*** Commit to get FIT and LEAN Sun ***

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I can't beleive my days off are almost over. I put in for holidays this past weekend so I am back to work wed and thurs and then off again until Mon night...pretty good,hey? Im all fooled up in the days, I keep thinking that we are one day behind.

Im up early to get ready for my race. There were only 50 people who registered so its a wee bit smaller then last weeks run! LOL When we went out last night I met up with my friend who asked me to do it with her and when I seen her she was tanked! I made her stop drinking, Im suppose to pick her up at 7:30 and she better be up!!!! The furthest she as ever ran is 7 kms, this race is 10 kms, I think she is gonna suffer. Booze, plus not ever running that far? She better pace herself.
I bought myself a nice running sweater yesterday out of some bday money and DH and my sister pitched in on a sattilite (sp?) radio I can run with. Ive been talking about it for a while, not knowing if I could even buy one. We found one last weekend but it was almost 400 bucks! The two of them went in on it and my mom also chipped in. I think I am gonna give them my other bday money towards it as well.Its awful expensive~! My MIL gave me $50 and a 45 mins masssge gc, my GMIL gave me $20 and DH also bought me a waterpillow.

Ameila** When I started running, I ran a 7 mins kms. Now I run a 5 mins km. According to last weeks run, I ran a 4.93 mins kms. And I think it is all due to interval training. I always interval train on my TM, unless I am going for distance and watching a movie, which I haven't done in a while. If 4.6 is comfy for you, then you could run 4.5 for .10 of a mile, then 5.0 for .10 of a mile and then 5.5 for .5 of a mile. Do that 4 x's and you will have 1 mile down. I think its the only way to improve, you need to push yourself out of your comfort zome if you want to run further and faster. And don't be afraid to walk. If you get tired, just slow it down. Your endurance will increase eventually. Something else I do it increase my speed every 2 mins for 10 mins, which makes another mile for me. By the time I am .60 of a mile I am slowly comming out of my comfort zone. Im probably doing a 6.6 - 7.0 mile but its only 2 mins, so its no big deal, right?

Pinny** I have the hardest time finding music that I LOVE! Untill I hear someone elses Ipod! My sister had some pretty good music on her Ipod last weekend,but oddly enough I couldn't find it when I was running. I uploaded some new tunes yesterday on my ipod so hopefully that will get me in the running mood. Right now, my eyes feel like 2 pin holes~!

Belinda** Thanks for the bday wishes yesterday~! I had a good day but DH felt bad and spilled the beans that he is having a bday party for me today. haha~! I think he knew that I was catching on when it was 7 in the evening and I hadn't seen a cake yet!

Cheryl** How is your weekend going?

Good Morning to Trish, Kristine and Amy!!!!
Hope I didn't miss anyone. I will bbl with the stats for my run!

Lori

Lori, hope you have a wonderful birthday. You're something - even on your birthday you're running. Good for you, and best of luck on the race. Enjoy your day and the surprise party.

Amelia, sounds like you'll be looking for a race soon too. Wow, you just continue to amaze me. Are you also doing BFL?

Belinda, are you doing Cathe's August rotation now? Does that mesh well with your BFL plan?

Cheryl, half an IMAX is more than most people could ever do. Did it take you a while to recover from the RT?

Iris, did you do KPC? That is my favorite KB workout. I miss doing it 'cause KB bothers my piriformis. Had to put it aside until September 14th, after the race, and I can't wait to do it. I think it is my motivation to get the race done.

Well, Friday I got in BC. Can't believe I used to dread that wo so much. I wasn't even sweaty afterwards! And I was doing it too not just watching. Yesterday was a rest day as we started our vacation. Now I'm in Virginia getting ready to play tourist for a few hours before heading to the beach. I love my job but the beach is the real reason I work. Oh, yeah, plus bills, the mortgage, and kids' tuition. Someone playing the snare drum - in a hotel - at 5:10 woke me up. Thought at first I was dreaming of the movie Drum Line. It sounded that loud.

