***12 Week Challengers - Feb 4***

Good morning, challengers - I can't believe I'm actually here first to start things off. Did I miss the memo to sleep in today???;)

I got on the treadmill this morning and was able to run only 10 minutes - WOW - it's taking me longer to get back in the swing of running than I thought it would. Yowza!!

We are suppose to get another 'wintry mix' today, so who knows what will happen with my aerobics class tonight. They are all such good students and would come in any weather, so it's too bad that I'm the one that comes the farthest. I have four wheel drive, though, so I don't usually have to worry about it.

Have a great day everyone! I'll be back later,
Marcia.

Good Morning Girls!

Week four started yesterday for me(well kinda x( )

I BLEW IT yesterday...I ate a small fry! BUT,thats not all I also went on to eat some icecream(luckly there was only about a 1/2c left)a bowl of that darn chocolate marshmallow ceral and one of my SBD chocolate bars(guess I was just craving chocolate)I was doing fine until dinner x( it all started with that d*m small fry. I did eat a grilled chicken sandwich with it though ;-)

Why do i do that?

Well,that was yesterday and today im back full force on my BFL way of eating! And,im squeezing in a cardio because of my little binge!

So,todays workout is going to be PLB and a 30 min HIIT on the TM(powerwalk/jog)

Marica-Great job on your run this morning! I hope you get to teach your step class this evening! How are you doing on your diet! Good I hope! so far ive went from 194 to 188.2. Ive still got a lot to go but i will get there!

I don't where my Weigtloss ticker went! Im going to see if I can get it back right quick!

ETA-there,thats better!

Hi Amelia - Great job on your weightloss. I'm struggling with my food as usual. I just can't seem to find what works for me yet x( x( You are following BFL, right? Maybe I need to take a look at it. The problem is I start something, but get hungry or can't seem to stick to it and then I don't think it works for me, ya know? I was thinking about going back and counting points with Weight Watchers, but I think BFL is something I need to check out for a change first.

Any ideas???

Thanks, Marcia.

Marcia,I KNOW exactly how your feel,i struggled all summer with figuring out what worked for me! I think whats making the scale move now is eating the 6 small meals! Thats somthing different for me and my body's just not use to it! I don't have the bfl book,just going by what everybody is doing on here and I did read some info on the website! The website offers alot of info www.bodyforlife.com ! I wish ya luck!

Hang in there,You did lose two pds last week so your doing something right! ok,I didn't realize it was 7:07! bbl

Good morning challengers!

Amelia, don't get too upset about the binge. Today is a new day. Time to refocus. Drink lots of water and enjoy that extra dose of HIIT today.:D

Marcia, I hope that you get to teach your class tonight. We have a fog delay here, maybe that's why everyone slept in today. ;)

I didn't check in all weekend, but I did pretty well. My sister came to visit so that always stresses my eating. I do fine by myself, but with other people I seem to feel the need to eat more. We did work out together, though. We did B&G on Saturday. I pushed myself harder with her there because I was not going to let that old woman show me up! (She's 5 years older than me.}( ). I was soooooo sore yesterday. Haven't had DOMS like that in a long time! Yesterday I did LIC as filmed. I really like that one.

Today I am doing KPC. I am also going to Panera for lunch so I will have to be careful. I think there is black bean soup and a Greek salad in my future.

A few personals from the weekend:

GAYLE- GREAT time on the 10K! You rock!!!!!

Heather- Fabulous weight loss! Keep the success stories coming!!!

Have a great day all and I will check back later!

Good Morning Girls!

Today I did PS CST and 3 mile walk. I like PS, except for the music.:p It is not as tough as some of her other strength tapes.
I am going to try the cranberry juice- lemon juice -water concoction that Heather was talking about.
Menu Today:
B-oatmeal with soy milk and 1/2 scoop protein powder, flax seed
S-orange, walnuts
L-chicken, 1/2c. brown rice, veggies
S-1/2. cottage cheese with 1 c. berries
D-sweet potato, talipia, salad
S-protein shake

Have a great day all!
Gin:)

Hey, girls! Sorry for a hit and run post. I'm tired...we got in from BF's at 10:30 last night after watching the whole Super Bowl game. I slept in this morning then got my workout in after the bus came.

Did PUB and OUCHIE! Had to eek out the last rep or 2 on the bicep heavy set (used 21 #). I'm still pretty sore from Saturday's Cardio Kicks, especially in the lats and upper back. The only part of me that's sore from yesterday's race are my shins (a wee bit, only), and I'm surprised that my quads aren't sore from the DOWNhills.

Amelia-can you just count yesterday as your Free Day??? You're doing really REALLY well, so do NOT let it side track you! Just KEEP ON TRUCKIN!!!

We've got NOTHING after school today. We're all tired. I'll BBL after work/school. I have to straighten and clean this house, and get laundry done.

Here's my menu plan for today:
M1: turkey cheese wrap in a low carb wrap
M2: protein pancakes at work
M3: roast beef wrap
M4: Salmon, small baked potato, 'fried' cabbage
M5: protein pudding
(since I got up later than normal, I may not get meal 6 in...anybody want it? )

Gayle

Good morning girls!!!!

It's Monday-- where does the weekend go? I'm so thinking they should hold the Superbowl on a Saturday. I'm sure they are some tired people at work today :) YAY GIANTS!! :)

Having said that-- onto reporting my workout.

