****Winging It, Wednesday Watercoolers****

Good morning all! Hope everyone is doing well. Nothing exciting to report here...just errands to run and I am going to the doctor today...although, I think he is a bit of a quack....We'll see if he has any bright ideas about my headaches. Don't know what workout I will do today...I will see how I feel this afternoon when I get to it.

Kim...
I tried the link, but it said the bib # as invalid...Am I stupid?

Jeanette...
Sorry about losing the post...You guys really do live in the boonies!

Sandra...
LOL about Patricia's coworkers eating Laurie's deer!

Patricia....
Hope is warmer for you today.

Okay...must run and get up the diva and take her to school. I can't believe school is done on Friday...and I will have a house full of little divas running around all day and night!

bbl
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Morning ladies, have Imax2 or something like that on tap for this morning.

Patricia, hoping it will be warmer for you today. I get irritated when the weather changes to warm and then goes back to being cold again. I'm with you on the electric coffee pot for camping. I never could get my little pot to perc right, or it had grounds in the coffee. I also have one that looks like an electric one that sits on a propane burner. However, you have to turn off the heat to it as soon as it's done brewing. Electric just works so much better. Somehow I don't think Lewis and Clark did it that way. I get Burn It Up confused with Firm It Up, or Tone It Up. They all seemed the same after a while. Effective, though, for me. Just booooring.

Laurie, bummer about hitting the deer. My lousy 2 little shopping cart dings in the passenger door of the Jeep were $1034. $500 I have to pay myself. Will take it in next Monday to be repaired. Was your DH sorry he couldn't go camping? Is your boss going thru a divorce? Does that affect you at work? Wish I could say the sauna would be nice, but I don't like to be too warm. Don't even like a hot tub for very long.

Debra, hope the doc can help with the headache. No more problems with the fatigue? Wonder what had caused that. I don't seem to hear mention of as many naps. The endurance doesn't always cross over to another sport. My legs are pretty trained for cycling endurance but not for step or other things. I just was surprised how winded I got doing Bootcamp yesterday. I did modify a lot of the jumps. Just don't like the impact. Oh my, about the dream of spraying hairspray on your DD!!! Where do we come up with this bizarre stuff?

Wendy, I'd love it if you'd join me with a circuit rotation. It'll be a step thing today, something with a few intervals thrown in. Re: the lady posting about her cheating DH, why do these ladies think they can start a post about it, but never clue us in again on what's happening? I hear you on teenagers not seeming to care at all about revealing their fat for everyone to see. In some ways, I admire that they feel secure enough in themselves not to hide behind it.

Kim, good pictures, but I couldn't see you very well. Looked COLD!!!

Sandra, hey, Monday's are my rest day now too! I love taking a rest day anymore. Problem is, I want to take more and more of them!! LOL!

Well, best post this before some power outage happens again. I couldn't believe that happened right before I posted and then I couldn't find my post anywheres. Did play solitaire on my laptop with DH watching and helping. Maybe I'll teach him how to use the mouse and play. Then again, I want this laptop to myself, all the time.

Jeanette

Okay, I'm back. I did Imax2, yes sirree, the whole thing and I was surprised that my endurance was okay. No problem making it thru. I think I just get so mentally bored and don't like the longer workouts. I need to go to the bank after work, then I'd like to hit some balls at the driving range and play 9 holes as Monday was my golf day and we were gone camping. Wonder if I could get away with it today? I promise I'll do the dishes when I get back. I'm such a bad grasshopper... Of course those lawns still haven't been mowed either.

Debra, let us know what the doc says. Give Julia a hug for me too!

Must run, where is everyone?

Jeanette

Morning Coolers,

Todays workout was a 4m Interval Run and BBC Fat Blaster Upper Body. Want to try one of the BBC advanced upper body and ab workouts after work.

Dropped my car off at the auto body shop, and since this was "an act of God" it is covered under our comprehensive. So that means I will only pay $100 out of pocket! :D They even covered the rental, so I am driving a Toyota Corolla to work.

I didn't do a workout yesterday, because I had a volleyball game last night. Which we had to forfeit in the end, because my DB was at his DD's soccer game on the north side of Milwaukee. No way could he get to our game in time. We ended up playing some games with the other team. It was so cold I was wearing a long sleeve shirt/sweat shirt with hood and kept my shoes on (which is hard to walk in the sand with). I don't know how much longer I can play VB, because my knees really hurt afterwards. Hopefully it was just wearing the shoes while playing.

