*** Weight Watchers Friday ***

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning Gang,

Im up and at 'um bright and early. 5:58 to be exact!x( DS had a tiny nap yesterday evening so he didn't go to bed until 10 last night but he slept until 6 in the morning:) I would consider that sleeping through the night but I kind of wish he had slept for another hour.

So...he is gone for his nap now. Im going to try to get a run in and MM. Maybe I will do MM first and my run after. I am also planning a walk this afternoon but its cloudy out and that may mean rain.

Amelia*** I know how you feel about the weight gain. I havent' been up 5 lbs but I have been up 3 and thats almost as bad! It doesn't take long to come off though if your really good:) I have to stop picking at food. I have been content at this weight for a while but I think I want to get serious now and get to 125 lbs. I thought monday would be a good time to buckle down, but why? Weekends aren't what they use to be? I don't drink myself silly every weekend anymore and then get take out on the way home...so I will start behaving myself today:)

Cheryl*** I love BC to! I usually incorp a run in with it though. I haven't done that one in a while. That would be a great workout for tomorrow morning:)

Belinda*** I wonder is your bread like the bread you can get in Cuba? Their bread is pretty crusty. I like the freash,soft bread. Not to soft...but just right! LOL:) Again, I really wish I could do all the premixes..oh well. Maybe when I win the lottery and I have nothing better to do with my money then replace most of my workouts.

Kim, Nancy....(who else)..oh MARY!!! (I think thats it)Good Morning and I hope you check in with us today
BBL:)
Lori:)

HELLO ladybugs...well iam checking in after breakfast..just todays breakfast:) well i made it through yet another day at the zoo and the effects are starting to wear me downx( today is my little ones 1ST b-day and i am having a few people over tomight but his big party is next month. i am a little sad becasue i dont have my mom today to sing happy b-day(should would call at 6:00 am so as to be the first caller:) )i went and hired someone from bestbuy to install my dvd plaer because I WILL NOT WAIT ONE MORE DAY!!!. I cant beleive what they charge but you know waht...i need my cathe!! i have to bake a cake now so i PROMISE that i willtry and come back TODAY

lori: i would say your little guy is sleeping through the night. those 1st few months are so tough for me..i must sleep or else i am a crazy person

good mornin' to cheryl(crazy runner), belinda girl, a-m-e-l-i-a(singing)nancy(you go girl...daughter at yale..i am lovin'it!!!)and miss kim have a super sooper day
oh..i tried to upload pictures of my new baby and it is not wotking so i will try again

Good morning Lori and Gang!

I never had bread from Cuba! If it is crusty I like it! Sorry you can't do any premixes! You only have tapes, right? I had no idea there are so many prexixes on Cathe's DVD's!

Mary Happy Birthday to your little one! Have fun at your party!

BBL!

Belinda

Good morning girls!!!

Mary - Your mother is still there. I know it. My father has been with me always - I feel it! She is always at your side - in good times and bad - STOP and feel her. You'll see what I mean!! I know that it hurts at big events in your life. Have a great birthday party and congratulations to your little one year old!!! I can't wait to see his pictures!!

Lori - I know you're glad that sleeping is going a little better!!! It's a nightmare trying to function on broken-up sleep!!!

Hi, Belinda and all who follow!!! Have a great weekend. I won't be able to check back in until Monday evening or Tuesday. HAVE A GREAT ONE!!!!!!

Nancy :) :)

Hi, everyone! TGIF!
Haven't decided what I'll do yet this morning. Maybe a cardio day.
I stayed up very late working last night on writing projects...

Mary, I agree with everyone else - I'm sure your mom is still with you on a regular basis.

Lori, have a great workout today! I'll report back in later what I choose.

Best news of all - it's FRIDAY!!!!
Have a good one, everyone!

Cheryl

Hey Girls,

I managed to suffer through MM and a 4 mile run. The run was fine but the weights were really taking a toll on me. I think I am more tired then I feel b/c every weight felt twice its size!

I will be back later, baby wants attention and mommy wants a shower:)
Lori:)

Good Morning WWer Gals;-)

Im done with my workout already and glad too! I did LIS and Total Body Sculpting plus one segment from TBStecthing,I feel great. MY WI is a little bit better,now iam up 2.5 instead of five,But just like the song goes"Im not gonna let it get me down,Im not gonna cry;( something,something,Cause Tommorrow's Another Day,And Im Thirsty Anyway,so BRING ON THE RAIN!" I love that song!(even if I don't know all the words,LOL)

Lori-Good morning busy bee! Have fun with MM,don't have that one...yet!But Im sure I will oneday!

