***12 Week Challenge Feb 18th***

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning Gals!

Just a quick check in to get us started!:) I have to work today and tomorrow so I am up early to get my workout done. Going to try and squeeze in GS C&T and a 6 mile run. Should be able to get it done if I start soon!
Yesterday was a much needed rest day. My body was fine with it but my brain kept bringing the workout idea to light every 5 mins! Geez! No rest for the weery! Everytime I thought there was downtime, I thought about working out. Never did get done but thats a good thing. I should have more energy for this weeks workouts!

Heather** I have to check these men out! LOL Your tooo funny!!

Lori:)

Hi Whew!!

WEll..... I must say I am speachless/ breathless, what nice eye candy that cleaver little possum Cathe has placed in her STS DVD's. Very nice!! I am still standing strong... I havn't pre-orderd .......................yet.
So there Cathe, what else you got up your sleeve}( Throw it at me. I can take it, I laugh in the face of........spunks, with yummy bodies, and that are wrinkle free! Ha! Ha!:p }( ;(

I had a great workout today of Muscle endurance followed by 400 jump jacks and I could only master 6 mins of skipping my calves got too painful.

Tommorrow I hope to do another hardcore cardio.

Enjoy the blog ladies, theres more to come I guarantee it! Cathe is trying to be very persuasive (spelling has never been an area I excel in) Have a great day,
Andrea

Hey girls

ok,im checking out the blog as soon as im done here,LOL

Lori-morning wonderwomen,i hope everthing turned out ok at work today!

Andrea-lol at you, i havne't preordered either-i just purchased alot of cathe dvds last month so that should do me for the year,LOL! great workout today...400 jacks? Wow!!!

Hey to the rest of the gang!

todays workout is GS legs(the first time,LOL---im scared)

bbl

ETA- I just checked out the blog and im slipping on my own drool,LOL! Now why hasn't Cathe used muscle men in her other workouts? Or has she?? I think my DH would be more tempted to do sts with men doing it too,LOL! Maybe I can talk him into preoredering??

Good Morning Ladies,

Wt this morning is unchanged no gain no loss. On tap for tonite is Total Body Sculpt then off to another Mary Kay function how do I let myself get roped into these things. TTOM probably why scale not moving.

Brkfst. don't know no time
AM snack-yogurt and banana
Lunch-healthy request chicken noodle soup
PM snack-apple and cheese
Supper-vegtable stew

Off to work still feeling alittle crudy cough isn't as bad today. Have a good day everyone.

Hey Girls!

My boss just left for a few mins so I am getting to check in again:)

I did GS C&T and a 5 mile run today. It was a gret workout. Going heavy with the weight work and my run was strong as well. I drink this energy stuff in the morning, that must work b/c todays run was just like an afternoon run!

I am planning a rotation for the next 6 weeks and cleaning up my diet (alot) my eating hasn't been that bad but Im getting down to the nitty gritty now...no white bread..no sweets...nothing that isn't healthy. I also signed back up to Sparkpeople and plan on meeting my goals for Carbs & Protein!

Here are todays meals:

B-Oatmeal, 1/2 banana
L-WW english muffin/cheese slice/1 egg,1 white/ lf yogurt
S-Slimdown protein bar
D-Chili made with lean meat and a roll/pineapple and cataloupe
And lots of H2o!

This is my rotation:
M-UB(heavy)+cardio
T-Cardio and abs
W-Full Body (moderate weight)+ cardio
T-Cardio and abs
F-Full Body + Cardio
S-Cardio and abs
S- Off

The following week Mon's will be LB instead of UB!
I will be back for personnals in a sec!

Lori:)

Re: The blog update. You guys are so funny! I'm right there with ya though - drooling away! LOL I was trying hard to resist STS but now I am seriously close to caving. Not only because the guys are hot but I think DH may get motivated to try these workouts if he sees these ripped guys in it.

Did PLB standing this morning. Don't know if I'll do the floorwork tonight or not. Legs had a workout yesterday with Absolute Kickboxing so I think the floorwork might push me over the edge.

Only 3 days of work this week! Yippee!! Looking forward to our mini-vacation and spending lots of quality time in the wave pool and hot tub.

Sue

Morning-- hmm maybe it's afternoon now :) :) well by the time I click post it will be :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

I made it to the gym AFTER my 10miler outside. Weather here is unseasonably warm and I took advantage of it. It felt great to be outside with the fresh air. Course my sneakers are a bit soak--but we can't have everything we want --huh? :) I was also able to do a *mini*circuit on some machines. DH and DS came along with me so I kinda took advantage of more time there. I also worked--no killed my abs on the machines :) I had the trainer help me with some stretches. So it was a nice sweaty evil workout }( }(

Eats are right on track.

I think we may watch the other movie we rented yesterday. Kinda just enjoy the day off so to speak. I'm thinking my legs will have some DOMS later---- YAY }( }( I'm a sick girl :)

Have a great day off everyone. I think it's family day in canada right?

I shall return--unless we get *busy* here.

Good morning challengers.

I've been catching up on the past couple days. Never made it back on Sat and yesterday was a non-computer day. Of work today but do need to get a couple things accomplished so am going to be brief on replies - not intentionally meaning to leave anyone out:7

Heather - have been thinking about you since your "I may quit" day and am happy to see you are still up to your challenge and seeing results:D

Gayle - To me my HRM is a great thing - so glad you got a GPS and it really isn't a little thing to those of us who are trying to stay healthy and monitor ourselves and our progress. Good for you, now let us know if you got lost, LOL!

