***~FRIDAY Melters Feb 15~**

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning all!

Wow, we were a quiet bunch yesterday!

I just got done doing Bootcamp (the original). Bootcamp at 5 a.m. is quite the challenge.

What's everyone up to this weekend? Today would normally be weigh-in, but I have PMS so there's no way in he!! I'm going near the scale.

Robin - how is your knee today? Did it appreciate the rest yesterday?

Tneah - did you weigh yourself on the boat?

Leanne - was yesterday crazy for you?

Shannon - enjoy your extra-long weekend!

Lainie - how are you doing today? Did DH spoil you for V-day?

Deb's back soon! Yay!

Hi to everyone else and I better go shower because I'm sure I don't smell very good:p

Good morning all. I'm still in pain from my tumble down the stairs Wed. night. Isaac is still sick so I'm keeping him home again (poor kid--it's terrible timing because he's off all next week, too). He's so upset that he couldn't take his Valentines to school yesterday.

I think Ewan's o.k. to go to nursery school, though, and after I take him I'm going to try to squeeze in both getting groceries and seeing my doctor about my injuries--just to make sure it's nothing terrible. My biggest concern is the pain radiating from my neck across my collarbone and halfway down my arm. Doesn't seem good. My butt still hurts, too, but it feels more like just bruising, and it's on the side, not the tailbone or anything.

Water heater is still not on--DH is not that handy around the house. He found a "how to" video online so he'll try again when he gets home. I could probably do it myself (I'm actually the one who programs VCRs and that sort of thing) except it hurts to much to lay down on the ground to do it so I really don't want to do it.

Boy, I am a bundle of joy today, aren't I? I'm still a happy person--don't want to seem like a Debbie Downer. Just having a rough patch but life is still good! :)

Shannon, well, I took your advice and didn't work out yesterday. Not sure what I'll do today--see what the doc says first, I guess. Oh, and I did eat a bar of dark chocolate. :D At least that dark stuff is supposed to have lots of antioxidants or something, right?

Robin, that's cute that your DH makes Valentine stuff for your co-workers. Mine is not much for V-day at all.

Shelley, ha ha ha ha ha--ouch--don't make me laugh so much when I'm in pain. DH never spoils me for Valentine's Day. He doesn't do squat for V-day. I've given up trying to change him. It really doesn't bother me because 1) I'm used to it, and 2) he's better on our anniversary--very sweet about that.

I think that catches me up on personals. Boy, we were quiet yesterday, weren't we?

No plans this weekend except to get that water heater back on and try to repair my aching body.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Morning melters.

Shelley, I'm not weighing in this week either. Cake and cookies have been making up the majority of my meals this week. I haven't done BC in a loooong time. I remember Lorrayne telling us about how scared she was making the video - it was her first. My knee had me worried last night, but it seems OK today. I guess I'll just have to keep resting every other day until it's better.

Lainie, actually, I am amazed at how upbeat and cheerful you seem with all your woes. My posts would be very, very whiney. I hope you get hot water and healthy kids soon. And I hope the neck pain is nothing serious.

I just finished my knee work and plan on spending a little time with my ice bag. Then I have to make a cherry pie for DD's boyfriend. His family, DD and DGS are driving down to the coast of NC tonight for a week long visit with him before he heads to Afghanistan. I'm going to try a stationary bike workout later. See you then.

Hi Lainie and Robin!

Boy, Lainie, you sure are having a rough go lately. I think you're wise to check in with the doc on the neck pain. It doesn't sound right. We don't do V-Day at all, and I was laughing at all the guys lined up at the grocery store last night buying flowers and helium balloons:p

Robin - good luck with the bike workout. You just keep an eye on that knee though! I didn't realize BC was Lorrayne's first workout!

