***12 Week Challengers, Feb 28***

Good morning everyone - OMG am I tired.......whew.....I taught two classes last night and we worked hard. I laid in bed this morning trying to pry myself out of bed to do Turbo Jam, but I just couldn't. I'll have to get it in after work today.

Shirl - Speaking of Turbo Jam, I am seriously thinking about going to a Turbo Kick workshop to become certified. You were the one that is certified right? Did you go to the workshop? What was it like? I'm trying to get a feel for it and could use any insight you might have.

After work today I'm dropping DS and his friends of to ski and then heading off to bartend. Hopefully getting in a workout inbetween, should have no problem doing that, though. ;-)

I'm on track eating and working out, so just holding strong!

I hope everyone else has an awesome day, be back later.

Marcia.

Good Morning!

marcia-good job with staying on track-I know its hard! There are days when i just want to NOT be on a diet and NOT workout...x(. But like Gayle says...keep on truckin!

Todays workout is cardio,not sure which one yet! Ive got Step blast/SJP but have NEVER done them(my recent order back in janurary) so i may just do them today! Er,one of them,LOL ;-). I may even wait until tonight after the kids have gone to bed,and DH has left for work!

everybody have a fantastic day

Whooohoooo, Survivor tonight,ya know what that means,tommorrow is FRIDAY! (insert thankgoodness tommorrow is friday happy dance);-)

Marcia-Which on would you say has 'easier' to learn step? I did preview them,guess i need to agian? Im pretty good at step so it doesn't take me long to pick up the combos!

I would say SJP, one reason is because the step portion is smaller in that one then SB. They both have a huge "fun" factor, but I think SB is more intense than SJP. I love the variety SJP has, too.

Marcia.

Marcia,Thanks-I will do that one first then...im sure there is a cardio only premix in there! ok,gotta go get dd up for school..bbl-Enjoy your day!

Good Morning Marcia,Amelia and all who follow,

Marcia, Yes, I'm TK certified. It is such a blast. I recommend taking a class first. Is there one in your area or near by? I went to an all day training/workshop for my cert and it was so much fun! If you decide to do it, you need to bring a couple changes of clothes; you sweat.... a lot! There is a written test; the presenter will make sure everyone knows what they need to for the written test. There is also a practical test. There are 3 levels of scoring for the practical test, in training, pass and gold. HTH :)

Amelia, Hope you like SJP, it is a fun workout. Have a great day!

Hi everyone! :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Good morning everybody!

Hi everybody! WOW! My Wednesday was super busy! Just one thing after the next. I was glad that I was able to hit the pavement and pelt out a few miles (5.5) to clear my head, and I finished the night with my interview for the PTA Presidency!

I read all of yesterday’s posts, but honestly, I’m overwhelmed to try to respond to each of them. BUT I PROMISE I READ THEM!

Marcia & Amelia-I'd vote for SB simply for the absolute FUN FACTOR in that baby!

Today will be a MUCH better day. A little hectic this morning and then it settles down after work/school. I'm driving the kids to the busstop and dropping them there. Then I have to take my car up the street to the garage (it's making a weird noise) and then I'm leaving right from there for my run/workout. The training schedule has be doing 8 miles, with HILL REPEATS today. I'm excited about it too! It works like this: Find a hill that will take you at least two minutes to climb, and mark off a "short" repeat (about halfway from the bottom) and a "long" repeat (all the way to the top). Then do a set of "short" hills: three or four sprints up the short repeat, then a jog back down; a set of "long" hills: three or four loops of a hard run to the top, a jog back to the top of the "short" segment and a sprint to the bottom; then another three or four "short" hills. Adjust the repeats depending on the miles you need; you should be doing two miles of warm-up and cool-down before and after the hills, so the workout should involve three or four miles of work. (sorry to bore you with running details, lol)

I LOVE HILLS!

SO....I will run, finish at home, quickly stretch. Then it's shower and dress and walk to work! It will be tight with time right there, but after work all we have is basketball practice tonight!

OH.....AND SURVIVOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBL, promise!

