*** Crazy Strong & Loving It for 4/29 ***

Anyways, today was Legs. Had an ok workout. Only have one more Tabata workout to go and I'm done with this rotation. Looking forward to my off week but I think I'll still do cardio at least three times next week. I don't feel like I need a total week off.

10 minute warmup on treadmill.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

2 minute rest between each exercise.

LEGS
Front Squats:
20's - 8 sets/9-8 reps
***Used dumbbells this time, the bar really hurts my shoulders and chest area.

Alternate Front Lunges:
15's - 8 sets/4 each leg
***Right glute was burning. The muscle there was getting really tight again.

Leg Extensions:
55# - 8 sets/12 reps

Hamstring Press on HS w/4 Risers:
15# - 8 sets/16-15 reps
***These really burn like crazy.

Firewalkers:
Purple Band - 8 sets/12 reps back and forth

Barbell Calf Raises:
65# - 8 sets/17-16 reps
***Toes turned forward, in and out.

Can't give my HR stats because I changed the battary last night and now it doesn't work at all.

:mad: :mad:

I even tried putting the old battary back in it and it still won't find my HR. So now I have to have my dh look at it. I sure hope I didn't break it.

That is all....

Good Morning,

Tonite is Burn Circuit 2 and some kind of ab work. CLX only has abs planned one day and tha just doesn't work for me I need at the very least 2 but I prefer 3.

Debbie-here are my stats as of this morning, 123.2lbs, 5ft, 43 years old. I am currently doing wts 3 days a week cardio 2 and then and interval 1 day with 2mins of HIIT cardio and 2 mins of 5lb wts. and then yoga.

Good Morning,

Tonite is Burn Circuit 2 and some kind of ab work. CLX only has abs planned one day and tha just doesn't work for me I need at the very least 2 but I prefer 3.

Debbie-here are my stats as of this morning, 123.2lbs, 5ft, 43 years old. I am currently doing wts 3 days a week cardio 2 and then and interval 1 day with 2mins of HIIT cardio and 2 mins of 5lb wts. and then yoga.

Ok Roxie, give me a while and I get the numbers for you. I'm a bit busy at work right now. I'll be back later.

Mornin' Girls!

I usually post after my workout, but I'm putting it off today. It's Meso 3, Week #3 of Plyo Legs :confused: I loved it last week, but this morning I'm tired and have sinus "issues", just little pains and a tired head. AND I just had 2 cups of regular coffee. Didn't help :( But I'll do it. It probably will perk me up!

Great leg work today, Debbie! All those firewalkers :eek: Your legs must have been on fire!

Roxie: Good one planned for today! ... I know a few people doing or did CLX. They liked it!

I'll also be happy to post recipes I've tried and liked. :)

Here's a Pasta Veggie Salad I made Monday and have been eating the past 2 days. It's VERY good:

Low Fat Fresh Vegetable Pasta Salad

Servings: 8

1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
8 ounces whole-wheat elbow macaroni (or other small shape)
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup thinly sliced celery
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1/2 cup chopped scallions (I used Onions)

To make the dressing, in a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise,
sour cream, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta
according to package directions, then rinse under cold water and drain
thoroughly.
Transfer the pasta to a large bowl and add the carrots, celery,
tomatoes, bell pepper and scallions, Add the reserved dressing and mix
thoroughly to coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until
ready to serve.

Nutrition information per serving:

167 calories; 40 calories from fat; 4 g fat (2 g saturated; 0 g trans
fats); 8 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrate; 6 g protein; 4 g fiber; 238
mg sodium 3 WW Points

Today was my first Plyo Legs from Meso 3. I had a dread factor going into it just based on what I had read in some of the discussion areas. However, I have to say that I absolutely LOVE plyo legs! It was really fun - even though it was some hard work! I was leery about my feet this morning though. Last night one of them really cramped up on me and it hurt like a &@#^@%. Thankfully as I got into the workout they seemed fine. I think I should probably be doing more yoga??

Chris - how much of that salad can you eat for a serving?? It sounds good!

Roxie - I'm so proud of you! You have been really consistent with your workouts these last couple of weeks!

Good recipe Chris! Thanks for sharing- I will copy and save in my big old recipe file.

Karen: Glad you liked plyo legs! I did one a few weeks ago and liked it more than I thought I would- plus it is SHORT. :)

I slept in today and feel 100% better- was feeling achy and run down and just done. I think I sorely need the rest week that is coming. Anyway, sitter is here for the LAST time today so I am heading downstairs in a few to tackle back and triceps.

I'll BBL.

