*** 12 Week Challenge Jan 30th ***

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Just wanted to get us started! Im up early to get my workout in and of course as soon as my two feet touch the floor the dogs have to go outside. Now they are scratching to get back in...so I have to hurry:)

Todays workout is GS B,S,&B and a run. I have MAJOR DOMS in my chest from yesterdays workout! And of course the F*&*$ng scale is up again today! Sorry! Just had to swear! Im hoping its water weight but I have offically went from 117.8 to 121 in 2 weeks...I know my eating hasn't been the best but I couldn't have eaten THAT much! Is it possible to gain that much muscle? I don't think so. I am up a 1/4" in my hips and waist...so I know I didn't gain muscle there;)

BBL!
Lori:)

Ladies, hi,

Thought i'd post early for once now that I have started posting, can't seem to stop!

Lori and to all who follow, and that includes Roxie1965 (Iread your post of disappointment yesturday) and all I can say is, "I know, Oh how I know and feel your anger, your pain, your disappointment and your frustration". I am in pain from what I call stiffness or musvle soreness and I think you guys call the DOMS. I slave away working out and working HARD! I'm getting so much more educated on traing since reading on this site and others. AND FOR ABSOLUTLY NO GAINS!! NOTHING!!

BUT then...... think about Andrea, don't you feel better? Aren't all those good endorphins being released into your system helping to keep your anxietys at bay? Are you not sleeping a little better? Don't you feel ..... hang is ..... happy? A bit more relaxed and content. I am easier to get along with not so bad tempered and impatient. So while, I am bitterly disappointed in the weight and lack of results with my body, my overall health especially the anxiety, is soo very much improved. And for me, thats has been really really great. Its no fun being a worry wart, believe me! I can actually watch the NEWS! Now, I can Go to work and attend awful jobs and don't worry about it happening to me. or my family, I can put things into perspective.

O.K thats pretty personal stuff and its a brief overview, but I share it in the hope that as much as we are angry that we havn't seen the results and I really am bitterly disappointed, I will NOT stop working out and I'll see this challenge through with or without the weight loss because well,....... I enjoy it.

Two days ago I was sewing my mouth up, never to eat AGAIN!!! Fed UP Thats it spit the dummy, I do it daily.. and I tell you lot all about it. Its the merry go round of that evil substance called FOOD.

sermen over, I'm going to put childs to bed and read a book,

you all have a great day and HANG IN THERE!

Also, just wanted to let you know that I uploaded some new pics but of course, you don't have to look at them! LOL

Lori

:)

Morning girls :)

Lori: Great pictures. You look fantastic :) :) Told you toss that scale. :) :)

iDream: Where are you from? If you already posted personals --please forgive me for not seeing it :)

Today is a 5mile run at the gym. Shoulders are on tap as well. With ab machine work.

School is delayed here for an hour. So I'll be hitting the gym a lil later than normal. DD's bf broke his ankle and can't drive for 6 weeks. OUCH!

Yesterday I was non-stop. I kinda like it like that. My meals are planned and when I'm busy there is less of me going to the *snack* cupboard :) Course it's kinda empty right now. Only has things I don't like LOL. I made a batch of choc chip cookies and oatmeal/cinn chip ones. I think I've mentioned before I don't have a sweet tooth. DH said to me as he ate his second oatmeal cookie. It's almost terrible you can make this stuff and don't like it. Lil does he know I make a *lighter* recipe for all of them. So they are kinda eating healthy LOL :)

Brb need a refill.

Good morning all:

Everyone seems up and at em' this morning.

Lori- sorry to hear about the scale, but I TOTALLY know how you feel. I've been busting my butt for quite a few months now and the scale hasn't moved at all, my clothes don't feel any better either. So, I'm right along with you for company, that's for sure. Oh, and feel free to swear anytime you need to. ;-)

School here is two hours late. I work at the school and usually try to get in at normal time anyway, but my driveway is horrible and they need to sand the roads before I'm going anywhere. So, that gives me more time to jump on the treadmill before going to work.

Tonight I have to teach two classes: walking/intervals and step. I can't wait - love all my ladies/girls that come to my classes. :7

Eating will be a challenge - lots of food in the office today, so I'm going to have to stay strong.

