****clean&tidy monday****

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Good morning clean peeps. I realized it was noon so I probably should get our thread started before littlemissearlyriser gets up to get her workout on. :D

BBL - have a fix it guy here.

Whoops!! littlemissearlyriser turnedoffheralarmandsleptintoday :eek::eek::eek:

I don't feel well, and I haven't felt well for much of the weekend, very achey and tired, so no workout for me this morning....

Katie, sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you got some rest and will be back to yourself soon. The winters make it so hard to stay healthy! How was the party last night?

Well, I'm hoping to actually be relatively "clean and tidy" today. In the sense that I'm not going to eat ham and cheese or any kind of dessert. For breakfast I had special K which I know isn't clean but it's the best cereal I could find right now (better than frosted flakes!). I miss kashi already! For lunch i'm having a leftover burger from last night - no bun and with salsa. I'll probably also finish off an apple that Annabel didn't finish and have some pineapple. At least we have fresh fruit in the house.

I'm hoping for a workout tonight. I think I'm going to pull out CTX. Never tried any of them and I figure it's a decent way to ease myself back into working out. I weighed myself this morning and I'm at 126 which is about 6 pounds heavier than I'd like to be. My realistic goal is to shed those pounds by June and then really tighten and tone for our cruise next January. Hopefully I can make that happen.

Morris, great job with your weights on PUB! That's awesome. Sorry about the family issues. ((Hugs)) The french is coming along, slowly but surely!

Colleen, I hope your call ended before midnight. Did you get some sleep? Your job is crazy! I'm so impressed with your workout regimen in spite of your schedule!!

Robin, I ordered STS and then cancelled (a long time ago) because I realized that I wasn't quite ready to be doing heavy lifting. I have a little too much body fat to lose first. I'll be interested to see what everyone thinks. It just looked a little too similar to the X for me and I didn't do too well with that. Too boring for me. :) Good idea with the clean eating at church. I used to work at our church and there was constantly food!!

Klaudia, I love your messages to me in French! Soon I'll be able to do the same. I was proud of myself because I understood everything you wrote yesterday. And, btw, a little Taco Bell never hurt anyone - it's good for the soul. It will definitely be one of my first stops when I visit the states - that or Chipotle! :)

Kate, how was the rest of your Sunday? Did the girls get off to school OK today? Let's see some new pics of Julia!! It seems a lot of my friends are pregnant/having babies right now. So fun!

Anne, Hi! Hope your weekend was a good one.

Did we lose our other newbies?

OK, enough of my rambling! Off to do something productive... like play tetris on facebook.

Morning

I did not sleep well. Not sure of a workout but I got to get the kids to school.

Feel better Katie
Angie you weigh 126 you are petite. I can understand why you would not be into STS...yet. I hope Cathe does not come out with a cheesy infomercial.

My w/o today Tracey's circuit zone
b-?
l-left over chicken and veggies
s-?
d-?

I need to go groceryshoppingmax

Last edited:
angie aka our new thread starter!, you're so chipper and full of energy! when do the girls start school? my dad has pics of the girls on his website - will post the link soon.

katie, hope a rest day takes care of the crud for you.

robin, sorry for the lack of sleep! try to catch a nap!

i think we did lose the newbies! that was fast!

wo will be 4ds back & biceps 2x. hopefullt this am while isabel's at school and julia is sleeping!

thanks so much for all of the nice comments on dds picture! our photog does such a good job. its just $$$$$!!!!

b- shredded wheat
s, l, s, - ?????:D
d - tidy lasagna & veggies

good morning everyone!

angie, you are so funny! your goals sound great. how tall are you? maybe you can have some family member send you a case of kashi! do they at least have wheatabix cereal? that was a favorite of mine when in ireland or england. it is clean i think.

katie, so sorry you feel awful - feel better soon!

robin, hope you stay well.

kate, what is tidy lasagna?

wel, i stayed awake after 3am nursing. just too worked up and emotional. an hour on my eliptical helped a lot, also did km standing leg work. i have a recheck for my foot on thursday - i really want to be able to do something else:( i am also discouraged that my weight is up 1lb and i had such a clean day yesterday. but, all i can do is try harder today. bbl

Hi, everyone! How is the gang?

