*** 12 week Challenge Jan 19th ***

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

My cheat day ended up being yesterday and I feel like a big tub of goo! Up early to get my workout in b/c DS has a b-day party this afternoon so I don't see how I can possibly fit everything in.
Yesterday I tried taking a nap but that didn't work so I got up and did a 6 mile run and gs floor work. Todays workout is going to be a circuit workout with ME and my TM. Should be a long workout and I am hoping DS won't wake till I am done. I doubt it though so now I am hoping that DH will get up with him! LOL
His needles yesterday were horrible! He cried so much, he even lost his breath a few times but he had no effects of it after. He seemed fine the rest of the day.I hope his leg isn't sore when he gets up today.

Ill BBL!
Lori:)

Morning Lori and all 12-weekers who follow. Lori - LOL at the "big tub of goo"! HA. Been there- felt like that. Good luck on all your stuff today. And hugs to your little guy - bless his heart.

Lots on the agenda today and the brutal cold snap is supposed to hit hard - hopefully too cold to snow. Slept in a bit but got in my 3-mile SS incline walk and 4DSKB. Off to do B&G stability ball abs and then I think that's it. I'm feeling a bit fried from these last few days. Maybe a rest day tomorrow (what is a rest day anyway?) LOL. Happy Saturday my friends!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Good Morning!

Week one of BFL over. New week starts tommorrow!

Lori-OH,I hate the needle days...my DS also loses his breath.I feel bad but there really isn't anything i can do,he had to have them.I just give him extra kisses;-). Great workout yesterday. Great one planned today too!

Hello to everybody else!

I've decided that today is my FREE DAY :7. I will take it easy though.

And the scale said Im down two pds exactly :7! Im not going to get too excited about that though,I will get excited if its down another two pds next week though!

How is everybody doing today?
bbl

Good morning all -

Well, I start the day off with the temps being 14 below zero and that's without any windchill. I haven't heard what it is with that factored in. So, be ready anybody east of Minnesota it's coming your way and it's nasty!!

I woke up with just a little soreness in my back, but that's it - whew...no more pain - I'm so glad. Thanks to all of you with your suggestions they were most helpful.

I'm off to my DS basketball tourney all day and then bartend tonight. Full day ahead in this freezing cold.

Take care
Marcia.

Morning Girls :)

Today is a easy 4 mile run at the gym. Followed by ab stuff on the machines there and of course my fav Roman chair stuff :) No upper body cause I worked my *stuff* hard yesterday.
I'm loving the DOMS }(

Tomorrow is my free/rest day but I may switch it to Tuesday as that MIL is having minor surgery in the a.m. MY workout may wait --we shall see. I weigh in on Sundays as well. I'm feeling good --let's hope the scale proves me right :)

Fake sweet huh Gayle? Hmm I may have to pass on them. I'm so odd not liking sweet stuff. I can bake up a storm --famous for some of my goodies but no desire to dig into any of it--weird huh? :)

Hi to everyone who follows. Hope you all have great workouts.

I'm still not 100% on the STS series. Has anyone else preordered?

O.k lets see how far I get. DS is super clingy today. Doesn't help that he likes to play with the laptop. See! He as already made his way over here...oh...he is leaving again! LOL Whiny baby in the house!

I ended up getting in a 5 mile run and up to the chest protion of ME. All I had left to do was legs again,shoul and tri's....but still 3 more miles on the TM. DS woke shortly after I started and 90 mins late DH wants to know when I will be done b/c he as to go to work for a bit. I had to call it quits but that was still a good workout on a empty belly.

Lorrie** I felt like a tub of goo over christmas to even though I didn't eat that much. I don't think my body is use to being full and it was full alot over christmas, which made me feel awful! Enjoy your workout today!

Belinda** Yeah on the scale!!!! I sooo hope this works for you!:)

Marcia** Glad to hear your pain is gone. I guess you can get a good workout in today! Enjoy your sons games.

Kath** I love to bake but I often eat it to. But there are times I don't touch it. Yesterday I baked a cake and of course by the end of the day, after picking at it non stop, there was a good chunk of it missing! Thats when I thought yesterday should be my cheat day. A family friend came over for dinner and when she left I gave her a HUGE piece of cake. Almost 1/2 of the cake, so atleast thats out of my house. I was gonna throw the rest in the garbage but I know if I do DH will come looking for it, but if I leave it there he won't eat it. Sounds like you have a good workout planned!

I did read through some of the post yesterday but didn't have the time to respond. I think it was kath or Lorie who spoke about their little boy he likes his dr! That was so sweet!

Have a good day everyone!!!

Lori
:) :)

Good morning, fine ladies!

