****clean&tidy monday****

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning ladies,

It doesn't feel like a Monday at all. Ryan's home and we're getting ready for our Disney trip. I have to go to the store today to stock up on a few things we're going to take to the hotel and I have mounds of laundry to do but I don't imagine it's all going to get done. My machines aren't exactly effective!

Klaudia, I'm sorry you had such a bummer day. I think that you are a saint for dealing with your husband being gone so much! Hang in there. Hopefully the snow stops long enough for you to enjoy your Christmas!

Anne, I'm glad you enjoyed your tortilla soup. I'd probably ruin it with cheese and chips too. :)

Colleen, I had a dream last night that I saw you at the pool. Which is really funny because I have no idea what you look like. But in my dream, you had an awesome body and I was telling my mom that it was because you ate SO well! :D Dreams are funny. Maybe you were subliminally telling me to eat better!

Today is going to be pretty busy but I'm going to try to get my WO in. Either power circuit or step and intervals.

Hi Kate, Katie, Anne, and Morris.

I miss Evily and Steph!

Have a great Monday all!

angie

Hey girls, here are a couple rotations I'm considering for January:

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236694

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236457

Are there any out there that you guys think might be better? My overall goal for Jan is weight loss but not huge muscle gains right now.

Also, can I edit any of these rotations to allow my rest day to be Friday or will I need to tweak them?

And what should I do on run/bike days since I don't do either of these things?

I'm so excited to do my first real Cathe rotation! Of course, maybe her Jan one will appeal to me too...

Hey Angie!! When are you leaving for vacation? Good luck with laundry, etc. I like the first rotation better, maybe you could do some cardio like Drill Max or something in place of running or cycling?

I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, not sure why, Christmas is in THREE days and I should be (am) thrilled about that! I do have to work today and tomorrow, though, and then I am HOME FREE for five days!!

Need to get going on a WO, bbl..............

good morning everyone - we are digging out from 16inches of snow!! craziness!!

angie, maybe you can sub walking on the bike run days - i think the idea is just some steady state cardio. which disney are you going to? for how long?

katie, sorry for the wrong side of bed this am. nothing like bm2 to get it gone, though. i cannot wait to do that again, maybe even next week!

klaudia, i hope you get a respite soon and have some time with dh. how old are your kids? sometimes it is so hard to be a single mom, for all intents and purposes.

i am psyched - i power walked at a 5.1 mph pace for 20 min (after 30 min on elliptical) this am and no pain. i think i will try running a tiny bit tomorrow. technically i was too wait until next weeek, but i am itching to try a little. also did some squats and such this am. my upper body is sore from gs bsb yesterday. i love it. yesterday was mainly clean, except for 1 bite chocolate, and 2 cookies. i think that is pretty good, though. today will be better. bbl

angie, I really hate butter. I would actually vomit if I had to eat it like that on a sandwich!
have fun at disney!!!! I was trying to talk mike into a disney cruise instead of wo equip, but he won.

klaudia, sorry about the bad day. did you get your bc in? any fun plans w/ dds off for the next 2 weeks?

anne, glad you liked the soup! no sweat on the chips - carbs for energy, right?! havent been to roma in a long time. used to stop there when i had to pick up prints at wieland-davco, but those days are over for me for a long time, and wd moved.

Katie, those power circuits are so fun! im anxious for this rotation to be done so I can do some fun stuff ive been wanting to do. ive had good results but in ready for a change too.
----------------
WE GOT AN ELLIP LAST NIGHT!!!! it’s a sole e35 and its wonderful!!! power incline and resistance, a cute little fan, ipod speakers….!!!! delivery will prob. be next week. I decided not wait on the heavy bag - now we’re down to either the leg press machine or the versa climber. but the vc is so expensive!! mikes holding out for the vc tho!:rolleyes:

wo today is gs chest/tris, 2x. ooooowwwww!

not sure on eats. i meijered last night so i have plenty o' clean options.

