*** Weight Watchers Thursday***

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies:)

I am up bright and early to get my run in before I head out. Baby group is at 9:30 but there is no way I am gonna make it in time:eek: I don't mind being a little late.

My scale is going up:-( What am I gonna do??? Could I be swapping muscle for fat now? Is that why its going up? Today I weighed 133.7, which is .8 more then Sun, and another .8 more then last week. I can't beleive that I went into the city 2 weekends ago, ate whatever and came back a pound lighter..whats up with that? BuT my measurements are staying the same, and in a couple of places have gotten a smidge smaller. I have lost 16 lbs without being hungry, prehaps it time for me to be a little hungry to lose the rest of the weight? I haven't found it hard to follow WW's at all b/c I was given lots of points, maybe I need to cut back on the points a little? Oh I dunno! Any suggestions?

Alright, gotta get my run in. Have a good morning everyone. I probably won't be back until lunch time.
Lori:)

Hi Lori and all that follow:

I'd say if your clothes are fitting the same or better but the scale is going up a little don't fret. Maybe take away a couple of points and see what the next will bring for you. It very well could be muscle, too, which is a good thing. Good luck.

I am teaching step class tonight, so that will be a good workout - especially when I determine what we do }(

Have a great OP day and I'll BBL.

Marcia.

Morning ladies:) !

Marcia-Sounds fun teaching a step class! I've always wondered how Cathe remembers all those steps and combos? How do you do it?

Lori-I wouldn't worry about gaining .8,its got to be muscle! Ya see,thats why I quite WI during the week,and only WI on the one day I've choosen! It drives me insane to gainx((when I know it can't be)! Could be good ol'water weight too;-)! Hows little guy doing?

Well,I've got one more day until I WI(on friday)can't wait! I've zigzaged my pts this week,so I hope it does the trick(agian;-) )! Todays Workout is gonna be body fusion and thats it(that WO kicks my bootie,didn't realize its 50 mins long) anyways ill bbl!

Today is my 'friday' for tommorrow My DH starts his 9days off from work for our anniversery(7yrs now),Im getting excited!

Have a great day everybody!

Lori, I'll bet it's muscle. If your clothes are fitting the same or better, that would be a clue. Do you have any kind of a bodyfat monitor you could check? Soooo frustrating, I'm sure!!

Amelia, wow, congrats on the 9 days off with DH! Sounds fun.

Off to B&G.... }( }( }(

Cheryl

Good morning laidies,

today I doing PLB!

Lori have fun with your baby group! Don't worry about your weight! Like Cheryl said !I'll bet it's muscle!

Amelia 9 day vacation with DH! What are you guys planning to do!

Cheryl have fun with B&G! Haven't done this one in awhile!

Marcia have fun with your step class tonight!

Big hello to everbody that follows!

Have a great workout !
Belinda

B&G was killer. My lower body feels like jelly!

Belinda, good luck with PLB - it's just as bad, I think!

Cheryl

Good morning!

Well, I lost 1.2 lbs. in less than a week. I think that's pretty good because I don't have that much to lose. I would have loved more...and I definitely felt like a lost a "ton" but it beats gaining it. I loved, loved, loved the lecturer last night so it looks like Wednesday weigh-in for me from now on.

I'm sure it's all muscle, Lori!!! You work out so much and are doing so good. I often wonder about that. I workout like a dog at home trying to build muscle while trying to lose weight??? I don't know if it's a contradiction or what....

Cheryl, B&G IS A KILLER!!!!! My legs always feel like jelly too!

Marcia - have fun at your step class. I often wonder if instructors mimic video routines. I remember I used to take a body sculpting class at the gym (it was one of my favorites at the time) and when I look back at it she often sounded like Cathe. (I didn't know of Cathe workouts at the time but I bet she did) She did so many things that remind me of Cathe. Do you ever find yourself mimicing Cathe or others? I know that's what I'd probably do, lol.

Amelia - good luck at weigh-in tomorrow! Have fun with DH too }( .

Hi Belinda, have fun with PLB - another killer workout.

Have a great day!!!!!! I don't know what's on tap for today but I do know it should be cardio. We'll see........ :)

Nancy

Hi Girls:)

Back from baby group, which I walked to, and my face is freezing! Its so cold out. I don't know when we are gonna get summer...or even Spring!:-( I was gonna walk to BURPS this afternoon to get DS weighed but Im not sure I want to. Its not very far but I don't like the cold. Of course he isn't cold b/c he is all buddled up.
I did a 5 mile run earlier and PH abs...and then my walk:) Everyone at play group was eating muffins and I just wanted to throw in the towel and have a 500 cal muffin...but I didn't. They looked so good though.

Marcia, have a good workout tonight. When is your weigh in day? You must be curious to see how much you lost this week. I loved the 5 lbs weeks! I had a couple of weeks where I lost almost 5 lbs and it was awesome!

