***CHEETAHS *** Sat., 1/6

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Mornin', cheetahs~

It's nice to have a stretch of weekend ahead of me with no obligations. Next week is going to be a crazy one with meetings galore, so I'm looking forward to zonin' out a bit. Actually, I have about an hour's worth of grading to do, and then I'd like to get my lesson plans done for the next month, if possible. A new grad school semester starts on Monday, and it'd be a nice to have a leg up. So today, I'm planning to run early (before noon), knock out PUB, and then plow into some work. I do have DOMS in the legs still(hammies are esp. tight) from doing PLB and KPC back-to-back, but it feels good.

Well, I was the last one to post last night, so I don't have any personals to catch up with for now. But I'm looking forward to chatting some later on!

ETA: Ooh, yeah, I forgot to add ~ I want to jet out to Target as soon as they open and pick up a Magic Bullet so I can start making protein shakes. Anybody drink these and have a favorite recipe to share?

Have a great day, ladies!
Cathy :)

G'mornin' cheetahs,

cathy- when i make my protein shakes i just throw in some frozen fruit and lowfat plain yogurt.

carole- i am going to look into a fiberglass nail tech in my location. i always hated acrylic on my nails (made my nails so weak) but the fiberglass option sounds wonderful. i need to get something done to my nails, they are horrid.

wendy- sorry to hear about your neck. i know you won't let it hold you up you are such a trooper and will be back into the swing of things shortly.

marcia- enjoy your vacation girl!! you deserve it. where in mexico are you going? when you return you will have to let us know all the details. i am thinking of going to mexico for me and dh's anniversary this year.

kristi- i think that is so awesome of your job to allow you some flexibility in your schedule!! how is ds doing?

today's workout will be the totalbody premix of DM and then it's off to my CPR class and then to the gym to train and then to the hairdresser. another busy, busy day for me.

ladies- thanks for all the the high 5's and encouragement on my personal training. it seems like everything happened so fast my head is spinning. i am feeling guilty about leaving my boys all the time so when i go into the gym today i am going to tell them to hold off with scheduling new clients until i can find a part time job, that would allow me time in the gym (to build up my clients) and time at home to spend with my family and to achieve other goals i've set for myself.

have a fabolous saturday everyone.....

Morning Cheetahs! Let me hear you roar! :7

Cathy: I have toyed with the idea of purchasing that bullet thing for quite some time. Let me know what you think of it! I make protein shakes at home with natural p/b, banana and ff milk....YUMMY!:9 :9 :9 Have a good run!

Sunny: I agree that it is wise to speak to the folks at the gym about holding off on booking you up until you have everything else in order. You don't want to take on too much too fast and end up burning out before you even really get started. Busy day for you today...try to get some "me time" in later if possible!:)

Well, my neck still hurts x( but I THINK it's getting better. I can also feel the beginnings of some u/b DOMS from y'day's work out. That is no surprise!!!}(

I am headed off to the gym in about 30 mins with DH. He is going for the first time today. I will use the TM while he does weight work.

My mom ended up keeping Joey overnight last night so I was able to sleep until 8am this morning! GO ME! LMAO! 8 am is LATE for me now and I remember when sleeping until 11 on weekends was the norm!:eek:

Okay, well, I'll be back later!

Have a great day everyone!

G'morning Cheetahs!! I got my DVD's & high step y'day!! Woohoo!!! We made it home fine after a stop at Sam's club to get a few things. I got in GS BSB after we got home & unpacked. We had company last night, Greg's brother Brian, and his friend Jon & g/f Amy. Greg's been doing a Bible study w/ Jon & Amy came along because she wanted to work out w/ me. }( I let her pick from my *collection* of workout DVD's & she picked Taebo bootcamp Live. I haven't done that one in a while (pretty much since I found Cathe... ;-) ) & was surprised at how easy it felt even w/ the Billy bands! And his off counts & mis-matched sides really got on my nerves!! Oh well, it was fun & still worked up a little sweat. Then we did CoreMax #1- hahaha!!! She did pretty well until those darn planks at the end which I conquered!!! And I had just done that one y'day at my Mom's!! :p Anyway, it ws fun to workout w/ someone & I found out that she has lost 80 lbs!!! I'd never known her when she was really heavy (her family just joined our church a couple yrs ago) so funny that we've lost about the same amt of weight. It's nice to feel like I'm a good role model to younger girls too!

