****TGIF clean&tidy****

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Hmmm... the title kind of rhymes. :D

Well, I was lazy this morning and stayed in bed until a pounding on my door at 9:30 (my kids were watching a movie in my bed). The movers were supposed to come pick up all our boxes at 2 this afternoon and they showed up at 9:30! So I had to let them in in my robe. :eek:

Thanks everyone for sending recipes. I'll take as many as I can get - and I'm basically looking for simple things! I just am not too good at seasonings/cooking veggies/potatoes. I'm still learning.

Today Ryan has the car so that's why I was unmotivated to get out of bed. We don't have anything to do. It's about 50 degrees so I'm thinking of walking to the post office to mail a couple of christmas cards.

Klaudia, I tried to find you on fb...I sent a message to someone who I thought looked like you. :) LOL. Now that that I think about it, it was you. I'm looking at your screen name and figuring it out... Anyone else on facebook? You can find me b/c I'm obviously not very discreet with my screen name.

Ok, girls want to ride bikes now that we can see the ground (and their bikes) in the garage since the boxes are gone.

Today is rest day. It is needed - my legs are hurting! Special K for bfast. Not sure for lunch and probably that shrimp jambalay (clean) for dinner.

I'll bbl!

angie

Hey Angie, LOL at answering your door in a robe!! Hope you and the girls find some fun things to do tonight.

Here I am, awake at the crack of dawn, to get a good sweaty cardio session in. Then, let the cookie baking begin!! Not sure how far I will get, but on the agenda is...
-oatmeal chocolate chip
-white chocolate mac. nut (<---i'll ship you some, Kate, if you swear to eat them!)
-chocolate chocolate chunk
-chewy coconut cookies
-wedding cookies
-peanut butter temptations
-gingerbread

WO was Step Blast. May do some lifting later, not sure.

Sipping hot tea now, my throat hurts and I have a cough!

I've already broken my clean and tidy promise. Something in me said, hey, it's the holidays. I can't eat desserts. :) I just had a small slice of this ice cream thing in my fridge. I need to get rid of it.

Ryan's bringing home "date" dinner tonight so I have no control. I'm excited about it though.

The girls and I tried to walk to the post office this morning. It's about 20 minutes away. We walked all the way there (well, I walked, they sat in the wagon... shouldn't have considered this a rest day). And there was a sign on the door saying they were closed and would reopen in the afternoon. This is relatively normal. Most places are closed between 12-2 for lunch. But it was 11:30. So annoying. We'll go in the morning but I'm not walking back this afternoon!

Katie,a ll your cookies sound awesome! I'd ask for some too but I think it would be a little pricey to send to France and I'm not sure they'd still be good. :)

BBL.

angie

Angie they get a good long lunch break. Enjoy your date dinner.
Katie I';m coming over to your house to help cook/eat cookies;) What are wedding cookies?

No w/o today except shopmax in the outlets stores. My cousin Tracey is taking me there.

I think for the next 2 weeks I'm staying off the wagon but I will workout. This way come Jan 1st back on the wagon and I can give it 100%. Also I plan to do cardio and k-bells rotation for the next 2 weeks.

I'm going to read y-day posts BRB

morning all. today i did my ellitpical in the boot, then 20 min of weight bearing leg stuff in my shoes - no pain!! i am thrilled and anxious to run. plan to have a clean day despite all the temptations at work (brownies, cookies, cupcakes, bread). i have a fiber 1 bar if i need something yummy - not exactly clean, but it could be worse. yesterday was interesting - i had more MAJOR family drama, and it literally left my pulpse pounding. when i was totally ready to stress eat, i put the phone and computer (my way of communicating with my family) away, and i did gs c and t. felt soo much better after!

angie, that walk sounds nice. what do you see along the way? do you live in a villiage? one of my favorite ways to do chicken is simple bake it with a topping of chutney (any kind is fine, but i love mango) and french onion soup mix mixed together and poured on top. bake at 350 until done. delish!

katie, i cannot believe you are making all those. what do you then do with them???

robin, enjoy shop max. where are you going?

bbl

Make some snow angels Kate.