Good Morning All!:7

We were quiet yesterday weren't we? My DH came through and bought me this huge arrangement of white calla lilies yesterday for V-day.:) The florist did not have my favorite long stem white roses, but that was okay. He rarely buys me anything or is "mushy" like that, so it was such a nice surprise. I think the guys made him feel guilty, they sent their wives flowers yesterday, so well, you know...but I'll take it! It was very, very sweet.
It was a horrible stormy day yesterday, freezing rain, wind, the works...not fun when you have to walk a dog in it(plus, Georgie had the runs yesterday!) and stay on a boat.x( But this morning, the sun is peeking through and its supposed to be sunny.

I bought a bodyfat/scale, so yes, I will be weighing in this AM after I drink my coffee, talk to you guys, etc...will probably be back immediately to either cry or celebrate!:7 If I don't see results or get some good feedback pretty soon, well, I am losing my mojo here. Its alot of intense exercise and dieting not to see results, but I'm hangin'.

Shelley, I actually really like BC. Don't do it that often for some reason, I think it gets lost in the shuffle with all of Cathe's other workouts! Its a toughie though, have never been able to do the squat thrusts though, my lower back will not allow it. I cannot bend that way or something.

Robin, the cherry pie sounds so good.:9 Have a nice visit with the gang...good girl, you are doing your knee exercises very consistently!

Lainie...you poor thing. You might need your neck adjusted, you probably threw it out of whack with that nasty fall. Seeing a doc is a great idea, just to make sure you didn't really harm something.

Okay kids, off to walk the dog, work out, today is back/abs, and the usual cardio-fest! Thank goodness for my iPhone, my ipod crapped out, I have an appointment with an Apple "genius" (inserts snorting laugh) on Saturday. Actually, I couldn't fix it, so maybe the "genius" can!:) But you can listen to all your stuff on the iphone too, so thats what I have been doing. Think I will put Grace on this AM....BBL

tneah, I thought of you this morning while watching the news. They said there was a SNOW storm in San Diego yesterday. That must have been part of the terrible weather you had. Your flowers sound lovely. DD got roses from her boyfriend. My DH doesn't do flowers at VD, since they are soooo expensive, but he brings home a bouquet 4 or 5 times a years, so I'm not complaining.

OK, I'm headed for a tiny workout on the bike. Later!

Happy Friday, everyone!!

Did everyone have a nice V-Day yesterday? We ended up getting this really unexpected rain storm, and it was really windy and hailing in the afternoon. It was so odd since on Tuesday it was 85 degrees here in San Diego! Last night, DH and I just ended up ordering in pizza and watching some X-Files episodes; we usually do Chinese take-out on V-Day, but didn't want to go back out when I got home since it was so cold and rainy. V-Day is always a tough day for me since my mom's funeral was on V-Day.

Well, I was thinking of not weighing in this morning either like Shelley and Robin, but decided to take the plunge -- and I'm exactly the same as I was last week!! That's actually really good after our weekend in Las Vegas spent pigging out. I also only got three workouts total in last week since we were gone for those few days, and I usually get five days in. Isn't it odd how that can work?! I thought for sure that I would have put on at least one or two pounds. I'm not going to complain!

Today I'm going to start that Tank Top Arms rotation. I was thinking of taking some photos today (UG!) to see if I can track results. I'll keep you all posted on how the rotation goes!

Deb -- We miss you! Are you almost home yet?? How was Mexico this week?

Shelley -- Wow! Bootcamp at 5:00 AM! You rock! I think that that's a smart idea not to weigh in with PMS here; otherwise, you might end up throwing that scale out the window! Did you ever find out why your co-worker was being so nasty?

Robin -- Glad that your knee is doing better today after not feeling well yesterday. Are you making sure not to overdo your workouts?

Lainie -- Oh, you poor thing! What a day from hell yesterday was! I'm glad that you're going to go get checked out after that nasty fall. Are Isaac and Ewan both feeling better? Don't even think about working out until you feel better!

Shannon -- That cookie your mom made sounded so adorable! You HAD to eat it to not disappoint her -- esp. since it even had your name on it! I'm sorry to hear that your boss is making the work environment so negative.

Tneah -- Did you get a new IPod toy? I'm so glad that you found another way to work out since you can't do Cathe right now.
:) It sounds like it doesn't feel that way to you, but you really are making wonderful progress!!! All of that hard work you're doing has to be paying off, and I'm sure that you're building lots of muscle.