Debra, Hope that doc can help you with the headache! That can't be fun to deal with. I have to agree with you on the OD threads. Those are some emotional issues that I don't think people on a discussion board are equiped to help with. But then we need a little soap opera type stuff on here every now and then. Just as long as it isn't me that is the soap! ;-) You know it didn't even bother me to kill that deer. Guess I was to mad to be upset for the deer. :7 :7

Jeanette, That is a lot of $ for door dings. We are suppose to know the estimate this afternoon. I don't think my DH really missed the camping. He kept himself busy, but he was working on his outfit. :7 :7 Probably would be good to finish his outfit too. :7 Yes my boss is going through a divorce, and his mood changes when something happens. I think that he has ADD too, because he has so much energy and his organization is very very bad. His cube is like a mine field, he puts things on the floor. I have actually triped on folders that he has lying on the floor.

Patricia, Yep I think your DH must have Finn in him. :D The reason my DB went with wood is that it heats gradually, so the kids go in while it is heating up. The adults that like the heat go in when the water is boiling. :D WTG on keeping away from the donuts, isn't that just a Friday thing for you? ;-)

Wendy, Last night I wasn't to HOT! :7 :7 You would have had a hard time warming up those popcicles you call hands. :7 :7 :7 So it might be a Tony rotation after all! Sounds good, when is your Eion workshop? I want to try some of these BBC workouts then go to P90X+. Still need to have DH install my pull-up bar. Will badger him about that tonight. :D

Kim, Dang that race looks like it was cold! ;-) At least you got in one of the pics. :D

Sandra, LOL about bringing the deer home for dinner. I suppose I could have. The police will give you a deer tag, but I'm not a fan of venison. Just to gamie for me. Plus I hit it right on it's side, and I don't think that helps the meat at all. Maybe Patricia's people would have liked it though! :7 :7 The insurance adjuster looked at the car this morning, and saw the deer poo on it (I kept that on as evidence that I had hit a deer) and he said "Yes you really hit bambi good" }( . :7 :7 Have fun with Dreya today!!!! Can you say show-off on her part in this one! Give me an extra Dreya roll, the way Dreya does it!!! :7 :7

Have a great day!

Laurie

Just popping in to say a big HELLO. First break I've had this a.m. Barely have had time to breathe.

Anyhow, just about finished an early lunch b/4 I leave to donate blood, then a meeting as soon as I get back.

So a pretty rushed day so far. At least the sun is out and no snow this a.m.!

BBL

Just wanted to let you all know that the doc prescribed some meds for me...I still have the headache, but now I am drunk as he!!...WTF????

I will be back in a bit for personals...I must vacuum, and since I am already stoned, it seems like a good idea. I also think I will spend a little time with Eoin...Don't feel much like jumping around with Cathe, but I could go for Eoin's warm set of hands on my back ribs!

See you soon if I don't pass out!
Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi Ladies,

I'm here. Just cramming as much school into our dwindling school year before evaluations and testings in a couple of weeks. We're headed out the door for dinner. I'll catch up with ya'll late tonight.

Debra: What did the doctor say was your problem? Okay! I know that's a loaded question:7... What did the doctor say is contributing to your headaches? Okay, again let me rephrase?:7 What;s the medical diagnosis?:7

Ballistic Hugs,
Wendy

Back for a chat...I did the Sunset Session with Eoin and I feel lovely! Gotta love drugs and yoga! I am pretty caught up with errands and housework...I think. I must be ready for 7 divas on Friday! I will prevail!

okay....personals....

Wendy...
My quack of a doctor gave me no diagnosis. He gave me drugs enough to make an elephant pass out and told me to call him in a week if the headaches don't stop. I can't feel my toes much less my head! I have another gyno appt. in a couple of weeks, so if I am still having problems I will talk to her then. Remind me to tell you about the fundamentalists and their lack of homeschooling when I see you in a few weeks. It's too long to type.

Jeanette...
See! I TOLD you your endurance was better than you thought! I think BootCamp is one of her toughest ones...I can never do it without a few modifications. Good for you for having a fun session with Cathe today...even if you got a little bored. I still take a few naps...but usually only 30 minutes or so...not the long ones I needed before. Don't let DH get a hold of that computer...you may never get it back...LOL! Hope you have fun this evening with your activities of choice, little grasshopper!

Patricia....
Sounds like you have had a busy day at work...Hope things are well in your world.

Laurie...
Glad that your out of pocket for the accident isn't too much....Who knew that running deer were an 'act of God'...I think a lot of things could possibly come under that description...What about other accidents?? Doesn't God have a hand in those too???? LOL! I actually posted on OD today...but about a fitness related question...I try to stay away from being anyone's guidance counselor. I barely have my own life together, for goodness sakes! Darn the knees and the VB! I assume you are planning on playing through this year unless you have some specific injury. It su**s to get old...Things start falling apart all over the place!

