***12 week challenge Feb 12th****

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning Challengers!

I just wanted to start the thread before i start my workout. I was planning on working out this afternoon and doing a long run but #1 I found out I had a dental apt at 1:15....#2 had to cancel my dental apt to go to work for 1:15! Either way, i won't be home this afternoon to workout while DS is napping so I figured I cou;d get 6-8 miles in now! Very sore from last nights UB work.
Not sure if I reported my workout yesterday but I did Scrammbled eggs (then DS woke) couldn't finish my workout. And then I did 4DSUB last night.Soooo SORE!

Have a good day everyon!

BBL!
Lori:)

Good Morning Challengers!

Todays workout is 30mins of either Lowmax or Imax2.

I plan on getting my haircut today,nothing new just long layers like usual!And I want to get a manicure and pedicure...lets see if I get too! DH is home so he can watch ds!

I made that Buffalo Chicken mac by rachel ray last night and it was very good! I was suprised! My DH wanted to try it-I hesitated because she puts hotsauce in with the macaronie...thought that was a odd combo,LOL! anyhoot if anybody is interested I could post the recipe!! She used whole wheat pasta too! Very clean meal!

That makes three recipes by her that ive tried and loved!

Lori-Enjoy your run and the Doms }(

ok,bbl

Good morning everybody! I am so sorry that I was sort of MIA yesterday. I really hate when the day gets started later than normal, because it just throws everything else off for the entire day!

Lori-LOVE those DOMS, don’t we? LOL I’m curious how you like the UB 4DS weight work??? I’ve only previewed the entire set and have only done LIS once.

Amelia-that Rachel Ray dish sounds YUMMO! Is it somewhat clean??? I’ll have to check out that recipe! My kids love watching her! As for your hair…enjoy your pampering. I’m considering getting mine cut by a ‘professional’. I’ve never paid anybody to cut my hair, my mom is licensed and has always cut mine. But she’s been battling cancer and lately hasn’t felt all that well, and I really could use a change of pace on this head of mine! LOL We’ll see! Enjoy yourself!

OK…..I was up earlier (than yesterday at least), but no as early as I would have liked. I did have time to get my whole workout in, but not my shower and stuff. No biggie. At least the workout is DONE! I did iTread 1 60 minutes and logged 5.75 miles. I wanted ‘easy’ miles today, so I followed the jogger’s numbers instead of the runners’ numbers. I actually felt sluggish. I really felt like I should have gone the faster paces, but I really wanted to keep today’s run low-key. I managed to hold back, but did kick it for the last 2 sprints! HA! Then I did PUB abs. LOVE those pikes now that I can do them!

There is a winter storm coming, supposed to hit here around noon. It’s still up in the air if the kids will get out of school early or not. We’ll see.

Yesterday I made Roasted Veggie Soup, and thought I'd share the recipe with you guys! It's one of my favorite soups, but it takes some time to roast the veggies, boil the soup, then puree it...but OH SO worth the effort once it's done (plus it makes a pretty large batch). Here's the recipe:

Roasted Vegetable Soup
2 turnips, peeled and quartered
4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 ½” pieces (about 1 lb)
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 ½” pieces
1 medium onion, peeled and cut into 6 wedges
5 garlic cloves, unpeeled
1 T olive oil
32 oz. fat free low sodium chicken broth
1 ½ C water
2 C 1% low fat milk
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
6 T fat free yogurt

Ÿ Preheat oven to 500° F.
Ÿ Toss turnip, carrot, potato, onion, garlic and oil together and place in a roasting pan. Bake for 45 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally.
Ÿ Squeeze garlic cloves to extract pulp. Place pulp, vegetables, broth and water in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
Ÿ Place one-third of the vegetable mixture in a blender; process until smooth. Repeat procedure with remaining mixture. Return it all to the pan; add milk, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Ladle into bowls; top with yogurt.

