*** Watercoolers - Hump Day Wed *****

Morning,
Today I did 2 exercises to determine 1rm. Must remember to post them after posting here. Then did the Glutes and stability ball premix from Butts and Guts. Good little workout. Tonite is my golf night with a girlfriend.

BBL,

Good Morning Ladies,

My babies are another year older today. The twins are 10.:) All my Swans are double digits.:( Goodness, I'm getting old!!!:D No birthday party with relatives and other people's children this year. Way too busy for that right now. Since I have class tonight, we celebrated their birthday yesterday. After dinner, we took them to Build A Bear. We saved some presents for the girls to open today before I go to school.

After the girls went to bed, Phil and I finally opened the bottle of wine Debra left. He helped me create a music playlist for massage class. It turned into listening to samples of music from the 90s and then one hit wonders. OMW!!! It was so much fun and brought back so many memories. Dh was so funny trying to name that tune and artist before the music stopped. Not easy to do quickly after a couple of glasses of wine in the middle of the night. Anyhow, I don't even remember what I downloaded last night!!!!:eek: Guess I'll find out tonight in class.:D

Going to post before risking losing this post, and open a new window for personals.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Just finished IMAX 2, my all time favourite workout! Heading to the beach for the day. Sending birthday wishes to your girls, Wendy!

:):):):):):):):):):) PERSONALS :):):):):):):):):):)

Jeanette :)
When do you think STS will be shipped? I was thinking of devoting a day to do my 1RM. I'm going to wait until I get STS in my hands first since so many things can change from now until whenever it arrives. Oh! I love B&G. I should start my premix rotation soon. I'll be sure to include that premix!!! Hope today's workout doesn't flair up your hammie/hip/glute tightness too much. I didn't get a chance to talk to my teacher about it yet. I was soooo tired Monday night. I can't stay awake all night and function properly anymore. I'm getting to old for that.:D I'll ask her on Friday when I have her again. Oh! MyChelle... I finally got the Tropical Skin Smoother and Honeydew Creamy Cleanser. I'll need to get another batch of NoTox serum before this bottle runs dry.

Patricia :)
Which episode of Sheer Genius did you watch last night? The next episode for Sheer Genius and Project Runway airs tonight. The Body World exhibit is an artistic display of preserved human and animal body parts. It's really cool. I'm interested in seeing the direction of muscle fibers, the thickness of connective tissue, layers of fat, etc... I don't think this exhibit has the cross sections compariing people of two different sizes like the main show that's in NYC right now. My teacher was telling me that the skinner body had more fat than the bigger body.

KIM :)
Did I miss something? Are you going on a Disney cruise? I hear they are FUN!!! When exactly is the surgery scheduled? Are you getting nervous about your son's surgery? When my twins were younger, their surgeries always seemed to last forever!!! Hopefully, ds will be in a laid back mood when he wakes up from surgery. The chair sounds kinky. LOLOLOL Really, it sounds like a perfect pick me up present! Yes, birthday weeks are common here. The girls grandmom took them shopping for their presents last week. DD accidentally dropped her nintendo game into the hole where the seat belt comes through the seat. My MIL did everything she could to get it out. She even went to the dealership. They said it was impossible to get it. With all the ripping out seats and bolts they would have to do, it would cost her hundreds of dollars to get it out. :eek: MIL ended up buying dd another game!!!!:rolleyes: Baby hates getting groomed too. She starts shaking before we even get inside the doors!!! Whenever Baby pisses me off, I punish her with a doggie spa treatment.:D:D:D Hope you are feeling better today.

Debra :)
WTHeck is your lawyer doing???? Pretty soon you'll have to call her office every other hour and flood her with hundreds of emails!!!! LOL

Tracy :)
Now you all have got me thinking I should devote a week or two towards figuring out my 1RM. I guess I should look at the list too!!! I can't wait for it to get here. I do better with rotations.

Laurie :)
Hope work is slowing down!!!

Okay ladies. I need to do some laundry, go to the post office, and find some time to do my PT exercises before class. Oh that reminds me. I need to schedule PT appointments for later this week.

Wendy

Morning Coolers,

Today I managed to get in a 1m run with Cami, and 4DS Shoulders/Calves and Abs. Felt good! :)

Oldest DD started Xcountry on Monday, and she was really sore yesterday. I did one of those I told you so's. She was running about every other day, and then her longest was about 3 miles. They have practice from 8-10am and then again from 6-7pm. She said that they had their 2m time trials yesterday, and she was only in the 15 min range. I thought to myself that was pretty good for someone who hadn't been running all that much. She of course was disappointed in herself. :D Guess that is what makes her so determined.