I think that catches me up for now...If you don't see me around tomorrow, send out a search party to make sure that I haven't keeled over from some sort of drug overdose! I will say that I got a burst of energy before and got the whole house dusted and vacuumed!! And the Diva's room clean...plus a load of laundry on...Maybe this drug thing isn't so bad after all...although I am having a problem keeping my head up right now. I have to wait until I get the Diva into bed before I pass out...lol.

Hope everyone has a great evening!
Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

I didn't realize that I hadn't caught up on personals since the weekend so time to do that!

Wendy I do get a runner's high! The first mile is always hard and then it starts to feel good. I don't think I could run as my only cardio all year long though, enough is enough. It's good for variety. I don't have too worry about taxes or not on the million dollar home since I didn't win it. ;( It did go to a single parent dad with three boys who youngest son was ill and had good care at our Children's Hospital so decided to support the hospital and buy a ticket. They live in a 800 sq foot house and won a 4,000sq foot home so sounds like it went to a well deserving receipient.

Patricia How is Barbara Walter's book? Is it worth reading?? Are the auditors gone? We're having lovely warm weather here, I even got a touch of a sunburn sitting outside at lunch time, I'll send it your way next. For the race, we each ran a seperate half but the first person joins the second person to run through the finish line. I have to tease her about hogging all the pics. She is great fun to run with as she has a great sense of humour. Our next race, the half we can run together the whole distance.

Debra- My goodness, what kind of pills did that dr give you?? Did he do any testing?? You didn't miss anything not seeing the pics, there is only half of a pic of me but lots of my teammate.

Sandra That's neat that your instructor know who Cathe and Amy are! Are you nervous about teaching? Enjoy your recovery week!

Jeanette So glad that you had a good weekend with lots of relaxation!

Laurie Oh no on the poor deer! Glad that no one inside the car was hurt. Is your knee pain a reoccurring pain?

Hmm, exercise wise, I did CC#5 on Monday, Supersets yesterday and today was supposed to be a run but I am just tired so it's a rest day.

Kim

Hi ladies,
Today I played golf (9 holes) after work. I did fairly well. When I say that, I mean I am hitting it more consistently into the air and on the better part of the club (sweet spot). Would have been more fun to play with someone though. Tony, the prison priest, fell about a month ago, and broke his little finger on his right hand. I believe he fell on a sprinkler in his yard. He now has to have surgery on it to repair it so will still be out of commission for playing golf for a while longer. I know he's itching to play too. Tsk, tsk. I should tease him next time I see him about drinking too much of the sacramental wine and falling down. Did get the dishes done when I got home, also made cookies for a get together at work for a woman that is retiring.

Patricia, we have a lot in common I'm finding out, but not when it comes to giving blood. I would love to give, but whenever they find a vein and if they are lucky enough to penetrate it, it collapses or rolls or whatever. Never a pleasant experience for me. Glad you could contribute though.

Laurie, wish the shopping cart dings on my car had been an "act of God". Guess I don't have that option. Your boss sounds like a trip to be around. I think I have ADD sometimes too. I used to have a really boring job where all I did was input work orders all day long. I was always looking for a distraction. Good effect, deer poo. Who could contest that? Venison can be pretty gamey, but I have had it a couple times where it was so mild you would never know it was venison. Must be what they are eating. Darn your knees. I rode in the rain yesterday and could tell that if I had kept it up a lot longer, my knees would have been a little ouchy. How do you like the Toyota? I'm loving my little Honda.

Debra, what did the doctor think was causing the headache? Maybe he's just wanting some kind of relief for you, to stop the cycle of hurting for a bit? I don't know about Bootcamp being the toughest, but I can tell you that my cheeks (and you know what cheeks I'm talking about) are sore, sore, sore still. It felt good to walk during my golfing venture today. You are sooo right. I'm not letting DH have this computer for any games. He can just get out a deck of regular playing cards if he wants to play solitaire.

Wendy, sounds like you are really busy with school. Think my sister has another week with my niece's schooling too.

Kim, I don't think I ever had any kind of runners high, but I really haven't given it enough of a chance yet. The times I ran, I probably tried to increase my speed and distance too soon and then my knees, hips, ankles hurt. Glad you enjoy it though.

Okay, gotta run, see you all in the morning. I have a hair appointment after work and am really, really needing it. I look like an old hag when I see myself in the mirror at work. It has bad light in the bathroom there and I'm noticing tons of wrinkles around my eyes. Anyone have a suggestion for something that helps with wrinkles?

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.