*** 12 Week Challenge Feb 3rd ***

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Just wanted to get the thread started and Im off to get my workout done! I have to work today for a little while and when I get off my house will be filled up with men watching the Super Bowl. If I don't get my workout done now, I won't get one in today.

Im gonna do a run and maybe BM2 circuits. I only have an hour so I have to make the best of it!

BBL!
Lori:)

12-Week Challenge Check-in

Challengers:

Consistency is rewarding me with results. I lost 12 pounds in January and inches everywhere. My waist is 2 inches smaller, my abdomen is 2 inches smaller, my hips are 2 inches smaller, and my thighs are each an inch smaller. After dropping 4 pounds the first week, I have been consistently losing 2 pounds every week. I am amazed because my weight loss has always been sporadic in the past and never predictable like this. The 4-Day Split is my series!

This is my rest day, so I am off to enjoy the stability ball segment of Stretch Max before church.

Lori, enjoy your run and the Body Max 2 circuits!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: 12-Week Challenge Check-in

Good Sunday Morning! It’s SUPER BOWL SUNDAY and RACE DAY for me! I’ve got the house to myself this morning. My kids stayed at my sis’s house last night! Gee…what to do with an empty house and no noise or bickering! LOL

Roxie-I cook the protein pancakes first and then let them cool on a cooling rack. I freeze them in a large container. I like to reheat them in the toaster. It makes the outside crispy while the inside is softer but warm! You can also reheat them in the microwave!

Heather…CONSISTANCY! It’s paying off, isn’t it? Great job, and KEEP ON TRUCKIN’, girl!

OK….I’m sporting some DOMS, as normal, from yesterday’s Cardio Kicks. I’ve got it good in the upper chest, upper back, shoulders and lats. I’m telling you, CK gets me every.single.time! LOL I’m relaxing this AM, doing my computer stuff and checkbook stuff. My younger sis and mom are heading over to pick me up for the race at 9:15. Race starts at 10:30. Shooting for 52:00 flat. It’s gonna be a challenge, as I’ve said before, because of the hills. With the ice we got the other day, the path may be slippery as well. But I WILL DO THIS! I’ll report back once I get home and showered, ok!

Have an AWESOME DAY! BBL sometime!

Gayle

Good Morning ladies!

Today is my restday and I may do some light strecthing because my handstrings are a bit tight! Maybe due to the walk/jog interval yesterday!

So,Yesterday was my free day-ate breakfast bfl style and didn't do bad the rest of the day either! Had a big salad for lunch and a cheesburger:9 Then for super had two slices of pizza!

Lori-Are you a football fan? Enjoy your workout today!

Heather-Wow,you are doing So AWESOME! So,your doing the 4DS rotation? Are you eating BFL style? Great job!

Gayle-Im routing for ya! Can you hear me? Go GAYLE!!!!!!!

Hey to the rest of the gang!

Hi Challengers!

Glad to see that everyone is up and moving:) I managed to do a 4 mile run and 2 circuits of BM2. My energy wasn't the highest and I ran out of time.

Heather** Congrats on your weightloss! You are doing so well! Keep going!

Gayle** Hope you have a good run!

Ameila** Ah, you didn't do to bad yesterday. You didn't have anything sweet? Thats what I would have went for, the sweets! Probably 10x's worse then pizza, truth be known.

Lori:)

LOL lori,just replied to you over on the commit thread...I forgot to mention that I did have somehting sweet}( I had one of those cadbury easter eggs with the white creamy filling and milk chocolate...OMG!

ok,gotta go bbl

Good Morning Everyone,

Heather- Congrats on your success, I hope I start seeing results soon.

Gayle- Good luck today, I know you will reach your goal and thanks for the advice on the pancakes.

Lori-enjoy your supperbowl party.

Amelia-I bought licorice yesterday,but kept myself to two peices.

Today is my off day I will probably stretch later and maybe do a little shimmy. My Mil is coming over this morning and my DH and her husband are coming over later. Tonite Iam fixing a roast for supper putting in the crockpot. Enjoy the game everyone.

Hi everyone.

This morning after church the dog and I went out for 3 miles. We both had to walk some. We both need to build up some endurance and lose a few pounds. I need to weigh her and she if both she and I can make a difference between now and Easter. I guess I could start my own little mini challenge with my dog, LOL. The weather was so wondeful, I could have just stayed outside. Too bad I have too much to do inside, laudry, vacuum etc.

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday.

Jean

Good morning Challengers !

Today was WI day for me: up 1/2 a pound but down about 3 inches. Weight loss is great, but my main purpose was to lose the "fat padding" that I added the last year+ so I'm very happy.

Have B&G on tap for today. Will work extra hard since I'll be noshing on some of the Super Bowl snacks later. Plan is to have a protein pancake and grapefruit for breakfast and then have some soup or a large salad before heading off to watch the game. Will drink lots of water and hopefully not overindulge in too much of the cheat foods.