Well, I did LIC cardio only pre-mix this morning. I really liked it!! My first time doing LIC & even though it's low-impact it still works ya! Then I did LIC abs, I feel like the abs queen this week! ;-)

We have a bday party to go to at Chuck E. Cheese for Kiersten's best friend, and then I told the girls we'd go ice skating again. They had so much fun last week! Greg's going to join us too & we'll see if Allison will be able to stay up on the skates. I'm signing up the girls for another session of lessons too, they're excited about that.

OK, gotta go shower & get ready for the day! Have a great Saturday!

Cathy ~ Enjoy your weekend w/ no obligations! I'm sure that's nice! Enjoy your run & PUB- that's on my rotation for this week!

I don't have a Magic bullet but they look awesome! Let me know how you like it! I like just plain protein powder & skim or soymilk, but sometimes I'll add a banana or other fruit.

Sunny ~ Sounds like a busy day! I think you're being very smart in balancing family/ training. That's one reason I hesitate to do anything outside of the home yet, I just want to enjoy them while they're small. I'm not ready for them to grow up too much yet!!

Wendy ~ Sorry about the neck- ouch!! I really like the BM2 Double upper body! How fun that you get to go to the gym w/ your dh! I'm sure Joey is having fun being spoiled by Grandma! And I hear ya about sleeping in, sleeping in for me now is anything after 7! ;-)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...3 barbells is nice to have the room for. I can use dumbells but I use alot heavier weight than Cathe in PLB and take longer rest so holding like 2 30 lb dumbells is alot tougher than a 60 lb barbell...I am glad you are over the bug. Good job with KPC cardio...I LOVE my magic bullet!! I have a fruit smoothie after every workout. I fill the cup with frozen fruit that I defrost a bit, then add soymilk, 2 T ground flaxseed and a scoop of vanilla soy or sometimes whey protein powder.

Sunny...I hope you can find a tech to do fiberglass or even silk. I think you'd like them...Have fun with DM.

Jess... Congrats on your highstep and DVD's. Isn't LIC a fun one....the abs section really flies...

Judy...wow! you took off your own acrylics!!! Yeow is right...gel isn't a bad option and I think you will like them better than acrylic. Sorry about your GI issues...hope that clears up.

Shelly...B&G was fun but not real sore today?...I know I should take the CPR class and you sound like my DH..:)..how was HCE #2?

Wendy...sorry about your neck! Hope its better today. No, no DOMS today....?...I am only doing the 1st 9.4 miles of a marathon on Jan 14th. It is a 3 person marathon relay...:)..have fun at the gym with your DH!

Laura...sounds like an awful situation with work?...

Christine...thanks for clearing up my Crystal question. I will say as a manicurist I can't believe they charge so much for Gel and Crystal as they are so easy to do...Fiberglass has more steps and adding the fiber to the glue only makes sense to me that it would be stronger...okay...steps off the soapbox....:)...my shoulders were sore after S&H which is nice as they usually are not. But that is a tough workout to up your weight in...

I am doing some sort of kick boxing today and maybe some light upper body weight work...

Have a great day...:)

Happy Saturday Ladies!:) No skating yesterday as the temps are just too mild, I can't believe I'm missing winter so much. I never minded shovelling and would like mother nature to cool it down so I can dust that sucker off! I know I'd complain if it was cold and snowy but that would be normal, this is just getting disturbing. Today will be a B-Max2 morning. I think I'll do the cardio and circuits then a B&G premix. I ate well yesterday so am hoping to continue that 1 day trend:+

Cathy, hope you get some zone out time after grading and lesson plans. I love the informercials for the MagicBullet but have never seen them in a retail store. You'll get tons of use out of it. I really am enjoying the 'early flutterings' (nicely put!).;-)

Sunny, not surprising that your head is spinning, that's a lot to juggle. Busy Moms are so often fragmented between personal and family goals, I hope you can lose the guilt though, you are doing a great job!

