*** Kettlebell Hump Day ***

Gayle

Cathlete
Good morning ladies!

I had a great workout last night. :) Here's the lowdown:

Workout A - squat, bench, deadlift

Buy-in: Limber up, 3/4 dead hang pull up, 3/4 dead hang chin up, 10x pull ups w/ 30# assist, TGU 3r/3l 12kg

Squat: 108# for 3x5
Bench: 68# for 3x5
Deadlift: 198# for 3x5

All sets were hard, but good. I'm going to try to increase the squat and DL for next time.

Anybody watch Lost?

Have a great day!

Good Morning!!

Gayle::: GREAT workout last night! I was going to say great job on the deadlifts, but all 3 exercises were great numbers!:) Impressive buy in too.... that was kinda like a workout in itself!

DH and I watch LOST!! and we are totally lost this season!... I think they all have to die on the island to get back to one reality of being back....???? Do you understand what's going on???

waves to the gang!!!

Here's my workout of the day:
http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

BBL!
DS10 is standing on my head, he wants to use the computer!! LOL!

later :cool:

Hi All,

I'm here...just scattered today. I did not workout yesterday. I was tired and didn't feel good. I'm going running tonight though even though it's cold and windy. :confused::confused::confused:

Deanie ~ Are you having fun with all the snow?

Gayle ~ I am not a Lost watcher...sorry!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

OOPS! :eek: I was looking for the "!" and didn't find it, so I started a new thread w/o looking for the word "kettlebell" anywhere! Sorry! :eek::eek::eek:

I am sore from my shoulders to my abs, hip flexors, glutes, thighs... I haven't been this sore in a long time! I thought it would be a simple cardio workout, but it slayed me!!! I can't do the workout today, so I will do it tomorrow with Deanie.

See you in a few! :)

Melissa

DH and I watch LOST!! and we are totally lost this season!... I think they all have to die on the island to get back to one reality of being back....???? Do you understand what's going on???

That is exactly what Dan and I think. But I have to be honest: being in a constant state of confusion with all of these twists has gotten really old. There were so many unresolved things they'd started and then dropped because they picked up on other confusing things and my mind is muddled when I try to think about it now! I was happy to hear them talking about "the infection" again. But I am getting a headache trying to put it all together.

My heart is completely broken with where Sawyer's story has gone... :(:(:(

My butt really hurts!

Jane, have a nice run! I actually like running when it's colder out - very exhilarating!

Nita, I would ignore the heart rate monitor, I don't know why, but I have never trusted them! :p There is no way that you burned that little doing swings, pulls & squats, tactical lunges and snatches and then some squats in between.
When did you get your TRX? Do you like it? I keep looking at it, and I swear I hear it calling my name sometimes....

I am so tired. And my butt hurts. DS climbed into bed with us last night because of a bad dream, and he was so warm and wonderful! But I was pushed to the edge of the bed, so I was up from 2:30 until DH got up at 6:30 and was only able to close my eyes for a few minutes at a time before feeling like I was going to fall off. I loved cuddling my boy! He never gets into bed with us anymore, so it was kind of nice. :)

This is so wrong, but it is sorta funny: Our neighbors across the street are a house full of bachelors. They are nice, but they are also how you would expect a house full of strait men to behave. Instead of shoveling their driveway so they can park in it, they were parking in the middle of the lane of the plowed street (had been doing that since it was plowed last Friday/Saturday). DH and I were a little miffed because it's dangerous to park so that cars would have to maneuver around you on icy roads. I think the plow-dudes were mad, too. Last night, one of them parked in their unshoveled driveway and the other two on the street. It snowed a couple more inches last night, just like the weather man said, and the plow guys came around at 6:30 this morning. The plow guys, instead of plowing around their cars, plowed into their cars and made their driveway a snow-dump target! :eek::D There is a mound of snow at the end of their driveway, I mean HUGE, and so instead of SHOVELING IT to get out one of the guys tries to back through it!!! He was stuck for about 45 minutes trying to shovel his car out - I know because I could hear his tires squealing. I think that is so funny!!! Does that make me a bad person?

Have a great day! :)

Melissa

Jane - Enjoy your run!

Deanie - Great workout! That PDF is interesting. I'm thinking about using my Barnes & Noble gift card for ETK.

Melissa - Hope your DOMS get better. LOL! about the guys across the street. That's hysterical! It's like having your own live reality TV show. :D

Nita - Nice workout! I agree Melissa...I don't trust HR monitors for calories burned.

Re Lost: I was also heartbroken for Sawyer. :( I think Claire has become the new Rousseau.

Hi Marcy!

Good Afternoon!

This morning I did Sadie Nardini's Core Strength Vinyasa: Transormation Through Weight Loss Inversions & Detox practice (80 mins.) She had me doing handstands! I managed to push away from the wall and hold a few on my own. I was also able to do compass pose: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...q=f&aqi=g1&oq=

and held headstand for 8 seconds. I was a little disappointed for an inversions practice that she didn't have shoulderstand or headstands so I did them on my own.

Nita - I have a Polar F4 monitor. My battery was dead when I was doing ETK and the AOS DVDs but I know for Amy's Kettlebell Dynamics DVD (3 30-minute sessions), I burned between 167 and around 218. I've been using the F4 for a few years now and I find it to be pretty accurate. But the fitter you get, the less you burn.

Melissa - When they had the clips for Lost for the first season, it looked so good to me, I just had to watch it. I watched the first show, was totally bored, never got into it and never watched it again.

The bachelors should know better! They got what they deserved.

Deanie - Great job on the cleans!

Gayle - Great workout!

Waves to Rhonda and Jane!

My heart is completely broken with where Sawyer's story has gone... :(:(:(

Me too!!:(:(:(

This is so wrong, but it is sorta funny: Our neighbors across the street are a house full of bachelors. They are nice, but they are also how you would expect a house full of strait men to behave. Instead of shoveling their driveway so they can park in it, they were parking in the middle of the lane of the plowed street (had been doing that since it was plowed last Friday/Saturday). DH and I were a little miffed because it's dangerous to park so that cars would have to maneuver around you on icy roads. I think the plow-dudes were mad, too. Last night, one of them parked in their unshoveled driveway and the other two on the street. It snowed a couple more inches last night, just like the weather man said, and the plow guys came around at 6:30 this morning. The plow guys, instead of plowing around their cars, plowed into their cars and made their driveway a snow-dump target! :eek::D There is a mound of snow at the end of their driveway, I mean HUGE, and so instead of SHOVELING IT to get out one of the guys tries to back through it!!! He was stuck for about 45 minutes trying to shovel his car out - I know because I could hear his tires squealing. I think that is so funny!!! Does that make me a bad person?

I think that's funny!!!:p, so NO that does not make you a bad person!:p;)

Melissa: Sorry your sore today, but it'll be fun doing our workout together tomorrow!

Re LOST: YES! the whole thing is confusing and the ending BETTER be good darn it!! :p;)

Gayle: Yes, you need ETK!;) Its my second time thru and I still like it!...gotta find a day to deadlift though! You are making some really nice gains with SS!

Jane: Enjoy your run!

Nita: Never used a heart rate monitor/never will.... You pretty much know when you are "in the zone" I am sure you got a good workout in!! WTG with Providence. that is one kick a$$ workout!

waves to Marcy!

FYI: still snowing!!!..... we have another 10" at least on top of Saturdays storm of 2'!!!:eek::eek::eek:....wild!

Have a great afternoon/evening gals:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.