*** Crazy Cheetahs! Saturday***

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I guess I am the first one up? Im probably the only one who as to go to work:-(

Last night after supper and after bathing the baby I said to DH,"I would like to run out and see that TM that is on sale tomorrow" and thats when he said "its already downstairs":) Of course I was in shock!hehe and I asked a few times if he was serious! ( i was feeding DS his cereal and couldn't exactly get up and run down) Then we had a big discussion about which TM it was. I was thinking there was no way he could have gotten the one onsale b/c it doesn't start till today. Sure enough, it wasn't the one I had my eye on but and this one was reg $1299 on for $799. Im not sure if the other TM was better or if it just had more computer gadgets. And I wanted to try it out soooo bad that I decided to keep it. It is a really nice TM! I love it. And just has a suspected, now i know what a peice of crap my other TM was. There weren't many reviews on it though which was kind of sucky! It does have 15yr warrenty on the motor though so thats good.
Told ya, all I had to do was mention going to the gym and he fixed that problem real quick. He said that he felt bad b/c he took all of his christmas bonus and spent it on himself.

So I got a good 72 mins run in last night before I had to run to the washroom:) Hey! Lorie could tell you so why can't I? LOL Todays workout is a circuit workout, using the Gulant or Viper, not sure which one yet...and my new TM of course. Now I am going to hold off on the presale and maybe order it when its getting closer to the end.

Ill be back later!

Lori:)

Good morning Lori! No, you aren't the only one working this weekend!
That is wonderful news about the TM!!! :7 :7 :7 Sounds like you got a nice one, now you'll really be able to tackle those itreads}(

I was going to wait til I got home to preorder the STS but I couldn't resist and ordered it shortly after midnight.

Today will be a rest day for me except for some stretching probably later when I wake up. It's been almost 2 weeks since my last rest day so I'm due for one!

I hope all the cheetahs have a fabulous Saturday!

ShellyC

Good morning early bird cheetahs:7

Lori- yay, congrats on getting your new TM!! what a wonderful surprise.

shelly- lol, just couldn't wait huh! enjoy your rest day.

wendy- you must have missed my post. i got my new X workouts the next day after you. i am just itching to start them but i am going to hold off and finish this month's tt rotation because i am seeing some really nice results.

thomasina- i have such a hard time actually doing yoga also. the rare occasion i do, i always wonder why i don't try to fit it in more.

cathy- no, you are not nerdie at all. i can't believe you saw stars doing a workout...now you've got me scaaaaaaaaared, lol.

today will be my tt workout and barry's bbc non cardio workout!

BBL:7

Good morning, cheetahs! http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/happycelebrations/th_happy-038.gif

Lori :: congrats on the new TM!

Shelly :: enjoy your rest day. I ordered about that time, too. I woke up drenched in sweat, and when I got up to change, I realized it was after midnight, so I popped on here to see if the presale was up already.

This morning I'll make up the HIIT I missed yesterday...then it's off to class...pack a bag and head to my sister's.

Will try to stop in later. Enjoy your Saturday, everyone!

ETA: Hi Sunny! Your post got past me. Enjoy your w/out.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

Sunny :: *lol* Don't be scared. I'm just Wuss Cheetah. :7 It was the Spiderman Pushups, and if I remember correctly, they came right after a pretty tough exercise on the pullup bar.

Have to make a change of plan here. Need to do something else for class (obviously BEFORE class), so I'm going to have to work out afterward.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

Hi Girls!

I did a 3.5 mile run and the Gualant weights today. Came in just over and hour and thats all I had time for:)

Now...fill me in on the Itreads! Where do I sign up? Whats the site and what workouts do you suggest?