Wendy, have fun with DH at the gym, I love seeing couples at the gym together. Glad you got to sleep the morning away;-) :+

Jess aka~ab queen:) I love the LIC cardio too, the 'stomp once, twice, open pony thing' is such a fun sequence and Cathe sounds like she's having so much fun it's infectious. It's so cute seeing little ones skate, when my Faith was 4 she had her first skating lessons, the children were so wobbly and unsure on their skates then the instructor took out bubbles and started blowing them for the kids to 'catch', they forgot about their feet and away they went. I thought it was absolute genius and adorable to watch:)

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning cheetahs! Hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far. I'll be on a long stretch of work starting tonight since I planned a long stretch off over next weekend. Woke up with a sore throat this morningx( and hoping it doesn't progress to a cold.

Wendy- How nice that you and DH are doing the gym thing together, even if your doing different activities. Does your DH run also?
I hope your neck pain eases up for you.... that's difficult to deal with I'm sure.

Christine- when is the SJC RnR? If I really like the one here I may be tempted to travel there for a little cheetah GTG.

Cathy- Hope you get in some good sweat drenching workouts this weekend so you can tackle all the meetings next week. Have a great time with PUB today. I know that this is tantamount to heresy on these boards but I never have protein shakes nor am I interested :eek: I just prefer to get my nutrients from solid food.

SunnyD- Sounds like a very wise move to limit new clients until you can handle them:) It won't do anyone any good to burn yourself out.
Have a fun busy day!

Jess- You're going to be having fun the next few days!!! I believe you mentioning that your have ME for one of your new workouts. That one in particular uses the high step.... it's a great killer of a workout. How do you manage with the levitation holds in CM#1? That's the one Cathe move that really frustrates me!

Laurie- I've been hearing alot on the news about the unusually warm temps the northeast (and Canada) have been experiencing. I'm sure it will turn around soon and your shovel will see plenty of action.
Have a great time with BM2 today.

Carole- I use a set of dumbells and 2 barbells for PUB. The dumbbells are 2 25# so they are my light set 50-55-60 lbs. They are cumbersome to deal with though but I can't bring myself to get a 3rd barbell for just this workout. There are too many other things on my wish list;-) Sometimes for kickboxing I wear weighted gloves and this alone gives me a great upperbody workout. Have a good one!

Today I'll be doing PowerHour (havent done this in a while) This will be the last weight workout I'll be doing before marathon day.
Then I'll get in 6 miles of running. :)

Later Y'all.

ShellyC

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Today is a six mile run and the weather is perfect for it – nice cool and sunny! I’m excited. Then it’s grocery shopping and the usual tasks!

Cathy – have fun with your run and your PUB! My protein shakes are protein powder w/ a cup of orange juice, a banana, a cup of blueberries (or other fruit) and 1 tbsp of flax seed (ground). Gives me my fruit for the day – I’m not a big fruit eater.

Sunny – sounds like a great solution to your problems. You do have it all together – glad to hear you are doing well with your PT.

Wendy – have fun at the gym with DH!! I, too, slept to 8 – and it is very unusual for me, too! Felt good! I’m glad to hear your neck is starting to feel better! Enjoy your DOMs! :+

Jess – that’s my only complaint with Billy – the counts and the mismatched sides. Drives me crazy. I’ve heard he never rehearses, just does it. She lost 80 pounds? WTG!! LIC is a fun one, and it works you harder than you’d think – eh? I enjoy throwing that one in when I need a good workout, but do not need the impact. Have fun at the party!

Laurie – hope you get your snow soon! This global warming stuff is not fun – eh? Sounds like you have a tough workout on tap!

Carole – S*H shoulders is a tough workout to up the weights. Next week I think I’m going to go one weight up from what I did this week for the first rep – and change it back down if needed. My nails are pretty strong – I’m just really, really rough on them. Always have been. Enjoy your kickboxing and your upper body work!

Shelly – Oh, hope you don’t the crap that’s going around!! *sends healthy vibes* Enjoy Power Hour (I love that one). One more week – eh? The count down has started for the marathon – eh? How exciting!! I’d LOVE to have you come to San Jose for the RNR! It’s October 14th this year (or right around there). Right when the weather is cooling down but still nice.

Enjoy your day all!!

Hey cheetahs~
I’m back…I finished a tough 6 miles on leaden legs and downed my first protein shake with the Magic Bullet. Great machine! I used vanilla soymilk, tofu, a handful of frozen mixed berries, and some whey protein. It was 270 calories, 6 g fat, and 33 g of protein.

