****Watercooler*** Thankful Thursday

aschendell

Cathlete
HI all...Just starting us off....Just thinking of Jeanette this morning...and how thankful we should all be for our loving friends and family...even our online ones!! Back in a minute...

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Morning Coolers

Hope everyone's day starts out well. Seem tired today for some reason. Will need an extra cuppa to get me going.

Last night was the 1st night I didn't wear my eye shields. Hurrah:p Had no impulse to rub the sleep out so I don't think I'll continue wearing them.

Trying to decide what to do this weekend. DH is going to the cottage to work on it so just me and DS. Might go visit the parents. It's about a 3 hour drive away but also have to pack toys and stuff but usually worth the extra hassel.

I have baseball practice tonight. Since I'm new to the area it will be all new people I've never met. The last time I joined a new team the Manager indicated to me I was "trying-out" which was so funny as I'm definetly someone that you want on your team when it comes to BB. (It kinda got my back up). So I'm wondering what this manager will be like tonight.

S/B back later to chat.

Debra, you are so right. Jeanette has been on my mind all night long. I opened up another window using your picturetrail link. I had to take a peek at our retreat pictures again. Jeanette is so photogenic!!! I am so blessed to have gotten to know you guys. I was telling Jenn yesterday how I felt about you all; how we've been through so much since I first joined the check-in. Remember my story about the boy from the ghetto who used to pull me along on the mile run so I could get a faster time in 5th grade in exchange for my lunch. I told Jenn, ya'll were like my homeboys, errr, homegirls pulling me along to finish the X.:7 Yeah, Lindy must be around the corner! I'm feeling a bit emotional. ;)

Patricia: Have fun at baseball practice tonight. It's always worth the hassle to visit family. That's why we're hardly home on the weekends.

Okay ladies, opening another post for catch up personals.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!!!
Wendy

Morning Coolers,

Todays workout was 4DS Lower Body Weights and CTX KB.

DH made it home safe and sound, but still coughing and sniffing. x( It takes such a long time for hime to get over a cold. He has had pneumonia in the past, and I think that is why colds are harder on him.

Debra, Yes I was thinking about Jeanette also. You are right, it is a blessing to have family and friends around. My advice for the neighbors is STOP being such a good cook, then they won't stay to eat. :7 :7 :7 I would like to know how that Patricia Moreno workout is. I have been putting that one in and out of my shopping cart at Amazon. I too have been wondering how Nicole is.

Patricia, I had to LOL about the manager thing. I have had that for softball too. What! you don't want someone on your team that can hit home runs. :7 :7 Hope you have a great time with BB practice tonight. My parents are a 6 hour drive, so we don't get to see them as much as I would like. Now DH's family is only about 30 min. away, and we only see each other on holidays and special occasions. If my parents where that close I would be visiting them all the time. :D If you can't use your rope in the house, then if you can detach the handles, you can use an imaginary rope. Or just pretend you have a rope in your hands. It ends up being a good workout too.

Wendy, DH actually got some of the things done on my list. :D I was happy to see one of the things done before I even got home, and the other was accomplished after a catch up and BIG hug from him. :7 He was able to spend a little time at Disney, and picked me up a pin of Malificent. He said that they didn't have to many things that where related to the Disney villians. :( Oh well! I don't need anything fancy for my CC's, adding yoga downloads would be a great idea too. :D It would probably be good for the Cathe downloads too. I get an MP3 or an I-Pod and only have exercise related things on it. LOL

Sandra, Sorry to hear that you have got a cold, just glad it isn't a bad one. Now I know what I will be doing after the Barry workouts, P90X+ will be a fun thing to do before the STS arrive. Will have to see how I can incorporate these around my running. Yes DH has been away from home more than is usual. He will not be traveling that much anymore. The only time he goes out of town it for the Vegas trip, and sometimes to look at equipment.

Jeanette, {{{HUGS}}} go out to you for your family.

Kim, I have yet to post picks of myself. That is something that has been on my list of things to do for a looooong time. :7 :7 I have been thinking of doing that, but need some help from DH with downloading the camera into the computer. Since we got the new computer, I don't think he has even done that. Yes the house does smell good, after being closed up all winter.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good morning,

Jeanette....If you're lurking, know that I'm thinking about you and Grandma. I hope there is peace.

Debra....It's been a long minute! Where'd you go? That was funny about Diva catching CBL in bed with you! At least things weren't 'happening' at the time ;) I'm scratching my head about the intrusive dippy neighbour. So, you want her older daughter to come over, but not her and her other daughter? Tricky situation. You have tons of new workouts! I love XDH's credit card!!! The dissertation is still in the slow cooker. The defence won't be this spring; next fall if all keeps going at this pace. But oh well.