The TM brans is bladez fitness? Ive never heard of it before but then again, I haven't heard of to many. There is a 15 yr warranty on the motor. With the other one there was 20. Maybe thats why is was $200 more? I dunno...just guessing. I love it though and its so sturdy! My other TM truly was a piece of junk! LOL

Cathy** I forgot to tell you that my b-day is Aug 2nd. I will be 30 this yr!:eek:

Shelly** You couldn't resist could you? I think the price is awesome! Im going to preorder, Im just going to wait until I have most of my TM paid for. I may even do the 3 month thing, it will only cost me another $10...big deal.

Sunny** Hope you have a good workout today!

Hello to everyone else. I will be around off and on all day. No boss....so lots of play time!

HI Cheetahs :)

Lori- Copngratulations on the new TM! The site for iTreads is http://www.itrain.com/home.php You will look at your TM in a whole new way.

Cathy- You have such a busy weekend! I hope your skiing day is a blast!

Shelly- Have a relaxing rest/stretch day. I forgot to ask how was target shooting the other day?

Hi Sunny! you are well disciplined to wait to start X+ until your current rotation is over.

Lorie- you are so funny with your GI explanations. I'm gonna stick to sporty Cheetah for you not Sh***y

DS is still home on break, so yesterday I asked him to burn my iTread workouts on CD. He did and I am thrilled not to have to wear headphones during those workouts.

Oh, and I have some booty DOMS from the iTread #19 sprints. I did go all out and not hold the handle bar at all. Today is an easy 3 mile run and I hope yoga.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

So what ones do you suggest I buy? The 6.99 one or the 9.99?

I guess I can't listen to music and do this to?

Judy** Have fun with your workout today. Its funny how we call 3miles easy! LOL A friend emailed me the other day wondering how she can get into running. She was on her TM for 20 mins and almost died! LOL

K, so I read a little more. Suggest a couple that will give me a great workout! I like spending 60 mins on the TM. I will read more when I have the time, just wondering what everyones suggestions are?

Thanks Judy. Im gonna print that off and highlight the ones that look good. It will make me look like I am actually doing something! hehe

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...hey, we all need a Free day for eating. And as long as you enjoyed it, I think it is well worth it. Sounds like a busy weekend for you. Have a fun HIIT workout and I hope class goes smoothly. Hope skiing is also fun.

Shelly...hope you had a nice run and Bosu workout yesterday. Yes, I will be ordering STS after I post here...this will be one awesome series! Enjoy your rest day.

Sunny...Have fun with tt and BBC cardio.

Judy...wow...that iTread sprint must be some workout. Enjoy your 3 miles and yoga today.

Dallas...good job with the iTread and Bosu workout. WOW, you taught Algebra? I think most people hated algebra, I was always the odd one and loved math!! I started Chi running last Aug. I had had a few too many injuries and though this change would help.

Wendy..I also love 4DS legs and I think I will have to up the weights on a few exercises! I think STS will be great!! How was your Outback dinner?

Lori...I agree that I thought STS was going to be more than $200. I was trying to remember what Hardcore was...Congrats on the new TM. How sweet your DH bought it for you...I bet you will enjoy the iTreads. I use mostly the iClimbs for my EXT.

Christine...http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/happycelebrations/th_congratulationss.gif[/img] on your Best Corporate Positioning award. You did work hard this week and should be a bit tired! As far as Slo-mo I do a bit less than Amy too. I also do NOT do the sumo squats like her. I do the same stance but I keep the bar behind my neck as that exercise is can be killer on the lower back. I am very excited for STS....:)

Jackie...that is a cute story about your neighbors dog. I adore friendly dogs. Hopefully when you move in and run she won't go with you. My neighbor has a friendly dog too, she has never run with me but she follows me a lot when I am outside and she loves to be pet. I hope you get some nice goodies in the Awards Party. You will have to share...:)

Tomasina...well then I think you will have to stick with "Posh" if your family agrees! What floored me about STS honestly was the amount of DVD's for the price...How was the massage? I get one monday...:)

Susan...we will for sure miss you here. But when things get you down it is a good idea to work a few things out and take a break from here. You have had so much going on in the last year. You will be in my thoughts and prayers...