Good Morning everyone!!

Lori- Happy Birthday Girl!! and Good luck today!! I love to run...and my endurance and speed have slowly, but surelyyy...has gotten better. I'm so afraid to run outside though, I injured my knee about six months ago, and they just haven't been the same since (even on the treadmill, but I get through being not as high of impact) We should definitely discuss some music and bounce some good tunes off of each other!!

Chica- I never did get to KPC...that was the day I woke up late...*sigh*..but that's okay because I did BC on Friday (like you...=) ) and it went awesome!! I pushes me perfectly....I'm liking this workout more and more!

Well today is my rest day ( and double shift at work..lol)....tomorrow starts the 2nd week of the July rotation....BBL! :eek:

Iris

Good morning girls,

Rest day for me as well!

Go Lori Go!! Good luck, girl! Enjoy your b-party today!

Cookie** my DH, DD and I are driving up to Santa Fe today! DH wants to take our RV for a spin! DS (19 doesn't want to came) so we only staying until Wednesday! I do have a DVD player in the RT! I will bring all my workout stuff that I need for the August Rotation! Yes, the rotation will fit with BFL! Have fun at the beach today!

Iris** enjoy your rest day today! You are working today?

Good Morning everybody!

Man im tired today,don't feel like doing anything!

Iris-I hope your day at work goes by quickly for you.....

Cookie-What is it that you do agian? Im sorry you got woke up by drums,yikes! Enjoy your day at the beach!

Lori-Yesterdays run was an interval one,in short intervals(couldn't do the long intervals that i did last week) I was tired,TTOTM started for me on thursday and it really takes all my energy! Thanks for the advice on the running,i will try your interval the next time i run! And your right,i could run 5.0 for a minute or two(or .10 of a mile) then go back down to 4.6....i bumped up my running to 4.7 yesterday on two intervals! Didn't even noticed! My inner thighs noticed though;) my legs were burning.....i LOVED IT(lol) Have a great day today! I hope you have a great birthday!

Belinda-Sounds like your gonna have a great day! I would love to have a RV one day,when we went camping a couple of weeks ago none of our neighbors were in a tent...they were all in RV's! Have a great time!!!! Youve got like what, one more week in the US until you go back to Germany right? Are you excited?

Hey to Kristine,Cheryl,Trish and anybody else that pops in!

Im not sure what im doing today...suppose to do a circuit but i just don't have the energy as of right now...maybe later today!

bbl:)

Hey Girls!

Just popping in quickly with my report. Im sooo lazy right now and I will definitly need a nap later!

I ran 10k in 47:11 and placed first in the women. Im not sure how many there were in the meantime. And of course I placed first in my age group.

Trish** Enjoy your holidays! I love warm weather.When I was pregnant I hated it and last summer wasn't the most enjoyable b/c I was nursing. But this summer, I am enjoying the heat again.

Pinny** I don't think it would have mattered what kind of music was blasting in my ears today, I was not feel'in it. I still did pretty good but I think I could have been a wee bit faster if I had eaten better yesterday and slept a little longer.

Belinda** Enjoy your rest day!

Ameila** You will get the hang of running if you keep at it. Im suuuuuper lazy today as well.

BBL!
Lori

Happy Sunday

Wow, Lori, what a great run! You did really well! When I ran my very best 10K's they were between 45-47 minutes and I couldn't even touch that today. I am seriously impressed. Even sweeter that you won it :)

Chica, yes, for all the fun it was, the RT trip and travel left me exhausted. I did get in some great workouts, though, and came home with my booty still talking to me for a full 2 days. Loved it!

Amelia, bummer that TTOM got you... but at least you have it nearly over with now.

Belinda, enjoy your rest day!

Pinny, hope you make it through that double shift at work. Yuck! What do you do?

I did Low Max yesterday. Not yet decided on what I'll do for today, but weights will definitely be involved. ;)

Have a good one, ladies! More later!

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.