Good Morning,

Ok Roxie, I show that to maintain your current weight you should eat 1957 calories a day. However, you are trying to lose so with your current workout schedule you should be eating between 1370 - 1566 calories a day. I'd stick with around 1400 a day and see how that goes.

Hi everyone. I also did Plyo legs this morning and was dreading it but ended up loving it even though it's tough on my calf. It seemed like it only lasted about 5 mintues! My only mistake was to eat some oatmeal before I worked out since I normally do that on my strength training days. Won't do that again!

Chris-thanks for the recipe. I am always looking for new things to eat for lunch and I'm getting tired of soup now that it's warm out.

Patti-sounds like you are definitely ready for a rest week. After 10 years of working out, I have finally decided to start listening to my body.

Karen-glad to hear that you liked Plyo legs too. I can't believe that I even thought I might be able to wear my weighted vest. NOT!

Debbie-is the purple band the hardest one? You go girl.

Roxie-so has your life gotten back to normal?

Nora-I see that you got the new Amy Bento workout. I haven't watched it yet but I'm anxious to try one of hers.

Have a good day everyone.

Bev

Karen-thank you for your cheerleading.

Bev-live is back to normal and it is wonderful

Debbie-thank you for taking the time to figure that for me, that is basically what I am eating calorie wise just must be my food choices.

Here are my eats so far today.
Brkfst-granola cereal that has cashews in it, grapefruit and whole wheat toast
Am Snack-yoplait raspberry yogurt and a banana.

Lunch was leftover tuna potatoe casserole and cherry tomatoes.
Afternoon Snack-laughing cow cheese wedge, bistro ritz crackers and carrots.

Last edited:
Checking in -

I did the PUB down only premix today. It was a great workout.
I'm not sure what I'll do the next couple of weeks. We leave for vacation May 13 for 8 days. I was planning on starting that Tabata training....but can I : a)take a week break from that in the middle of a rotation, or b) do it easily at a hotel gym....??? Maybe I'll just continue with heavy, then take a week off during vacation...??? Oh, well. I'll figure something out.
I love to see the recipes on here, ladies. Thanks for always sharing.
Good jobs on your workouts - keep it up!
Have a great evening!

Hi ladies,;)

Here's today's workout:

Cardio Coach Volume 4 my mix= 33min
Distance=2.60 miles
Calories burned= 383
W.up (4:49) HR 125=69% MHR
Steady St.1 (2:49)HR 135=75% MHR
Ch.1 (8:14) HR 135,131,134 Sprints) HR= 75%,73%,74% MHR
Ch.2 (7:56) 147,142,144,146,146 on Sprints= 83%,78%,80%,81%,82%,83%MHR
Cool Down (5:39) 88 HR
Stretch (6:17)

STS Meso 3 wk1 Disc 26 Plyo Legs= 46 min
Calories burned= 357 felt like it should have been more but that's what the workout manager says.
I'm so with everyone else that said they had a big dread factor going into this workout. I even previewed it to brace myself mentally for it and see if I could do the impact part of it because of my knees. I'm happy to report I did it and loved it. My knees feel ok but I still have to wear the braces on them when I'm exercising to given them support while they recover from I'm guessing strain or whatever.

Core Max= Tough Core Premix 18 min
calories burned= 123

Great job on workouts today ladies~:)

Yes, I did get Amy's new Kettlebell Dynamics and CIA 2901 Kickbox Cardio Surge and Core workout. I have previewed Kettlebell Dynamics and it looks awesome, but I'll have to wait to do that one when I'm done with STS. I tried to preview the Kickbox Surge one but it wouldn't play just skipped all over the place to the point it wasn't even viewable. I emailed NRGfitness.net's customer service and have been exchanging emails with Amy Bento. She's so nice. She said she'd send me a new copy.

Belinda- keep on the mend girl! Get better we miss you.

You guys all know I think your awesome, WTG Ladies!:)

Hugs!

Nora

Here are my workout stats:

Sumo Squat with Bicep Curl 12lbs/12reps up 2lbs
Lunge with One Arm Tricep Extension 8lbs/12reps
Dead Lift Row 15lbs/12reps
Sumo Squat with Overhead Tricep Extension 15lbs/10reps
Dead Lift with Double Row 15lbs/10reps up 5lbs
Bowlers Lunge with Single Arm Row 12lbs/12reps up 2lbs
Bicep Curl with Abductor Balance 8lbs/12reps
FWD Lean Lunge with Double Row 12lbs/12reps up 2lbs
Triple Threat Pushups 10reps

39min
28min in the zone
132 min Hr
166 max Hr
233 cals burned

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.