Roxie - 34A here, 'nuf said;( But, at 50 am not sagging and don't have to worry about sports bras or sleeping on my stomach:+ Glad to see DH is supporting your exercising by getting you additional DVD's. You are going to be healthier now.

Lori - how do you find time for 2 hours of WO's daily? For my birthday I always wish for another 10 hours per day, but so far my wish has not been granted;(

A number of you inquired about the Fat Flush plan so I'll give you a nutshell version - it is basically a clean eating plan, similar to the South Beach Diet.

Seems to be approx 1200 calories and the first two weeks cut out all dairy and starchy carbs. You eat proteins, veggies and fruits only.

This is the one that has the "Longlife Cocktail" you may remember a while back. The cocktail is cranwater (1:8 ratio of cranberry juice<pure> to water with 1 tsp psyllium husks or 1 TB ground flaxseed) and is to elliminate water retention and cleanse, also supposed to help with cellulite).

You also drink hot lemon water in the AM before eating (1 TB fresh lemon juice to a cup of hot water).

Throughout the day you drink cranwater(no flax) and your fats come from what is in your lean meats and using flaxseed oil ontop of salads and veggies.

For the first two weeks you choose from:

Oil: twice per day, 1 TB flaxseed oil (you cannot use it in cooking)

Lean Protein: up to 8 oz per day (includes your whey powders)

Eggs: up to 2 per day

Veggies: unlimited except for carrots (limit 1 per day) and olives (limit 3)

Fruits: 2 whole portions daily of apple, 1/2 grapefruit, orange, 1 plums, 6 strawberries, 10 cherries, nectarine, peach, 1 cup berries.

The next phase you add in starchy carbs, 1 per day the first week and 2 per day the second week. These include 1 slice sprouted grain toast, small sweet potato, 1/2 cup green peas, and orange squashes.

Next is the actual "lifestyle" eating plan and you end up adding in up to 2 servings of dairy, up to 4 servings of the "good" starchy carbs (depending on what your body can tolerate).

So all in all - it is a clean eating plan that does a jumpstart and slowly you add back to see what will work for your own individual self, all the while by eating clean.

I actually have adapted to eating like this when I am being "good" - of course with the occasional treat, but I got carried away and needed to go back to the beginning to get myself "nutrition organized".

I, myself, really need to watch the amount of starchy carbs and the timing of them to keep me going in the right direction. The past couple years while going through the "change" and just flat out getting older has really thrown me for a loop. Was always easy to drop a quick 5 lbs as I have always been active, but now it is shear torture and hard work.}(

This 12 week Challenge was just what I needed and even though I don't get to posting daily, the inspiration from my fellow Challengers, along with our "fearless leader", Gayle:7 , has gotten my year off to a great start.

For that I thank all of you, <<sniff, sniff>> and am so happy to be part of such a great forum with kind, understanding and motivating fellow exercisers who are truly here for support and the love of trying to be as healthy as we can:+

LOVE YOU GALS/GUYS !

OK - bye for now and hope to make it back later - got tomorrow off too so hope to be around a bit more this week.

ETA: As far as the Fat Flush plan goes, the first time I followed it to a "T" but had only enough energy to do about 20 - 30 WO. Since being on this challenge I am focusing on about 60 - 90 a day and need the extra calories so I am adding a protein shake and sometimes an added fruit in the afternoon. I am not following strictly, but since the plan itself is a healthy one I am using in pretty much as a guide.

This is a rather slow thread today,isn't it?

Sue** I never thought about that. I bet DH would do this workouts as well. He wanted to buy the P90X workouts and I debated b/c I knew he wasn't going to use them and I didn't know if I would either. I should get him to look at these workouts to see what he thinks.

Kath** IMO there is no point in working out if there is no DOMS in the morning!

Jacque** The days didn't get any longer for you? LOL I don't know, I just find the time. Prehaps I put myself first! LOL I get it done no matter if its at 9 at night or 5 in the morning. I have a feeling as he gets older that there will be more a.m workouts in my future!

Slow day at work but its soon comming to an end! My eating as been good all day and my energy high!
BBL!
Lori

Good afternoon all!

Well, on Saturday, I ended up doing the TM. I am a complete non-runner, but I managed to jog at 5.0 for an entire mile!:D That was a huge milestone for me. My legs were definitely feeling it! Today I did MIS. The first time as it is one of my new ones. I like it, feel like I got a good workout, but there was a lot of down time, all those form pointers. I should have just FF'd through them, but I wanted to be sure I caught everything.

No new weight loss, so I am working on cleaning up my diet. I know that is my problem. DH bought me a GIGANTIC hershey bar yesterday and I ate the whole stinkin' thing. Today has gone better, I have been trying to up my protein, decrease my carbs and drink more H20. So far so good. I asked DH to PLEASE not buy me anymore chocolate. He thinks he is being so kind, but I have no willpower once it is in the house.

Gotta run, crying child....

TTFN!

Becca: Slap DH up the side of his head. What's he thinking? :) :)

Lori: Those who know me-- know I'm a *lover* of the DOMS. NO pain-- no gain I say :)

DH told me this afternoon to order the STS series. He told me I deserve it-- ok who hit him upside the head ? :)}(

We've put in a busy day----getting tax stuff together. Watched *we own the night*. Made two things of lasagna--one healthy and one so not healthy :)

I shall return girls :)

Kath - Thank whoever hit DH upside the head so you can order STS. :+ Get this, my DH told me weeks ago to go ahead and order it but I'm the one holding back because of the cost and wondering if I really need it. I think someone needs to hit ME upside the head so I order the darn thing before he changes his mind! LOL

Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.