Lori - hope work wasn't too bad, glad you got your workout in this AM, but knowing you, think you may do something later too}( Also hope DH does Cleanmax since his friends will be making the mess;-)

Heather - Super job on keeping up the consistency. You have seen such a great loss in both weight and inches in the past 5 weeks. Isn't it wonderful to feel better AND look better? Keep on Truckin'

Amelia - Sounds like you had a great "cheat" day - not too bad at all. Enjoy your rest day.

Gayle - By the time I posted you were done with your race so I'm chiming in with a "GREAT JOB GAYLE" 'cuz I know you worked hard to do your best whether you beat your 52 min or not.:7

Roxie - keep up the consistency and you will see results too. Have a nice evening with your family.

Jean - Wish it wasn't so wet here, am envious of your nice day. I like the idea of the mini-challenge. Wish my little princess wasn't so old and could walk a good distance since she needs to lose a few pounds too!

Have a great day to all who follow if I don't make it back.

Hey guys!

Race report:

[font size=+3 font color=red]10K
49:43 time
8:01 mile pace!!!!!!!!!!!​
[/font]

'nuff said! LOL

BBL after my shower.

Gayle

CONGRATULATIONS GAYLE!!!! Wow, those itreads must be doing it for you. Good job.

Lori – Sounds like you made the best of your hour and got a great workout in. Don’t know if I could handle that much testosterone in the house during a Superbowl game.:+

Heather – Great job, girl! You continue to inspire and amaze me with your commitment and resolve. Like a lot of other people, I’m rooting for you!

Amelia – Sounds like a successful free day to me. Don’t tell me Easter candy is in the stores already! :eek:

Roxie – Your dinner sounds yummy! What time can I come over? :9

Jean – LOL on your dog and you doing a mini challenge!

Jacque – Congrats on lost inches!! Sounds like you have a good plan for Super Bowl eating.

I did GS-BSB Timesaver this morning. Going to do a 30 min. cardio and abs this afternoon. No Superbowl party to go to so I don’t think noshing will be a problem. The Packers are out so I’m not really cheering for either team – just watching to see if my numbers hit in the pool I’m in at work and to watch some good commercials.

Have a good day everyone.

Sue

Afternoon girls!

First:

Congrats Heather. You go girl :) :) Feels good huh?

Gayle: AWESOME TIME!!! You must be so proud of yourself :)

I'm happy to report on my rest day I did a 3mile outdoor run LOL!! The temp was at mid 30's and I decided to take advantage of it. Light easy run. Fresh air felt great. I stopped at the gym to have the trainer do my BF and to weigh-in. I have a scale that has a feature for BF but I always like to have her do it for me. Just to be sure-- and I figure she is going to be very honest with the reading :)

I'm happy to report that I'm down another pound. I weigh 120. 4 pounds to go to my goal weight. The best part is my BF is down again this week. Last week it was 12% this week I'm at 11%. I figured something was going on cause I'm finally seeing some abs.

Being consistent with my meals and my workouts have played a big role in my success thus far. And of course all your support here :)

I'm off to raid my daughter's closet for some jeans to wear }(

Tomorrow I have a 9mile run on tap. My mileage is starting to increase now. Hope I can do this :)

BBL maybe.

Good Afternoon Girls!

This moring I did Hardcore Extreme #3 (IMAX3 intervals and blasts 5-10, KM blast challenge and leg cond. drills). I may run later with DH.
I need to re-commit to the clean eating. DH and I went out last night and I ate too many chips before dinner and then didn't want dinner and had a bad stomach ache. What is wrong with me?? I know better!

Heather--Congrats on your 12 lbs. off in January. You go, girlfriend!! We do need to plan a Texas get-together!:)

Gayle--WTG with the time on your 10K! You were flying, girl!}( :p You asked about our Stock Show Day. Originally called "Livestock Show", as in animals. Held with the Rodeo.

Jean--Wish you lived a little closer. We could run together. We need to get together with Heather soon. Are there any other Texans here?

Jacque--Yeah to the down 3"..Happy day for you!

Kath--Where do you live that mid 30's is nice weather? Brrrr! Woo Hoo on the lowered bf! Are you training for a run?

Hi to Lori, Amelia, Roxie, Sue and all others!
Gin:)

Gin:

I am in NY and mid 30s this time of year is a heatwave LOL !
I'm training for a 10K with possible training for a half. We shall see how this training goes. I'm in week 5 of my challenge and training --thus far its going great :)

Is everyone ready for some football???????

GO GIANTS!! :)

Hi girls,

I worked all weekend so my eating was a bit off, well a lot off. And I could only get a PLB in yesturday. So I am hoping to do a bit better today, but my waist is back!! So I am really happy I "see" a body change starting to happen!

Sue and Heather well done!