Notes:
· For BFL, I count this as a serving of carbs, and serve it with a serving of fish, chicken, beef or other lean protein! VERY FILLING, too!

Yield: 8 servings, 1 1/3 C each, 2 WW points per serving

Nutritional #s per serving: 124 calories, 2.6g total fat, 20.8g carbs, 5.8g protein, 3.6g fiber

Original Source: Weight Watchers Annual Recipes for Success 2007

Gayle

Good Morning,

Tonites workout is timesaver blast #3. I really don't have any meals planned out for today running way behind. Check in more later off to work I go.

Good morning, all!

A quick check in then I need to get the day going.

We are expecting a lot of snow today, so I am trying to develop plan B for all our activities today. I think I am going to wait until naptime for my WO today which is scheduled for Supersets. The boys are all at school and it's just me and dd now, but I am just not motivated to get out of my jammies yet.

I had a bad eating day yesterday. Panera sandwich for lunch and taco salad for dinner. Plus I was having some funky ovary pain yesterday so I medicated with chocoloate. Motrin has fewer calories, but the chocolate made me feel much better.
It's a new day and I am back on track.

Amelia, that mac and cheese sounds delish! Rachael Ray has some fabulous recipes. And you can never go wrong with hot sauce!
:9

Gayle, I made a soup very similar to that one time and it was yummy. I love the way the roasted vegetables taste. Thanks for posting that.

Lori, I hope that you get the workout in that you want today.

Everyone else, stick with it and have a great day!

Hopefully BBL!

Becca-I think they need to come out with milk chocolate-flavored Advil or Motrin...what do ya say? Forget about yesterday. Today...BRAND NEW!

Just got word that school is letting out early, after lunch. Which means I'm still going in for work, and that I'll have a house full of kids this afternoon till my friend's school is dismissed (her kids go to school with us and she's a teacher elsewhere). Anyway....see ya all later.

My legs are getting stiff. I may pop in SM later today!

Gayle

Morning Girls !!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr -11 this morning. Have no idea what the wind chill. It was cold x(

Today was 60minutes Circuit workout. 20 minutes on each machine. I also did the abs on the roman chair and two machines at the gym. I worked biceps to PUB and also used a few machines. Going to feel DOMS tomorrow }(

I wished rachael Ray would have more *clean* recipes featured on her show. I do know you can change a few things to some of her recipes to make them more figure friendly. Did notice she has feautured a few more since January so maybe she is listening to her fans :)

I'm off to the store. Yup forgot some stuff yesterday. x( I did go with a list too LOL!

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday.

BBL

Hey everyone! I didn't get up this morning - suffering from my usual Tuesday exhaustion after a "too busy" Monday. I'm planning to do CoreMax 2 at minimum this evening. As always I'm neglecting abs...HATE it!

Amelia, I make Rachael Ray's Stuffed Cabbage Stoup a lot. You can get the recipe from foodnetwork.com. It's really filling and clean too (I sub brown rice for white in her recipe and use either extra lean ground pork or xl ground turkey in place of the meatloaf mix). The mac & cheese sounds good, I might have to try that one.

Hi Gayle! Your roasted veggie soup sounds great. Maybe I can make some this weekend...

OK, I'd better get going. I have TONS of work to do today. Have a great day everyone!

Ameila** Is that the recipe with blue cheese? I watched a show recently and she seemed to be making something like that. But this recipe definitly wasn't clean. Sounds yummy though. Post recipe please!!!!

Gayle** I love 4DS UB but I still think I like my GS's better. I think that the GS's the past 2 weeks have made me stronger. When I was lifting last night I felt like I could go heavier but it may have just been b/c it was in the evening and I had fueled my body all day? Who knows! It is a great workout though and you should try it!

Roxie** Have a good workout!

Kath** Im not sure how cold it is here today but I thought about taking DS outside when he wakes. I guess I should check the temp. I also wish Rachel Ray had more clean recipes, but those shows usually don't.