I did my 9miles --YAY Me!! I was thinking I would be so tired from the get together on Sunday but my legs proved me wrong on that thought :) I kicked some serious a$$. I think it's official now-- I AM A RUNNER--and I'm FASTER THAN I THINK :) Silly mind :)

I was also able to do shoulders and Abs.

I'm seeing a HUGE change in my body--muscles popping out of no where LOL. I guess it's proof when you stick with a plan--and train hard you can do anything. And this is only week 5. I'm hooked :):) :)

I didn't post early cause I did some cleaning up and laundry before my run. Now it's off to the store for some fruit and veggies :)

I shall return :)

Hey girls,im back to report my workout! I did a 30minute pw/jog interval on the TM then PLB!

And can I just say that this was my first time doing PLB and WOW,what a workout! I wasn't do difficult but just right! I will enjoy it from here on out!

ok,everybody have a great day,and I did read evething I just don't have time to do persoanls! Thanks for the encoragement about my little binge last evening! Come on girls,let just keep on truckin(like gayle says)LOL!

Well, no step class tonight. We are letting out of school early due to another storm hitting us. UGH! We are getting bombarded this winter. The people who own a snowmobile are happy this season.

This will give me plenty of time to do some great workouts. I will have to run more on the TM and maybe do a Cathe step that I haven't done in a while since I've been teaching.

Talk later.....

Marcia.

Amelia-by all means.....you can use the phrase Keep On Truckin anytime you want! It just fits the bill at ALL times, doesn't it? LOL

Kath-I LOVED your post! You're on FIRE! Just keep at it. And the results will CONTINUE to amaze you!!!

Gayle

I had some setbacks with my 10 day trip, during which I regained the weight I had lost during the first 10 days of the Challenge, and a nasty cold. I finally seem to have licked that one and am getting back to more intensive (for me) workouts this week. The past two weeks, I lost the weight I re-gained and have been doing easier Cathe workouts.

Today I did LIS. That is a really fun workout. One more time and I may have it all figured out. Still one tricky part.

Whew....quick post here. I just finished 30 minutes of Step Blast and 60 minutes on the TM doing walk/run intervals. I'm tired......but in a GREAT way.

Have to go fix supper, maybe back later.

Take care,
Marcia.

Hey Challengers!

I can't beleive I haven't been here all day! Actually, I went to check in and my friend called. After that I put DS down for his nap, did my workout, cleaned up, went to the grocery store...you get the pic...and fun filled day of NOTHING!;)
My workout today was:
* GS C&T going really heavy again,DOMS is setting in already
* 2 Mile run
* 4DSBC
* 4DSKB (with one lbs handweights)
* 1 Mile run.

Im really enjoying 4DS BC and KB. I think I am going to use them more just to see what happens!

Marcia** Sometimes you never know with running. You may pick it back up like you never stopped or it may take longer to get into. How long ago did you stop? For any particular reason? Good job on the workout tonight!

Ameila** Week 4 started no matter what happened yesterday! Just think at how great you have been doing! One slip up isnt' going to kill you. Just do a extra run on that TM this week!

Becca** Glad to hear you had a good time with your sis AND you got some good workouts in! I always eat more when people are around as well!

Gin** NIce workout! I never use the PS series much b/c I have it on VHS! I tend to pull out the GS's more. Im wondering if I will like the STS series as much as the GS!

Gayle** Good job on your run yesterday! I wish there were more runs around here but there is only 1 in the summer time, a 10K and I am always working. You never know this yr though...prehaps Ill do it
:)

KAth** Good job on the run!!! Im not 100% sure I like what I see. Sometimes I "feel" bulky, like tonight when I put my sweater on to come to work. Prehaps its all in my head!!!

KittyR** Good job on the workout today! That workout is a little tricky. I haven't done it in a while so Im pretty sure Ive forgotten everything!

Today I had a nice surprise! I found some frozen protein pancakes in the back of my fridge...just when I didn't know what I was going to eat...there they were:)

Alright chickie poos!
Ill BBL!
Lori:)

ok,here are my meals for today that i forgot to post earlier!

#1-two egg whites and 2mini protien pancakes
#2-protien shake with strawberries
#3-1c brown rice,1c blackeyed peas all in sauted onions
#4-apple with string cheese
#5-one extra lean ground beef burger on WW bread with a bit of lite mayo,ketchup,mustard,onions,tomatoe and a heaping mound of lettuce!
#6-2tbl NPB on 1/2 a LC tortilla!

have a great night!

Hi everyone!

Quickie post to record my workout: GS-Legs Timesaver #1 plus the band work for inner, outer thighs. Hams are real sore so I think I'll stretch them tonight.

Good night,
Sue

Hey Everyone,

The scale was unkind to me this am gained 2lbs, but Iam still down 1.
Today I was on the road all day for work and eating was really bad.
Brkfst-PB cereal bar by nature made
AM Snack-donut
Lunch- Two peices of chicken from LJS
PM Snack-Brownie
Supper-Lowfat Tuna Casserole 1/2 cup and Cake and Ice Cream

Yesterday I had Bacon and Eggs for Brkfst, White Cheddar Popcorn, Licorice, Pot Roast with Baby Carrots and Potatoes, followed By cake and ice cream. My DH went out and bought the cake mix because he wanted cake. My workout tonite was timesaver blast #3, my stomach is bothering me, I think I drank to much pop this weekend so I couldn't really concentrate on workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.