***12 Week Challengers, Feb 6***

Good morning all.......

I ate some bad bread and "white stuff" last night, so I left my mom's house bloated and feeling horribly FAT!! I hate that feeling. x( Then when I got home all I wanted to do was EAT more......Totally frustrated about that. I know that I can't eat a lot of that now because all I do is continue to eat and for no reason.

So, it's back on track today!!!! I'm trying to get a menu figured out minus any white stuff. ;-) I teach two classes tonight, always excited for that.

Lori - to answer your question from a few days ago. I quit running because it got so cold here in Minnesota that I couldn't get outside and I didn't have a TM at the time. So, I got out of the habit and figured I'd wait until the weather got better or I got a TM. ;-)

Have a great day everyone!
Marcia.

Hey girls!

Todays workout is PUB. My first time doing it too :eek:

Marcia-I fell off the wagan as sunday,I do the same thing...eat one thing and then its 'all I can eat for the rest of the day'. I did get back on track though on wednsday. Im sending you strong on track vibes today!

I think its my free day that messes me up! I think I can wake up the next day and do the same thing!Won't lose any weight doing that crap!

ok,bbl

Hang in there Amelia - we can all do this.....yeah, I'm sure you having a free day would be difficult. Not sure if I could handle one of those. :7

Vibes are coming back your way!!!

Marcia.

Thanks girl,gotta run and get the kiddos up and get DD ready for school! Enjoy your two classes this evening!

Marcia-What diet plan are following?Did you decide on WW'ers?

bbl

Good morning Marcia and Amelia! Girls, I think we've all been there. . . It's a struggle, no doubt. Some days I have the willpower to resist ANYTHING and other days I seem to cave so easily. I tried WW'ers and it didn't work for me. BFL seems to work the best. Just have to be careful about those free days and then having it carry over to the next day and the next. . .

No school today. We had some snow overnight but they're expecting 12-18 inches total by the end of the day. My workout this morning was shoveling.:) DH helped and we took pride in the fact that we're the only ones on our block w/o a snowblower and the first ones shoveled out. :7 Unfortunately, I still have to go to work. :-(

Will check back in later.

Sue

Hey Challengers!

Just wanted to chime in before I head out with my mom! For some reason my baby won't leave me along long enough to chat with my friendsx(
Todays workout will be a long run and abs. Thats all I am planning on b/c I need a break from all that lifting. In the meantime, I may end up pulling out the 4DS series again!

Have a good day and i will be back later gators:)
Lori:)

Good morning ladies!

Well, it's Lent, so I am now meatless - except fish. I call it Catholic vegetarianism, even though it's not quite going veggie. But I don't eat fish every day. I need to do something! The last few days I've been eating more than I need. I'm getting back on track today.

Sue - yes, I lost the 11 pounds since the challenge started, but I'd say 5 of that 11 was holiday bloat and was easy to get rid of. Now it's the tough stuff.

Today's workout is All Body Attack maybe followed by some of Xerobics (the non-BOSU part of CIA Double Cardio). I have a little more time this morning.

Enjoy everyone!

Hi girls, I've had one great real good old fashioned sweat fest : Max Intensity Cardio. WHEW! It has to be now, my new bestest EVER DVD. (mind you I say this with the arrival of each new dvd) This dvd had me begging for mercy and it was the first one that I was looking at the clock thinking whens this gonna end! I was puffing through a lot of it - puffing through areobics? Unheard of! It was great. 4DS (cardio sections) and others like it are really not for me, just not hard enough. I love the Imax's 2 &3 the blasts in Kick max and Low Max, the real full on kinda stuff. Love it! But today really really great, because I was able to keep going to the end no stopping and it was about for 70 mins. The cheoreography isn't high high imapct like the kick max blast, which is why I could keep going. Sorry for raving, but who else would truly understand this but you guys?

Theres a very interetsing post on the STS Forum if you are interested in the benefits of weight training vs cardio for weight loss.

I am not pre ordering STS at this stage, I've got heaps of other stuff (adding to my weight collection, getting a weight storage rack and other working out kinda stuff) that I need first.

Havn't loss an ounce, a pound, half an ounce, half a pound, nothing. I'm not too depressed about it today,(too high after THAT workout) but I am hoping to see more results soon! I hope that one day I'll wake up and ta da! the weight loss fairy arrived overnight and took it all away!

Hope everyone has a great day and I think I'll go to bed, goodnight.

Andrea

Hey Everyone,

Today is an off day for me I usually try to get on the TM doesn't always workout that way though. We recieved 6 inches of snow overnight and I have to drive in it today that ought to be fun.

Brkfst-special k waffle and grapefruit
AM snack-yogurt and banana
Lunch-tuna casserole, apple
PM snack-salad
Supper-soup of some kind

Have a good day everyone.

Hey guys. I'm here. Just quickly though. Cleaned my friend's house, now I'm headed to school/work. When I get back from school, I'll be doing Leaner Legs (I overslept this AM, I'll explain later today...Amelia...I'm having problems with Free Day myself, so I'm switching that up too...explain more later!).

Sorry to hit and run!