PUB is still on the agenda.

While at Target this AM, I also picked up Rodney Yee's Yoga Conditioning for Athletes (with a special 15 min. sequence for runners) and a dumbbell rack--it was a real pain in the bum to put together, but I’m glad I’ll have someplace to stow these things instead of them lying around. I'll let you guys know how the yoga DVD is once I have a chance to try it.

Sunny :: yes, you sure are busy, aren’t you? Hope you find time to relax some today!

Wendy :: thanks for the tip! That sounds dee-lish. Will definitely have to try it! I’m really glad I bought the Bullet. It was so quick and a cinch to clean up. Glad you were able to sleep in a little this morning. I’m sure you needed after a hellish couple of weeks!

Jess :: woohoo on the new high step & DVDs! Don’tcha just *love* getting packages? Have fun @ Chuck E. Cheese’s :) and ice skating! And thanks for the info on the shakes. Have you ever tried chocolate-flavored soymilk?

Carole :: good idea to add the flaxseed. Do you think the tofu is unnecessary if I’m using whey powder? I’m not really sure the purpose of the tofu, to tell you the truth – I just asked my sister what ingredients she usually puts in her smoothies, and that was one of ‘em. (She doesn’t add protein powder, though.) Hope you had a great k’boxing & u/b workout today!

Laurie :: I have to say…I appreciate warmer temps – I’m not really a huge fan of the cold -- but I’m with you in that I don’t mind one good snowstorm (read: school closing) per winter. :) That really was a brilliant technique the skate instructor used. How cute!

Shelly :: ut oh…hope you can ward off that bug! I hear you on trying to get your nutrients from solid foods…The shakes are new to me, but I thought they might be a good idea since there are some days when my protein intake is a little low. Enjoy PH & your 6 miles!

Christine :: 6 miles – a popular distance today! Hope you enjoyed it. With sun & 70 degrees in Jersey on January 6th, you’ll get no complaints from me, either! Thanks for the smoothie recipe. Another one I want to try.

OK, off to PUB! I'll be back later. Hope the cheetah chatter picks up some. :)

Back real quick to say I finished PUB (minus the abs). I feel good--like I worked hard this week. Off to shower and then maybe put a dent in some schoolwork. Or not. }( Will BBL.

Cathy - I use that Rodney Yee DVD a lot. In fact I gave my VHS to my DD17 and ended up buying the DVD. Mine has a 10 minute session for runners. But I still think the first 10/15 minutes the best if you need a quick stretch. I'll be doing it tomorrow, in fact. It's not power yoga - it's really designed to stretch you and give your muscles better balance. I'll be interested in hearing how you like it. And my six miles was tough, too! The five miles were fine, but that last was a bear. Funny how that works sometimes!

Christine :: oh, I'm glad you like the RY workout...I may try it tomorrow instead of going to class. He is another one not leaving much to the imagination with those white tights, isn't he? *heh heh*

I came back b/c I forgot to mention to Carole that I spotted the Kettle chips in the grocery store and picked up a bag--the salt & pepper ones. For the first time in my life, I only ate a few chips and stopped!! Tell me again -- which ones were your favorites?

One other thing to share...I just weighed in and am happy to report that those 7 holiday lbs. - GONE! Woo-hoo!!! :D

Have a great night, everyone!

Good Evening Ladies.

I don't really have time for personals. We are going out to dinner with family tonight and we are leaving in about an hour!

Well, my TM run was not a success. In the past I have been able to run with the neck pain but not today. I barely eeked out a mile and had to switch over to the elliptical. I did a 20 min pre-programmed work out called "cross-country". It was tough!}( So despite my failed attempt at the TM I still got in a good 30 min work out.:)

After a shower we went over to the local IHOP and ate a BAD breakfast...so much for turning over a new leaf in the new year!:p Then we had to go pick up Joey from grandma's house. When we got home it was nap time for all. :) I needed it too, the med I take for my neck really throws me for a loop.

Okay, well I've babbled on enough...time to get us all ready for dinner-MORE bad eating!:eek:

Have a good night ladies-I'll try to check in later on after we get back!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.