Well I am off to go order STS. Then later today I am going to just do yoga. I think Baron will be good. Then football....GO http://www.sanfords.net/Spots_free_graphics/Sports/NFL/gbhelmet.gif[/img]

Good Morning Ladies!

I placed my STS order around 8am when I finally dragged my butt out of bed! LOL I had set my alarm for 6 thinking I'd get up and get to the gym early for my run but um...that did NOT happen! I was tired and it just wasn't worth it. Perhaps it will be mild enough out there to head to the park at nap time instead. We'll see. In any case, it's cardio only for me today.

I have some butt DOMS goin' on from Amy's leg work out y'day. It's not bad but I got some pretty serious chest DOMS that settled in later then usual from her work out so who knows! There's still a chance that' I'll be limping later! LOL

When I ordered STS I also picked up Slow and Heavy. I've been eyeing that one ever since I started becoming really fond of heavy lifting but for some reason I never got it. Well, now I'll finally have it! You know we'll have to wait a good long time for STS to be released so I'll have something "new" from Cathe to play with in the meantime....AFTER I finish my X+ rotation ofcourse!}(

After seeing the total charge from my pre-order plus S&H I marched over to the cabinet where I keep my dvd case and started picking out dvds I never/rarely use anymore. I picked out 9 dvds and 4 of them are already up for auction on ebay. The rest will go up next week. If I don't use them I might as well make some $ on them and then I won't feel bad for spending so much on STS!:)

Okay, well that's enough babbling for now...I'll BBIAB!

lori- fyi- if you click on additional workouts you will see a long list of all itread workouts. they have more than just the new monthly ones. enjoy!

judy- i must admit it's pretty hard:eek: . i love isprints #19. the uphill sprint kills me everytime}(

carole- i too am pretty happy with the price of STS. can't beat 37 dvds or under $6 a workout!

wendy- lol i did the same thing. i have a slew of dvds ready to go up for auction on ebay once i get the time to get them all on there. i needed space for the 37 new ones:eek: ;) }( :p enjoy your run today!

ttyl...:)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I feel great – nice and rested and raring to go! I plan to take the wondermutt for a hike today. It’ll be interesting to see what damage that storm did. Hopefully I can hike. I don’t mind scrambling too much, but hopefully it’s not too bad. Not sure if DH will join us or not. We’ll see. Then it’s the playoffs! Go Pats!

Jackie – Have fun at the awards ceremony tonight! For running that series, you deserve a LOT of goodies!

Susan darling – take the time you need. It’s been a tough time for you lately. {{{Hugs}}}. We’ll definitely be here when you come back. And we’ll be thinking of you, sweetie! Prayers for you and your family!

Dallas – I disagree – I think a full time job is way easier than raising kids! Raising kids does not stop at 5 and you never get a vacation. But the rewards are way better! :p I am relieved to be done with this past week. I get 6 more months before I have to do it again.

Thomasina aka Posh – So glad you’re on track and feeling great! You’re too sweet! This is a great group, though, isn’t it? Miss Leatherpants is very scary. I love that song – “I’m too sexy” – it’s such a fun song!

Lori – I don’t mind public speaking so much, as speaking in front of my peers. I don’t know why talking to total strangers is fine, but people I know drives me insane. Go figure. LOL. Sorry you have to work today! Weekends are tough! So nice of DH to surprise you like that!!! Too funny about mentioning going to the gym! I’m so happy for you! Enjoy it! Glad it’s a nice one, too! Kudos to DH!

Shelly – I love it when you review workouts because I know if they make you sweat, they’ll kill me! I know you are an insane Cheetah – and I mean that in a good way (like I’m in awe!) because you can match Amy! Wow! I liked the step/weight mix – I’m doing the second one tomorrow. I won’t be able to order STS until end of January when I get my big paycheck, but I’m going to order it 2-day air so I don’t have to wait an additional 7 days to get it! I’m excited for this one! Enjoy your rest day!