Patricia....Wow, it sounds like the surgery was a success! You like playing baseball? OMG, yes, getting an eye infection from DS at this point would have been tragic. I'm glad you avoided that! About your skip-rope question. There was a thread on OD a few weeks ago about these devices that are skip-ropes without the rope. You hold two handles that have some digitalized sensors in them, and they allow you to simulate skipping without having to deal with the rope problem. I can't remember what they're called. FitMom (Wendy) bought them. I'm sure she'll be happy to tell you more about them if you send out a holler on OD.

Wendy....Thanks for the heads up that we might be seeing Lindy around here soon. That's good progress on your arm/shoulder. Yes, you will indeed heal! Why are you taking a sudafed sinus pill? Do you have a cold? I bought a neti pot a few weeks ago; haven't used it yet. The toddler was looking at the diagrams on the box the other day, then picked it up and said, "I'm going to drink tea with my nose!"

Laurie....I wasn't planning to do a P90X+ rotation, I just sort of started it. I'm taking it one day at a time, though. If I start to lose enthusiasm, I'll be quick to sub or switch. 5 workouts are not enough to keep me happy over 12 weeks. I hope you get some pics of yourself up soon!! I should add a few to my picture trail, but it seems no one takes pics of me anymore. What's that Hollywood saying, "Never work with children....(or animals)"? That's the story of my life right now. We have a thousand pics of the kids; the adults just aren't cute enough by comparison :)

Kim....Isn't it hilarious to see Cathe struggling in PS Legs? It always makes me wonder if I'm doing them wrong, because I don't do that, even when I use the same weight she does. Mind you, she's smaller than me. Smaller muscles = harder work with the same weight load. Congratulations on improving your race time LOL!!!

I'm off to do one of Amy's premixes on Advanced Step Challenge II. Not sure which one yet.

Cheers,
Sandra

Hi back for a quick hello...I had to get the diva to school and then I had a gyno appt.....always fun...but I really liked the doc. She was awesome!!!!! I will go into that a little more later...but just wanted to let you know I was still alive....I can't seem to wake up this morning, and as I don't have anything hugely pressing right now, I am going to take a little siesta and hope I feel a bit better this afternoon.

I am thinking I will do SH shoulders + part of one of my new dvds...I will see if there are any premixes on them. I am putting off my leg work until tomorrow...and I am thinking I will do Leaner Legs then...but, we'll see...LOL!

Just a couple of quickie personals...I'll be back this afternoon to really catch up.

Patricia...
So great to see pics of you and your little cutie!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Sandra...
Yes..much longer than a minute this morning...the Diva showed me the time and I realized I had no time to chat!!

Jeanette...
Sending hugs and peace your way...Worried about you since we haven't heard from you yet today.

Laurie...
Sorry DH is still feeling under the weather. Is he acting like a real baby??

Lindy....
Get back in you cage...You aren't supposed to be out yet! You might scare all the children.

Waving and sending kisses to all of my Xer/Watercooler friends...
Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi ladies,
Just a quick post here. I'm so groggy this morning. Went over about 9 last night to spell Mom. My sister also dropped by and we agreed that she would come back to sit with Grandma around 3 a.m. this morning. That's when I left and came back here. I've got to jump in the shower and head back over to Grandma's. Just called in to work to let them know I wouldn't be in. Grandma is laboring. Hopefully won't be too much longer.

Thanks for all the hugs and love, you guys are so special to me.

Sandra, your DD cracked me up about the neti pot. I needed a laugh.

Will check back later,

Hugs to all,

Jeanette

Hi all,

Just popped in for a quick lurking hello (which I haven't had much time to do lately). Looks like everyone is still doing fairly well.

Jeanette - I'm so sorry to hear about Grandma. I hope she doesn't suffer.

Tracy

Made a batch of blueberry protein pancakes. Eldest dd ate one. But, it looks like the rest will be my snack for the next few days.

Jeanette: HUGS!!!! Thanks for keeping us posted!!! You all are in our prayers. Your grandmother is so blessed to be surrounded by family during this time!

Tracy: Nice to see you pop in. Hope all is going well with you and your FIL.

Debra: What's to get into? That's your gyno's job!:p Don't tell me you're pregnant with Eoin's love child! Honey, I hate to tell you. You can't get pregnant by kissing a dvd cover!!!}:)7:+;) sigh. Oh, I need to warn Phil to do his civil duty and protect the public from Lindy! Shuuush! When my neighbor discovered that I don't lie to my kids about Santa Claus, she told me that I shouldn't be allowed around kids!!! }( }( }( I do enjoy being evil in the moment. Too bad the moment doesn't last forever.

