****Xers*** marks the spot!.....Sunday, June 3, 2007

FiddleFit

Cathlete
Good morning! Well will wonders never cease? I'm starting the thread today? Really?? Where is everyone? Still in the middle of your workouts, I imagine. I'm still in the middle of my first cup of coffee.

This is just the starter post for the day. I'll do my real post next.

Question of the Day: Do you speak, read, or understand a second language?

SandraX

Well Sandra! Good morning to you! You're up bright and early, for being on the western side of the country and all. How are you doing?

TracyX - You have the new Squeeze workout, don't you? Is it a keeper, for your style? Do you fix your family breakfast every day? I'm surprised to hear that. Are both of your DS's still living at home? I can't remember how old they are? Still no AC! Yikes! I admire how hard you challenge yourself with weights, day after day. Have you seen FitnessFreak's new June '07 1-part/day workout? Looks intense!!

DebraX - when you do things like ride your bike, what do you do with DD? Does she come with you in one of those pull-along chariots? I know you're really busy for the next while, but are you tempted to do FitnessFreak's new 1-body part/day rotation? I am, but I'm resisting. I need to focus on my goal!!!!! Breathe, focus, breathe, focus....6 year molars?? They get another set at this age? I didn't know that. Both my kids are late teethers, so for DD#1, those will probably be 8 year molars!

Nicole - You hope the fat will melt off?! What fat are you talking about? You already look terrific. The SH series is a unique, effective group of workouts. I highly recommend them. I'll bet your older 2 boys are big help with the 2 year old? I'm finding that, with my girls who are 5 years apart. I'm glad they're so far apart in age, even if we didn't intend for that to happen.

Amy - High five (if you can get your arms up there!) on the 20# bicep curls!!! So, I see you posted under FF's June '07 rotation. Are you thinking of doing it? Your Thursday sounds very enjoyable, even if it wasn't what you'd planned to do. I'm off to take another look at your picture trail...[insert elevator music here]...The daylilies are all very beautiful. One of my favourite flowers is the Stargazer lily. Do your 'day'lilies close up at night? Why did you put white sand on your green grass? I've never seen that done before.

Wendy - PHASE III DAY ONE!!!!! Get out your 50# dbs - you're gonna need 'em! Just do your best and forget the rest!!! Nice shopping you did yesterday. What will you do with the appliances you're currently using? Sell them? Waverly hasn't managed to keep any of her baby teeth? My DD would be beside herself if she lost one! Yes, we collect them (sigh). She always writes a note to the toothfairy, requesting that she be allowed to keep her tooth, please. Your FIL sounds like a gem. All of the things us moms do for the family generally get taken for granted by the family members, but it's nice to know that someone's taking notice.

Yesterday I did get through BootCamp and the KM leg conditioning drills. I enjoy BC, once I get into it. I just can't stand the way she starts off with no stretching, and boom...right into those air jacks. Not good, especially when you're as tired as I was. But I did my best, and can call it done. The really good news is that doing floorwork 2x a week actually makes a difference! The KM drills yesterday were the easiest they've ever felt for me. My legs stayed up higher the whole time. I also don't feel the leg fatigue that I usually get from those. My hips are indeed becoming stronger and more flexible.

Today I'm going to do some Finn yoga. Possibly the Strong, Free & Happy premix, or maybe even the entire 80 minute routine.

I'm supposed to do BM2 tomorrow morning, as Day 1 of Cathe's Feb '08 rotation. The problem is, it's going to be hard to get that whole workout done in the time I have allotted in the morning. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that, yet.

Have a great day,
SandraX

Hello to the rest of the gang!

Hi all,

I had a terrible night sleep up until 1 am when I finally took a Benadryl and some Tylenol. I rode my bike yesterday for 27 miles. I didn't feel that great at the start, I think because I didn't eat enough protien the day before, but once I got going, it was a good ride. It wasn't crowded, probably because it was 90 degrees. I was stiff in both legs from pushing so hard, and I think that is why I just couldn't sleep, plus I drank coffee at 9pm, a big no no for me.