Gayle

Chatty bunch!:)

I got up bright and early today and pulled out a 8 mile run:) Im happy with that b/c if I were doing cardio and I was off work, I would be happy with that...so Im even happier that it was 5 in the morning:eek: :)
Today I am giving up sweets! Ugh...gonna be a tough road! Im gonna try it, if I trip and fall thats o.k. Last week my eating was really good and even though I was up early somedays, I still had energy to go all day long b/c I was drinking plenty of water and eating was on track! Yesterday I was baking and tasted everything I made, I think I even made myself a little sick:eek:

Anyway...don't have time for personnals right now. Boss is around!
BBL!
Lori:)

Challenge Cheerleader Checking In and Checking Out

Challengers:

Good morning! I am not sure if y’all have been following my “Talk Me Down From the Cliff” thread in Open Discussion, but I have been dealing with a health crisis this week. As determined as I was to push myself through the rest of this challenge, I had a wake-up call Sunday afternoon. It is clear that the time has come for me to officially withdraw from this challenge and move in a different direction. This is my third attempt at a 12-week challenge with the same results. Thankfully, my Biggest Loser challenge at church turned a corner last night. It was a breakthrough session, and we are focusing on an enjoyable lifestyle now instead of a competition. No more concerning myself with calories, and I am returning to a monthly weigh-in (or less often). Challenges, deadlines, and weight goals pressure me more than they inspire me. I have been coasting spiritually and obsessing over my weight and body. I did great in January when I was simply planning a week of menus (which is very helpful), but I got in trouble when I hit a plateau in February and started analyzing calories, etc. Some people obviously do well with challenges. Gayle is evidence of that. But I am a fun-loving girl. I need to live in the moment and enjoy this journey one day at a time instead of striving so hard and seeing life as a series of 12-week challenges. Not to mention, I have an appointment with a clinical dietitian in the morning. After consulting with 2 doctors this week, I can read the writing on the wall and know what it will take to recover from this latest food allergy attack. For the next 3-4 weeks, I will not be eating enough protein to support heavy weight workouts. I will miss the 4-Day Split, but it is time for a change after 8 weeks of heavy lifting. I am still not breathing well and will gladly do whatever it takes to reclaim my health (physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally).

I will still be around cheering for y’all. Thank you so much for encouraging me for 8 weeks. I just did a search and realize that I reached the same conclusion with my first 12-week challenge here at the same point in time. I wrote in that post that challenges and check-ins like this are not good for me. Clean eating check-ins do not work for me either because everyone focuses on food, and that stumbles me.

I love everyone here, and it has been my delight to get to know each of you. If y’all ever start a generic check-in that is not focused on a challenge, I would love to join you. Otherwise, I am planning to stick with the Road Trippers (PYGFO check-in) and possibly return to the daily check-in. I am not one to disappear from a check-in without explanation as I value relationships. I am in an unplanned recovery week now, and I am looking forward to enjoying my favorite fun workouts in March.

I am NOT giving up on my fitness journey. I am simply giving up the fight, bringing the fun back, and rediscovering the joy of the journey.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Challenge Cheerleader Checking In and Checking Out

Good morning Everyone,

Tonite is KM for the first time, Iam going to do one of the premixes to get me started. My meals are going to be off today running alittle behind had to share bathroom with DD. Have a good day everyone.

Good morning Girls :) It's Thursday-- YAY! :)

Man it's cold here. Winter can end any time now :)

I logged a very fast 3 mile run. Legs felt strong. I passed the *running guys* three times. Woot me :) Course I think it was their long run day-- but hey I passed them. I'll take it ;-)

I also worked my back and did my abs to Slim and 6pack and Coremax.

I am understanding now why the schedule has me doing what I'm doing. Building endurance/speed and things. I guess there is a reason to all this madness. I'm seeing big results following a plan rather than what I was doing before. It's like I HAVE to do what is on tap---- no mind games with self :)

Gayle: I like hills. I live in a area where we have like 7 hills. Many runners use them for their hill workouts. I'm waiting on taking mine outside. Right now too much ice/snow on them for my liking.

Lori: You rock. You didn't answer my question about your sister. Wondering if her feet have touched the ground yet.

Heather: Good luck. I'm sure you will find what works for you.

Marcia: YOu are so busy. How do you get everything in? I'd be falling asleep at the bar for sure. LOL

I need a shower. Be back laters. maybe when I'm inhaling my salad at lunch time :)

Kath** That was you? LOL I answered that to someone else on another checkin! hehe She is doing great and NO, I don't think her feet as touched the floor yet, or my mothers for that matter! LOL Good job on the run missy! I need to head to the grocery store today to get some more veggies. I love salads! I wish they could be made in a big container for weeks at a time! Wouldn't that be easy!?

Heather** You need to do whatever is best for you! Im thinking a smaller challenge may be better for myself b/c 12 weeks seems so far away! I end up thinkig..."ah,I can have that. I still have 10 weeks to go" Then before you know it, Ive said that 20 x's, 12 weeks are here and no change! LOL I do see some nice definition in my Upper body but thats about it. Good luck!