I'm not sure where the outlets are? Maybe Raleigh?

Klaudia sorry about the FD (family drama) but it's that time of year....

Happy Friday:)

We're in the midst of a snow storm here-8-12 inches expected. Darrin left this morning around 6:30. Hopefully we'll see him by tomorrow afternoon. We have a snow day, obviously so it's on to a cookie baking/house cleaning extravaganza. I'm not a pro like Katie, but I'll do my best. Today is cardio-I'm thinking some KB and abs. And I need to stay away from the chocolate covered pretzels that I keep picking at throughout the day. Send me your willpower ladies!

Angie, J'ai accepte ta requete d'amitie sur FB:) How lucky you are to be able to walk to places! I can walk to a few places, but we're near a major road and parts of it don't have sidewalk-not conducive to taking the girls, etc. I have walked to the UPS store, Dunkin Donuts(!), a little restaurant, the dry cleaners-I would walk everywhere if I could.

Katie, hope your throat fels better. Send me some of your cookie baking mojo-I need it!

Robin, have fun shopping. I have a couple of things left to get, but it'll have to wait til Monday. Nothing like the last minute, eh?

Morris, way to go on the stress relief! There's a quote I love, "Exercise releases endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy women don't kill their husbands!"

I'm sure I'm posting at the same time as someone so I'll come back and do more personals:)

b-kashi w/raspberries
the rest tbd

bbl...

Good Morning Everyone!

I am so glad it is Friday. Everyone has told me I look tired and I really need to rest this weekend. I don't think I will be very productive today because I am tired but I will try.

Angie, glad you got a walk in today. Sorry the PO was closed. It would drive me crazy if everything closed from 12-2.
Katie & Klaudia, have fun baking cookies!
Kate, enjoy the snow day! Have fun with the girls at home!
Morris, great news about running in 10 days! Yeah!
Robin, have fun outlet shopping.

w/o was LIC Cardio Blast premix
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: 1/2 clif bar
l: grilled chicken salad, clementime
s: apple, chopped veggies
d: probably pizza

Colleen try to get some rest this weekend. Pizza sounds so good.

Klaudia enjoy your snow storm. Do you have enough hot chocolate.

I forgot to tell you all about my adopted family. She is a single mother with 4 kids (3 girls and one boy). The kids ages range from 10mons to 8 years old. She works in a supermarket. She asked me to buy the kids cloths like Hannah Montana etc. I brought some games and a gift card to Walmart so that she can pick out the cloths.

My cousin Irene also adopted a family BUT they are really not needy more like greedy :mad:. Her family asked for an electric guitar and Nike's. WTH!:eek: Irene said well they will be getting a $50 gift card. Maybe they can find that stuff in Walmart :D LOL

Mornin'! We are having a white-out here!!!!!!! I love it! The girls played outside for awhile so I snuck in Cardio Kicks while Julia napped. DDs came in and had hot chocolate, now they're playing in their bedroom. Gosh, I love winter break!!!!

Angie, I jealous too that you can walk to places. Think of today as an active rest day!;) I love walks. Wish we had something more to look at on walks than barns and manure!:eek: I have a recipe for chicken tortilla soup that is 100& clean and terribly easy. Let me know if you'd like it. Have fun on your indoor date night! I think we're going out next week - with Julia!

Katie, I PROMISE TO GORGE MYSELF ON THOSE COOKIES!!!!:cool::cool::eek::eek::D:D And I will gladly pay you beaucoup bucks for them! Good job on SB! The end is a killer!

Morris, You are a machine! You amaze me with your broken foot adn workouts! sorry about the FD. Good job doing a WO instead of stress-eating! How are the boys doing? How is your weather? Not still going by generator are you?