My legs feel OK this morning, so I'm doing legs today and a Shiva Fluid yoga sequence that I like. Probably B&G as produced, but I'm not sure yet.

Zipping consistently has really strengthened my abs. I didn't do any core work this week, (no time in the morning before work)and then did some zipped crunches yesterday and I was able to do 100 just using my abs, which is a big improvement of the 50 -60 I was doing before.

First of all, I like the idea of a question of the day! Maybe we could keep that up?

Question of the day: No I don't speak another language, but I am very good at understanding people who don't speak clearly or have language impairments. I've worked with people with these types of disabilities for years, and it is almost like speaking another language. I would love to learn Spanish, and may eventually take some classes.

I'll be back in a few minutes,

Tracy

Phase 2/ Wk 2/Day 7

Hello Xers! I'm in for quick hi five to all you ladies who post everyday. I just can't seem to fit in.

I am seeing great results in the ab/oblique and legs with the X. I love this workout and Tony is my kind of instructor. I do well with the do it if you can and the teasing kind of way he motivates. It has to be from having 2 older brothers in the house growing up.

Tracy-Bike riding? Oh, I hope I have some time for that this summer. 27 miles is great!

Another language? No, but I would love to learn. Anyone ever used those tapes to learn? I think Spanish would be fun.

Can someone give me a quick abbreviation for zipping? I missed the post way back explaning.

We're going camping for 4 days this week. Starting Wed. I will be taking the bike. Hiking will have to do as a w/o too. I will hitch the DD bike to mine for extra ressitance and strapping on the day pack to increase the level. I will miss Tony. Boo hoo and you girls too.

Any of you Xer's going on the RT? I know- you already answered this but..... It's just 2 months away and I can't wait!

Have a great day and a superb workout. Make it goooorrrgeous!

Off to the lawn and chores. Later- :7

RE: ****Xers*** marks the spot!.....Sunday, June 3, 200...

Hi Swift Amy! So happy to see you!!!! I'll be going on the RT; hopefully as Wendy-X. :7

Sandra-X: Good morning to you!!! No, no, no. My Day One of Phase Three starts tomorrow.

Tracy-X: I hope you are feeling better today. Did you take the Benadryl for allergies? Mine are terrible this time of year.

? of the Day:
My gf and I took 4 years of Spanish in highschool. Cheated our way through. I can barely speak, read or understand any of it. Unfortunately for her, she lived in Panama for a couple of years when her dh was stationed there. She couldn't get a teaching job off base because she didn't know Spanish! LOL Just goes to show we only cheat ourselves when we cheat. That would be the lesson of the day. ;-)

I am SLOWLY learning Thai. I put it on the backburner since starting the X. Yep, that's my excuse. ;-) It's my mother's native tongue. My father spoke it fluently. However, he was of the old school thought and didn't want my sister or I to learn it. He was concerned we would get messed up in school.

I'm also SLOWLY learning Latin with 9 year old. By the time she's in highschool, we'll have covered approximately the equivalent of a college intro course. LOL

While typing, a red cardinal came up to the window next to me. BEAUTIFUL! STUNNING! GORGEOUS! My favorite bird. Whenever I see a red cardinal, think it's going to be a glorious day! I know it's silly.

BBL Going to Home Depot with Phil for more supplies.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Hi there ladies...I ended up bagging the idea of going to the flea market since it it pretty sunny here and I would rather lay around at the pool. DD isn't up yet anyway. You know how those divas need their sleep! I still have some things to do around the house, too. I am planning on doing yoga or pilates and SH chest.

? of the day
I took 5 years of French which is only helpful now when I do crossword puzzles. I also took Russian last year for a few months...and I can still only say "please" and "thank you" but I did learn the Russian alphabet which is no small task...so now I can read simple signs, etc.

Sandra...Usually I lock DD up in the attic whenever I bike ride...No, just kidding! I ride while she is in school..She's not done until the end of this week. I also have a treadmill, so I can do that while she is home. Although she always comes down to talk to me when I am on the treadmill, with my MP3 player on and I can't hear anything she says. Yes, 6 year molars...I didn't know about them either until we went to the dentist the last time and he said hers were mostly in...so I look in her mouth and sure enough! New teeth! I honestly haven't looked at fitnessfreak's new rotations...although they are usually good. If I survive the next month, I will start thinking about what to do next...but it will probably a one body part per day rotation. While unpacking and setting up the new house I will be doing more total body weight routines just to save on time and hopefully maintain what I have already done. You must FOCUS on your goal!!!!!! Do NOT be tempted to sway from your set course!