Hi to TK, Emily, and anyone else who follows!

Hey. I just had a total breakdown. DH was there to pick up the pieces and thinks I need to "go talk" to someone about my obsessive/compulsive self. I am very self critical, especially since I have gotten older, first its my skin (I am obsessed with it, and do everything in my power to keep it perfect)body comes next...frankly, I was happier about myself when I posted those first pics you all saw. Now? I am a mess guys, I know I have been trying to keep up and prove I can do this and I can, its just messing with my head, something told me not to weigh myself until I got back to Las Vegas and I didn't listen. So...

I weighed myself (forgot to initialize the damn scale before doing by the way like the directions said), and the scale said I gained 4 pounds.
Long story short, I just lost it. I feel stupid because its such a little thing, when there are horrid things happening in the world. Plus around here, Lainie just fell down the stairs, Robin just had surgery, Shelley is dealing with a bipolar not taking her meds, you all have things you are dealing with so gracefully....and I am hysterically crying over 4 pounds. I am just working so hard, and have been so focused to have this happen. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

Hum, maybe there is something to that yoga/centering thing...I really am a mess.;(

Happy Friday, Melty Ones!!

I am at HOME today. Yes, I took a vacation day! It feels sooooo good. And it means I get a four-day weekend. YAHOOO! I didn't get up until nearly 7 a.m. My dog was getting a little antsy by then.

Like Shelley,

I'm another non-weigher today. I did it last week and everything was normal - no melting, no gaining. So I think I'll just skip this week, especially since Mom was baking again. This time a 2-layer chocolate cake. Heart-shaped, of course.

Shelley - I did the original BC too, only not as originally filmed... I did all the cardio on the ellptical, and I replaced the lower body work with four additional upper body exercises and four additional cardio. It was a lot of fun though.

Lanie - I'm glad you took a rest yesterday, and that you're going to see the doctor. Why don't you call a plumber or electrician or whatever to fix the water heater? That way you'll know for sure that it's fixed.

Robin - isn't it just a thrill to discover your limitations? ;) I know your knee will be completely healed soon though.

Leanne - I can't believe it snowed in San Diego! How strange. I think it would be a good idea to take before and after pictures for the tank top rotation. You'll be so proud when you finish!

Tneah - you poor thing. Why don't you just quit right now? You can't go on like this, because you're just hurting yourself. Fitness is supposed to make you happy and healthy. I really want you to enjoy it and not be miserable. You've done an awesome job, and I have no doubt that you have the will power to finish the 12 weeks. But is it really worth it?

*runs in, waves to Shannon on the way by...*

TNEAH - I'm sending huge squeezy hugs your way. I know exactly how you're feeling. I used to have an eating disorder and I have horrendous issues with my self-image. I think Shannon is right. I think you need to stop this madness. You're making yourself crazy and, girl, you looked FABULOSO before you started this ridiculous program of self-flagellation! You don't need to be on such a spartan eating plan and obsessing about every little thing you eat, and let's face it, you're miserable. Is it worth it? And what about at the end of the 12 weeks, when you go back to your normal routine and more moderate eating? You need to *enjoy* your life, darlin'!!! Are you going to do and hour and a half of cardio and eat rice cakes forever? You're a wonderful woman and I hate seeing you beating yourself up like this!

Here's another hug and a vote that you take it easier on yourself, tneah. I wish we could see ourselves through each others eyes. I'm sure we'd love ourselves if we could see what others see. I see a smart, sassy, BEAUTIFUL woman when I see you. Maybe you should call Mr Trainerman and vent. Maybe this isn't the right time for you to be trying this challenge. Whatever you decide, I'm glad to "know" you and support you all the way.

Shannon, have a wonderful loooong weekend.

Leanne, I forgot that you live in SD too. Strange weather!

Shelley, MWAH to you too.