Gayle

Morning girls :)

Snow Snow and snow. What's with the weather? I'm ready for summer :)

I did my 5miler at the gym. At a pace of 10:38. That was kinda hard to do--I wanted to go faster but I reminded myself Friday is speed work }( best do what my *smartcoach* says :) I also did abs to Slim & 6Pack (just a lil change from my Cathe dvds) and worked biceps to PUB going a bit heavier on final set.

I'm finishing my protein drink then it's shower time. I also have to hit the grocery store for my weekly store run.

I shall return.

Hang in there girls--- think of the positives that you have achieved--focus on that and just move fwd :)

Congrats to the girlies who have lost. Way to go :) :) :)

Ok --I'm cold brb

Christine - I had 3 pounds of holiday bloat myself but the other 6 pounds I lost was the stubborn stuff that wasn't coming off last year. Did you take before pictures so you can compare what you look like after the challenge? I did but mine are pretty disgusting. Don't know if I'll have the guts to share.

Andrea - I think MIC remains one of Cathe's hardest cardio workouts. It just keeps going and going and going. . . Glad you enjoy it.

Roxie - Drive safely!

Kath - I'm tired of snow, too. Even though shoveling is a better workout than I thought according to my HRM, I'd still rather do Cathe workouts.

Sue

Edited to add: Everyone driving in this snowy mess drive safely!

Hey Girls!

Just wanted to report my workout and then I have to stretch these tired,tight legs before DS wakes up.
I did a 10 mile run (first 6 miles were a at a steadier pace,increasing every 2 miles with incline and speed) and the last 4 miles were hills and intervals. I also did ME abs.
Alright, gotta stretch and get a shower.Then I will come back for personnals!

Lori:)

Amelia - Well, I was going to do WW, but then with this bout with the 'white stuff' I'm going to check into the CORE program. I was hoping just eating clean would do the trick, but apparently I need to be more accountable.

I just talked with our local YMCA and I'm think about getting Y certified for group fitness instruction. I've already been teaching step for community education for 10 years, but it would be nice to go through some actual training and then work for a real fitness facility. I'm pretty excited, but now it's even more stressed on me to get in better shape. I need to look like I know what I'm doing and what I'm talking about.

I really like WW, I need the meetings for accountable and ideas, BUT I never have time to get to a meeting. Maybe now I can if I have to go into town for training, too.

Marcia.

Hey girls,OMG it has been a very dramatic day! I will be SO GLAD when its over! i got in a fight on the phone with my mom....ended it tears ! I was late for school,teacher didn't like that! I had to leave early-agian...teacher wasn't pleased! My Sister just hung up on me,and the funny thing is I just bought her some baby close this morning(she is 7months prego) oh well,they will both get over it eventually!

but alteast I have been able to eat well today

And PUB was just an amazing workout!Actually my workout was the best part of my day(that and DH just got home ) I love the burn I got! I couldnt even carry my books to class today,I had to pull out an old bookbag!!! OMG my arms are like noodles! I love it

I do have some good news though,My DH got the job that was offered to him(he had to interview for it,along with others) so thats kinda neat! Im not sure when he will start,maybe next week!

ok,hey to everybody!!!
sorry,for the vent girls just having one of those days

ETA-ok,what is going on with my ticker now???? can you guys see it?

Marcia-good luck with whatever you choose to do! I think what really helped the scale moving for me was the clean eating,not cheating(except free day),and eating the 6 small meals a day! and water! I still can't believe the scale is moving for after waiting so long! I try and watch my carbs too! Ok,sorry if thats TMI,LOL ;-)

Lori - 10 miles - Fantastic! Those poor tired legs definitely deserve a rest. Are you training for a race or do you just love to run?

Marcia - I know a lot of people who like the accountability of WW. I don't know how much work it is to get certified in group fitness but it defintely sounds like a motivator to me!

Amelia - What a roller coaster of a day! Congrats to your DH on his new job. Hooray for noodle arms! Yes, I can see your ticker.

Got to leave work early because of all the snow. I've never driven in worse blizzard conditions in all my 43 years! :eek: Glad to be home safe and sound.

Sue

Hi everyone! I thought that I checked in earlier today, but obviously that was not the case. This morning I did 20 min on the bike, CM 3 and Flexible Warrior for biking. The yoga/stretch felt very good. I had a crazy day at work and am just beat now. I want to relax and watch Project Runway.

The caucus last night was actually totally cool. I am kind of a political geek, so I loved the whole thing. It was a great sense of community, which I don't really usually experience. Also, it was great to hear what people are thinking. The other great thing was that it only lasted until 8:30. I got home and ate dinner at 9:00 and I was ravished. I probably had a bit more than I should have but I was really hungry.

Oops - wrong day - will copy to today

Hi all,

Gotta make it quick since I'm at work}(

Never seem to find the time to check in 'cuz just like eating, I don't wanna stop checking out the threads !

Still doing well with workouts - seem to thinning up and still getting tighter. I think I can see a difference in some areas but the scale is sticking strong.

Oh well, have added heavy weight workouts and am cutting back on cardio starting last week. We'll see what happens.

Glad to hear many of you are losing well and guess I'm right there with the rest of you. But better than anything, we are healthier and more energetic:7

Someday you ladies have to give me your secrets to getting in your workouts, cleaning, shopping, working, etc and still find time to get here and get your sleep. Seems as the years go by I am finding it harder and harder to get things done. And I have no children that are dependent on me any longer !

Have a great day.

;(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.