****Challengers***May 4-10

dreamyjeanie

Cathlete
It's a new week. My goal is more cardio, again. I'm starting to sound like a broken record. I think I only got in 1 day again last week. Working out 4 days a week and eating poorly is taking its toll on me. I need to kick it into high gear. Summer is right around the corner which mean shorts and tank tops.

This morning was disc 34 chest and back. I'm definitely stronger, but I don't think my body likes the heavy weight work. My low back has been sore all week, not like doms, just achy sore. Oh well, this is the last week of meso 3 so hopefully my body will hold out.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Jean

Jean: Congrats on it being your last week of Meso 3.

This is my second week of Meso 3. I had to change my WO days around to fit my current work schedule for this month. I did DM cardio only and my own med ball abs. this morning.

Hi everyone !

Gotta run,

Morning!

Its a rainy day here in GA...lovely;):rolleyes: We were out of power during supper last night, and i was starving:eek: we had to eat sandwiches...

Jean-Great job with Chest and Back this morning!

Elaine-DM cardio is intense:confused: WTG!

Im not sure what workout im doing today so i will bbl to report whatever i decide?

Good Morning,

This morning I did Chalean Extreme Push Circuit 2 bicep, triceps and squats. Tonite I will do Abs and a stretch.

Jean-good job with your workoutl. Cardio is also my biggest problem right now which is strange because I like it more than wts.

Elaine-good job with your workout.

Amelia-enjoy whatever you decide to do today.

Hi ladies.

I havn't worked out for the past two days. - Work has gotten in the way of my life! :mad:
Jean - I'll join you with the quest for more cardio!

Good morning everyone. This morning was 45 min jog. 1 day down, now to make sure I get in a couple more cardio days and I'll be back on track.

Andrea, sorry work's been busy. Hope you get in some time for your workouts.

Roxie, great work out.

Elaine, great job on DM. Are you liking meso 3 any better?

Amelia, sorry about the storms. We've been having rain here too. Some areas had some storm damage this weekend including the Dallas Cowboys training center which is north east of us.

Andrea H, how's your week going?

Jean

Morning

I decided on taking a rest day yesterday. I did some house chores instead. Today is some type of cardio and a 4DS weight work...haven't decided on what exactly. Im going through the 'I can't be bothereds'(as Andrea would say;)) just don't feel like doing anything right now,and i don't want anyone bothering me.:rolleyes::confused: i think its 'post-mentrual'LOL

Yesterday i decided to lower my cals (no workout...figured i needed to) well,that was a huge mistake:( i was starving most of the day. I was able to control my hunger for the most part(thank goodness i didn't buy any junk food this week) but i didn't stick to orginal cals i was hoping for, darnit!

Jean-WTG on the 45min jog this morning..thats awesome girl!

Hey to Roxie,Andrea, Andrea H, and Elaine!

bbl

Last edited:
Good Morning,

Tonite is a 30min walk on the TM and then maybe some yoga.

Jean-good job on the jog, I wish I could jog but my knee just doesn't permit that.

Amelia-enjoy whatever workout you decide to do. I hate the I can't be bothereds but they do happen.

Everyone have a good day and great workouts.

HI girls,

This morning I did Meso 3 wk2 chest/back. Can't say I love this WO. I think it is because I don't have enough plates for my barbell and I don't have a rack for the chest press.

Andrea: I hope work slows down for you. I know where I work has been very busy do to the swine flu.

Amelia: Yeah I certainly have those days too!

Roxie: Hope you get your TM & Yoga in tonight.

Jean: I like the bi/tri/sh WOs, but I feel like the chest/back one is so long. I think it's because I can't challenge myself enough. I need more plates for my barbell and a rack or spotter for the chest work. Oh well, I am still lifting way more than I ever did before.:)

Hi AndreaH, how are you doing? Is school almost over for your kids? We will be going till the end of June.

Well DS(14) is home sick with I think a cold/allergies. Of course that has irritated his asthma. I can not wait until things calm down and no one is ill around here. Between my kids,DH,puppy and gecko, I feel like nurse/doctor mom!:p

im so glad my workout is over...ughhhhh. Its like I had no motivation today(or yesterday for that matter:eek:)

I decided on 4DS shoulders,chest and triceps then i did 40mins on the treadmill. I feel better now that im all sweaty;):)

have a good day!

Hey to everyone....

Morning

Today will be 40mins on the TM then 4DS legs...love that one,short but gets the job done!;)

bbl

Good Morning,

Tonite is Chalean Push Circuit 2. I think it is shoulder work and lunges.