Well...I haven't touched a sweet thing yet but Im tell'in ya its not easy! hehe Ive been making cookies at work for quit some time now and I had the owner (who is 75) tell me that he as 5 lbs on and then another co-worker popped in and said that he as 10 lbs on...and they are blaming it on my cookies! LOL No wonder I should stay away from them. If I man can put on weight with their fast metobolism, imagine how much I could put on!

Have to eat lunch!
Lori

:)

Hi everyone! Got up and did the cardio segment from 4DS bootcamp and then Core from 4DS kickbox. I SOOOO didn't want to get up, so this was a big deal for me.

Marcia, do you like TurboJam? I've been thinking about getting it. I may also get a couple more Cathe DVDs...need something new...

I must say I envy you runners! You all get such great WO in. I run when the weather is nicer, but I simply don't enjoy it enough to really see the HUGE benefits that you all are seeing (sigh). We all have to do what works for us, though.

Heather, thanks for stopping in. You need to do what's best for you and not worry about what anyone else thinks. We'll be behind you no matter what you do.

Lori, it's not so bad to give up sweets. I go through periods where I have to give up chocolate because I get out of control with it. It's actually easier for me to give it up completely than to try to limit my intake.

OK, I've got to get going - since I'm at work, it might be a good idea to actually do some work. Have a great day everyone!

Lori, I make a big batch of salad on Sunday evenings and work on it for several days. Just leave out things like tomatoes or mushrooms or more delicate veggies and add those when you're ready to eat the salad. If I didn't do it this way I'd never make a salad :-D

Lori: Yup that was me that asked :)

I'm such a salad fan.

Everyone knows I'm the one to order a salad--and we ain't talking a small one. I call it a big a$$ one :) :) Not loaded with bad stuff either-- all fresh veggies and healthy stuff--YUMMMMMMY. I really get mad when a restuarant doesn't offer one like that.

I plant a garden every year and wish for a Greehouse some day. I live in a part of the world where our growing seasons are short.

Thats funny too what you said about baking. I'm famous for my bake goods but don't like them at all. MY DH is always asking me to make stuff to pass around to the guys. We may see them out later that weekend and they will say "Yup we were right. You are one of those skinny bakers!" LOL

Time to sit back and enjoy this bigg a$$ salad YUMMY :9

Im just popping in to share this recipe-I just made the eat for life chicken fajita's and it was very yummy!

chicken Fajita's

Servings 2

2 portions chicken breast(about 1/2 lb)* i cooked a whole lb for me
and dh for some lunch tommorrow*

2tbsp fat-free italian salad dressing

1tsp chili powder(was out of and use cumin instead)

1 onion,green bell pepper,red bell pepper cut into slices

whole wheat flour tortillas

salsa for topping

1) marinade the chicken with the fat free italian dressing, over night in a ziploc bag. ( i did this for 30 minutes,forgot too)

2) Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium high heat. Add chicken,marinade and chili powder: saute unti chicken is no longer pink.Transfer cooked chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm

3) Lightly coat the pan agian with cooking spray:add the peppers and onions and saute for about 12 minutes until all is tender.

4) Add the chicken back to the skillet and heat through about 2 more minutes

5 warm totillas in the microwave between two dampened paper towels for about 45secs. Enjoy!

Hi everyone.

My day started off with KM (bootcamp premix) and I couldn't get in to it at all, and pulled the pin 35 mins in. I like the blasts and leg conditioning drills, but its not a real "love this one" DVD.

Then after a couple of hours I went back and completed GSL using heavier weights and this morning I have woken up with sore, muscles!

Todays workout will be GS Bis and Shoulders. I may to some cardio but I am not sure which yet.

Lori - when I bake I taste test all the way too LOL. I saw your post about giving up sweets. I can get to about 8p.m at a push, then :9 .

Amelia tell me what you think of SJP. I think I may need that one for a kickboxing workout.

Gayle - I enjoy running hills too. For some reason i can cope better hill running

Marcia - how do you find the time to get everything done? Where do you find the time?

Kath - Each year we out in a vegie garden and each year ...... well we end up with not too many vegies! The birds and dogs and whoever else wants to have dance parties in the vegie patch have a lovley time! ;-)

Must get going have a great day.

andrea

Andrea, I can relate to not loving a WO - I don't love the 4DS BC that I did today either. Not to say I won't do it - just don't like it that much. I like the original bootcamp much better :)

I let my vegetable garden get overrun w/ strawberries one year when I was pregnant. We have since pulled out some of the strawberries & replaced them w/ blackberries. I now am overrun w/ berries (straw, black, & raspberries) from May until September. How awful :9

I did cherry tomatoes in planters last year. Might try those in a whiskey barrel this year - the planters were too shallow. Need some herbs too, those would be good in the planters...

Gotta scoot - need to get back to work!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.