Robin, Have fun outletting! We have a couple great ones near us, both 60-90 min. away. One has a Pottery Barn - oh my word, do I ever getinto trouble there! "But, honey, Look How much I SAVED!" And Jcrew too..... oh, I need to go shopping!

Klaudia, I love that endorphin quote too! Poor Darrin! I'm sure you're getting the same snow we are and it is crazy here! It's nice your DDs had theor partoes already. Gina's was today but she said the teacher is going to do it when they're back from break. NO CHOCOLATE PRETZELS FOR YOU!:p Every time you want a pretzel drop down and do 10 pushups then go brush your teeth! You'll have a fab UB and ultra-white teeth!;)

Colleen, We all order you to rest up this weekend! Fun WO! I haven't done that one in a super long time.

---------------
Laura is home from college! She came over for the afternoon and evening y'day. After dinner we did 4DS BC cardio. Makes me feel so good to whip an 18-yo!:p Eats were clean all day long! Fam had pizza for dinner, I had salad!:)

Better go - they need me!

kate, i want your soupn recipe!! that sounds perfect for the noreaster we are getting on sunday.

so far i am resisting the new batch of cookies, peppermint bark, and peanut butter bars..... i think me coworkers would freak out if i dropped down for pushups, though:)

morris, lol re the pushups! dh does them in the bathroom at work!:cool::p:D
i would have a really hard time resisting all those sweets!

chicken tortilla soup

1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2" cobes
1/4 c. finely chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 T olive oil
1 - 15 oz can corn, drained
1 - 15 oz can black beans, rinsed/drained
1 - 14 oz can chicken broth
1 - 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
1 - sm can chopped green chilies
1 t. cumin
1/2 t salt
1/2 t chili powder
1/8 t cayenne pepper

in lg. skillet over med. heat cook chicken, onion, garlic in oil untiil chicken is lightly browned and onions are tender. stir in remaining ingredients. bring to a boil reduce heat. cover and simmer 10-15 minutes.

my modifications
i dont use the oil
i use a lot more onion
i dont measure the seasonings - i just scoop and dump - i like it spicier
i add a couple jalapenos chopped fine with the onion

this soup is so good and so easy! enjoy!

That soup sounds awesome. I'm going to try it soon.

Busy day here--working from home, thank goodness, so I don't have to go out in the snow storm. I was thinking of picking up take out for lunch, but I'm not even going to do that! It's only a couple blocks away, but DH has my car and his truck is horrible in the snow.

Angie, here's another recipe. It's a little fussy in that it's time consuming, not that it's hard. I don't know if you have access to all these ingredients, but if not, ask and I can probably come up with substitutions. First, marinate a chicken breast in some kind of salad dressing, like toasted sesame. Then bake it off in the oven, I do it at 350 for 20-30 mins. I don't know what that would be centigrade, maybe 200? I make this peanut sauce while the chicken's cooking:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/robin-miller/spicy-or-mild-peanut-sauce-recipe/index.html

While the peanut sauce cools I chop up garlic, onion, red pepper, and carrot. Before I cook the veggies, I put rice noodles in warm water so they'll get soft. They need about 10-15 minutes. Then, saute the veggies together until they're soft. While they're cooking, shred the chicken. After the veggies are soft, add the chicken, then the rice noodles and the peanut sauce. There's usually quite a lot of sauce, so I bring it up to a boil and let it thicken a bit. Then I plate it and garnish with lime juice, cilantro, crushed peanuts, and scallions. It's very yummy and pretty healthy.

If you don't have rice noodles, you could easily use linguine or any other italian noodle you like.

Hi to everyone else! I'll bbl for personals.

anne

guess i shoulve done my pushups...... i ate 10 m&ms!:eek::p

eats are clean other than that
b- shr. wheat, 1/2 apple
s - clementine
l - romaine, almonds, carrots, raisins, grapes
s - ???
d tonight will be at in-laws. shes making cheese fondue. soooo not tempting to me - blech! the things to dip in - :confused: - hope they're good/clean! shes also making an ice cream dessert - here comes a cheat!!!:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.