Superbowl day for you guys. I just saw our news and they say today is a "danger" (warning will Robinson, danger!!!) day for eating. And the number one superbowl food of choice is?........ Chille! Followed by pizza. So you girls be strong Easy on the chille and pizza!

Andrea

Gin,
You would run circles around me. You probably walk faster that I run. LOL. I'd love to get together sometime though. We're probably only 20 - 30 minutes apart. I know when the weather gets a little better I do want to take a trip down and see Heather again too.

Gayle,
what an awesome time. You are my idol. I wish I could do that.

Heather,
great job on the losses each week. Keep up the great work.

Amelia,
enjoy your rest day.

Lori,
Nice workout even if you ran out of time. How many days a week do you run?

Roxie,
enjoy you rest day and watching the game with family.

Jacque,
Wow the inch loss is great. Isn't it weird how we always want to watch the scale, but sometimes the measurements say it best.

Sue,
hope your numbers hit. I'm not much into either team this year either. I'll just be watching for the commercials.

Kath,
On your rest day you do a 3 mile run in 30 degrees and are excited about it. On a non rest day, I don't think I could force myself out the door to do any kind of run. I don't know how you handle the cold. I guess that's why I live in Tx. Mild winters usually and oh how I love the heat in the summer.

Andrea,
I hear you on the danger for today. I planned on taking fruit to a friend's house and DH calls me up and asks me to make Texas Dessert, a devilishly good pudding/whip cream thingy. I tell me I'm trying to be good and he tells me I don't have to eat it. Now this is my all time favorite dessert in the whole world and I'm not suppose to eat. Yeah, like that's gonna happen. Oh, well I try to have only a small piece.

Hope everyone one tries to steer clear of the too much of the bad foods.

Jean

Kath - 11% bodyfat! WOW - that's great! You'll be at your goal in no time.

Gin - Don't beat yourself up. I had a bad WEEK of eating - not just a day - and I bounced back. Believe me, if I can do it ANYBODY can do do it. ;)

Andrea - "Danger day for eating" - funny. So true though. }( I'm surprised pizza isn't #1 followed by chips and other snacky foods.

Checking back in to report the rest of today's workout. I did combos 1-3 of Rhythmic Step and Bootcamp Core Only Premix. RS was just too much fun to quit after 30 min.:D Okay, off to check on homework.

Sue

I agree with you! Consistency is key!

I have not checked in the past few days, but I have been around and working out. Today is a rest day for me! Yesterday's workout was slow and heavy chest and back and friday was buts and guts.

Have a good evening everyone!

Sheree'

Challengers:

This is another quick check-in to report my workouts for the fifth week of this challenge:

01-28-08 a.m. 4-Day Split Higher Intensity Step
01-28-08 p.m. water aerobics class/water jogging

01-29-08 a.m. 4-Day Split Kickbox (cardio) + Gym Style Legs (standing legs and stretch) + Core Max (first segment)

01-30-08 a.m. 4-Day Split Lower Intensity Step (cardio, shoulders, and stretch)
01-30-08 p.m. Biggest Loser Challenge (team training with Laurie)

01-31-08 a.m. 4-Day Split Boot Camp

02-01-08 a.m. Step Blast

02-02-08 a.m. Kick Max (boot camp challenge premix) + Core Max (complete core premix)

02-03-08 a.m. Stretch Max (stability ball segment)

My goal for the new week is to keep pressing on and keep increasing my weights with PlateMates.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Challengers:

I have a Cathe accomplishment to celebrate! I discovered the joy of Step Blast. I finally understand why people love this one. I never bonded with this workout before for some reason, and the third combination was always a big challenge for me. After mastering Higher Intensity Step, I sailed through Step Blast Friday morning without a hitch (but with a few hitch kicks). Yippee! I had a mental block about the third combination, so I am excited to share that I have finally mastered it. I feel so accomplished!

Gayle, great race time! Wow!

Amelia, I am the maverick in this check-in. I am NOT doing Body for Life in any way, shape, or form. My style of eating is my own. Eating every 4 hours (3 meals and an afternoon snack) works for me. My body responds to more starchy veggies and whole grains too. My way of eating is plant-based with dairy and eggs in moderation. I do not count calories or calculate ratios, but I know from experience that my ratios are closer to 60 percent carbs/20 percent protein/20 percent fat.

Lori, I am praying for you to resist the Super Bowl party food temptations!

Roxie, I hope you enjoyed your rest day.

Jean, we need to plan another trip to the zoo in March or April when the weather is nice. It was warm enough to go out today with a tee shirt and no jacket!

Jacque, I love Butts and Guts. Check out Cathe’s blog. She refer to STS as Butts and Guts on crack!

Sue, I hope you had a nice day.

Gin, I would love to plan a Texas get-together in the spring. I am sad that we missed Laura.

Kath, anything below 70 degrees is cold for this Texas girl!

Andrea, I love whole grain pita pizza!

Sheree, consistency is key indeed!

Blessings,
Heather B.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.