Like several of you, we got the cold front coming thru. TOmorrow's supposed to be even worse with 'bitter cold winds'. SO today's plan includes hitting the store while we're out for DS' basketball game, to stock up on a few things. That way, wehn the wind comes tomorrow, I can just cook away for the coming week and stock that fridge of mine. I plan on going NOWHERE with tomorrow's wind. I HATE being cold. I wear like 5 layers and if my feet get cold, forget it! lol

OK....I slept in a little bit since younger DS was at a sleepover last night. (I can't concentrate to workout if BOTH my boys are awake in the house TOGETHER! LOL). So this morning was iTread 25 (40 min, Top 40) and I KILLED THOSE HILLS! I really cranked it out fast! Then abs from LIS/HIS dvd and I played a little bit with the bi/tris in BC.

I'll BBL after my nice HOT STEAMY shower!

Gayle

Good Morning!

Today I did S&H Legs and Shoulders and then tacked on some pushups from BMax2. Somehow I have trouble with pushups if I only do them once a week. I want to run today but 27 degrees is too cold for me and no access to a treadmill. Wah!:-(
I bought the Body for Life cookbook last night and yum...I can't wait to try the recipes!

I am so impressed with everybody's workouts. You guys really push it! Way to go!

Have a great day all!
Gin:)

12-Week Challenge Check-in

Challengers:

Good morning! I had an exciting week! First, I met with a trainer for a comprehensive fitness evaluation. He was blown away by my cardio fitness! My V02 max is 80.2. That puts me in the “elite” category for my age! Glory! Cathe cardio is better than cheesecake!

The teams were chosen for our Biggest Loser challenge at church Wednesday night. I love my trainer. She has a sweet spirit but is tough enough to kick my butt! I jumped for joy when she assigned us Cathe weight workouts for homework in between weekly sessions with her. I think she was surprised by my reaction because she was not expecting any of us to know Cathe. She is not as sanguine as I am, and she might be wondering if she will need to sedate me. LOL! I am bouncing off the walls already.

Laurie is not making us do gym workouts because she thinks Cathe is awesome, and she believes we will get awesome results with her workouts. She watches Cathe every morning to steal stuff for her classes. LOL! If I can't have Cathe for my personal trainer, what more could I ask for than a sweet and strong trainer who loves Cathe and can help me plan rotations with her workouts?! God answered my prayers! My church is providing a trainer for each team for the full 18 weeks of this challenge! We only had to pay $30.00 for the whole semester, and that was to offset the cost of the Biggest Loser workbook, cookbook, and workout DVD. They surprised us with the free fitness evaluation (that would cost $150.00 otherwise) and a free gym membership too. The guy who did my fitness evaluation at the gym where we have a free membership this month was so inspired when I showed him my “before” picture at my top weight (4 sizes larger) that he offered me a free personal training session too. I am not sure if I will take him up on that yet because I have no intention of continuing with gym workouts and do not want to waste his time. Laurie is meeting with us once a week and teaching a class for us. I am expecting to see some familiar moves.

Oh, I am down 8 pounds since New Year's Eve. I was very surprised to see another 2-pound drop Friday morning. My cycle just started late Friday afternoon. I usually gain 5 pounds during PMS time. This is the first time I have ever lost weight during PMS week! Glory!

I weigh twice a week by the way. Wednesday night is my official Biggest Loser weigh-in at church. Friday morning is my weigh-in for this challenge. I prefer my early morning weight wearing nothing but what God gave me. That is what I am reporting in this check-in. I am 4 pounds heavier at night.

Did I mention that I am so excited? I feel so blessed to have all this amazing support and encouragement. Cathe even told me that she is behind me 100 percent as my cheerleader! With Cathe’s workouts, Laurie’s coaching, the support of my team and this check-in, the grace of God, faith, good nutrition, perseverance, consistency, and a determined focus on my part, I am destined for success this year! Glory!

Lori, go sweat out that goo! LOL! Hugs to your little one.

Lorrie, stay warm. I wish it would snow here. If we have to deal with this cold weather, at least give us something pretty to see!

Amelia, enjoy your free day (but not too much)!

Marcia, stay warm! Oh my stars! It is cold here, but not that cold!

Kath, I preordered the first day after see-sawing for 2 days. I am very excited after reading some of the responses from Cathe and Chris. For example, the lower body workouts will be more like Butts and Guts than Slow and Heavy legs. Butts and Guts is my favorite lower body workout. I would be delighted to receive 12 more of those! There will be 4 special premixes for people with a squat rack who want a hardcore gym workout. Those are optional and not necessary for results. Cathe and Chris will start posting pictures and more details in the blog when filming starts in February. Start saving your money now. You still have time to decide.

Gayle, what do you think of the 4-Day Split? Enjoy your hot shower!

Gin, I bought Perfect Pushup handles last Sunday based on a recommendation from Chris. They really make push-ups more comfortable and fun!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Good Morning
Cold here today to. I just finished Total Body Sculpt and Strectch. Had a little trouble lifting today don't know why. Today is also CleanMax and Wal-MartMax. Tomarrow is my free day. Have a good day everyone.

