*** 12 Week Challenge Feb 19th***

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning Chickie Poohs!

How are all of you doing? Im up early to get my workout done but if I have energy tonight I may squeeze more cardio in. I don't have to work again tomorrow so I don't have to go to bed as early.
Im thinking about just doing a straight run today but we will see what happens when I get on the TM. I may have to switch things up a little and do the 4DS or something.
Eating was great yesterday and I am hoping for the same thing today. Weird thing though, I wasn't hungry before I went to bed. If I don't eat...Im always hungry! Hmmmm...and Im not hungry now either.

Oh well....Ill BB when I get to work!

Lori:)

Gosh, Lori you are up early!

Hello everyone,

I am feeling really good today, had a fab workout, hardcore extreme workout 2 million walking lunges, (well..............maybe I exagerate alittle bit but it felt like a LOT!) and some sit up things. AND to really top it off I havn't been too bed eating wise today! Feeling a bit chuffed actually. But before I get too big for my boots I gotta get through the night time eats.

}( }( Thats my game face!

Listen to me! I am nearly through just ONE day and I think I'm good. Sorry.

Lori what do you do for a job?

have a great day
TTFN
Andrea

Morning Girls :) :)

I have a 5miler on tap along with Shoulders from ME and PUB. I'm also working abs to Coremax OR ME.

It is so windy here today. The temps are up but the wind is nasty. Lil disappointed was hoping I could get outside again for my run-- but I think Id start off and end in the same spot :) or end up in Kansas :) :)

Need a refill--

gonna check on yesterday's post and a few other check-ins.

I shall return

Good Morning Lori,Andrea,Kath and all who follows!!

Todays workout is a 30min HIIT on the TM (will try to bump it up a noch this time..maybe a minute at 7 :eek: gasp)and some abbs from a couple of workout dvds....I think I will do those first since I seem to mysteriously 'forget' to do them after my cardio,LOL

Ive got some DOMS going on in my butt and legs-liking that}(  and the scale was at my pre-TTOTM weight so Maybe this is the week to lose more than usual (fingers crossed)

My eating has been fantastic along with my water intake! Yipee, im excited something is finally working for me;-)):7

bbl

Good morning, ladies! I didn't post yesterday at all (although I did sneek a peak at the blog last night) because the kids and I had an unannounced 'UNPLUG DAY'! Every once in a while, I'll announce at home that we will completely unplug every electronic thing in our house. The kids were off of school yesterday, so I figured it'd be a good day to do it. So....yesterday there was no TV, PC, gameboy or DS, PS2, Wii, VCR, DVD, etc. NONE OF IT! The kids had friends over pretty much all day, and I sat on my big ol' BUTT and read a book. I started it at 9am, and I was done with the whole book by 9pm last night! LOL The kids challenged me to see if I could get it done in one day! LOL

I missed yesterday's workout, though. We all slept in, and being so lazy reading, I didn't take the time or energy to do UB.

HOWEVER.....

I was up early this morning and made up for it with PUB. And when the kids get on the bus, I'm hitting the pavement for 6 miles.

I'll BBL after my run and shower!

Gayle

Hi,

I was wondering if I could join the 12 Week Challenge check in? My 40th bday is in 12 1/2 weeks and I need to get my booty in gear. How long have you been doing this check in? Hopefully, it won't be ending anytime soon. :) My goal is to get rid of these last few pesky pounds and look the best I've EVER looked! :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Im back! I am sooo crusty its not even funny! So I am at work.. and you know the phone is going to ring, but everytime it does I feel like telling the person on the other end right where to go! Hello! Im at work! Im suuuuppose to answer the phone! EARTH TO LORI!
Thee other things that topped my morning off so far was my scale. Not good! But when I looked in my journal my last period was Jan 19th:eek: TTOM must be comming. Would explain my recent weight increase and my nasty attitude.
Got off of the TM to check the time (left the TM running) when I got back on, I tripped, fell on the TM, and then rolled off of it! I know this sounds slightly amusing...but I have a nice little burn on my arm from my little slip!

Anywaysss.... lets hope things improve as the day goes on. Just one of those days, I suppose!

I did get a good ab work in and a nice 6 mile run. Haven't eaten yet...to crooked!

Ameila** Glad to hear the scale is working in your favour again! I knew it would!

Andrea** Even if its only 5 walking lunges, it feels like a million! LOL I haven't done those in a while...you just gave me a nice idea!

Gayle** Unplug day sounds awesome! What a great idea! Glad to hear you enjoyed your day with the boys. Reading also makes me very sleepy. Thats why I don't do it! hehe

Shirl** I think we are on week 5, right girls? Although I haven't been truly obeying challenge guidelines so I started my own 6 week challenge, starting yesterday. Im cleaning up my eating a little more and following a new rotation.

Kath** Enjoy your workout today!

O.k girls, I will not return until I am happy again!

Lori:)

I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!! :)

I kicked some serious a$$ in my run. The serious running guys were there and I kept pace with some and wouldn't allow two to pass me--YAY me. I know I lead a very simple life --such small things amuse me :) Worked the abs and shoulders--I don't think Ill be waving much tomorrow-- but I'll be loving the DOMS }(

Lori: Sounds like a manic Monday for you. Hope it gets better.

Gayle: Great idea. I love spending a day reading. Nothing like a good book. I'm currenting into a weight lifting book right now-- has good info.

Shirl: Welcome-- I'm sure anyone can join at any time.

I'm currently in week 7 of my challenge.

Ok time to hit the shower and run a few errands before lunch.

Make it a good one everyone.

Good morning to all.