Still don't have my report running correctly. I have given up for today in trying to understand people in India. :mad: My boss will just have to wait for the report until tomorrow.

Patricia, Busy days make the day go faster, but it sure does drag ya down by the end of the day. :)

Jeanette, Guess I best get busy trying to find my 1rm. I haven't even looked at the how to on that one yet.

Wendy, Tell the girls Happy Birthday! We didn't celebrate our DD's birthdays in a big way last year. But I have to plan a big one for my oldest in March. She is turning 16, and I know I can't let that just slip by. :)

Kim, Great workout, sounds like you and your family are having a great time.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Sorry I have been MIA so much this week. I am trying to get into the swing of school. :eek: Since DD isn't back to school until next week, I have had to schlep her to my mom's house (which is in the opposite direction of school) each morning...and then go by to pick her up...blah, blah, blah!! Anyhoo...that will get better next week when she starts back. :) I am taking 2 classes...one on campus and 1 online. I have physics class MWF plus a lab on Th and then my online psychology class I have a chapter due each week for a test plus I will have an online discussion assignment due each week, too. So far, I have just been doing some reading....no real projects or tests yet. :p I have my first physics lab tomorrow, so we will see how that goes.

No workout for me today....A day of rest is in order. I did SH shoulders yesterday plus 5 more 1RMs. I am still chasing my lawyer down...She was supposed to email me something yesterday...which never happened. :mad: So, now they are hearing from me every day. I am sure I am their favorite client.....NOT! :rolleyes: Anyhoo...dinner was good last night...no corn, though...it was a little rotten on the inside...you know how sometimes you just can't tell until you actually shuck it?!? So, we had fresh squash and heirloom tomatoes and pasta salad instead. Lots of chicken left over for tonight....so at least I don't have to cook! :D

Okay...back later for personals.....I promise!!!

I'm baaaaack!!

Okay...personals.....:D:D:D:D

Jeanette....
Glad you had a good ride last night...And good for you for helping DH when you got home! :) I hate to ask exactly what a 'plate vibrator' is??? CBL actually cooks too..We get in each other's way in the kitchen sometimes...LOL!

Patricia...
I don't have the Slim Series...Do you like them?? I haven't been into Shear Genius....but CBL got me into Flippin' Out. I watch Big Brother with him, too...although I really don't know what goes on...I just listen to him tell me about it. LOL! :rolleyes: Sounds like baseball is going great! We are going to see our minor league team play tomorrow night. Should be fun.

Kim....
I LOVE Imax2...I haven't been able to do it lately since my knees and butt have been giving me problems...and I just can't do the high impact. I did the cardio from CW the other day, and I had to modify in parts to keep myself from injury. Ugh. I'm not into cruises....but the Disney ones sound like a lot of fun....for everyone! Poor DS...I know he must be dreading the surgery. That sounds like along time to me too....but I am sure he will come through it like a champion!!

Laurie...
Sounds like you had a nice workout this morning! So the school runnings begin....I feel like I am running more now than I will once I get my little urchin in school. Can you believe your baby is going to be 16 years old soon??? That must be a big kick in the old ego!! :eek: I don't even like to think that my DD is going into the second grade...it seems like yesterday she was in diapers!

Wendy....
Happy birthday to the girls!!!!!! I know they got their presents from MIL last week...Did they get the webkinz they were wanting??? :p Build-a-Bear is always fun! Hope they have a great day! Just as a little heads up....you really won't be able to do your 1RMs in a day. You really need fresh unworked muscles to get an accurate number. I have been doing one from each body part a day. There are sometimes where I have had DOMS from the one exercise I did the day before. :eek:

Okay...think that does it for me now...It is about time to send the Diva to bed...Hope everyone has a good night.....I have a chapter of something to read....either physics or psych....one or the other!! :rolleyes:

Good Evening Coolers

Today just seemed to fly by. Went out for a sub for lunch and parked at the waterfront and ate it at the picnic table. Today was such a gorgeous day. I wonder why I don't think about driving down there more often. DH called me at 3:50pm to say he needed me to rush home to accept a delivery that he couldn't get home for so left work early. Thought it would be a good opportunity to get my w/o in early but only got 30min into TJ CP#3 before I had to stop and p/u DS from daycare. But while DS was driving the lawn tractor w/DH I got on my bike and rode around the neighbourhood for about 20min so I'm happy. Had to water the plants for the 1st time in several weeks. Yes our lawns are lush green and plants are flourishing here with all the rain we've had.