Hey there everyone! I haven't been able to check in for a couple days. Just haven't been feeling like myself...

Roxie, I have GroceryMax and HomeworkMax scheduled for my house today LOL!

As I type this, I'm trying to psych myself up for a WO. I'm having SUCH a hard time with this right now! I just don't want to do anything. I'm thinking I might download a bunch of 20 or 30min iClimb WO so that I have something quick to do. I think if I just get in the habit of doing SOMETHING most days, that the longer WO will come back eventually. Of course it would help if it were LIGHTER and WARMER @ 5:15am!

OK, done whining. I need to get my rear in gear for the day. I still have to feed one kid and then I can WO in "peace". DH has gone to work, so it's just me & the kids for the rest of the day. Hope there's not too much fighting going on LOL.

Gotta scoot! Have a great day everyone!

OK. I'm back - did a 30min iClimb and then lectured the kids about fighting and learning to behave better cuz I'm tired of being angry all the time.

Now I'm off to the shower then we'll have some lunch and get some work done on that science fair project. Also need to make some grocery lists because I'd like to stop @ the store on the way back from the hairdresser.

Bye!

Hey Andrea! GREAT JOB getting that workout in...even with the kids around. That's very hard for me to do as well, and it's my biggest motivator to early-morning workouts. If it makes you feel ANY better, my kids are in their let's-just-nag-eachother-till-mom-turnspurple-in-the-face-and-can't-stop-screaming-at-us stage! lol

Gayle

I did Kelly Coffey's complete cardio sculpting workout for the first time today instead of body max. I liked the cardio because I don't like learning choreography but it is an endurance light weight workout and I don't know how beneficial those are. I can sort of still feel the burn a little. Well I am off to my Caucus this is the first one for me I am not quite sure what they do there. Everyone have a great day!

Lori – I remember those days when my kids were little and I took them in for their shots. My DD12 still hates needles.

Amelia – Congrats on completing your 1st week and losing 2! Have a happy Free Day!

Marcia – I woke up to -2 and I thought that was bad! Glad your back is feeling better.

Kath – I haven’t preordered STS yet but I’m just procrastinating at this point. At first I wasn’t convinced but when I found out the legs will be more like Butts & Gutts I felt better.

Gayle – I wear lots and lots of layers in this cold, too. My DS runs around the house with just a t-shirt on but I’m not happy unless I have at least 2 layers on my upper body. And if I watch tv I need a blanket wrapped around me! So your kids argue, too? ;-)

Roxie – Hi! I *should* be doing CleanMax right now! Right now I’m wishing it was MaidMax instead. :+

Heather – Your Biggest Loser challenge sounds so interesting! That is awesome that your VO2 max is so good! You continue to inspire and amaze all of us.

Roxie – Is your rear in gear yet? LOL I know how hard that is trying to get everything done around the house PLUS get your workout in – especially when the kids are acting up and Dh isn't around.

I was up a good portion of the night again with my DD12. She had a fever and headache last night so I gave her some Ibuprofen. A little after midnight she wakes me up to tell me she has painful burning when she pees. The poor thing was sobbing uncontrollably one minute, whimpering with pain the next as she tried to pee. I gave her a hot bath, some Ibuprofen and vitamin C. That relieved her symptoms somewhat. Almost ran out to the 24 hour Walgreens to buy Uristat but she was doing better by then. I went back to bed but I kept hearing her get up to use the bathroom so every time she got up, I woke up. We saw the doctor this morning and sure enough – a UTI – so she has all the proper meds she needs. Both of us are tired today though. I need to do some cleaning, buy some groceries and then do B&G Leg Blast and maybe a little cardio.

Have a nice day everyone! Stay warm – brrrrrrrrr!

Sue

Hey Everyone,
Cleanmax done, wal-martmax done (thank god I hate that place nowhere to park no room to walk and wait in line for 30min.) I figured out the 2lb wt gain, TTOM now the cravings for chocolate and anything else sweet has started.
Sue have your DD drink cranberry juice mixed with 7-up or sprite that will help her and lots of water. Hope she gets to feeling better. I use to have those all the time, but its been awhile.

Hi everyone! Today I did 45 min on the elliptical using an iclimb workout and some leg work at the gym. I also cleaned the kitchen and living, which was a workout in it's own right :p.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Good idea mixing the cranberry juice with 7-up. We've been pushing the water already. The other thing that hurts her is that she loves milk. Don't want to discourage her from milk drinking but we do need to limit her consumption (because of the constipation it causes and subsequent UTIs). She's had these before but not for 3 years according to her chart at the doctor's office.

Thanks again,
Sue

Good evening all! This morning was gym style chest and back.

It has been a long and busy day, I'm off for a hot bath!

Sheree'

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.