Tracy...Sorry you had sleep issues last night. I take tylenol's simply sleep when I have problems...They say it is not habit forming and it really does help me relax enough to fall asleep. Glad you had a good ride yesterday. I will be zipping like mad at the pool today!

Swifty...Glad to see you are still around and Xing away. Have fun camping...and of course on the road trip. I'm jealous! (Of the RT, not the camping!)

Wendy...Hope you are having fun at the HD. My mom has a bird feeder on her back porch and she gets cardinals all the time. She even has this one male who has something wrong with his head...it's shaped funny...and she was all worried that he wouldn't find a mate since he has this little issue...but the other day she saw him with his "wife" and baby daughter and she was very excited.

Okay...I'm headed up to do a little shaving so I don't look like a beast at the pool...See you later this afternoon!!

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Hi all,

I’m glad to see that there are a few of us around this weekend.

Sandra – I just looked at FF June 07 rotation. It does look appealing, but PS is probably one of the only ones I don’t have. I just don’t like the one body part per day thing. I can do a 2 day split, but that’s about it. I’m still considering S&H on a two day split for 3 weeks, maybe. I still cannot do deadlifts or anything that requires being bent over at the waist and using both arms, so that might require too much modification. I don’t have the new Squeeze. I keep reading about it, but it just doesn’t seem like my style. Honestly, I’m tired of wasting $$ on stuff I don’t use. I think that’s why I like Cathe so much. I always use her stuff and keep coming back to it. I only fix breakfast on the weekends; usually waffles or pancakes. Both DS are at home. Older DS is in community college and younger DS graduates from HS on the 13th, I hope.

Debra – Have fun at the pool. It is finally raining here. We haven’t had any rain in about 3 weeks. How many weeks did you do S&H for?

Wendy - I took the Bendryl to sleep. It works every time. I don’t have allergies, but both DS, and Dh do. They have been particularly bad this year. The pollen is horrible.

Amy – Zipping is from pilates and it’s a way to engage the rectus abdominus (sp?). It has really helped me to support my back.

Nicole- I'm not sure how you are planning your travel for your trip, but we found that if you do something fun in the morning to early afternoon, then travel later in the day it works best for us. We tried several times getting up early and driving 2-300 miles, but I honestly think more of the day is wasted. We now get up hike for several hours, then once everyone is tired, move on to the next place. We saw and did a lot more that way. We went to Montana when the kids were just a little younger than yours and the 2-300 miles between destinations was a nightmare. Once kids have seen one mountain, they've seen them all.

Hi to all who follow,

Tracy

Hi everyone,

I slept in this morning and will probably be doing S&H biceps, with some abs and maybe a short step section Tracey Staehle or Christi Taylor. Have some housework and yardwork today. Hopefully, when DH comes home from work, we can take the girls and head to the woods. I also need to transfer that wine today. Just remembered, I need to get out a newsletter for the bike club. Too much to do today.

Yesterday's bike ride was 88 miles with a friend that is looking to do her first century ride (100 miles) 2 weeks from now. Her longest ride had been 60 some miles so now she should be good to go for the 100. She's not a fast rider so it gave me lots of seat time and I was squirming a bit by the end. It definitely takes more thought for me to ride slower. I feel like I'm barely moving my legs. She's the kind of gal that could eventually be a pretty good rider if she'd concentrate on the bike more, she likes to do lots of other things like golf, ski, running, which is A-OK too. It's all good... I will stick with her for her century ride. I'm sure someone else did that for me for my first and I'd like to pass that along to someone else.

Need to start my workout and then I'll be back with some personals.

Jeanette

Back again...Doesn't look like we'll get to the the pool today as some thunderstorms are rolling in....just as well, though, I already got some stuff done around the house.