Mary-Good Morning,You got me singing this morning,LOL!(Thank goodness you guys can't hear me:eek: )

Cheryl-Its a beutiful Morning,Have you decided what workout your doing today? Well,whichever one you choose,have fun with it!

Belinda-I hope you can check in with us while your in Germany,I hope your trip goes well!

Nancy and all who follow have a good day!bbl!

Hi ladies,

I am also done with IMAX 2 premix!!! Yes, I am also glad!:D :D

Amelia I am glad you weight is down! Glad you had fun with your workout! My sister's have a computer, I will try to check in!

Lori MM is on Cathe's rotation very often! It's a tough one! I really didn't like that one at first}( }( The more I do this one the easier it gets! Hang in there! Great job on your run!

Mary good morning to you too! What workout are you doing today?

Nancy and Cheryl have a good day!

BBl! DH is home today}(
Have a great day!

Belinda

****I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT*****

I OFFICALLY HAVE A DVD PLAYER!!!!! well the bestbuy people came and it is hooked up and ready to go. i think that i may have to wait until tonight becasue of my little mans b-day but the fact that it is here is all i need. i just finished baking the cake and i have to clean, the babies are asleep so let me get startd.

thank you guys so much for your words about my mom....you are so right and i know she is with me, i just miss her so much

~Mary~YAHOO you have a DVD Player! Have fun at the b-day party! I bought some cupcakes and they were sooooo gooooood!

I was popping in to tell you guys that I have LIC on its way,I just order Dyna bands(pink,green)and tommorrow My DH metioned that were gonna ride over to sears and check out there barbell set...Im so excited,i've finally made that step out of beginner mode,LOL!

I saw a bbset at sears that was I believe 40lbs(Weider Junior) for 33$ comes with the smaller lb. plates,the one I was going to get at walmart didn't come with smaller plates and they were gonna charge me 18$to ship(thats almost the price of the set).

Anyways,just wanted to share my excitment,I knew you guys would understand!(My DH understand,but not so much my family,I don't think they realize just how exciting it is for me to get new workout stuff)

bbl

Mary about time you have a DVD Player! LOL!}( Have fun at your b-day party!

Amelia you all set and ready to go! LIC is one of my favorite! I also get very excited when I get new workout stuff~:D

Have a great evening!
Belinda

Yayyy, Mary, on the DVD player!

Yayyy, Amelia on LIC, the dyna bands and maybe new weights? Aren't you the lucky girl!Spicy Peanut Stew (Vegan - serves 6)
2 T Olive oil
1 med onion, diced (about 1 cup)
1 celery stalk, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 T. grated fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp)
1 med sweet potato peeled and cut into 1" chunks
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with chilis
1 lb. butternut squash peeled and cut into 1" cubes (about 3 cups)
1/2 lb cauliflower florets (about 4 cups)
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
6 cups cooked rice (white or brown)
1 head watercress, stems removed

Heat oil in a large pot over medium low heat. Add onion and celery and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in ginger and garlic and cook 5 minutes more until vegetables are soft. Add potato and tomatoes. Increase heat to medium and cook 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in 2 cups water and season with salt and pepper. Simmer partially covered 10 minutes. Add squash and cauliflower and cook 15 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
Whisk together peanut butter and 1/2 cup warm water in a small bowl. Add to stew and cook 4 minutes or until thickened stirring constantly. Spoon over rice and top with watercress and a spoonful of Cool Cucumber sauce.
204 calories per serving, 6 G protein, 10.5 G fat, 6 G fiber

Cool Cucumber Sauce - vegan - makes 1 1/2 cups
This is a salsa-like condiment to serve with the Spicy Peanut Stew.
1/2 peeled diced cucumber
1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 T lime juice
1 T. grated fresh ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
optional - 1 stemmed, seeded and diced jalopeno pepper

Mix all ingredients together and serve alongside Spicy Peanut Stew. 19 calories per tablespoon.

-Cheryl

I did Timesaver 1 this morning. All I had time for - but I really liked it.

Here's a great recipe I cooked for the church nutrition group earlier in the week that was a huge hit - enjoy! TGIF, everybody!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.