*Waving "hi" to everyone, too!*

Tneah -- Sending you more {{{HUGS}}}!!!! I'm so sorry to hear that this is all taking such a hard toll on you. Like Robin suggested, can you call Mr. Trainerman TODAY and talk to him about these issues? It really does sound like this program is forcing you into obsessing, and you don't want to head down that path back to your old eating disorder!

Do you have access to a counselor out here in San Diego? Maybe you could try to get in to talk to someone who specializes in eating disorders; it sounds like you really do need to talk to a professional who can help you wrestle with these demons before they take over even more! If you need a recommendation, let me know; one of my good friends from work keeps a list of counselors in San Diego so she can refer her students to them.

We're here for you!!!

ETA: I just started reading a book a few days ago called _The Body Myth_ by Margo Maine that is about *women* (not teens) who obsess about their bodies and food. I've only read a few pages of it, but it's already really starting to click with me. I've never suffered from an eating disorder like you, Shelley and Tneah, have, but I've always been obsessive about food/dieting/my body. I hope this helps!!!

Tneah: I wish I had some words of wisdom here but just wanted to let you know that I understand exactly how you feel. I've had those weeks where I did everything by the book and the scale just didn't cooperate. Yeah and I've shed a couple tears over it too. Don't feel bad about that either as I'm sure we're not the only ones who have stressed and cried over the scale!

Knowing what you've written about your diet you *couldn't* have eaten enough to put on 4 pounds just like that. Just something to think about, but if you are salt-sensitive you could be retaining water from just being in the salt air. That happens to me all the time. I've always joked that all I need to do is look at a picture of the ocean and I swell up. Seriously, your recent change in environment could be the culprit here not your diet or exercise regimen.x(

OMG, I've missed a lot. Sorry I've been away for a while...

I just stopped in to give Tneah a big mess o' ((((hugs)))). Sweetie, stop beating yourself up. This is just not worth the pain! Being healthy and fit includes not only physical health, but also emotional and mental health, and clearly this program is not giving you the balance you need. ((((hugs))))

Just wanted to tell you guys how much I care about you even though we have never met face to face.
I really appreciate you all letting me vent and thank you for understanding those body demons. I am not going to make any decisions today about anything.

Thanks Leanne. I probably should seriously consider seeing someone, not sure what they would say, but this is miserable I tell ya. I am naturally a happy type a gal.:)

Emily -- We've missed you! How have you been this week?

Tneah -- Check in and let us know how you're doing! You know that we love you and are here for you!!! {{{HUGS}}}!!!

Whew, what a day. Doctor didn't seem too worried, but wants me to get an X-ray and take it easy in the mean time. I'm worn out today and I
think it'll be another rest day--still having pain in several places.

Tneah, {{{BIG HUGS}}}, chica. I won't tell you how heavy I was when they weighed me at the doctor's office. x( I told myself my shoes were really really heavy or something.... I hope you're feeling better now. Have you talked to the trainer about it? Maybe he'll say, "yeah, that's normal that you'll gain at this point" or something. you never know. Or maybe you should just go back to your usual sensible eating and exercise--you weren't exactly a slacker before.

Leanne, Ewan seems to be better, still a bit snotty. Isaac still had a fever this morning but seems better overall today than yesterday.

Shannon, don't think we need to call a plumber yet. I'm pretty sure we can do it if I can get DH to concentrate and take his time with it. He said he'd try again today when he's not so tired (he got back a bit late last night). I'm also going to call the people who used to live here--we're friends with them and I need to let her know we have some mail for them anyway. I figured I'd just ask her if they had any trouble lighting it before.

OK, why is Ewan not napping!? He didn't nap yesterday, either. Argh! Going to go check on him.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

>Just wanted to tell you guys how much I care about you even
>though we have never met face to face.
>I really appreciate you all letting me vent and thank you for
>understanding those body demons. I am not going to make any
>decisions today about anything.
>
>Thanks Leanne. I probably should seriously consider seeing
>someone, not sure what they would say, but this is miserable I
>tell ya. I am naturally a happy type a gal.:)

Hey again, Tneah! It might be good, though, to have someone to talk to who specializes in these sort of feelings! We want you back to you perky self!! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.