Last edited:
morris, CRAZY SNOW! im jealous!:D but w/ the blowing we're having our drifts are super high. we need 4wd to get out of our driveway! no use plowing til the wind stops.
GREAT WO'S! be careful w/ that foot tho!
what are you and your boys up to?

Kate congrat onthe new ellip. I have my eye on one too.

Morris good w/o today.

Katie you will feel better once you're off from work

Angie I like Jan 08 rotation. I'm glad that you have enough dvds to do a rotation.

My chest still have DOMS so I'm going to do some interval cardio on the stepper. My kids are off from school for 2 weeks.:rolleyes:

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday I finished through Disc 7 of STS. Hoping to get 8 and 9 done tonight and tomorrow. There is a ton of food here at work so it will be really hard to be clean today.

Angie, I am going against the crowd and voting for Feb 07. That was my first rotation.
Kate, are you tired of snow yet? Congrats on the ellip.
Robin, ^5 on the DOMS.
Morris, ^5 on walking yesterday! Hope your foot will let you do it.
Klaudia, sorry it has been so hard.

w/o was BM2 Cardio only
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: probably some treats
l: grilled chicken salad, clementime
s: blueberries & yogurt, chopped veggies
d: buffalo sloppy joes

Robin, Are your kids ready to throttle eachother yet?!:p

Colleen, Good job w/ STS! and for the snow....if it's gonna be cold, gimme the snow!! I love it!

baby's in bed....choremax! If those girls are gonna whine and complain, I'll give em somethin' to complain ABOUT!;) Boy, do I sound like my mother!:rolleyes::eek:

Hi, everybody! I was supposed to get up early and work out this AM, but you'll be shocked to hear I stayed in bed instead. It was so warm and cozy! I have tap tonight, though, so at least that's something.

Angie, how about mixing and matching the two rotations? That's what I would do. I can't ever seem to follow a rotation for more than about 2 weeks. I think I have exercise ADD.

Kate, that elliptical sounds great. I would love to get one, but don't really have room for it.

Katie, great work out this AM. Did it help with your mood?

Robin, have fun with the kids.

Morris, good luck getting back into running. Be careful, though, okay?

Hi to Klaudia. Okay, I got a gift card from work for $100 and decided to buy some new work outs with it. Here's what I don't have:
DrillMax
Butts & Guts
Cardio Fusion
Low Impact Circuit
Body Max 2
Body Blast series on DVD (I have it on VHS)
Imax 1
MIC
Power Hour
MIS
Body Max 1
Ab Hits
Pure Strength
Circuit Max
Cardio Kicks

I didn't buy anything from the series with BM2 in it because I don't like work outs longer than an hour. I even get cranky when they're like 68 minutes. I just feel like an hour at a time is enough. But, I know all those work outs have premixes that are shorter, so maybe I should get some of them. What do you all think? Thanks.

anne

Good morning:)

Ok, no more whining from me! I realized what a downer I was being. I should be grateful: my kids are healthy, I have a loving husband who's a great dad-and is gainfully employed in this crummy Michigan economy, I have the love and health of my family, I have the support from a great group of cyber friends. I am indeed very blessed and I need to shut up!

So I never worked out yesterday. I got four days in last week, so it's not horrible. This week, I'm changing my rotation. I think I'm going to do a week of circuits, some extra cardio, and maybe 1 total body day. So I think today will be Bootcamp-try again:) Eating was ok-had a few treats. I made cheesy turkey meatloaf (not enough cheese), mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli for dinner. I also made buffalo chicken dip for my friend's visit. That stuff is addicting!

Going out in a bit to take the girls to my mom's for the night-they're going to bake cookies and I'm going to shop and Darrin's going to wrap-ha!

Angie, thanks for the compliments! I need to go back and see what I was doing last summer that gave me those results. Amusez-vous bien a Disney et prennez beaucoup de photos a nous montre!

