**** Watercoolers Tuesday ***

MommaPew

Cathlete
Good Morning All

Just starting us off.

Got Matthew off to work a little earlier this a.m. so was able to stop at the grocery store to run my errands that I thought I would have to cram in somehow at lunch today. The drywer is acting up so I have to be home early from work to meet the repair man. Does this mean I should start dinner too? I think DH might be expecting that.:eek: Matthew seems fine today but still not a huge appetite for him so will just keep an eye on him.

Have BB tonight at 9:45 which is probably a good thing. It has turned hot & humid here. The diamond in right beside a lake so we get a nice breeze plus you can go over aferwards to cool off!

A kind VF'er is giving a way a whole bunch of vhs/dvd's so I'm getting Cathe's Power Hour on VHS. Will have to take a look at the DVD to see if there are premixes or not. May be old enough that there aren't.

Wendy - thanks for the hugs. I'm really looking forward to my vacat.

Hope everyone has a good day.

BBL

Good morning,
Today was Cardio & Weights, which I always enjoy. Tonite will be a bike hill climb with the ladies. Pretty morning outside right now.

Patricia, I should call the repairman too. My dryer squeals really badly. DH doesn't seem to mind listening to it. You are much tougher than me! Well, at least you don't have the sun in your eyes when catching a fly ball. Not sure about premixes on VHS. I would think not, but what do I know.

Wendy, hope your DD's itchy palms went away. What do you think she's allergic to? Sorry you didn't like Strike Zone. I'm not a Kickbox gal so I wasn't tempted. How did you like the BM2 combo? That warmup is so long. I shorten it up now. I'm so lazy, I don't want to memorize, I just want to listen and DO! Bet your girls will do well on their tests.

Hi to everyone else, will catch up tonite.

Jeanette

Hi all...Hope everyone is having a great morning...My dam* dog pulled me down on the concrete this morning and I have a huge scrape on my knee and shin, as well as my toes on my right leg/foot. I gotta tell you, it is really starting to hurt about right now! I am bandaged up and I have pretty much stopped bleeding...but darn it!!! I was wanting to show off my legs for Eoin...and now look at me!

DD will be back from DC this afternoon. I have a massage scheduled today, too...with my regular gal..and I really need it. I am still having headaches and still having lots of achies in my left hamstring/glute area. Ugh. Now with the right knee, I look like some little old lady hobbling along.

CBL and I had a great time last night...The pool was just like bathwater, it was so warm. It was still over 80 degrees at 9 o'clock last night...wonderful, relaxing evening.

Going to run for now and get some laundry done. Back later with personals...I have no idea what workout I am going to do today...Maybe some sort of KB or maybe an upper body weight workout...We'll see what strikes me when it gets to be that time...

Kisses to all!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

Let Awe flow through you. Don’t let even the smallest things be taken for granted or grow stale---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Morning Coolers,

Sorry I didn't get on again yesterday, I had every intention of doing so. Well ladies, with my day off I managed to get the whole house cleaned. I know, I know, I should have just left it. The complete and utter mess that was my house was bugging me to no end. If this house gets messed up (now that the girls are off of school), then there will the He!! to pay! :7 }( Their one task for today is to put away the miscellaneous items that I found lying around the house that where theirs. I put all the items on the kitchen table, so I better see a clean table when I get home. :7

Yesterday I did manage to start the first P90X+ workout with Upper Plus and Abs/Core Plus. Love the abs workout, I can see why Tracy and Sandra liked it so much. Will have to work on my hanging. :D But was proud of the amount that I was able to do. Tony has you hanging from a bar, and doing bicycle. I was swinging in that one a little to much yesterday and today. :D Todays workout was 5 mi of speedwork on the TM, and Abs/Core Plus. The P90X+ classic schedule called for Interval+, so this was my running sub. :D I also have a volleyball game tonight, and I am thankful that the weather is much warmer. Hopefully the courts are not flooded.

Patricia, Hope that Matthew starts feeling better soon. I don't think that the DVD has any premixes on it, but then I could be wrong. I only have Power Hour on VHS. :D Have fun with that one when you get it. Good luck with the BB tonight. Oh I would love to have hired Molly Maids to clean my house, but I would have been to embarrassed to have them walk into my house. We had to turn on our ac to. I think we went for heating our house, to ac. Glad that TTOM will be out of the way for the race weekend.

Jeanette, C&W is such a fun workout. LOL about DH not minding listening to the squealing drier, bet he is just ignoring it hoping it will go away on it's own. I think that is what my DH does sometimes. I had a honey-do-list for him yesterday (dang, if I'm working hard on this house so is he!), and he got two of those items done yesterday (I think I impressed him on getting the whole house clean). Oh, and I just thought of another item to add to the list. :7 :7 Have a great time with your hill climb. When is your GM's memorial?