Cathy – Enjoy your ski trip!! You so deserve it after spending all day on your portfolio! Have fun! I’d love to be going with you! I used to ski the Poconos all the time as a kid. And you could soo be Hottie Cheetah!! Don’t sell yourself short. :p

Judy – Oh, I’m happy DH burned your workouts to CD – that makes it so much nicer! I finally got an arm band for my iPhone – so at least I’m not trying to figure out where to put it! Good job on the booty DOMS!

Carole – Thank you! I was very surprised and happy to have won. I did notice the work on my lower back, but as I’m trying to build strength there, I did not think much about it. I am going to try your way, though – I don’t want to damage anything – especially not my back. I’m excited for STS as well.

Wendy – I love your way of justifying buying STS! Good for you for taking action! I like S&H – especially the legs – it really gets into the muscles well – but it is rather boring. Then I think Amy’s Slo Mo has that same boredom factor – it’s tough to really concentrate on slow lifting. But it does wonders!

Sunny – Too bad we’re going to miss each other! Unless you have a day off and can head down to Emerald Isle… It’s about a 2.5 hour drive, though.

Well, time to get moving! Enjoy your Saturdays everyone!

Morning Cheetahs!!

I have DOMS in my glutes!!! YEAH!!! However, that could make my planned spin bike/iCycle workout not fun. LOL! I also have upper body planned, so I could start with that. I had a bad night with lots of waves of nauseousness. :( Not sure what's going on here.

Wendy ~ That's exactly what I as thinking too...about the workouts I never use. I have never sold on eBay though. I think I read on Fitnessfly.com that they will buy your workouts from you too, but I think they give you a credit towards a purchase there..**I think**.

Cathy ~ Skiing sounds like fun! You sure have a lot to do!! There's so much involved in teaching - all the prep and grading. :( What grade do you teach? I have three kids 9,8, & just about 5. :) We were just sitting in the sunroom together and dd told me I had silver hair. LOL! I told her I was going for a new look. ha! Time for the color. :7

Lori ~ That's awesome about your new treadmill! For a long run with Itread, I really like #20. I seem to have used that one the most. Have fun!

Sunny ~ Have fun with Barry! When do you teach your kbox class again? Is it a set time/day?

Judy ~ I've added #19 to my wish list. That's a good idea!! The kids just got iHome or one of those things where you dock your iPod and listen through speakers. I'm going to try that out too!! Thanks!

Carole ~ It's a football house here too. Guess, you're rooting for the Packers. I'll forgive you....just kidding!;) I'm really excited for the Charger/Colt game. Enjoy your yoga session.

Hi to the rest of you wild and crazy Cheetahs!

Dallas

ETA: Christine! We were posting at the same time! Enjoy your hike! Yep, it IS non stop being a mom, but it's all good! :D

Hey Dallas! I hope you're not coming down with that illness that's going around. It's pretty nasty, from what I hear! Oh, you'll really hate me for football - I'm a Pats fan!

drive by posting...

went out last night for dinner and had two lemon drops (two drinks are my limit). so, i woke up at 8 to go to the bathroom and drink some water, then went back to sleep. now, i am about to go meet my friend who is the orthopedic surgeon for lunch. i think today will be an unplanned rest day.

anyway, i am running out the door but will try to read above later.

have a great day, cheetah women!

Oh! Christine!!! NOOOOOO!!! ha ha!! All righty - I'll forgive you too!! LOL! Hey, they've had an unbelievable year!! Got to give it to them! As for those Packers, they're our (Bears fans) biggest rivalry. I think these will be some good games in the next two days!

OK, what's going around?? What are the symptoms? You think it's ok to workout? I could stick with upper weights and stretch. I feel a little better now. I took some oscillococcinum last night, so not sure if that helped this morn?

http://www.oscillo.com/about-oscillo/default.html

OH! I came back to say that I too preordered. I can't believe I forgot to tell you ladies! I was going to wait too, but.....}(

~TTFN

Dallas

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.