Patricia: Thanks for the pictures. You are now allowed to meet me in Toronto.:7 You boy is adorable. How old is he now?

Sandra: ROFLOL You're dd is TOOO FUNNY! Of course, you didn't let her... did you?:eek: :+ Thanks for the neti pot reminder. If I go to power torture yoga tonight, I'll have to run it through my nose. No cold here, just allergies. They get worse when it's about to rain or raining. You will be a doctor soon!!!! Wow! It's going to finally come to an end!!! All your hard work will pay off!!! And what's your reward? More time playing with me!!!:7 :7 :7

Kim: Don't listen to Sandra and Laurie. They have pictures of themselves online. We badgered Laurie to death before she finally posted pictures of herself wearing her Renaissance dress.

Okay ladies. I'll post a little more later. Debating on making pizza for dinner or going to power yoga tonight. Decisions Decisions

Wendy

Oh! How did I forget Laurie?!?!?!

Laurie: Dear you can get away with murder on your Honey-Do list!!! You're a Friske!!!!}( Did I miss something? I didn't know you collected villains!!!! Is that why you're my friend?:p :7 :+ I like my shuffle because it's so small. I couldn't imagine attaching a larger MP3 player onto my body for yoga workouts. My boys tried talking me into getting a Zune and one with a screen. I plan on buying a video ipod after Cathe's downloads are available. You're dh should be better about helping you pick one. Isn't he technically inclined?

Oh Debra!!! What to do about your neighbor? Hmmm, I used to have a neighbor drop by unexpectedly. Once she entered our back door and walked through the kitchen and dining room into the living where dh and I were watching tv. Scared the crap out of us considering it was 11:00 at night!!!!!!!!!!! She claimed that she knocked. She hardly comes over anymore. Thank the Lord! We're still friends, but it's hardly smothering. Anyhow, that doesn't help you. Does it. The only thing I can think of is to kindly explain that you're too busy to chat. That you don't mind having her eldest dd play with the Diva while you're busy doing whatever. And then ask if she could come over at another unspecified time. Start making a list of things you can do. You don't have to actually do them, just think of something. Another thing you can do is put your mom or me on standby. Have us phone you a minute after you head out your back door. That way, you can use us as an excuse. Tell her this is an important call... My friend, Lindy, is having a personal crisis and needs help.... I'll have to chat with you later as this is an emergency... She's in the process of strangling some lady at the grocery store! }(

Okay, now I've gotta get some stuff done!!!

Wendy

Jeanette Sending lots of ((HUGS)) your way. Hoping that you are getting lots of comfort from your family.

Patricia So you're going to meet Eoin as well? That should be fun! Have fun at baseball tonight! Thanks for sharing the pics, you have a beautiful family!

Debra Hope you got the school mixup all straighten out today!I see Wendy had some good suggestions for you regarding the neighbours. We has the next door neighbours from he** living beside us for 2 yrs but thank god they moved last October. My stories were the main source of lunch time entertainment at the hospital where I work. I could write pages and pages about them. Couple of the kids almost lived at my place (not by my choice) I felt completely taken advantage of but really felt bad for the kids as their home life was so chaotic. My only advice is to set your limits up front or it will get more difficult.

Laurie- I saw pictures of you in the retreat pics that others posted and that wonderful picture of you in your dress! We are big Disney fans and go fairly often to Disney World. There is a store at Disney-MGM Studios that has all villian stuff but on our last visit it was mostly pirate stuff because of the Pirates of the Caribbean being such a hit. My kids are the only kids I know who say do we really have to go to Disney World again, can't we go somewhere else. LOL

I was off work today and got lots of errands, and volunteer board work done. Did CC#5 and did .5 mile more than the last time I did the same workout. So going to relax and watch my shows tonight (Survivor, ER, The Office) DH is taking out little 15 yr old doggie to the vet tonight so hopefully it all goes well.

Kim

Hi all...back again....but I have a WICKED headache...so I am not going to take time for personals now. If I feel better later I will come back to catch up a bit. I did SH shoulders plus BB's Tae Bo Abs (the standing section) and the floor section from Core Attack (one of my new ones). I will either do yoga or legs tomorrow depending on my mood.

