*** Weight Watchers Saturday***

gidget1978

Cathlete
Top of the morning!:) :)

One more day of bad eating to go;) hahaha Not really but we are having a staff party here tonight and DH is ordering food from a pub so ya know its all deep fried stuffx( I could have something before that though and then I won't want that stuff. That kind of stuff doesn't bother me, if they ordered a tray of desserts...then we would be in trouble!
I had about 18 people here last night but it wasn't to crowded at all. I can't beleive we didn't get any pics! All of my family was here and my sister lives away so its not very often that all of us are in the same room at the same time.
Speaking of my neice...I hope I wasn't sounding mean or bragging! I just can't beleive that we are the same size. She is not fat but a little "thick" and not as tall as I am. But last night I had my sister try on pair of jeans that I had when I was about 4 monthes PP and now they are to big for me. They were to small for my sister and my mom so I gave them to my neice, not thinking they would fit her and they did! To a "T".

Anyway...I was going to run today and do a full body workout but the sun isn't shining yet like its suppose to...so I will do BM2 if the sun doesn't pop out:) Oh and I think I am catching DD's cold!:-( Her father passes it on to her and now I am getting it!!!!:-(

Lori:)

Hey Girls,

My DS(who's two) woke up,climbed out of bed,went into the living room,turned on the tv and started watching cartoons:eek: Now THATS Scary,LOL! I guess the tv was already on cartoons chanel,so that means my DH was watching cartoons before coming to bed,HA!

Im going for a nice,long walk/jog this morning!Im waiting for my fiber one ceral to digest:9 ! Im getting back on track today!(Even if there is chocolate cupcakes on the counterx( ) but none for me;-)

Lorie-We know you weren't bragging:),I would be proud too! Thats a nice accompliment(even if you weren't trying to accomplish it;-))Your going for a run and a full body workout:eek: :eek: :+ !I think I would be dead! Im almost dead after a walk/run;-)! And a tray of deserts would definately strike my fancy;-)!

Lainie,Hows your ankle this am?

Cheryl-Just wanted to comment on how GOOD you look in your picture trail,I checked it out yesterday after somebody asked you a question about it! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

Hey to everybody! bbl!

Amelia, I can't eat before I go for a run. I get wicked stitch so I stop drinking coffee about 30 mins before I go and I am usually safe. If I ate...I would DIE!
I think what I was trying to say about my neice was that I can't beleive 13 yrs ago she was a baby and now we are the same size...not that you thought I was bragging anyway:) She is probably going to be a big girl anyway. Her mom and her two sisters are big boned and heavier set women and she seems to be going in that direction. But ya never know..she may change:) Although most kids are bigger these days anyway.

So I just got back from my run. I did about 12 Kms again, more normal route when I am home:) Now DH is gone and Im debating doing a full body workout cause DS is on the go! I need to get something to eat though before I tackle anything else.

Lori:)

Good morning all. My boys are getting annoying this morning. Yes, they are adorable; I love them to bits, etc., but they are annoying. Lots of "mine! mine!" and that sort of thing.

It's going to be pretty hot today so later this morning we're going to the mall. I'm not a big fan of the mall on weekends, but DH is out of town and the mall has great a/c so it's better than being home with Whiny and Screamy. They are slightly better behaved in the mall as long as I keep moving. I can't wait for school to start!

Lori, your story about your jeans and neice reminds me of a memory I have of my much older cousin when I was a kid. I have this beautiful cousin, Sandy, who was a model in the 80s. She was probably 5'11", blonde, legs for days, gorgeous, thin, etc. She's one of the few thin people in our family (I could lose 15 lbs or more and I'm one of the only other "thin" ones--most of them could lose a lot more than that). I was her flowergirl when she got married--she's about 17 years older than I am. When I was little, people used to tell me I looked like her and that I would grow up to be as beautiful as Sandy, etc. Of course I believed them--until one day when I was riding in the passenger seat of her van (she was a soccer mom by then). I looked down at my legs and then over at hers and realized my thighs were fatter than hers. And I was only 12. Not long after that, I was talking to a cute guy at my dad's church (where Sandy also went). I'd just met him (I only spent a few weeks a summer at my dad's house) and he said "You know who you like? You look like Sandy". I was thrilled to be compared to Sandy again. Then he said, "No wait, I know who you look like--you look just like Barry." Barry is my oldest brother. My large bearded brother. It's true we look alike--same facial shape and same eyes, but it was still harsh to go from Sandy to Barry. Sigh..,

OK, sorry for the long rambling story. I wouldn't think you were bragging about your thinness--I just hope I can get back to thin myself! I'll never be very thin because I'm by nature a curvy girl (luckily an hourglass curve, it's just it's too big of an hourglass curve right now), but I'd like to be at least a little more trim.