Andrea** Rest when you can. My Mondays are usually pretty laid back, unless I am working. Its the other days in the week that get me!

Becca** MMMMMMMmmmmmmmm, chocolate covered Advil, Sounds good to me! hehe Hopefully you will get back on track today.

I have to say, my eating as been going good and the scale is moving downwards already:) I think I was just eating to much plain and simple. I don't even care if I get to 116 anymore, which is only 4 lbs away. Im just glad I figured out how to stop the scale from moving upwards:)
Todays workout ended up being a 5 mile run + 4DSBC. I wasn't overly energetic during my run, but I did it!

Lori:)

Hey girls
Here is a link to the recipe

http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=1481&r=1481

if you make it,let me know what you think! It looks pretty clean to me!

What do you guys think? Im not sure about the servings though,i just had a cup of it!

bbl

Gayle-I may have to try your recipe this weekend too! Im making that southwestern soup tonight:9

Andrea-i'll go check out that cabbage soup recipe your talking about! My DH won't eat cabbage,but I love the stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Becca-LOL,your right-can never go wrong with hot sauce;-)

Lori-great workout girl! Im glad your not worried about the scale moving up anymore and know it can be scary!

Hey to everybody:) gotta go get some homework done!

Hey guys. QUick post. I just punched all the numbers of the Buffalo Chicken Chili Mac into Sparkpeople to get the nutritional info on it. Here's what it looks like for 6 servings (which seem big to me).

Calories 354.2
Total Fat 14.0 g
Saturated Fat 7.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.0 g
Monounsaturated Fat 3.3 g
Cholesterol 66.4 mg
Sodium 1,127.3 mg
Potassium 774.3 mg
Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 32.2 g

Here are the numbers if you serve it for 8 servings:
Calories 265.6
Total Fat 10.5 g
Saturated Fat 5.3 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.8 g
Monounsaturated Fat 2.4 g
Cholesterol 49.8 mg
Sodium 845.5 mg
Potassium 580.7 mg
Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 24.1 g

Just thought I'd share!

Gayle

six serving is alot to me too! I had a cup which is probably less the 1/8th. gayle-wow thanks for taking the time to punch all the nutrional info inn!

The sodium seems high :-(

So,what do you think...maybe occasionally i could eat this?

Hey Everyone,

I'm back to post my eating for today.

Brkfst-banana muffin no time for anything else
AM snack-yogurt and banana
Lunch-left over low fat casserole
PM snack-cheese and apple
Supper-beans and weiners

Not to bad was upset with boss and bought a candybar, not a smart thing to do should've just walked it off.

Amelia-I think I'm going to make that Rachel Ray dish on Sunday. I'll get a pretty good idea of what a portion (for me) looks like. I'll let you know what I think then! I noticed the sodium is high also, but I'd just suggest making sure that you drink plenty of water during the day. No biggie, unless you have issues with sodium on a regular basis. So...........is it tasty?

Gayle

The sodium is pretty high in the Buffalo Chicken chili mac recipe, but you could cut it down quite a bit by eliminating the salt in the pasta water and by using a low sodium chicken broth. My DH has high BP so I try to eliminate salt wherever I can and I find I usually don't miss it, especially in things like this where there are plenty of other flavors going on.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't eat this occasionally. It's when we totally deprive ourselves of things that we love that the real problems come up.

I was watching Biggest Loser tonight and as hokey as I find it lately, it made me think today... Jillian's mom - a psychotherapist - was there and talking w/ some of the contestants about their emotional baggage and food issues. I don't have any HUGE issues like some of these folks, but I've noticed that I just seem to be self-sabotaging all over the place lately. This made me think about potential reasons for this. I've come up w/ some...now to figure out how to deal with them more constructively...

OK, I've gotta scoot. It's about time to start forcing people to go to bed. Why can't the kids just do what they're told w/o Mom blowing a gasket every evening? See ya in the morning!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.