Angie, have fun learning French. It was one of my minors in college, but unfortunately I've forgotten a lot of it. I did understand Klaudia's message to you, though. And CTX is a great choice. That's what I used to get back in shape after a hiatus. It really helped me build strength and then I moved on the Gym Styles. I like that series a lot.

Katie, sorry you're not feeling well! I hope a rest day helps you feel better.

Kate, I saw the pics of your girls--so adorable!

Robin, can you take a nap today? Sorry you didn't sleep well last night.

Morris, I hope your recheck goes well. Sorry about the family stuff--that's never fun, is it?

Hi to Colleen and Klaudia. Did I miss anyone?

The weekend went really well. DH was coming down with a cold Friday night, so he stayed at his mom's on Saturday while I went to visit my parents. We had a nice visit, it was just really busy. We went out to lunch, to the butcher, to the pharmacy, and to the grocery store. When we got back to their place I washed my mom's hair, cut her fingernails, and changed a light bulb. Then I went back to MIL and we cooked a nice dinner (pork chops, rosemary roasted potatoes, and asparagus). It was an early night and then we kind of slept in yesterday. DH cooked breakfast for everybody and then we hung out until his brother got there. His brother stays with his mom during the week, then goes back to his own place for the weekends.

Okay, I'll close this novel! Eats will not be clean at lunch today, but my weight is down from last week, so I'm okay with that. I'm going to do 4DS legs and abs after work tonight, then go to tap. My goal is to get up early the rest of the week and work out before work. We'll see how that goes. You all know what a sleepyhead I am. Have a good day, everyone!

anne

Good morning!

It's nasty here today-gusty winds, rain. The temperature is supposed to drop 25+ degrees by tonight! That's Michigan, right ladies? I did get a workout in yesterday-PS Chest/Shoulders/Triceps. I've been on a muscle building rotation for the past month, more or less(missed a few workouts). I'm debating what to do from now until the new year. Circuits or an endurance based rotation of some kind. Decisions, decisions. I need to finish up a bit of Christmas shopping-stocking stuffers and a couple of gifts for Darrin's neice and my girlfriend's daughter then I think I'm done.

Katie, I hope you feel better quick. You would think that with all our exercising, we'd have awesome immune systems.

Angie, Je vais parler avec tu en francais un peu parce que je doit pratiquer aussi:) I'm addicted to Word Challenge on FB! I alternate between there and here all day.

Robin, hope you can get a nap in today. The weather here is totally nap inducing. I need to go grocery shopping, too. I just read an article where a registered dietician bought a week's worth of groceries for her family of 4 for $72! I wish!

Kate, yes, please post your dad's website. Does he take pictures of others or just family?

Morris, I hear you on the extra pound! I need to tighten up my eating-I don't like the direction my weight is heading. I'd like to lose 3-4 lbs. Which got me a strict talking to from my dad! I'm sorry about the family stuff-not fun. Hope the recheck goes well.

Anne, glad you had a nice weekend. Your legs will be toast after tonight's workout+tap!

Hi Colleen!

b-kashi
Everything else is tbd...

Good Morning Everyone!

Well I did not get off my conference call until 11 last night which was earlier than expected. I am starting to get a cold so l slept in this morning. DH already has it and he is cold. He keeps turning up the temp in the house and then we both get really hot. I told him he is banned from the thermostat.

Katie, hope you feel better.
Angie, I am not a special K fan but I love Corn Chex or Cheerios.
Klaudia, your Michigan weather is heading this way tonight. Today we are going to 60 and tomorrow the high will be 40. Crazy stuff.
Kate, good workout choice. biceps twice - ouch!
Anne, I am a sleepyhead especially when the days are short. DH helps sometimes because he jumps out of bed and turns on the light. It's hard to go back to sleep after the light is on.
Morris, don't be discouraged about your weight. Sometimes it takes a couple of days for the scale to catch up.

