutty trying to grab him and get outta there safely as the gym was crowded at the time and ofcourse everyone was trying to leave. The parking lot was crazy and the street lights were out so it was hard for the cars to see us so it was like playing dodgeball with reversing cars as we were walking to the car. :eek::eek: It took me about 45 minutes (it's a 10 min drive normally) to get back home because there were almost no lights working at the intersections to the major highways we live by. I ended up having to navigate a highway intersection with no light and no cops! SCAREY STUFF! :eek:Thank goodness there wasn't lots of traffic! We picked up DH and drove to a part of town where there was light and had dinner. Thankfully the power was back in our area in about 2 hours time but they said it could take as much as a couple of days to restore complete power. Apparently a major substation blew up. Most of my county and some of another lost power. Never a dull moment. :p

No personals to catch up on. Going to do PUB (with abs) and 100 k-bell swings this morning and then hope to hit Centergy at 10:30.

BBL.

Last edited:
Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...Drew is another guy that allegedly killed his wife. He lives in the Chicago area. I am sure he is guilty. I didn't know you had a computer crash, those are no fun. Training with TNT will probably be fun...Sorry about the power outage last night. Glad Joey was not scared. Enjoy your workout today.

Christine...Yes it has been foggy here, weird. Looks like we will get some rain this weekend. I know we can use it and a lot more. Hope you enjoyed the rest day yesterday. How are the sore legs today?

Linda...We are supposed to be getting real cold here. Hopefully some rain this weekend. Good job with the 6 miles and GS workout. Sounds like a fun series. I am not a fan of 5K's myself. I think that comes from distance training! Definitely warming up for awhile before the 5K will help.

Shelly...I do have most of the iClimbs and I want and many of the iTreads. So I really don't need anymore. The fog was really cold to run in. I wore a new cold weather top that DH got me from Cabelas on Monday in the fog, it kept me very warm and comfy. Sometimes I can talk myself into getting through those events I don't like. This time for the shower, it worked..:)

Dallas...sorry DS got pink eye. Hope the meds clear things up soon. I hope you can run soon. Glad the MT is helping. IA about Caylee's Mom too, very sad story.

Jackie...We have a marathon near here in Sacramento that is usually a good qualifier for Boston as the course is fairly flat and fast. I have qualified doing this course, although it was awhile back! I bet Dick's will have some samples of sports drinks. Who makes the SWAT workout?

Today is 4DS C&B, abs and a 5 mile interval run.

Have a great day...:)

Morning Ladies,

I slept in on purpose. I was just too tired to get up for a 4A workout. I'm about to workout now. I was watching the news about our lovely Governor. :rolleyes: Illinois is so corrupt. :( It will be cardio and legs. The hip is feeling pretty good, so it will be an abbreviated version of what I'd normally do. I'll see how that goes. :)

Wendy ~ Glad you're feeling better and made it home safely. That would be scary driving with no stop lights. 100 swings!!? Is that non-stop? Have fun at your Centergy class again? What kind of class is that again?

Carole ~ Oh, the pink eye is no big deal. I knew once we got the drops going, it would clear up quickly. Now, having DS keep his fingers out of his eyes so that he doesn't infect the whole house is another story. :rolleyes: I was more worried about that cough. Two days on the nebulizer, he sounded better this AM. I sent him to school today, I hope that wasn't a mistake? Great workout plan! Are you done with your Christmas shopping?

Brighton ~ Hang in there. It's been tough times in the den. :( (((HUGS)))

Laura ~ I didn't realize you were in Africa?!!? How's the weather for training? I'd love to get outside and run, heck, I'd love to run. ;) Soon! Where is your race again? Glad your Internet is back up. I was having some troubles y-day. :confused:

Jackie ~ Luckily, it was a dusting of snow. :) Yeah, I'm glad my chiro is athletic...he strongly supports "get moving and stay moving". Obviously, he doesn't want me to do anything stupid to prolong it though. ;) It is hard to get it all in. How are your legs feeling since the race?

Linda ~ I could see how that Wave would be hard to get used to. In physical therapy I was having trouble balancing on this circular thing. ha ha One foot at a time, of course. ;)

Well, I think that catches me up. Better get to it...another busy day. Aren't they all, during this time of the year!?!

Have a great day! Hi to all who follow. :)

Good morning!

Wendy - Sounds like you and little Joey had some excitement last night! Glad you got out of the Gym and lot without everyone panicking or getting hurt! Good job on your workout! You did great yesterday, foodwise, too! I am embarrased to tell you mine :O
Breakfast: Fiber One Raisin Bran Clusters with some walnuts (skim milk)
Snack - Fiber One Peanut Butter Bar and apple
Lunch - Nachos :O :O They were homemade chips with ground beef, cheese, black olives, jal. peppers, bannana peppers and salsa.
Snack : a handfull of no butter popcorn
Dinner: Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad. But only ate a little of this because the dressing was horrible!