Tracy...I am finishing up my 4th week of SH...I certainly could have stopped last week, but I was trying to bridge the time until moving.

Jeanette...Glad you had a nice ride yesterday. Have fun with the girls out in the woods this afternoon. Is it time to taste the wine yet, or are you just moving it to age it some more?

Okay...gotta check the laundry...and DD is begging to get on the computer.

Debra

we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

0101_10009001662.gif

Back again...Doesn't look like we'll get to the the pool today as some thunderstorms are rolling in....just as well, though, I already got some stuff done around the house.

Tracy...I am finishing up my 4th week of SH...I certainly could have stopped last week, but I was trying to bridge the time until moving.

Jeanette...Glad you had a nice ride yesterday. Have fun with the girls out in the woods this afternoon. Is it time to taste the wine yet, or are you just moving it to age it some more?

Okay...gotta check the laundry...and DD is begging to get on the computer.

Debra

we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

0101_10009001662.gif

Just sitting here before going out to do some yardwork.

Finished racking the wine and syphoned off a glass for myself to try. Hmmmm...not bad. Will take it over to Mom's this week and then we'll bottle.

Kind of a funny workout for myself this morning. Did S&H Biceps, switched to Tracey Staehle's Core Conditioning. Got done with a couple exercises and then the phone rang. My sister that lives out of town, so chatted with her a while. My ab motivation was gone so put in Christi Taylor's Solid Gold Step to learn. Only did that about 20 minutes but think I will like it. Just have too much to do to concentrate on working out this morning. Plus, I think my body needs the rest today. Looking forward to going out to the woods tonite.

Back to the wine... yum. Just sampling it, you know?

Jeanette :7

BBL

Recovery Day

Well, it's Sunday again and I'm taking my weekly break from exercise and calorie counting. I had half a mind to be good today in preperation for vacation but there was a picnic at church today since it is the end of the school year. I made oatmeal cake. For those of you thinking that sounds healthy, you're wrong:) It has two sticks of butter and 2 cups of sugar, but oh, it's yummy:9 TGIS :)

SandraX, Way to go starting the thread. I haven't done that yet because TraciX usually beats me to it:) Yes, my boys help me a lot with Wes. He's quite a handful but they let me know if he's getting into trouble. I love BM2 as produced and you're making want to do it, stop it:) I have 6 more weeks then I'm diving into Cathe head first. S&H is on my list of purchases to make thanks to you and Debra:) In response to your question of the day, nope, just English. I wish I knew a bit more Spanish because I live 35 minutes from the border and so many people here are Mexican.

Wendy, I have been very purposeful with my vacation planning. All of the hotels have gyms except one. The good thing is, there is a gym 1 block away and it costs $15 for a 3-day pass. I had to decide between a hotel with a swirly water slide and one with a gym, I chose the one with the gym. Aren't I a mean mommy?:) Anyway, we'll be gone for 8 days so I won't be able to post from the 8th-16th:( I hope nobody forgets me. O.k., the bad thing is, I don't even polish my nails. I keep them clean and filed but I feel like the cobbler whose children have no shoes:)

Debra, I'm starting to feel the same way about my back that you do about your tummy. It hurts all the time now. What a nightmare. I'm too young to have such misery. I figure by the time I'm 75 I'll be falling apart at the rate I'm going:) S&H too, I'm going to be broke:) The upside of having Cathe DVD's over others, is that if I needed money, I could list them on Ebay and get what I paid for them. That's just what I tell my DH so I can buy more!LOL! I'm jealous, I want to go to the pool too:) Have fun making the other mom's envious:):) O.k., now you're not going to the pool, maybe tomorrow.

Tracy, I know how it is to get a bad night's sleep, it really throws you off. I hope you are getting through the day o.k. Did you get your yoga in? That should make you feel better and get you ready for a nap:) Thanks for the travel tips. I have back-up plans in place for weather problems but the only back-ups I have for the kids are DVD's:) I pray everything goes well.