Cheryl, you were ambitious today. Ive only done that workout once. I really enjoyed it but I still like GS Legs better. I saw great results in my lower half when I did GS LEgs once a week.

Nancy, good job on the weightloss. HOw much do you have to lose? Im at 3-4 lbs now and I can't get it to budge. But I am nursing so I may keep it until I stop. Atleast I ditched 43 of what I gained while preggo.

Amelia, have fun on your vaca! You never did get a swim suit did you? To bad. Is there anyone out there that enjoys swimsuit shopping? There was a girl at play group talking about going south and I was so jealous. I wish we were going somewhere!

Belinda, have a good workout!

Did I miss anyone? YOu guys are probably right, prehaps its muscle...or atleast I hope it is. My clothes are fitting the same and I am even getting into some size small shirts that I have. Prehaps I should ditch the scale for a while...but its so addictive!

Hey Lori -

I weigh 121.something now. I'm only 5' so I could really get down at least another 10 lbs. But last time I lost weight and got down to 108, I looked sick (at least people used to tell me that). Unfortunately, when you get a certain age you can't be too thin. I'd probably be happiest at a 5 - 7 lbs. loss and try to stay there -that's the hard part, though.

Congratulations on the weight loss! You have a lot to be proud losing the preg weight so quickly!!!!

Nancy

Lori-no never did get a swimming suit,UMMMM,maybe next year i'll have the courage to buy one;-)sounds like you got a good workout today! I hate walking when its cold out too! I can't wait until we have the room to get a TM,I want one really bad! Right now our little place is just that,little! I didn't know you lost a total of 43 pds,thats great!

Nancy-Congrats on the weight loss! Im glad you enjoyed your meeting yesturday,I think it's neat that lifetime members don't have to pay for meetings:). How long have you been with WW? Enjoy your day!

Belinda-were planning on going out of town mon,tues,and coming home sometime wesnday(probably lounge around on the beach while were there)!My DH metioned staying wesnday night also,dunno yet! Then just hanging out around here the rest of the time!

Cheryl-You sound like me,my legs are starting to become really soar,I did lower body yesturday and then my workout today didn't help!(but I love it though}() Buts and guts look real scary,Congrats on that workout! I'll get there one of these days,lol! I need to run down to the store and get some more Ibuprophen;-):+!!

so,im done with Body fusion,decided to do the three step combos and all the upper/weight work! it was a good workout too! My legs are still soar from lower body wo yesturday! so didn't do the lower half!

Question(s): In LIC,Do you have to use a barebell? And those bands,can I find them at a department store like target,walmart(hate going there}() Im ordering it probably when I get back from vacation so need to get all the equipment also! I wanna do it as soon as it arrives!

Amelia, I guess 43 lbs doesn't count b/c I was pregnant:) I gained 46 lbs, lost 22 lbs 5 days PP, and got stuck at 149 lbs for 2 weeks and thats when I started WW's. So, it been 12 weeks and Ive lost another 16-17 lbs. I know I shouldn't be to hard on myself b/c I have come along way. My mom was talking about how big my stomach was when I came home from the hospital. She said I looked 5 monthes pregnant and she didn't have much faith in me losing it...boy,did I show her}(

Nancy, I hear ya on the 5-10 lbs! My first goal was prepreg and then it was 125 lbs, which is 5 lbs less then prepreg. Right now, I am stuck at 132-134;( I could never maintain 125 before but I thought that it might be possible this time b/c I have less muscle...still don't know if I am gonna get there!

Must go see what is in the freezer for dinner.

Amelia - I've been with weight watchers now for about 7 - 8 years, I guess. The school I work in decided it to do it at lunchtime and have a lecturer come in and weigh us, etc. You have to have 10 people to join and they only had nine. So...I decided what the heck, I already tried to follow it and could use to lose a few lbs. so I was their 10th. Well, I quickly became lifemember and have been using their services all of this time. All for the low cost of about $100 at the time, I think.

It's been worth it to me because in order to continue you must go weigh in at least once a month so it has helped to keep me honest, lol!! I don't ever want to pay them so I guess it's kind of like a challenge. However, now I'm pushing my challenge because I can only go to 123 lbs. and then I have to start paying again until I'm down. (and then maybe for six weeks after that). I like their format as long as you eat cleanly too. I'm not sure it's enough calories though - especially because I like to weight lift. (I'm not big on the cardio portion) I'm pretty hungry at 20 points. My problem is not that I don't eat cleanly, it's that my portions are OUT-OF-CONTROL and I'm slowly inching my way up the scale the last few years.

Lori - do you become a lifetimer when you hit a certain mark too? You should be because you paid them for the service. I don't know how it works online but I'd look into it. Then, if there's a center near you, you only need to go once a month and KEEP YOURSELF HONEST TOO, LOL!!!