Carole - I will definitely have to warm up really well! One good thing....it is supposed to be in the 50's for the high on SUnday! That will be great! Hope you get some rain and that it doesn't get too cold for you! I think Drew Peterson is guilty, too! There are so many of those jerks that seem to be getting away with killing their wives! And then...poor little Caylee Anthony! Gosh :( I had better not get started on that! Enjoy your run and GS's!

BBL!

Hey to everyone!

Oh - last night I ran 3 miles, did GS Legs (all) and abs from Firm Vol 1

Linda

Last edited:
Dallas - Hey Girl! We must have been posting at the same time! I hear ya on the not feeling like getting up at 4:00 a.m.! I have been working out in the eve. for the past couple of weeks quiet a bit...I just cannot bring myself to get up! I have been listening about the governor. I am not quite sure I understand it all.! Politics :( Glad the hip is feeling better! Enjoy your work out!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Laura - Glad you're feeling better. I do about 3 ab workouts per week. Feel like I need it. That neighborhood party sounds like lots of fun and with yummy treats too. Hope the internet behaves for you.

Brighton - So nice that your friend has you and others to offer support. Don't worry about the workouts and posting. I'm sure you'll get back on track soon.

Wendy - Yes, I remember you doing the SWAT workouts. I only bought the one for $5 on deepdiscount.com. Oh, no, I didn't sign up for the Winter Series. That was Linda. I'm not ready to do any more hard training just yet. Even though my RP says he'll be ready for another half by March. All I could say was "that soon, huh?" :D Those series do whip you into shape though. What a fiasco at the gym last night. Glad you made it home safely.

Carole - Do you own a heavy coat? You probably don't have too much use for one but was curious. The course we did Saturday had some rolling hills but other than that it was a good one to qualify on. SWAT workouts are by Tom Stroup aka Commander Tom. Enjoy your UB workout and run!

Dallas - Yes, your wonderful Governor. If we didn't know how to pronounce his name correctly, we will now. Didn't realize his approval rating was so bad. This too shall pass. Hope the hip cooperates with your workout today. Legs are getting better every day. May be ready for a run by Saturday. Will see.

Linda - I tried the Fiber One Bars and really like them. Good job with the workout yesterday. How's DD?

Cathy - Where are you?

Karen - How are things going?

Hello to all others.

Today's workout was 10 minutes on the elliptical, Shred 1, finished up Cool It Off Express and did a little foam rolling. OUCH! Soreness is slowly leaving.

Happy Hump Day!!

Jackie - Good job on your workout! What did you think of Shred? I liked it when I did it...I need to try it again! DD is hanging in there! She goes twice a week to her "high risk" doctor and then every other week to her OB/GYN and EOW to her Endocrinologist. She is sticking to a really low fat diet, so hasn't had any bad attacks lately. She isn't gaining much weight at all. She is tall, but very tiny (except her belly is growing!) They said the baby is doing great! Knock on wood....things are pretty good :) THanks for asking! I love the Fiber One Bars, too!

Jackie: Oh gosh, I'm all confused. :confused: LOL about your reaction to your RP's readiness to run another half come March! Who knows...perhaps he'll convince you! ;) I third the love of Fiber One bars! :)

Linda: Some days eating really well is just not in the cards. Trust me I know! Take it one day at a time and do the best you can. I admit to having it easier since I do not work full time. I do not have to worry about packing a full lunch plus snacks every day! That being said I still make a mockery of my eating many a time! I am home with the sugary snacks I buy for DS and DH and man o man do they taunt me!!!! :eek:

Dallas: Well in theory, yes, it's non-stop but it's something to work up to. I did NOT do them non-stop today. I actually did them in sets of 20 between PUB bodyparts to make a circuit of sorts out of it. The next time I will do 20 reps X 5 sets (with rest periods) either all before or all after my weight work and try to work up to 100 with out resting. Then 200....:) Saw the story on your Gov last night. What politician is NOT corrupt? Is there one!?!? LOL :rolleyes:

Carole: Okay yes now I remember!!!! I saw that story when it first broke but lost track of it as of late. Thanks for the reminder. I am hoping training with TNT will be fun and motivating for me. Infact, I am counting on it!!! ;) Enjoy your work out!:)

My work out is done. Once I'm done eating my snack it's house cleaning time! (Yes, I blew off Centergy class after all. :p)

Linda,

Figured I'd post my eats while I can still remember them! :p

*protein shake w/ff milk and 1/2 sc powder, mini ww bagel with hummus
* 1/2 serving recovery drink consumed during work out
* large salad plus 1/2 c low fat cottage cheese, raspberries and red seedless grapes, 1 square 70% dark chocolate.
*tuna with lite mayo on lite ww bread made open face with ff cheese slice melted over each half, pria bar.
*dried apricots, craisins, walnuts and hummus on a cracker.

I haven't had dinner yet but plan to eat a lean cuisine meal with a side salad. I know the sodium content of the frozen meals are awful but I just want something easy tonight. :)

Heading out after dinner tonight so I probably won't be back til morning.

Have a good night girls.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.