Amy(Swifty), Glad to see your post. I think you, Laurie and I are the only one's left doing the X full time. You're only 1 week behind me. We're almost done:)

Jeanette, I just admire your determination and stamina. I could never ride for 1 mile let alone 88 or 100:) My butt would be soooo sore!LOL! A break? Gee, you think:) I think you are so used to going long distances on your bike that you don't realize how much work that sounds like to those of us who don't ride. I hope you're napping!

Traci-X, Hope you are having fun at the bay!!!! Miss you:)

Amy, Hope you're day is going well.

Hi Laurie, Cheryl and everyone else!

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Hi all,

I ended up doing 20 minutes of kickbox and then legs and glutes, followed by 70 minutes of fluid yoga, which I just love.

Jeanette - I think when the motivation is really lacking it is a sign to take a break. Sounds like you are having fun getting the wine moved. I hope you are enjoying the walk with the dogs.

Nicole - The good thing for me about traveling is that I don't snack. I almost always drop a couple of pounds because I use hotel machines and that seems to be a shock for me. We'll be waiting for you when you come back. Some hotels even have free computers to use. I saw S&H on Amazon a while back. I think I'll check now. I have it on video, but would love to have the dvd. Maybe Cathe will give the free shipping on an old dvd if you buy the presale, if one happens.

Traci - I guess you'll be back tomorrow. I borrowed some horse clippers from my Mom and shaved one of my Sheppards. He doesn't even look like the same dog, but he's not panting all of the time now.

I hope everyone had an enjoyable day.

Tracy

Hello ladies!!! It feels like it's been forever since I checked in. We are in the new house now. Things are so insane right now between the new house and the new job. I LOVE my new job. It's such a nice change from my old one. The house is coming along as far as getting settled. We are having a pool put in, so they should start that in the next couple weeks.
I managed to keep up really well the my X workouts until about a week ago. I have kind of strayed this week and been doing a combination of gym workouts and Cathe. I can't use my pull up bar in the new house (the one I have damaged the door jam of the door in the apartment, so I am not going to risk doing it to one of the doors here), so it makes doing some of the workouts tough. I went to my first spin class on Saturday and all I have to say is.... I'm hooked!!! I LOVED it and plan to make it an every Saturday workout. Then today I did Gym Style Legs. I forgot how brutal that workout can be. I was a little surprised at my fatigue level early on during the squats. I blame that partially on the spin class the day before.:p
Anyway, I feel bad that I've gotten off track with my X, but I'm happy that I'm at least still working out. Does this mean I won't graduate?:-(
You ladies all seem to be doing well. As I said before, I will try to check in when I can. I wish it were more often, but I am forbidden to post on message boards at my new job, so I probably won't be on as much.

Take care ladies... and keep pumping!!!

Katie

Hi, everyone! I'm checking in late from the airport in Atlanta - on my way to Boston and got caught in a flight delay. Aagh!

Great workout today - CTX UB Split plus abs and 30 min of cardio from MIC.

I brought all the X DVDs with me on this trip. We'll see what I can manage since I won't be back home again until Wed night.

Nicole, enjoy that rest day!

Katie, welcome back!

Sandra, love that question of the day - I took 4 years of Spanish in college. I can speak it a little.

Have a great night!
Cheryl

Hi again,

Hoping to work a little on the newsletter tonite so will keep this short. Did some yardwork today (mowing) and then DH came home and we took the Jeep and the dogs out to the woods. DH drove down a 4WD trail to the river where I set up my chair, laid out a blanket, read portions a tiling do it yourself book and perused the Collage catalog. Also relaxed next to DH in the shade, dozing a bit. It was nice.

Sandra, I took Spanish in jr. high a high school but don't remember a whole lot. Got into the tenses (preterit, imperfect). Heard someone say once was that Spanish starts out easy and gets harder, while French starts out harder and gets easier. Not sure if this is true or not. You have so much motivation and creativity with your workouts. Kick Max, now it's been ages since I've even touched that one. I looked at Cathe's rotation, looks good. I'll do S&H for at least another week, then maybe switch to a hi rep/low weight one that worked well for me recently. Maybe you shouldn't look for Dove dark chocolate at the store. Actually, I never buy it. It is always in my boss's secretaries candy dish. I used to eat the Kashi cereals, but about 1:00 every single day, my stomach would be so distended and painful with gas. I kept thinking it was dairy, fruit, anything but the cereal, but the moment I quit eating it, the gasiness left. LOL re: your dancing little one! Sounds pretty funny!