Debra, OUCH!!!! Was Polly trying to chase something? Hope that massage helps that headache and hamstring/glute. Your evening sounded really nice, sometimes I wish we had a pool. But then I remember you have to clean the dang thing. :7 The DD's had a great time at their parties. I think the oldest had more fun than she should have. You know with boys being there and all. :7 :7 Her friend AJ came home with her, and she said "Oh I have to tell you something, but not right now." Of course you can't say something in front of MOM!!! Felt like hanging out at her bedroom door when we got home! :7 :7

Wendy, Thank you for the info on Strike Zone, I'm going to hold off on that one for a while. Wonder why they would do head shots when doing a KB workout anyway. It is much better to do the whole body, so you can see stances also. When DH was hanging up my bar his drill battery died. He came upstairs and said "I don't think that I can get the bar hung up". I just looked at him and said "Oh". That must have been enough of a guilt trip that whatever juice was left in the battery he had he made work. :7 :7 I must have really had a look of disapointment with the OH! :7 :7

Sandra, Hoping all is well with you!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - LOL at the drill storey. Sounds like you got done what you wanted to do yesterday.

Debra - are you sure someone hasn't cursed you or something. If it's not one thing it's another lately.;( Hope your legs getter better b/4 Eoin see them! Sending you only good healing vibes :p :p :p

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Been playing on OD and VF today. I haven't decided what circuit I'll do today. Hey, I'll do cardio and weights like Jeanette!!!!:) :) :) I'll tack on some Eoin luv. It'll be good!

Patricia: I have Power Hour. I don't think it has premixes, but it's chaptered well enough to make your own.

Jeanette: I'm right there with you today!!! Well, tonight, I'll be right there with you doing C&W while you're climbing that hill.:+ I have no idea what's going on with dd. She went swimming in my neighbor's pool on Sunday. Maybe, they recently shocked their pool with a bunch of chemicals. You're not kidding about BM2's long never ending warm-up. I liked not having to work too hard during the warm-up. I'm lazy like that!:p :+

Debra: Poor Polly. With those freak of nature long legs, what do you expect?:+ ;) Did you send CBL out into the bad section of town to find you some street drugs for the pain?;-) Oh, Hon! Eoin will love you all the more with your boo-boos!!!!:* Who will even take the time to look at your scabbed over scrapes with calves like yours!!! Yes! I'm jealous.:p Enjoy the massage!!! You really need to call the doctor about those headaches!!! How are you supposed to yell with me in Toronto if you're suffering?!?!?!:7

Laurie: Good for you cleaning the house. You won't hear me to tell you to leave it. I know how good it makes me feel to live in a clean house!!! Too bad I don't experience it more often. :7 ;) How do you hang from a bar?!?! My pull-up bar is too close to the upper door frame. I could never squeeze my thighs between the bar and frame. Darn it!!! I should have kept my Fluidity bar!!!! Wait!!!! You mean hanging from your hands not knees.:7 :7 :7 :7 I am such an AIRHEAD!!!!:7 :7 :7 LOL on subbing already!!!! You just claim it as your own!!!!:D Plueeze, you think it was a sympathetic Oh that got your dh to hang the bar?!?!?!? Come on now. The man knows he wants to sleep with a Friske at night instead of a Frigid!!!:eek: }( :7 :+

Okay ladies, time is up. I'll be back later to catch up on yesterday's personals.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Happy Tuesday!

I'm counting down the hours 'til the thunderstorms tonight that will break this HOT spell. The rabbits are unamused with coming in the house every day. They prefer their nice, large hutches to the small travel carriers they spend hours in. At least none of them will get heat stroke, though :) As for me, MIC is on tap, but since I hate it, I'm subbing Scrambled Eggs from BM2 instead. I think it's a fair trade :) I did finally get some pics uploaded to my Facebook acct, though :D If you're interested, you can see them here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2000963&l=db5d0&id=1320695011

Otherwise, it's business as usual today. I need to get my workout in before we have to leave for karate.

Wendy -- I hope your allergies go away soon :( I do definitely love my central a/c this time of year! When is your trip to Toronto? re: Tracey Staehle, she's one instructor that I really WANT to like (she personally is SOOOO nice), but I just can't get into her workouts :( I didn't even get Strike Zone, so thanks for the review!

