*** 12 week Challenge Jan 15th***

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Lets get this thread started! I am a little sore from yesterdays UB workout but nothing I haven't felt before. Maybe it will get worse? Nothing like wishing for awful DOMS! LOL I guess thats where the slogan "no pain,no gain" came from...fools like me!:+

I caught up on personnals last night so I don't need to do that again today. Im headed for a 8 mile run right now but it may be cut short. This early in the morning, I will be happy to get anything in.

My meals today:
Meal #1 Cottage cheese/ Fruit
Meal #2 French toast
Meal #3 Pita pizza
Meal #4 Shake
Meal #5 Meat and a salad
Meal #6 Another shake if I am hungry.

Have a good one!
Lori:)

Morning Lori--

My legs are feeling my run from yesterday. But that's a good thing. I'm so evil

Today's workout at the gym will be:

20mins Bike at moderate pace.

20mins Treadmill at 7mph incline at 0% for 10mins. Then 10mins at 7mph at 5% incline. Sometimes I kick it up higher to get an added butt burn --told ya I'm evil

20mins Trainer at resistance 5.

I plan on working chest and back with PUB.

I'm going to read yesterday's posts and come back with personals.

BTW Lori your son is a cutie.

I need to decide today if I really want the STS series. I sold enough books to pay for it and with extra leftover for me to go clothes shopping --YAY!

Ok brb

Morning Lori and Kath! Hope your Tuesday is off to a great start. Lori - I always hope for nice DOMS as well. And of course people think I'm nuts - maybe we're the mark of true fitness fanatics? Hope you get 'em today.

Kath - I also have to review and come back. Maybe it's because I'm in bed early but I always seem to miss the tail end of the prior day's thread.

Nice SS incline TM walk this a.m., followed by BBC legs and butt. Goarl is to come back later for BBC chest - now that one always gives my DOMS. :) Have a great Tuesday all - BBL to see what's up!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Good Morning Lori,Kath,Lorrie and all who follows!

Ive been slacking lately on checking in (partly because I wasn't doing the BFL challenge...but I am now;-):7)

So this is day three/week one for me in BFL. And all I can say is "I can totally do this" ;-)

Lori-Great job on your meals yesterday,enjoy your run! I love my DOMS,actually I get pretty darn upset if I don't get any after a good workout,LOL

Kath-Great workout yesterday,Have fun with UB today:)

Lorrie-Nice workout!

Todays workout for me is UB on PH/BM2! Have a great day!

oh and Im going shopping this morning to get some of the clean recipes that I've seen like the protien pancakes and the egg quinchs! Cant wait to try them!

Good morning everyone!

I'm up earlier because I'm off here soon to teach my first step interval class of 2008. I'm very excited, but my body and brain are still in Mexico so I'm tired and just want to go back to bed. :-(

DS has basketball practice tonight so I am hoping to get in a Turbo Jam workout as well. I have been lax on exercise since we've been back so it's time to get things 'movin'!

We are celebrating a co-workers birthday today, so the treats will be everywhere in our office. I'm going to grab some healthy snacks before leaving so I'm not too tempted to splurge. I might be back here quite a bit for some inspiration and help so I don't eat everything and give in to temptation.

Have a great day everyone~!
Marcia.

We are *sick* girls--- liking the DOMS :)

Lorrie: Morning girl. Have a great day.

Marcia: Mexico? How lucky for you. Our winters seem so long. I envy you. You so have to be able to do this for you. That's the key I think. Have to be selfish enough to set aside time for yourself. I don't have an Ipod. My kids have shuffles. I have a creative mp3 player. very similiar--holds same amount of songs and its small enough to carry on myself while running. I love working out to music.

Christine: Congrats on the 5lbs weight loss. You go girl :)

Gin: Hang tough girl. It will start to come off. Are you following BFL eating plan? I'm following it. But Im only checking in here.

Andrea: How old is your DD? I don't blame ya for getting some extra cuddling time in. They do grow up fast.