Tracy, sorry you had a bad time sleeping last night. The coffee would have kept me up too. Bet there are less people riding in the 90 degree weather. Do you ride a bike path? Our time out with the dogs was so wonderful. We sure do love those pups. They are always so excited in the Jeep driving to the woods. They know the difference of when we're just going to the store, no excitement. Start to head out of town and Tillie starts talking, sounds like a guinea pig. You are so right about the motivation lacking and taking a break. That was today's very amended workout. That's right, Tone is from Bryan Kest.

Swifty, glad you are getting good results. Seems like most everyone's abs change for the good. Reminds me that I should drag out AbX sometime soon. Have a good time camping. I love to camp. Reminds me that I need to clean the trailer from the Memorial Day trip.

Wendy, you are learning Thai? You never cease to amaze me with all you do. Thai, Latin, solving the middle east crisis, creating fabulous CC? What don't you do? I wish I had a good place for a bird feeder. I'm afraid the cats would get them.

Debra, did you get your shaving session in? LOL about the funny shaped cardinal head. He still caught a lady though! Hope you had fun at the pool. Zip, zip, zip! I transferred the wine, leaving behind the sediment on the bottom. It's pretty clear now. I'll take the whole big container to my Mom's and she'll get the 30 bottles cleaned and ready. I don't think it'll make 30 but somewhere around there. I tried it and it's okay. Nothing great but maybe it will age better. Have you looked at Squeeze yet? Maybe I'll get that one out tomorrow for a leg workout. Tillie isn't skittish at all with her one eye. There is absolutely no difference that I can tell. My DS calls her a little turd, but very affectionately.

Nicole, I think I have that oatmeal cake recipe. Does it have the broiled coconut/nut frosting? It makes an awesome MOIST cake! Always a hit and easy to make. I think any of the ladies on this thread could ride a century within maybe 6 months of starting to ride. It's really not that tough if you pace yourself and get the right saddle and put in the saddle time. A marathon would be a much harder feat than a century, so I'm told and I believe it. I think I was tired today from the ride yesterday. As I get older, I need a little more time to recover. To be expected I suppose. Enjoy your Recovery Week!! Woohoo!!

Katie, nice to hear from you. Glad things are going well in your life. Way to go on keeping up with P90X! Glad you like the spin class. I've never taken one, but I've done Spinervals in a group situation.

Cheryl, good workout combo for you. Are you still doing the X? Wow, 10 1/2 miles and a better time! You go girl!!! I think I'd rather cycle 100 miles than run 10 1/2. Running is much tougher and my hips and knees hurt when I do it.

Amy, didn't hear from you today. Hope all is well. I too wondered about the sand on the grass. Sounds like you had a wonderful day with your DH. Biceps, oooh, mine were burning this morning with S&H. Way to go on the 20#ers!!! You're rockin'!!!

Wendy, supervision is tough, isn't it? If I start supervising my DH, he will quit for sure, at least he's always threatening to. I'm still a little ticked at him for not covering up my new leather furniture when he was removing the rock. I just got the dust all cleaned up yesterday. Sounds like you did well at Lowes and Home Depot. I called my sister today and she's going to come over soon to help me design the tiled area where the woodstove will sit. I'm looking forward to it, just need someone to hold my hand. I didn't PM you, I used the email address from when you sent me the cheesecake recipe. Sorry it didn't go thru. LOL re: Procrastinator! I am the world's worst at some things, other things I get started on WAAYYY in advance, like planning the family Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners (do you see a theme here?) I'm in full agreement with getting someone else to remodel the kitchen when it comes time. I still want to be married. 7 month renovation project? Did you still have a sink to wash dishes in? That's the part that would bother me I think, not having running water in a kitchen under construction. Tillie is doing so well. I need to take a picture of her and post it. Guess they really do live in the moment.

Better start the newsletter now, see you all in the morning.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.