Nancy:)

Okay, I'm going home....I don't know what's for dinner either. x(

Just a quick check in!

I am done with Pyramid lower body!

My sister from Germany called me ,while I was working out! She is also a lifetimer! She is sending me books and info on WW( so I still can eat my German food!) and then her and I will start WW next week together! If I can mix German/ American food, I am good to go!
What are you guys eating for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Amelia do you have Basic Step! If yes, do you have the premixes on there? Mine form target doesn't have any premixes!!

Tomorrows workout is IMAX 1!! Now I know it is on RS!

Have a great afternoon:D
Belinda

Amelia, yes, you do use a barbell for LIC. I love that workout. I think you'll really like it.

You can get the dyna bands on the web or eBay (just make sure you get a 6" length) or you can also get it at someplace like Garts or Big 5 sports, etc.

Well worth it. They're not very expensive. I got mine on eBay, I think - just make sure you get the 6' length.

Nancy, sounds like that WW membership proved to be a great investment for you :)

Belinda, nice workout!

Cheryl

good morning...whoops i mean evening:) i am having one of those days!!my little guy has a fever and he is very irritable. i am going to be brief because... well i am sure you can all imagine. i hope everyone has a great night and i will try to check back later tonight:)

Hello Ladies!!

I hope everyone's day went well and your evening goes even better!

Nancy- Congrats on your weight loss!!! ***Yayyyyy!!!*** Also, congrats on the fact that you are a lifetime member. WW has gotten and will get a small fortune from me by the time I b/c lifetime. That is okay- better for WW to get than McDonald's! LOL:D

Lori- I am sure that you are gaining muscle from what you described. Also, have you considered that it could be water as someone else mention or TTOTM gain. I tend to think if you either drop a couple of points or increase exercise you will shock you body to react.

Macia- Hello to you! Forgive me, I am not use to all the acronyms yet. What is an "OP" day?

Belinda- Hello to you too!! Help me out with that "PLB" amd "PH abs" mean. Also, regarding what I eat on WW- Breakfast- Special K Almond; Snack- whey protien shake w/fruit (b/c I did weights today) otherwise yogurt; Lunch- 3oz. grilled chicken breast, brown rice and spinach; Snack- cheese and celery sticks; Dinner- grd beef pattie grilled, sweet potatoe fries oven baked and salad. Hope this helps

Amelia- Congrats on 7 years!!! Yayyy!!!!!!:D Hope you and your hubby enjoy the vacation!! Catch some sun for me.

Mary- I am sorry to here about you baby.:-( I hope the little fella feels better soon!!

If I forgot anyone, I apologize!

Today I did treadmill 20 min after PP. This evening I did KickMax- the four combos.

I am excited b/c yesterday I got Sugar Ray Leonard & Laila Ali's new dvd's in the mail; I also go two new Prevention workouts 3-2-1 and The Sugar Solution; today I got Lotte Berk; and I have Shiva Rea, and two others on the way. Last week I got Criss Cross Cardio (that looks really fun!!); Absolute Kickboxing w/Kim Spreen; Kick Butt Boot Camp w/ Mindy Mylrea; Step Boxing w/ Kelly Coffey-Meyer (not sure I will like that one) and Katy Smith's Cardio Knockout (two kickboxing and one Thai Chi workout). You all have me wanting Sweatfest Cardio and Squeeze. I still have lots of Cathe workouts I have to work up to. What is a girl to do? Now you understand my screen name- Butterflygurl- I go from one thing to the other like a little butterfly going from flower to flower!! :D

Have a fabulous night!!!

Kim - Wow on all of your new workouts! I just borrowed some Lotte Berk's from the library. I previewed them but they seem so easy and I'm not sure if I understand the pelvic tuck. I'm going to have to try them. Please let me know what you think of them.

Mary - I hope the baby is feeling better soon! It's so hard because it hurts you more than it hurts them. I hate when my kids are suffering with something!!!

Cheryl - Yes, Weight Watcher's has lost money on me, lol!!!!

Belinda - It sounds like fun doing WW with your sister in Germany. I didn't give it any thought but their books must be different for the different foods. How fun!!!! I also think it might be fun to list the things we eat for the day. It may give us more motivation to stay OP and also give us some ideas of what to eat. Do you want to start tomorrow?

OK, I did GS BSB when I came home and PH abs. I feel good today. I made omelettes with a salad for dinner. The omelettes had onions, mushrooms and zucchini in it. I flavor it with some grated cheese and parsley. I made the family's with regular eggs and made mine with six eggwhites (I saved some for tomorrow's breakfast). Scrumptious!!!! I'm truly out of things to make for dinner. It's always the same thing - chicken, soup, chili, pasta with veggies. I don't know what else to make. I made flank steak on Sunday - we figured out that it was the first red meat we had eaten since last summer.

Okay, what a rant!!!! Have a great night!!!

Nancy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.