*** Thursday Kettlebellers***

Hi All,

Mom came through her surgery great. I'm at work now but will go back after work. She is suppose to be in the hospital until Tuesday or Wednesday due to her blood thinner issues. There were 2 nodes that were a little inflamed that could be due to a variety of issues one of which may be cancer. So if it comes back cancer she will have a dose of radiation.

My only exercise is walking around the hospital and up and down the 7 flights of stairs. I did 2 sets today and will do another walk up when I go there tonight.

Where is everyone today?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Jane - I'm so glad to hear your mom's surgery went well! :) Are you still doing your walking in heels? ;)

Waves hello to the rest of the gang! :)

Last night's workout was pretty lackluster: :eek:

ETK: 7 min of swings @ 16kg
* set the timer at 1 min intervals and did 20-25 swings then rested the remainder of the minute.
* okay, I've swung/swinged this amount before with no problem, but this just felt hard...phooey!

Cash out: Keith Weber-ized TGU session.
1 rep = 2 TGU + 1 OHS + 1 windmill + 2 snatches + change hands and TGU down
* 3r/3l @ 8kg.
* these all felt kinda sloppy, the light weight let me be sloppy without repercussions...blech.

Hope everyone's having a great day!

Hi all!

Crazy morning/day! running back out for errands and the boys haircuts in a few minutes!

here's today's workout:
http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

Jane: Glad to hear surgery went welll and mom is doing well. Hopefully the results will be good.

Gayle:: I like your cashout! sorry your workout wasn't as good as you would like. good job moving up to the 35#er!

waves to the rest of the gang!
Hopefully will have more time to "chat" tomorrow!!!!!

Good afternoon friends!

I have only a second, I am so sorry I can't stay for personals. :( I'll catch up later.

This morning, I had a hard time waking up... so I did a snatch tabata. Certifiably insane, I know, but I only used 20# and I felt excellent. It was like a Vitamin B shot (not that I would know, but I've heard) and only using 20#... I really think I have been pushing myself too hard - thinking I should be able to do more than I really can. No banging wrists, everything was wonderful. My form was just... well, it felt amazing, fluid, had a great rhythm. Worked on goblet squats when I was done. Nice start to the morning.

This afternoon, my real workout, I did a circuit made up of swings, decline push-ups, side planks, and turkish get-ups. I love turkish get-ups so much. :D

I have to run now!

Jane, thinking of you!

Melissa

Hi Everyone,

Jane - glad everything went well with your mum today, it must be a great relief for you, tried a few of the clips you sent me, unfortunately could'nt even do one of the one armed sit-ups, but I tried the Slash-and-halo and really enjoyed those.

Deanie - also took your advice on board about having the bell more towards my heels for the clean and swings, seemed to get more of a workout with this alteration. I was definitely puffing and panting more, but throughly enjoyed it and felt invigorated.:D

Gayle - ETK sounds like a fun workout I hope to maybe get Vol.1. sometime soon.

Big hello to Melissa, hope you had a good workout today, Hubby has given the big thumbs up and his seal of approval, so it's working wonders.;)

As usual I did Lauren's DVD, but throughly enjoyed adding the Slash-and-halo towards the end, it's nice to have a few differences.

Much go as it's Ethan's bedtime, see you all tomorrow.

Hi all sorry I have been mia. I have class on Monday ( though I did do an hour of Classical Stretch on Monday) and Tuesdays so those will be my rest days. Last night I did MMA Fusion and went to KM class. I am on tap to go to ground KM class and regular KM class tonight.

Deanie- Good workout this morning. Couldn't you just plop a bowl on the boys heads and cut around it? Just trying to save you some money:p.

Jane- Glad your mom's surgery went well. Praying for her to have a speedy and complication free recovery. Sorry about the sister you are having a difficult time with.

Melissa- I want to get back into KB's. Your workout inspired me. Right now I am just trying to reestablish my exercise routine.

Gayle- A lackluster workout is better than no workout. Maybe your body just wasn't up to it. Better luck this evening.

Waves to Ann and Marcy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.