Debra -- I like getting us all in to the dentist together. It works out really well and we're usually in and out in about 45 mins. I chipped a molar, though, so I have to have it repaired in August :( I'm NOT looking forward to that visit! OW about the scrapes. I hope you heal up quickly!

Laurie -- I wish I have enough motivation to want to clean my house all up in a day! Way to go!

Hi to everyone else. I hope you all have a great day!

Carol

Carol - what wonderful pics. You kids are so cute - even the rabbits. Great names for them (the kids too! LOL).

Wendy - there is yelling in T.o.? What have I gotten myself in for?LOL:p

For those wondering the yoga conference is June 20-22nd. Not sure when Debra and CBL are coming. Will you be there before the conference or stay after?

I home early from work waiting for the drywer repair man and he hasn't shown up yet. Suppose to be between 4-5 and its now 4:50pm

Better go make a phone call.

Hello Coolers!!!!

I'm back from the dead! I mean that almost literally, as on Saturday I decided, rather impulsively, that now was as good a time as any to quit drinking coffee. So, I spent Saturday to today in a brain foggy stupor. I had no short term memory, coordination, or balance. But I woke up today feeling like what I imagine normal people feel like. I've also been eating only foods with low glycemic loads. I'm trying to get off this energy rollercoaster that feels so debilitating in the afternoons. This week I've been doing the 4DS, as produced. I'm doing one workout every other day, and on the remaining days doing my step class at the Y, yoga, and a bike ride. This feels more like a recovery week than the P90X+ recovery week in the rotation. Next week, when I'm hopefully back up to speed, I might pick up the Plus rotation again.

The adrenal fatigue I mentioned last week is a condition where the body has been excreting the stress hormone, cortisol, so continuously that it isn't given time to replenish and finally burns itself out. Hence, you wear yourself out. This is what Traci was diagnosed with last year. I think my caffeine habit has been giving me artificial energy and disguising my need for more rest. Now that I'm kicking out the caffeine and high glycemic foods, I hope to better be able to hear the messages from my body.

So here I am posting a long involved post about myself, only to conclude it with a statement that I'm not going to be posting with the check in anymore. As you can tell from recent weeks, I'm just not finding much time to sit and chat. This has been a great check in for the past year and a half!! When STS finally comes out, and the forums have settled from their transition, hopefully we can come together again. I'll still be floating around the boards, probably posting on occasion, and can still be contacted by PMs or emails.

All the very best,
Sandra

Hello everyone!! Just wanted to let you know that if you thought you were having a bad day...it is nothing compared to the day my XDH has had....It began at 6 am this morning when the doorknob on the bathroom door in his hotel room broke and locked him in the bathroom....after a lot of yelling and beating on the door DD woke up and called the front desk for him. It then took 4 men and hour and a half to break him out of the bathroom. Let me add that they were staying at the Ritz-Carlton...not the Red Roof Inn. Then they go to the airport and their plane is having 'mechanical issues', so they were delayed over 2 hours...Ever spent 4 hours in an airport with an antsy 7 year old?? Not a lot of fun. Then they get on the plane and they make the announcement to sit down and buckle up when DD decides she has to go to the bathroom. On the way to the bathroom, the flight attendant grabs her by the arm and takes her back to her seat. As you can imagine, my XDH was livid...but he did as the flight attendant asked, and buckled her in. Then he told the flight attendant to 'get away' from him. There were 5 policemen waiting for him on his arrival into Greensboro...and he and DD were 'detained'. Luckily, no one was arrested...LOL! Apparently he and the pilot had some words while the police were there and the pilot threatened XDH. Shuuuush!!!! What a day he has had...I am sure that he is somewhere having a VERY strong cocktail at this point!

Just wanted to give you guys a chuckle!

Okay...back in a minute for personals...

Debra

Let Awe flow through you. Don’t let even the smallest things be taken for granted or grow stale---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Back again....

Sandra...
I am so sorry that you won't be able to check in any longer. I know things have been very hectic for you lately...and it seems that you haven't been feeling well either. I hope you are feeling better again soon...and I will miss you terribly! Kisses and hugs to you...

Debra

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Okay...I am thinking this will be my last post today...LOL! I ended up doing the upper body ME premix. Felt good with that...lots of reps, for sure! No other exciting news..I think I gave you the big details of my day...which mainly included laughing at my XDH's trials and tribulations!

onto personals......

Patricia...
So glad you little one likes my meez! My DD always wants to help me make them. Glad he seems to be feeling a bit better today. You never know with the appetite...I know DD will go through spurts where she barely eats anything for a few weeks and it just drives me crazy! I keep feeling like I need to feed her. Seems like an awful late time to have a BB game...I want to be snuggled and watching a movie by then! Just as a warning...Wendy and I are REALLY loud. I promise not to scream in your ear, though. CBL and I are going to be in Toronto from Wednesday thought Monday...so a bit before and after the workshop! Hope the dryer repair guy finally showed up. Thanks for the healing vibes...I certainly need them lately.