Jeanette - don't have B&G. I watch the preview every once in while though. Hope you had a good golf game with your GF.

Wendy - after a couple of tantrums by Matthew today, I wish he was turning 10. But no, I know not to rush things. It does seem though that 3 is worse than 2!:mad: I think I have heard of that show as I think it came to T.O. I think it can be gory if you not used to looking at what we look like under the skin. I don't think we'll be seeing STS before Oct. and it takes them longer to ship to Canada so I'm betting on Nov. Or they maybe waiting until Xmas in the hope of having everyone start it up NY's day.

Laurie - is your oldest a buddying Olympian? I love watching the track & field events, especially the relays.

Kim - you must be feeling better if you did Imax2! A very kind VF's sent it to me in VHS last month and I haven't had time to even preview it. It kind of scares me. I might try transferring it to DVD and create my own premixes.

Debra - sounds like your workload will be keeping you busy this fall. I always schuck the corn in the grocery store even if they have a sign not to. How else do you know if it is any good? Hope you hear from your lawyer soon. It must be hard the longer this drags out. The things we Mom's have to do in order to get to what we want/need to do. I was talking to a single Mom co-worker today and asked her how she did it, raising 2 boys and do our job but I guess we just dig deep and get it done and sacrifice.:(

Wendy - forgot to answer your question about Shear Genius. It was where they had to style a family member of one of the other stylist. I think we're a week behind.

Debra - I do and I don't like the SS. I use Burn it Up a lot for traveling as all I need is a resistance band and it doesn't take up much space. I did the SS about 1.5 yrs agos (it actually is a good series for trying to get in the habit of getting up at 5am to w/o.) I think you have to be careful and not overtrain with them by alternating cardio. I like using them when I don't want to w/o, but watch a t.v. program. They're perfect for doing both at the same time:D:D They are kind of boring but it doesn't really bother me. I sometimes think they hurt my knees after a while from all the squats so I'm carefull in spacing them out and backing off from them. I actually thinkg BIU is harder than any of the SS videos. Some people call it Barf it Up. The floor work is a killer - lots of various type of donkey kicks. Never heard of Flipping Out. Can't wait for Survivor and Amazing Race to start up this fall.:)

Ok, good night all.

Evening,
Had a good golf game tonite. Not too bad, putting needs some work for sure, but my instructor is supposed to be working on that with me tomorrow in my lesson.
17.gif
And we won't talk about the "10" I got on a par 5 hole. DH asked me if I "lined up the arrow on the club with the ball". LOL!

Patricia, your little stop at the waterfront sounds nice. I really like Butts and Guts probably the best of all of my leg workouts. Has a lot of variety in it. I remember when I first did it, I was sore, sore, sore for about 4 days. I'm feeling it a little bit now, but nothing bad at all.

Debra, get your mind out of the gutter, girl! A plate vibrator compacts the gravel/pavers. I've only seen one on a brochure. We'll be renting it on a Friday and should be done with the project by Sunday. Darn that lawyer anyway. What is she doing? Man, this divorce/separation has sure been going on a long time. Bummer about the corn. I too love corn on the cob. Anymore, I shuck it, rub butter on it, roll it in tinfoil and then throw on the grill. Is there an easier way? Love that white corn.

Laurie, LOL, but my sympathies on dealing with people in India. I went thru that when I got the laptop and it had a bad keyboard. What a draining experience it is. Seems like there are soooo many STS 1rm's that I need to do. I'm just going to try to get thru disc 1 right now. Must look and see what I need to do tomorrow.

Wendy, hope the birthday was great for the twins. I'm thinking STS will be done by November, but I'm just guessing. Do you like the NoTox? I got the C serum, but may get the firming or hydrating serum next time. They didn't include the NoTox in the sample package. My hips weren't stiff at all today. Must make the effort to stretch every day. I think it will help a lot. Must have been fun drinking the wine and listening to music. Glad you had a good time with your sweetie!

See y'all in the morning, must check the rotation for tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.