Well Lori, I'll start off that I think I just took your "bad day" away from you so you should be fine now - I just typed a long post and lost itx(

Hope your day goes better, am sending <<<cheery vibes>>> your way and also some to make the clock at work turn faster:7 Have fun when you get home and don't feed your TM today since it wasn't very nice to you this AM !

Andrea: Please do brag about a good day to us ! Before you know it one good day turns into two and then three and finally you won't want to eat the "bad" foods. Keep up the eating and the good workouts and you will see some great results.

Gayle: What a great idea and "Unplug Day". I would love to see what DH would do on a weekend without the TV or Ebay}( Think some chores may actually get done? Hmmmmmmm. What was your book of the day yesterday? Hope you had a great run. Can't wait to get my "running legs" back and get outside. I do love the TM though with it's preset programs. Next I need to figure out how to work with itrains and join in on the fun.

Amelia: Nice TM run - I bumped my run up last week and have really enjoyed the faster paces. I used to comfortably jog at 5 but the other day 5.5 and 6 weren't bad at all. Please do share how 7 feels:p

Kath: Absolutely love to hear how you "stave" off others from passing you, especially those of the other species who always feel superior.

WELCOME Shirl:D : Gayle "challenged" the board at the end of last year so we began in Jan. Join us now for a jumpstart to the next Challenge. I have a very sneaky feeling we will start again as soon as this 12 weeks is over. It has helped many of us stick with our goals and also helps when we take a step backwards 'cuz the support is tremendous. Gayle's motto at the start was Consistency - that's what we are all aiming for.

Most likely BBL. Have a great day.

Hey girls

Im done with my workout and ive been on the computer for a while now x( some short personals!

Gayle-I love the unplug everthing idea,may have to try that! In the summer time,especially on the weekends,we are outside so everthing is uplugged anyway! Great workout today!

Lori-sorry agian about your accident today,im sure it was scary for a moment!

Kath-great workout today

Jacque-What your workout for today?

Shirl-welcome!:) this is my 6th week in the challenge! so far I have lost 8pds,i follow Body for life! Good luck and i hope to talk to ya soon!

hey to anybody I missed! gotta go!

Good afternoon all!

Today has been decent so far. The boys all had school today so I got my WO and shower done while they were gone. DD enjoyed Sccoby Doo while I did Cardio Kicks for the first time. When I previewed it, I was pretty scared, but it wasn't that bad. I was dripping with sweat when I was done. YAY! Eats have been OK, string cheese before I worked out, wasabi almonds for a snack and then a veggie burger with salsa and cheese for lunch. I also had 2 very yummy dove dark chocolates. It was dark chocolate so that is WAAAAAY better for me than the milk variety. ;) At least that is how I am justifying it to myself!

Kath, just wondering if you did actually smack my DH upside the head? He called last night to see if he could bring dinner home. I reluctantly said yes, thinking there were Skyline Chili Dogs in my future, BUT he brought home a roasted chicken, diced beets, feta and pecans to make a yummy salad, and honeydew melon. He did very good, not a single refined carb in the whole deal!:) Thanks for the whack! }( BTW, WTG on your run!! You rock!!

Lori, sorry to hear about the TM accident. That's awful. I always get nervous when i get on or off of mine when it's going and that is exactly why. I hope you heal quickly!

Amelia, did you make it up to 7.0 on the TM? You are doing awesome so far! I bet this week you will see some huge results!!

Andrea, awesome day!!! Don't you just love that?!?!? It really helps to keep you motivated, doesn't it?

Gayle, WTG on the unplugged day. How did your run go?

Shirl, we would love to have you join us!!! Welcome!!!!

Jacque, I agree, I think we will need another 12 weeks after this one. I am loving the motivation and accountability. It is exactly what I need to keep me focused.

Hello to anyone els who I missed. I hope you all have a great afternoon. We have dance class and BBall tonight and then after that, I get to watch the Biggest Loser. Woo HOO! I am easily amused. :+

See y'all later!

Becca: I'm glad my *smacks* upside the head work. He did very good :) :) BTW enjoy your show. I know how I feel when I'm able to sit and watch a favorite show. I do so love my DVR :) Finding time to sit and watch something is sometimes hard.

How old are your children?

Ok back to laundry I go

Hey Becca, mmmmmm dark chocolate sounds yummy right now:9. I did make it through that 7 on the TM today! I forgot to mention that ealier. I had too pysc myself out though,LOL but I did one minute for my last interval! I was completely out of breath,but I will try to do it from now on!

ok,back to dishes

Quick checkin -

Did Turbo Jam Punch, Kick and Jam this morning skipping the band work and added on 2 hi/lo segments from SJP. Also Tae Kwan Do class tonight. Hope I work up a good sweat.

Sue

Becca: You have your hands full girl :) Thats sweet you adopted a child. I was adopted into a family at birth. I always have such admiration for people who open their hearts to children like that :)

Hey Everyone,
After yesterday and the scale I was going to quit this challenge. I didn't exercise yesterday, but my eating wasn't to bad. Then tonite I did Low Impact Circut cardio blast and I had alot of fun, so I decided to jump back in.

Brkfst.-cereal,grapefruit and toast
AM snack-small hersey dark chocolate bar and banana
Lunch-healthy request chicken noodle soup and apple
PM snack-cheese stick
After work snack-two more hersey dark chocolate bars to get rid of them
Supper-hormel 4min turkey,mashed potatoes, and mixed veggies
Late snack-protein shake

I will stay commited to this challenge tomarrow is upper and lower body and abs. Will probably do upper body and abs in am then walk on TM then do lower body, I don't get as sore this way.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.