Jonahnah: NO snow day here. Although we did get blasted again. Where are you located? I saw New England states got hit hard as well yesterday.

Kelly: I find if I don't gte my sorry self out of bed early---there will be no workout for me later. I like --so many of us-- get caught up with my day and doing things, running here and there that I end up with no time for me.

Carolyn: LOL on the enablers. Don't ya hate them?

Kelly: You are doing this challenge with your hubby? What are your goals?

Karen: Sounds like you have your workouts planned. Do you take a spinning class at the gym? My gym doesn't offered one.

Ok mug is empty I need a refill :)

BBL

I must've missed it, but could somebody please post the protein pancakes recipe? Those sound absolutely awesome!

Thanks,
Marcia.

HEY GUYS! QUICKIE super UBER quick post.

I overslept BIG TIME! I even went to bed early last night so I could get up earlier than normal. Big mistake! HA! BUT....here's my plan. I have exactly enough time to get in my workout between the busstop and the time I have to leave for work. SO.....here's the plan in detail: get the kids on the bus (I'll be dressed in my workout clothes with my running sneakers and iPod on and everything, lol), then back home for the bak-to-back iTread and B&G bonus abs. Then a quick shower, dress, dry hair. PC check in, quickie meal #1 and off to work. It's going to be tight, BUT I WILL NOT MISS A WORKOUT!

Marcia:::

Protein Pancakes

1 C oats
1 C cottage cheese
6 egg whites
2 packs Splenda (I omit this)
¼ tsp vanilla
¼ tsp cinnamon

· Process all ingredients in a food processor or blender, until smooth.
· Allow to sit a few minutes to let the oats absorb some of the liquid.
· On a preheated skillet, cook pancakes slowly over low-medium heat. It will take longer than normal pancakes for the centers to cook thru.

Notes:
· This makes 2 servings, each a LARGE pancake. What I like to do is use my Pampered Chef muffin-sized scoop (don’t know the measurement of that) and make small pancakes.
· These freeze extremely well, and I LOVE these reheated in the TOASTER!!!!

If I don't get time for the PC before work, I'll check back in afterwards, ok???

Gayle

Hi, everyone!
Quick check-in before I take my daughter to school.
I intend to burn out my legs and butt today! I am doing slow and heavy legs, followed by legs and glutes! I've already done core max 2. Hopefully tommorrow I won't be able to sit!!!}( Take care, Nancy J.~~~

Good Morning Ladies,

This morning it did HSTA cardio only. It was only 17 minutes w/the warmup but it was still tough. I don't know if it is considered a HIIT workout. Oh well. I might do more cardio tonight.

Yesterday I did S/H legs plus Butts and Guts floor and abs. I;m not really feeling any DOMS. I used 50 lbs for S/H and it was much easier than I thought it would be.

I made protien pancakes for breakfast. They are so delicious!

Off to clean the house.

Carolyn

Good morning again. I'mjust going on record as saying I got my workout in after the bus. iTread 19 Sprints, iTread 26 and B&G bonus abs.

Sorry for the hit and run post yet again. I will NOT oversleep tomorrow! I HATE this rushing around!

Gayle

Day 18 of 12 Week Challenge

Good morning all you DOMS junkies! :) I admit to liking DOMS, too. Just a little bit the next day if I had my way. ;-) If I get it later the same day then I know I'm in for a lot of pain the next few days.

Lorrie - Your comment about Barry seeming slightly hungover cracked me up! The last time I did Arms I yelled "Ain't a break!" back at him. Helps me push myself because I really DO want a break!

Lori - I'll keep my fingers crossed your DOMS gets worse. :+

Luckyruns - Great workout for today. Hope you get that "butt burn" you're looking for! ha ha

Punka274 - You CAN do this! Welcome to our challenge.