Take care all,
Marcia.

Hey Girls!

Just back to report my workout! I did what I had planned. Went heavy with the weights and also pulled out a 4 mile run, still making it to work on time! Im gonna catch up on yesterdays post and then I will be back!

marcia: We are now on a two hour delay as well.

Looks like there are lots of slippery places this morning.
I may just do my workout here.

Lori: Good job on the workout.

I'll be around for a little this morning.

I'm editing this --- as that they just cancelled school and are informing people to stay home -LOL! So I'm going to be sweating at home doing my workout.

Seems as if most of you are doing fairly well. I went to my MIL's house yesterday b/c it was her mothers 82nd b-day. No one wanted the stupid cake that they bought so they gave it to me claiming that " I needed it" Truely..does anyone NEED cake? LOL My MIL claims that I am to small and said that she won't be happy until she fattens me up! hehe Its working! JK!

Roxie** Don't give up! Thats all I have to say! Even if you still go hard with your workouts,which Im sure you will do, you will still see results! It has only been 4 weeks, it takes a little while!

Must go check out the rest of the forums before Old man Ed gets here:)

Hi, everyone!
-Lori, you look fantastic!!! Forget about the stupid scale!
Ok, my stomach has been bothering me since yesterday, but its not such a bad thing. For once, I haven't really been able to eat all that much! Today is cardio kicks, (fun!) and core max 3. Take care, Nancy~~

Nancy** I forgot that you ate that pizza! Now, pizza wouldn't bother my belly but I have eaten things recently that really get to me! And it may hurt for days! Its not a nice feeling and I wish I had never eaten what I ate! So I totally get where you are comming from. Enjoy your workout and thanks for the compliment!

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!! Morning all. Was all geared up for that 4:00 am workout that I missed yesterday. Winds came through and knocked out the power. Not only did I not get up to w/o -- it's wouldn't have mattered anyway because it was bitter cold in here and no elec to run anything. ICK. So I'll be time crunched again and try to w/o after dentist appt and errands. BBL -- keep up the good work - and I agree -- toss the scale!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Godd morning all!

Sorry I haven't been around much, I took another stumble off the wagon (those nasty baked goods!) but I am back on. In the past four weeks I have lost seven pounds, but let me tell you, it has been tough! Last night I was laying in bed thinking about the next ten I have to lose and getting stressed. Not only do I have to work to lose the next ten, but then I have to work to keep it off! UGH! I wish I could just workout every day and be fit and healthy. I hate having to watch what I eat.

Alright, I am done pouting.....

Today's WO is some sort of Cardio, KPC, I think. depends on my mood. I am going to lunch with DH this afternoon and I will workout after that.

Lori, you look awesome in you r new pics. Very focused!

Idream, Hang in there! You are right, it is worth it. Just stick with it and you will see the results you are after.

Karin, you had asked me a few days ago about TBS vs StretchMax. I don't have StretchMax, I have only done seg 2 and 3 on Fit TV. I love the band WO on that one! Anyway, TBS is pretty light, would probably be good if you have some serious DOMS and want an effective, but gentle stretch. There are 2 segments on the ball and one with no equipment. I like the one with no equipment after I do the TM. It's very athletic and gets me exactly where I need it. I do LOVE all of Cathe's stretching because even her yoga positions don't feel all "yoga-y". I am not a yoga girl, so this works for me. HTH! If you are debating about getting it, I say Go for it!}(

Kath, enjoy your day snowed in!

Marcia, RESIST!!!!! You can do it! :)

Nancy, I think if I ate pizza now it would kill me. I hope that you feel better soon! It's amazing how I used to eat stuff like that all the time and now I have all these funky side effects. Sugar gives me a headache, tortilla chips make me feel all bloated.....I think my body is trying to make me miserable so I won't eat like crap anymore!

A big shout out to everyone else who follows! I'll BBL to report on my WO and eats! Have a great day!

What a long morning this is turning out to be! Blah! I have to have another 12 oz of water before I am allowed to have another coffee! My rules! LOL I didn't drink enough after my workout today so I have to make up for it!

