*** 12 Week Challenge Jan 29th ***

gidget1978

Cathlete
Is it almost the end of Jan already? The sooner our snow is gone the better!
I have been up since 4 o'clock...thanks to DS! Whats the point in getting up this early if I can't even workout? I set my alarm for 5:30 with hopes of getting my workout in but now I don't know what I will do!
I took a much needed rest day yesterday and today I plan on running and doing 4DS UB,although the GS's are looking at me:)

Have a good day everyone!
Lori:)

Morning Lori and everyone who follows.

IS your DS not feeling well Lori? I know yesteday's post you mention he had a fever.

Today is circuits. Gonna insert squats in between machines.I'm liking what this workout has done to my backside :) I will also work biceps to PUB and another Cathe workout--just not sure yet. Haven't had my coffee --therefore I can't think :)

Anyone have plans for SuperBowl Sunday? WE are having people over to our place. THis is always good cause I can make sure there are some healthy choices to select from :)

Coffee is done----------- brb

Good Morning Lori,Kath and all who follows(or post while I post;-))

Today is imax2 or drillmax for 25-30mins.Yay,I love these short little high intensity cardio workouts:D Im going shopping for my treadmill today:7 I hope i can find one that I like,if not I will have to order the one Ive had my eye on online!

Lori-yeah,I was also wondering if your little guy isn't feeling well!

Kath-naaa,not a football fan...but put in the middle of a braves baseball game and Im CRAZY;-) Your superbowl sunday sounds fun. What kind of healthy snacks are you making? enjoy your workout!

alrighty,bbl

[font color=orange]GOOD MORNING, LADIES![/font]

How are we today? You're all already talkative! lol

This morning's early workout was:
iTread 19 Sprints
Core Max 2 on the ball
push ups to failure (to see how many I could do non-stop....27)
Stretch Max with the band

I'm sporting some awesome DOMS in the butt and legs, just like a few of you!!! LOVE IT, isn't it great?

My head cold...WHAT HEAD COLD? It seems to be all gone now, thank goodness! Yesterday's eating was completely spot-on and I feel TREMENDOUSLY better today. What a difference!

Here is my menu plan for today:
M1: 3 hard boiled egg whites, 1 slice w/w toast
M2: turkey black bean chili
M3: 4 small protein pancakes
M4: roasted chicken breast on salad greens, baked lo carb tortilla chips
M5: roasted chicken breast, brown rice, steamed carrots
M6: apple, 2 string cheese

Lori-we haven’t even gotten a good-enough snow storm yet, so I’m hoping and praying for one, before March! LOL I hope you get in a great workout sometime today!

Kath-so tell me what you do for your circuit…you move machine to machine, but with squats in between? Sounds great!

Super Bowl Sunday plans include a Bday party for BF at his house. And since he’s got the whole set up of HD, DirectTV, a projector TV and LARGE screen, it’s safe to say we’re watching the game at HIS house! LOL

Amelia-enjoy the TM shopping! You’ll LOVE having a brand new one!!!

Good Morning Everyone,
It's 20 degrees here with a wind chill of -7 we have a 40 percent chance of snow today blowing snow of course. Then Thursday there is a 60 percent chance. I didn't get up and exercise again this am will have to do it when I get home. On tap is timesaver #1 it's a little easier. Yesterday was #2 and I have problems with the foot work.

Brkfst.-cereal and grapefruit
A.M snack-yogurt and banana
Lunch-Healthy choice panini
P.M. snack-salad and orange if I get one
Supper-chicken of some kind and don't know what else

Lori- I hope your DS gets to feeling better
Amelia- Have fun TM shopping I love mine
Kath- Superbowl party sounds like fun
Banslug- Your meals sound great I wish I could get up to exercise

Good Morning Ladies!

Today I did LIC cardio timesaver. It is nice to have a shorter workout every once in a while (48 min.)
Got on the scale this morning not expecting to have lost anything, but am down .4 lb. I'll take it. So now I have lost 4.6 since Jan. 1. I have not made huge changes, so I wouldn't expect it to be faster and don't have too much more to my goal. Maybe 5 lbs??

I always seem to be in a rush and no time for personals. :eek:

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Hi ladies! Not much time this morning. I had to take DH to the airport so I drove to work today. I woke up at 5:15 and did my bosu knee PT stuff and the balanced core premix of core max. I didn't have time for stretching so I am going to do a 20-30 min stretch/yoga workout tonight.

Hi, everyone!
Wow, I did Butts and Guts today! Gotta love it! I feel wobbly! I've been doing well with the eating! No night snacking for the past 3 nights!!
Ugghhh, Fri. I have jury duty. Not only will this mess me up at work,and picking up my daughter from school, it will cut into my workout time.
x( Hopefully this won't go on for long!!!!
Talk to you later, Nancy~~

Hey Challengers!

Just wanted to report my workout and then I am going for a nap!

DS went back to bed around 6:50 and I had to get DD off to school. I did GS C&T,(heavy, Im gonna be sooo sore tomorrow!) and then a 7 mile run!

I will be back later with personnals!

Lori:)

Good morning everyone! Imax 3 for me today. I barely finished before the workers came to the house to start fixing things. Now I'm trying to think if I will have time to grab anything but a protein shake before the tile people come! Sigh

I'm off for now and will try to get back on later tonight

Good afternoon, ladies.