Amelia-I have decided to do 4ds when I get done with chalean because of you thank you. I bought that one but all I have done is the LIS cardio only.

Amelia: I love 4DS legs. Just for the reason you said.

Roxie: Have fun with your WO.

This morning I did 4DS KB cardio and my own med ball abs.

I am waiting for a phone call from the Vet. My puppy is showing signs of a worm again. I am sure it is the whipworm rearing it's nasty head again. I can not wait until she is rid of it. She is so not her sweet self.:(

Ds(14) is still not feeling well. A visit to the Dr later this morning.

Okay, I am going to start looking up. Things have to start getting better around here. There is only so much a person can take and I have reached my limit. Okay I am done venting and I will feel better after my shower.Thanks!

Workout done as planned! My legs were so tight after the weight work, i could hardly finish my tm workout, i ended up powerwalking for most of it at an incline.

I think i hurt my knee...i was walking and tripped on a rug and my knee was throbbing for about 5mins. It hurt like hell:confused: i hope nothing serious comes out of it!:(

Elaine-I hope your DS is feeling better soon, it really stinks when there sick:(. Sending healing vibes to your little puppy as well. Keep us udated...k! Hugs to you!!!

Roxie-I really like the weight work on 4Ds because its short . I started doing 4ds weight work and a cardio 5/6 days a week on 4/13 and so far so good. I LOVE all the weight work as well as all the cardio(haven't tried LIS yet) Have you had a chance to preview any of the other workouts yet? Glad to hear you'll be joining me:D

Hey to everybody
Have a great day:)

Hi everyone. Today was disc 35. Only 1 more disc and then a cardio only recovery week. 3 months of STS went by fast. I'm definitely stronger and a little leaner. The place I notice the most is where my hind end connects to my upper thigh. My jeans really fit differently in that region. Now if only I had done the recommended cardio and if I could get control on the eating, then I'm sure I would have much better results. I jsut read in in the BFFM that you can't lose by lifting heavy alone. I should have read that 5 weeks ago and then maybe i wouldn't have blown off so much cardio.

Elaine, hope things settle down for you. Hope son and pup are better soon. Our puppy has put us through the ringer with her issues the first year and now that she is almost 2 things have been good (knock on wood).

Amelia, hope you didn't do anything major to the knee. That really sucks.

Roxie, speaking of knees, are your knee issues resolved?

Andrea and Andrea what have you been up to this week?

Jean

Jean-I am just dealing with the knee issues my plantar facitis is worse than my knee. I just have to be careful how I sit and doing lunges.

Elaine-hope your puppy and DS are better soon.

Amelia-it is going to be awhile before I start 4days I have to finish Chalean.

Morning

My knee is giving me no problems today. Today is 4DS Biceps and Back then i will do a cardio for 40mins...not sure what yet!

I let my sister borrow one of my Cathe dvds',low impact step(one of my favorites), and i also gave her an old step that i haven't used in years(a smaller one) so she could see how she liked it. MAN,i don't like my Cathe workouts being borrowed:mad: i kept reminding her to be 'gentle' with the dvd,lol!

bbl

Good Morning,

Tonite is Burn Interval and Ab Burner. DH is buying me a pair of New Balance 926s to see if that helps with the foot problem, I tried them on and they fit like a dream and felt like I was walking on air.

Amelia-glad to hear the knee isn't a problem. I really think you would like LIS its kind of fun. I don't think I could loan out my cathes I would be a wreck.

Everyone have a good day. What happened to Andrea I miss her.

Wow Jean! I can't believe your almost done STS. Glad you've seen some changes. I know I didn't do as much cardio as I should have and my eating is always up and down.

Roxie: Hope the new sneaks help.

Amelia: I couldn't lend out my Cathes. I would have to make a copy and lend the copy.

Hey to andrea times two! what are you two up to?

This morning was plyo legs. I really love the plyo legs DVDs. I do some of the moves on my rebounder.

DS has bronchitis and Strep. He is mending and enjoying not being at school. But boy he will have a lot to make up. The puppy is on the meds again. Whipworm is real hard to get rid of because of their life cycle.

Another rainy day here. It is so hard getting motivated to clean house when DS is watching Harry Potter. I keep checking in on him. I love the Harry Potter movies!:D

OMG....the sun is out!:eek: Im heading out to my lawn chair to get some sun:D Workout is done, i was able to increase my weight with the back work!:)

Elaine-im sending your Ds some healing vibes!!! Im glad your pup is on the mend too!!! Good News

Hey to everybody...gotta scoot my DS wants his lunch!

bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.