Amelia, that's pretty funny that your 2-year old sat himself down to watch cartoons. At least he entertained himself a bit. My 2-year old is still in a crib (I'm amazed that he hasn't attempted to escape from it yet, considering his rambunctious personality) so I wake to him yelling to get out.

My ankle feels fine when I'm not using it. :p Unfortunately I'd rather be using it. It is also fine for walking as long as I'm just moving forward. I don't limp or anything most of the time. However, if I try a lateral move it hurts again. So I'm still sidelined. I'm going to rest it over the weekend and see how it feels on Monday. Yesterday I did CTX Upper Body Split, which I'd never done before (so far I've only done the kickboxing of CTX, which seems a bit of a waste for the cost). So at least my upper body got a workout.

Yeah, Cheryl does look great in her picture trail--I hope I look so good when I have grown children.

OK, gotta get Screamy and Whiny ready to go to the mall.

[font face="palatino linotype" font color=purple font size=+1]***Lainie***

http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html

"The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself." -- Mark Twain[/font]

Aw, shucks, Lainie and Amelia, thanks for the nice compliments...

Lori, wow, you are working out like crazy today! Hats off!

I had great plans to do a double workout - but I slept in and did only Step Works and am going to let that suffice. It's still been a very good week.

Yesterday we had a great company celebration meal at Olive Garden (oy!) and I indulged in deep fried calamari appetizer and even a breadstick. An 1100 calorie meal according to SparkPeople. I did manage to work it into my calories for the day, though, to keep the day's total at 1470 and did have a decent workout yesterday a.m. So I'm keeping it in perspective. These are the kind of situations and choices I need to learn to make second nature. It's coming.

Did go shopping at the Sundance Catalog Outlet and found a great skirt, sweater, and white rip-stop cargo pants that I loved, all on sale. A nice day!

Have a great Saturday, everyone!

Cheryl

Hey girls,

we just got back from grocery shopping....it soooo hot out!x( x(

Lori-Whats wicked stitch? Is that some kind of pain a runner gets?

Cheryl-Your making my drool...Olive Garden,yummy:9.

Lainie-I hope your ankle feels better soon!

Low max came on fitv this morning,so I recorded it on VHS}( plan on doing it monday! Coremax comes on monday,Im going to record that one as well}( }( !

Hi ladies,

No workout for me today! I had a garage sale and made $ 330! Not bad for a few hours! The heat made me tiered!

Amelia I love, love Core Max and Low Max!!

Lanie how is your ankle doing?

Cheryl Olive Garden yummy! You run it off!

Lori great job on your workout! I have to workout 2x tomorrow!

Hi to Nancy!

Have a great evening!
Belinda

Hi girls,

Can't talk long, but just had to share--I lost a pound today when I did my (at home) weekly weigh-in!! Woohoo!! Ok, technically it was .7 of a pound, but I'm rounding up ;). Seriously though, I think this is the most I've lost in one week since I've started using Sparkpeople 6 or so months ago. I usually lose .3 - .5 of a pound--which of course, I end up gaining the next week again. It's the same darn pound LOL!

Now I've had two consecutive weeks of weight loss, for a total of 1.2 pounds, which for me is decent enough. At least it's moving in the right direction!

*crossing fingers that I make it a threepeat next week*

Btw, has anyone here discovered Google 15? It's a neat little weight tracker tool on Google that calculates your rolling 7-day average, so it takes out all the little annoying day-to-day fluctuations and gives you a much more steady weight, so you can see if the sudden 2 pound gain from one day to another is something to worry about, or if it's just water retention or something. It's been a godsend!

Jennifer

Jennifer congrats on your weight loss! Thanks for the web site! I will check it out!

Have a great weekend!
Belinda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.