Marcia - Our department does treats for birthdays and anniversaries with the company so we have LOTS of treats - ugh! I've found that if I don't look, it's easier to resist. I also encourage people to bring danish because I don't like those.;-)

Gayle - Way to be committed to your workouts even though you overslept! And thanks for the protein pancake recipe. I've made other recipes but this one's a little different so I'd like to try it. I made the salsa chicken in the crockpot on Sunday - yummo! :)

Nancy J. - Wow - you might not be able to sit OR walk tomorrow after that workout! LOL

Did 4DS LIS cardio & BBC Leg cardio this morning. Dojo tonight. (Please don't let it be sparring, please don't let it be sparring.)

Sue

Good morning everyone! You early birds make me feel like I've been asleep all morning!!!

This morning was Timesaver Cardio from BM2. I don't have any idea why it saves time when it kills you along the way!

I am way to tired to even think about food at the moment so I'll have to get back to you all on that one!:9

Have a good one :)

Hey everyone. Got up and dis 4DS HIS/Chest & Back. I'm going to be SOOOORE tomorrow (to continue today's DOMS theme :)). I'm not getting what I want out of the cardio portion yet, though cuz I'm still choreography-challenged with this one, so I'll walk @ noon too.

Kath - thanks for asking about my DD - she's 5YO going on 15 LOL. My DS is 10 and will still cuddle w/ me in the evenings when he's sleepy, but I'd better not try it any other time LOL!

My scale is UUUUGGGGGLLLLLYYYY today. I'm hoping that shapes up by Friday when I WI @ WW. Not getting my hopes up, though. Not sure what's up, but my motivation for this WL journey is SERIOUSLY flagging these days.

OK. I've got to scoot. Much work to do as usual. Hope you all have a great day today!

Good morning! I did Supersets this morning. I know people characterize this workout as intermediate, but I think if you do it with heavy enough weights that it is tough. Also, it is on the shorter side, which means that I don't have to get up earlier. I am going to research some of Cathe's premixes and see how to shorten some of her longer weight workouts.

Tomorrow is the dreaded weigh-in day. I am just trying to keep it together today and drink tons of water. My biggest problem is wanting to snack after dinner. Last night I did a bit of that but had some hot tea and that took awhile to drink and then it was time for bed. Maybe I should use that trick more often.

Andrea, sorry the scale is being evil today. I am trying to focus on how much better I am feeling now and how I don't feel as out of control as I did previously. I know it isn't much but if you stick with it I am sure it will work out for you.

Thanks for the support Karin. I know I'll be fine if I stick with it. It is SOOOOO frustrating right now, though.

As for shorter weight WO - I like to do the PUB up only premix with heavier weights. Takes about 30min w/o the Core segment and I'm plenty sore afterward. For legs I usually do one of the shorter premixed from Legs & Glutes.

Thanks for the recipe, Gayle, it looks wonderful. I'm going to make them tonight and freeze them like you said for tomorrow morning. Yummy :9 :9 You go girl - way to get all that stuff done this morning. I agree, there isn't anything worse than oversleeping.

Question for everyone: What time do you get up and workout in the morning? (it might help me get out of bed knowing that a bunch of you are sweating, too ;-) )

Take care everyone,
Marcia :D

OK! Now I’ve got time to sit and play some, before the school bus comes. I learned my lesson today….it reminded me why I workout so early in the morning! LOL

Sue-Today I am making a pot of Taco Chicken. I make it the exact same way as Salsa Chicken, but with a package of taco seasoning and 1 to 2 cups of water. I’ll shred it, and I’ll have it over lettuce with a few baked low carb tortilla chips that I made. YUMMY!

Andrea-so what’s up with the scale? How has your eating been? Water? What is causing the ugliness from that little mean machine? Like Karin says, don’t let it deter you from your LONG TERM goal. We need to be consistant with this journey. CONSISTANT! YOU CAN DO THIS! You ARE doing this. Hang with us…..keep moving forward!

Marcia-My alarm is set for 4:30am. My goal is to be in the basement and working out by 5:15am. That allows me enough time to workout and stretch, then shower, get the kids up and out the door WITHOUT all the rushing around.

[font color=red]KEEP ON TRUCKIN'![/font]

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.