Day 32 of 12 Week Challenge

Eating was on track yesterday and today so far.

Did BBC Legs cardio (18 min.) last night. I have a love/hate relationship with these BBC cardios. They're tough but I feel so great when I'm done. This morning was Power Hour. Haven't done a full body endurance workout in awhile. Biceps are feeling "pumped". :)

Forgot to mention that I bought a pullup bar over the weekend. I was all excited to try it out until I discovered I couldn't do a single one! Going to order the Woody Bands now for assisted pullups. My DD12 did 3 1/2 last night (the little brat!:+). Of course, she only weighs 87 pounds!

Sue

Sue, I PROMISE you there's NO WAY I could do a single pullup either, so you're not alone. I know DS (10YO) can do at least one, not sure about DD - she's only 5 so I'm not sure she understands what to do.

Lori, glad DS got back to sleep and that you got your WO in! I have GS C&T on my list for today also - skipped this morning so I'll have to do it when I get home from work. If I wuss out it'll be PUB on Thursday so I hit every UB muscle group.

Amelia, good luck finding a TM you want. I'd like to have one, but have no place to put it unless I get rid of the elliptical, which is simply not going to happen.

Gayle, your meals DO sound good. I think I'll list mine for a change too! I'm doing a WL meal plan from Spark People that seems to be working pretty well for me so far.
B: oatmeal, strawberries, whole wheat mini bagel w/ lite cream cheese, coffee w/ skim milk
L: stuffed cabbage soup (ground turkey, cabbage, carrots, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, brown rice & spices)
S: Fiber One bar
D: steak, baked potato, garlic-spiked broccoli & mushrooms w/ rosemary (haven't tried this yet, but sounds GREAT!)

OK, I'd better scoot. Need to finish lunch and figure out why the network isn't seeing my new computer. Have a great afternoon & evening ladies!

Hi Everyone!

It sounds like everyone is sticking to their plan, and that's great!

DH and I are still going strong with our challenge together, although he did develop an umbilical hernia over the weekend. :eek: The Dr. says it's pretty minor and he should just keep an eye on it as he works out--and avoid prolonged ab work. I feel bad for him!

We did have our thin crust pizza treat this weekend, and you know, I can't decide if it was worth it. I can still feel it even though it was several days ago.

Have a great day everyone!

**Amelia, let us know what you find with the TM's. I think mine is about to bite the dust :)

Kelly S.

Busy - Crazy day today!! Whew.....We got socked with a blizzard today and it hit our area like BAM one minute nothing the next minute tons of snow, very windy, no visibility, etc. So, once the weather hit we were canceling school and I was making the necessary phone calls to the TV stations, etc. and then it kept getting worse, sooooo they decided we should get out earlier, so I was back on the phone to the same places changing the announcement. Craziness...:p ;)

Workouts include (so far ;-) ): 1 hour step interval class this morning (made it before the snow hit) 1 hour on the treadmill-speed walking, 10 minutes at 3.0; 45 minutes alternating 3.8 and 4.0 and cooldown of 5 minutes on 3.0. I'm tired......in a great way!

We were going out to eat tonight, but that might change since the weather is so terrible. But, there is a nice restaurant a few miles away so we might feel adventurous and go there. :9

Take care everyone!
Marcia.

Hello, it sounds like everyone has had a good day eating and exercise and even I didn't too badly yesturday! Yesturday was a day off and I am still very sore, so I'll get up and moving and see if my legs come good. My intention is to kickmax the blasts only and leg drills today. It will be a day off the weights i think today.

Sue (shakeubooty) and Roxie1965 I read your posts from yesturday and I am soooo hearing you! And we can get there, its called determination and FOCUS. LETS DO IT!!!

Right then, I'm off to do it ( my head is nodding in a determined way, fists are pumped)
Have a great evening, my day is just starting,

see you

Andrea}( }(

Good Afternoon Slimming Beauties!

I had an interesting thing happen to me at a restaurant that NEVER happened before thanks to this challenge. I ordered a salad and an entree (chicken with marinara sauce and linguine - no cheese and no garlic bread). Pull off over half the linguine to a seperate plate so I did not eat it, then proceeded to eat the salad first, then eat less then half of the remaining entree before I was full. I listened to my body and STOPPED EATING! What a freaking concept! I have the leftovers in a box for the doggies. :p I'm someone who sees food and eats it - all of it - no matter what it is. I'm pretty impressed. Thank you for being here with me and helping me realize the error of my ways.

My workout today was Amy's Slo Mo Legs. Holy OUCH Batman! It got me GOOD!

Enjoy ladies!

Well Ladies I am seriously considering quitting this challenge. I am not seeing any results from working out. I don't like working so hard and not seeing anything from it.

Oh yah - THAT'S why I like to work out at 4:00 a.m. Just checking in to say still here. Looks like you all have been doing great. Slept this a.m - following really bad (like, no) sleep last night. So kicked out GSBSB earlier today but needed some cardio. Pulled out Low Max after DH got home - so at 7 p.m. hit LM and a quick fluidity. My legs feel like lead in the evenings --ick! Of course I have "leg issues" at TTOM so I think that accounts for it. Tomorrow - 4:00 baby! See you then!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.