And before Lindy starts any rumors, I am NOT preggers! Just got some interesting info from my gyno about PT's...And I will explain the whole thing with the neighbors later too...thanks for all of your input on them...crazy as they are!

~~~~~Jeanette~~~~~~Just sending out some more peaceful and loving thoughts your way. Keeping you and your family close to my heart.

To everyone else...I will see you either later tonight if my head is better but for sure in the morning! Happy evening to all!

Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Home from baseball practice. The team seems exactly what I'm looking for. Great fun bunch of people who want to have fun.

Laurie - I didn't have a great showing tonight at practice but enough for them to see I knew what I was doing. I'm playing 2nd base which is what I wanted. :p

Kim - back in time from baseball practice to see the last 1/2 of Survivor too. Glad it wraps up this weekend though. I put our cat down last fall but it was time. I hope your dog is okay and your not at that stage yet.

Wendy - blueberry protein pancakes would go very well with the Real Canadian Maple Syrup I have in my cupboard. Yummy:p The little guy will turn 3 this July. Hoping to get him potty trained by then.

Debra - sorry to hear about the headache - even after your w/o. That sucks;( I presuming its good new your not preggo:p

Sandra - I remember that thread about the skipping rope. I think it was Jumpsnap or something like that. I wonder how that would work on the rebounder? Might have to think about it. I love my steady state cardio though.. I agree with you about once having kids there are no longer any adult pics anymore or more precisely - Mom becomes the photagrapher. Lots of pics with Daddy & Son.}(

Jeanette - hope all is well with you or as well as can be expected.

Traci, Nicole - Hi

All I can say right now is men are so stupid. If you're watching Survivor right now, you'll know what I mean

Please please please hold me back from the STS thread. I am so close to stepping in...... Maybe Lindy should....;( ;( ;(

People get a life

Nope, not getting myself involved, even if Lindy is here. Just doesn't strike any passion in me to care much about it. If STS isn't completed by next year, I'll cancel my pre-order. Nouf said.

Okay, I went to Power Torture Yoga tonight. I spoke with my gay before class. Told him about the rotator cuff injury. And told him I was going to do my own Flow!!! I was only there for the HEAT!!!! Yep, And, he was to give me NO LIP!:p He just laughed and kept to his promise. I did my own, personal Lindy flow}( with a sprinkling of Eoin flavor disregarding what everyone else was doing!!!!}( Of course, I did most of the class flow. But, I did my own Eoin flow during their 5 minute pigeon!!!:p Now, I'm trying to talk the instructor into going to Toronto for Eoin's workshop!!!:D

I feel fine. I didn't push myself beyond the point of mild discomfort. I felt strong and fluid. We'll see how I feel in the middle of the night and tomorrow.

Jeanette: HUGS!!!!!! Sending you lots of love and peace!!!!!!!!

Debra: Take some Advil and Sudafed. Talk to me when you feel better!

Kim: ^^5^^ on the .5 mile!!! I don't have my cyclometer connected to my back wheel, so I have no idea if I'm going the distance. Most of the time, I don't even use my HRM!:eek: Don't worry. If anything I push myself harder than I need to... maybe that's why I'm on the injury list.

Sandra: Yep, my massage therapist gives me specific advice when I specifically ask for it.:) She also offers a Range of Motion service where she charts your progress with measurements and photos, and gives specific homework suggestions. She charges a lot more for this service. I just take advantage of her knowledge without having to pay a ton more money for photos and inches. Glad you asked?;) Did you take a swig of cough syrup before stepping with Amy?:+ Get some rest!!! This weekend is Mother's Day and you deserve a nap. Tell dh Lindy said that too!:p :+ Did I just read that you're doing another X rotation?!?!?! Well, my, my. Aren't you just the perfect woman!!!!:)

Okay Ladies! I'm going to snuggle with dh and see if I can't induce him to rub my sore triceps and delts and traps and rhomboids and calves, and.....

Sweet Dreams to ALL!
Wendy

I never got around to scoring a massage. I just finished booking my flight and hotel room. Debra, check your email.

Now my head is pounding.

Jeanette: If you're still awake, :* :* :* :*

Wendy

Hi all,
I just got home from Mom and Dad's. Grandma is still holding on, though barely. My sister is there with my Mom. Know my Mom and Dad have loved having us over to help and for the company.

I have to go to work for a few hours tomorrow morning, but will probably leave after that. I'm doing fine for everyone that is concerned, just a bit tired. Thank you all for your prayers, hugs and concern. This will all be over soon. Poor Grandma, it's not a peaceful way to go, let me tell you. Working for every breath.

Sorry I can't take the time right now to post personals, but I am reading what all of you are doing. I'm tired and going to hit the hay right now. I was exhausted this morning and I didn't get up until around 8 or so.

Will talk to you all tomorrow,

Hugs,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.