Katie, I bet you're in a better mood now that you worked out:)

Morris, you walked at 5.1 for 20 minutes?! That hurts my hip flexors just thinking about it! Great job! My girls are 9, 6, and 2. It's not so bad in the summer when they can get out, it's just when we're all cooped up at home-everyone starts going stir crazy. 16 inches?! I am definitely counting my blessings now-what's a measly 12, right?

Kate, congrats on the new toy! I think I've persuaded Darrin to get a few kb's-but he still wants his Selectechs, too:) The girls and I have a trip to LibbyLu planned-they got giftcards for their b'days and we need to use them up since the store is closing in January! And we might go to a water park for the day next week at nearby community center. Other than that, not much. Hopefully they'll be playing with their new toys, right?

Robin, have fun with the kids:)

Colleen, way to go on the STS prepping! Your menu is great-a few treats won't derail you-enjoy!

Anne, I would've killed that soup, too:) What tb workout are you doing today?

b-kashi
s-almonds, apple
l-?
s-?
d-leftovers?

Hey Anne-posting simultaneously:)

I don't work out longer than an hour either. I do like the premixes on BM2 and B&G-that's usually how I do them. Do you need more cardio or strength?

Great minds, right, Klaudia? I hadn't thought about what I need. I guess I have plenty of both cardio and weights, so maybe I should get one of each. Or maybe strength since I do outdoor cardio in the spring/summer/fall. It's just these few months out of the year when it's flippin' ZERO wind chill outside that I do cardio inside. Hmmmmm....decisions, decisions.

anne

Anne, $100! YAY! I would say definitely get some of the ones from BM2 series. I ((HEART)) drill max and BM2 and also really like LIC. I have all the other ones except for pure strength and ab hits. I also don't have the timesaver from BB.

Klaudia, it's okay to be depressed sometimes. But, you are right, you do have a lot going for you. Kids are something I have to remind myself all the time to be thankful for - they're such a handful. I'm really excited to take our kids to Disney! It is just so fun to watch them have a good time.

Ryan's still working on all our electronic stuff. For some reason his computer is not putting out sound and it is making him very unhappy. Ugh.

BBL.

wo done! who cares about choremax! it was a ss premix, so about an hour. the 2nd time thru went much faster somehow.

i really really want to eat super-duper clean the next few days so i can enjoy a couple sugar cookies w/ dds w/o guilt. my sisters are coming over c'mas eve day so all of us girls can decorate the cookies together. should befun! its so nice having laura home from ollege. she babyst last night then we went to meijer together and had a blast! after this yr she's goingto msu so shell be around a lot more. but then i think my other sister is going to lawrence tech. at least ive always got 1 sis around huh?

anne, the bm2 series is so much fun and there are tons of premixes - even 45 min. cant go wrong w/ these. have fun tappin' toniht! will you ever have a recital?

klaudia, yu werent being a downer, you were venting, and we all need a turn!:) im thinking circuits and cardio too after this week. i need some peppy stuff after all the heavy lifting. have a fun childless night!

angie, i really hate computers. fil calls his a Confuser!:p

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of you are interested in doing a circuits/cardio kind of rotation. Do you guys want to do it together? Should we just create our own?? I would love to be able to work alongside you guys!

ccity was sept 07 - it was a goodie. the ones you pulled up look good too!
i cant pick! you pick & i'll folow along!:D

Quelle bonne idee! I'm in. I was thinking either 3 circuits/week with 3 cardios OR 2 circuits, 1 total body, and 3 cardio. Something like this:

Day 1:Bootcamp
Day 2:HIIT 20 minutes
Day 3:High Step Challenge OR Muscle Max
Day 4:4DS Kickbox
Day 5:LIC
Day 6:HIIT 20 minutes

Just an idea. Let me know what you guys think. Obvioulsly if you don't have a particular workout, sub what you've got:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.