Lorrie** Sucks to be you! JUST KIDDING!! LOL That wasn't very nice was it? hehe Hopefully you will get your workout in later gator!:)

Becca** Ive stummbled a few times. I did make a good choice yesterday though. After baby group was over, I loaded my friend up with some baked goodies for her hubby. Then when DH was home or lunch I loaded him up with some to take back to work. Grant it..these are goodies I have foolishly made myself, knowing full well I am the only one who is going to eat them.There aren't many in the house now, only my grandmothers b-day cakex( with real butter icing...which I LOVE!x( I thought about chucking it in the garbage after I got home but DH would have wanted it then. If its not gone by tonight then it will be going in the trash! Dont stress yourself out to much!

Marcia** Thanks! Sounds like everything is going well with your TM!

Back to report workout is done. 60mins Cross train on the bike. I'm sweating like a crazy woman. Traveled 16 miles and burned 489 cals. Off to finish up with abs and shoulders. And a much needed shower.

We are not getting snow here. It's freezing rain and high winds now. Just a good day to stay home :)

BBL

Hi Everyone
Thanks for the encouragement. Tonites workout is timesaver blast #3
I think this is part of the problem. I don't know the routines well enough so I end up watching part of it. I don't feel Iam getting a good workout. I like the wt wo though. Need to switch to a step routine that is familiar an just do the wt. work.

Brkfst-boiled egg, toast, and grapefruit
AM snack-yogurt, and banana
Lunch-pork chop, rice, and peas
PM snack-salad with chicken, apple
Supper-hamb on the foreman grill
Snack-protien drink

My stomach hurts today so we will see how much I actually eat.

Good morning. QUICKIE post, as I only have 15 minutes to eat meal 2 and get to work!

[font color=red]Come on, everybody!
Struggles, obstacles, CHALLENGES!
We knew this wasn't going to be easy, right?
Let's just work on TODAY!
We're all in this together.
I agree to toss the scale, although I'm just as guilty at letting that number effect me even though the measurements and clothes are getting better.
FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!
[/font]

OK…my workout this morning was the BFL upper body weight workout. WOW! Those 31.25s for flies were really REALLY working and I was huffing and puffing by the time I was done with that set! And that was just the BEGINNING! LOL

Off to work. Sorry to hit and run.

Today’s menu:
M1: 3 hard boiled egg whites, 1 slice w/w toast
M2: Turkey Black Bean Chili
M3: 4 small protein pancakes
M4: Grilled chicken over tossed greens, baked lo carb tortilla chips (homemade)
M5: Grilled chicken, brown rice, ‘faux fried’ cabbage (lol)
M6: 2 string cheese and apple

Gayle

Good Morning!

Toay was BM2 double upper body. Was going to also run, but my friend decided it ws too cold. Maybe tomorrow. Although I have CF Mix and Max planned tomorrow. Am I brave enough to try both???:eek: }(

Lori--Your pics look great!! Great muscle definition! I agree to toss that scale! And don't listen to your MIL! How tall are you?

Nancy--Sorry that you aren't feeling well.

Lorrie--Power out? Bummer! Hope you can get your workout in today.

Roxie--I plan to do the Timesaver in 2 weeks. I have had that one for a year now and have only done 1 segment. Do you like it?

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Gin** I am only 5'4"...just a shorty! LOL Sounds like you have a good workout planned!

Gayle** Yummy meal and great workout! And you right, it wouldn't be called a challenge if it were easy! LOL

Im just sitting here waiting for lunch time. Starting to get hungry again!

Hey there everyone! Let's ALL toss our scales, shall we? We KNOW we're doing the best we can. SO THERE!!!

I did the LIC cardio premix today. I've been taking it "easy" on that one lately, so I threw an extra riser under my step today and got an extra 150 calories out of it. Amazing what a couple inches higher can do, eh?

I'm still having trouble getting up every (work) day to get my WO in. Cardio days I manage, but weight days are hit & miss. Still trying, though.

Sorry no time for personals - I'm supposed to be working here. I get to write performance reviews today. Oh the joys of being a supervisor.

Have a great day everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.