I realized this morning that I picked a stupid rotation for the next few weeks - FF Leg Blast. I need to find another rotation tonight. It is just too much around the holidays.

w/o was MM
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: 1/2 clif bar
l: steamed tofu and veggies, wonton soup
s: chopped veggies, blueberries w/ yogurt
d: pork chops

Morris, Tidy lasagna is just not squeaky-clean lasagna but not too-bad-for you lasagna! I use lean sirloin and FF cheese. The pasta is regular - wish I could convince DH to eat ww but he refuses. Most of the time I give DDs my pasta and take their tomoatoes! So, really not too bad of a dinner. The trick will be keeping my hands out of the garlic bread!!!!
PLEASE no worries on 1 pound! Easier said.. I know. Weight fluctuates all the time and you're doing so awesome exercising. You blow my mind - anyone else would use this time to have a pity party that they can barely WLAK! And you're kicking butt! I hope your recheck goes well - I'm sure it will!
And I was up at 3AM nursing too!:D

Anne, Sounds like a busy weekend! As much as I love staying in with Julia I do miss being on the go so much too. I never even got groceries last week - and that is my FAVORITE thing to do!

Klaudia, My dad does do other families. He has a business out of his home. It's in Grand Rapids if you would want to go. His website is montellsphotography.smugmug.com. It would be a bit of a drive for you, but he is CHEAP! I htink he charges $65 for the sitting fee and gives you a CD totally photo-shopped wiht all the pictures on it. Then you print the pics yourself wherever you want. Except I wouldn't want to print them myself. He says most of his customers like it that way. I'd rather have the professinal lab print them.
Good job with your WO! I think PS is the last series I dont have. I dont think I'm going to get it tho. Have enough other stuff to keep me busy! I've been lifitnh heavy and I miss the circuits too - I actually was thinking about htem last night. 2 more weeks of this rotation then I'll do something else too.

Colleen, Oh I adore MM! htat one is so fun! How can anybody want to do a conference call until 11!!!!! ON a weekend no less!

Special K, Corn Chex, Cheerios, Kashi - you guys are killin' me! I love cereal!!!!!! Gina has AlphaBits open right now and its all I can do to not gorge on that every monring!!! But i dutifully, faithfully eat my cardboard. OOps, I meant my shredded wheat!

Got my WO done! Will do abs and stretching later I think.

And the weather is AWFUL here too - crazy-windy! FIL is picking up Isabel for me. There's no way I'm taking Julia out in this freezinf wind!

Last edited:
okay, for more pics of my sweet girls (!!!!!!)...

http://montellsphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/6734861_2voTS#436392786_fErHs

My girls start on Page 2, with Julia in a pink shirt laying on her stomach.

They didn't all turn out super well (esp. the first ones of Julia on her tummy! I hadnt changed her into picture clothes yet!). I think he just put all of them up....:confused: And Mike and I SO weren't planning on pics of us, but oh well! Don't have to put htem up on the wall I guess!

Last edited:
eats are terrific thus far BUT (morris, i know you'll feel my pain on this!) isabel opened a can of cashews!!! just had a few but "fresh nuts":p;) are so hard to resist!:eek: must not eat any more!!!!:D:D

Workout is done. I did PLB. I started a rotation that I found on the rotations forum that was posted by Deanie. It has you doing an upper/lower split, 1 total body, and 3 days of short cardio with abs tacked on to cardio days. She uses PUB/PLB but does it like this: 12/10/8/6/12. I think I'm going to like it. Eats are ok. I had chicken noodle soup, some pita chips, an apple, and 3 hershy kisses for lunch. That's after I had to pick up Milla from school cause she was running a fever and was putting her head down on her desk. This after yesterday's episode where she began screaming while eating a yogurt-scared us to death. Turns out we think she had bad stomach cramps. So I took her to the doctor and she's got a virus unrelated to the vomiting, stomach issues. Doctor said we're just having a bad week. No kidding! I think my kids are going to shorten my life! So lunch wasn't that great. I just finished some cottage cheese and a clementine. Dinner will be baked mostaccoli, salad, and garlic bread:)

Kate, I saw the girls' pictures, but not yours. Your dad's very talented. Too bad he's so far away. Hope you didn't finish the can;)

Last edited:
your rotation sounds good, klaudia. i love the pyramids!
sorry about milla!! poor thing - home with you tomorrow?
i'm on pgs. 3 &4 w/ the b&w headband
i resisted the cashews!!!! clementines& triscuits for pm snack

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I only took a 5min nap today. I'm going to try this natural sleep aid.

Kate when did you get your calendar...I must have missed it

Hi Colleen Klaudia Anne and Morris.

I'm getting light headed so I'm going to lay down.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.