*** Crazy Strong & Loving It for 4/30 ***

Well, today was my last Tabata workout. I'm sad, I really enjoyed this rotation. I will definitely be doing it again.

I worked Shoulders, Back and Abs and had a killer workout. Burned tons of calories (dh fixed my HRM). :eek:

10 minute warmup on treadmill.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

2 minute rest between each exercise.

SHOULDERS
Dumbbell Upright Row:
17's - 8 sets/9-8 reps

Overhead Dumbbell Press:
10's - 8 sets/11-8 reps
***Did better on these, didn't have to stop except with 1 set. Great burn.

Lateral Raise:
8's - 8 sets/10 reps
***Lowered from 10's last week, right shoulder has been bothering me all week.

Dumbbell Shrugs:
25's - 8 sets/17-16 reps

BACK
Standing Rows:
10# vest - 8 sets/9-8 reps
***Lowered myself a bit more then usual and this made it tough.

Barbell Rows:
40# - 8 sets/13-10 reps
***Alternated underhand and overhand grips.

Dumbbell Pullover:
25# - 8 sets/9-8 reps

ABS
Tabata style:
Scissors - 8 sets/15 criss-crosses
Standing Band Crunch - 8 sets/8-9 squeezes
***Scissors killed. My quads especially. Standing Band Crunch wasn't all that hard. I concentrated on squeezing my abs tight.

HR STATS:
1 hr. 10 minute total
5 minutes below zone
1 hr. 4 minutes in zone :eek:
1 minute above zone
506 calories burned
:p

Great way to end this rotation. Now I'll take a bread from lifting and just do cardio for the week.

That is all...

Today was Low Impact Cardio Timesaver Premix and then abs. I was supposed to do the yoga based abs - but instead I did the Squeeze Stronger abs. **Ouch**
My legs are a little on the sore side from the plyo legs yesterday, but its all good. :) Today is my last day of work this week (took tomorrow off) - so I hope the day goes by quick!

Debbie - great work on your last tabata workout! Did you see really good results with that rotation?

Good Morning,

Tonite is Burn Interval and then ab burner. Posted last nites stats yesterday.

Karen-LIC timesaver is one of my favorites. I think I have it planned to do one day next month.

Debbie - great work on your last tabata workout! Did you see really good results with that rotation?

Not as good as I had hoped, but I did lose 4# with it. So that is good. I'm going to continue with endurance-type training when I get back to it. Still on the fence about STS.

Morning! I did IMAX 3 this morning- burned 570 calories, which wasn't very many more than I burned with Rhythmic Step. Hopefully the afterburn is higher, though. It was good- still a completely killer workout but I noticed that my endurance for it has improved. I hate the plie jacks interval- I always switch over to plie jumps at some point.

Gotta run! Oh and a recipe- made it up and it is delicious. Tonight will be the second time we are having it this week because I have the other half of the eggplant to use.

Eggplant, zucchini, green bean sauté

Dice ½ of a medium eggplant
Lightly steam about 1 cup of fresh green beans
Dice 1 medium zucchini

Heat skillet, put in some garlic to brown after spraying with Pam. Add veggies and sauté. Drain and dice a large can (28 ounces) of plum tomatoes with basil. Add to veggies. Dice 2 sausage-less sausages from Trader Joe’s and add to the mix. Add one 15 ounce can of tomato sauce. Add Italian spice blend and let simmer for a bit.

Serve over pasta or even better, over fresh bean sprouts.

Stats for about half of the mixture:

(Half a can of tomato sauce, half the can of tomatoes, 100g of eggplant, 100g of zucchini, 50g of green beans, 1 cup of bean sprouts, 1 sausage)

371 calories / 63 carbs / 9 fat / 22 protein / 18 fiber

Patti - I love how you are posting recipes that you've tried out and know are good and healthy. Thank you!

Hi everyone. I did LIC premix this morning but skipped the abs-I'll do it Saturday. I hosted a coffee at my house this morning for 25 women so I didn't have alot of time to work out. I got up at 5 to do it but still felt like I had to rush. Have some doms from yesterday's plyo legs.

Have a good day.

Bev

Here are my eats today

Brkfst-hardboiled egg, grapefruit and 1 toast
Lunch-1/2 pb sand, carrots, banana, pudding fat free
Supper-arbys turkey salad.

Hey Girls...

Checking in late today, just didn't have a lot of online time today...

I did IMAX 2 Intervals 1-5 and then C&W Abs (really liked this ab work!). And then took a little break to wait for DH to come home, and went to the park for a run for 30 minutes :eek:

I have some DOMS from Plyo #3 yesterday, but not as much as #1 and 2. Mostly in my glutes and hams.

Debbie: I bet you'll be doing another tabata rotation again soon! Sounds like it was a good shake up for you!

Bev: Wow, you were busy! Good job on getting a workout in!

Roxie: have fun with Burn Interval and abs! Your menu looks pretty good today!

karen: Squeeze abs sounds intense!

Patti: I'm the same, don't do the Plie jacks for long either, usually just jump. Those KILL! Seems crazy you have the same burn as Rhythmic Step. That recipe sounds great... and I have almost all the ingredients. Will probably make it tomorrow..

Here's one of my most favorite chili recipes , and it's so easy! But it comes out so goooood and thick! Sorry I don't have the nutritional info, just the WW points...

6 Can Chili.

1 can Mexican Tomatoes
1 can FF Chicken Broth
1 can FF refried beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 small onion
garlic
spices to taste (I use chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt and pepper)

2 cups = 3 points.

Here is todays stats:Didn't do Burn Interval did basic step with 1 set of risers instead had a headache didn't want to do anything to intense.

29min
26 in the zone
148min Hr
168 max Hr
214 cals burned.

Ab Burner
10min
3 in the zone
118min Hr
150max Hr
51 cals burned.

Good evening ladies!

Believe it or not I'm checking in for Thursday. Here, in Oregon as I type this its 9:16 pm Thursday. So, it still counts for Thursday then.:p

Here's today's workout:

Cardio Coach Volume 3, my shortened mix= 34 min.
Distance= 2.65 Miles
Calories Burned=418
W.up/Steady St. 1 (7:59) 117-136 BPM's= 65% to 75% MHR.
Challenge 1 Sprints (6:02) 134,139,138,139,142,143=65%,77%,76,77%,79%,80% MHR.
Challenge 2 Sprints (7:56) 145,144,156 BPM's= 81%,88% of MHR.
Cool Down (3:09) 135 BPM=75% of MHR.
Stretch(6:17) BPM= 88.

REST

Low Impact Circuit- Premix Cardio Blast Timesaver=48 min
Calories burned= 393
I love this workout, today it was hard on my knees and they started to protes at 39 min into it, I had to take mini brakes and then try to jump back in it when I could to finish. I hate knee problems and MS fatigue.
I still love this workout and the fun factor is definitely there for me.

STS-Ab Circuits- Yoga based Abs= 15 min
Calories burned= 92
I have to say that this did kill my wrists. I know they'll get stronger but still until that happens this is hard on them putting my weight on them in planks or pushup type positions and holding.

Tomorrow I think I'll do powerwalking on TM with Jillian Michaels and maybe KCM Kickboxing. I think I'm supposed to do STS AB Circuits wts & plates tomorrow. I'll see how my wrists feel tomorrow.

That's it for me today guys. I'm bummed that I wasn't able to afford the STS Power Tower. I really wanted that too, oh well. I'll live.

Have a great evening/sleep.

Hugs!;)

Nora

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.