Jeanette....
Sorry that you didn't get to play golf last night...but at least you got some gab time in with your girlfriends! Sounds like you have a great time planned with your friends at the lake...Perfect evening. I got my varicose vein originally by standing on my feet for a lot of long hours when working retail. Then it faded for a while, but got bad again when I was pregnant with Julia. Usually they run in families, but my mom has never had them. I guess I am the lucky one. At least with Bryan's CD you wouldn't have to watch him fondle other people...LOL! I am sure that Phil would not want to be fondled...at least in public...LOL. Hope you have a great ride tonight.

Wendy...
Well...thanks for the comprehensive review of Strike Zone...I obviously won't be ordering that one! Anything too intricate without proper cuing is just not for me. WTH is wrong with DD's hands?? I hope that is all gone today. Poor thing. I am sure the girls' tests went well. It's frustrating not to be able to prep them, though. Hope your time with Eoin was just blissful! Do you think he would actually kiss my knee boo-boo?? Maybe. It actually really hurts...and is still bleeding 12 hours later. Dang dog. I have some good drugs from the doc, so I don't have to send CBL out for anything illicit...also I will be in fine form to talk as loud as possible in Toronto. CBL had to tell me to stop yelling on the phone with him tonight...LOL.

Carol...
VERY cute pics! Thanks for sharing. I love all of the bunny's names! Your kids are adorable. Sorry the bunnies are having such a problem with the heat. It has been incredibly nasty here, too. My AC is running constantly. Ick about the broken molar. I had a chipped front tooth a few months ago...and it was easy and painless to fix. Hopefully things will go that way for you, too.

Laurie...
Hope that table was clear when you get home tonight! How wonderful to have a completely clean house...Are you coming here anytime soon?? I will pay for your plane fare if you clean my house for me!! Good for you for starting the Plus workouts. You are such a better workout girl than me! Polly just wanted to go visit somebody across the street this morning. Crazy dog. I wasn't expecting her to jolt and it surprised me...and then I was lying on the ground bleeding. Shuuush. Darn boys...Keep them away from your beautiful girls! They are nothing but trouble.

Okay...think that catches me up for now...Hope everyone has a great evening!

Debra

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

I got C&W (skipped the push-ups) and Eoin's Shoulder ^^ done while dh was grilling steaks for dinner. :9 Then I came here, saw Sandra's post, and wanted to cry. Yes! I'm sad about Sandra's health and taking time off from the check-in. Since I didn't want to do anymore cardio to circulate the endorphins, I asked dh for a full body massage.}( As you can see, this took some time.}( }(

Sandra: Dear Sweet Woman!!! I had no idea that you were going through coffee withdrawal!!! You must have some kick butt self control!!! That is MAJAH!!! I would seriously need a rubber room in a detox center to make it for one day without my java!!! sigh. I didn't realize Traci was diagnosed with it too. She must be able to help you through this. I'm sure Lea will be able to give you some advice as well. She's so good about her diet and listening to her body!!! I seriously hope the change in diet works to help you to regain your energy and strength. So many people need you!!! If you ever need any support, we'll be here. I don't know what support I can give. But, I'm listening. HUGS!!!!!!!!!!! Goodness, I hope you are back to your Woman of the Year self once STS is released. Till then take care of yourself!!!! Get some rest!

Debra: OMW!!! I needed that laugh after reading Sandra's post!!!! I must tell dh about it!!! That has got to be the worst day for him! Poor Julia had to witness it too. Well, she can tell her therapist about it when she's grown.:7 ;) :+ You know what, I have yet to call Verizon to find out about cell phone usage in Canada. Must make a note and post it to my computer screen!!! Patricia thinks that it should be fine to use our cell phones. You are just a mess!!! But, you're our mess!:) Too bad Polly didn't drag you down on your varicose vein and scrape that away. Wait, that sounds Gross!!! Awww, I hasn't clotted yet? Ewww! That must have been one nasty fall. Darn Polly!!! She needs some self control lessons from Sandra!:+ LOL on CBL asking you to not yell over the phone. Did you tell him next time to turn the volume down and move the phone away from his ear?!?!? That's what I do when I call my sister. Although, she's not very loud.:eek: }(

Patricia: It's a lie!!! All LIES!!! Don't believe a word Traci or Debra says!!! Really, you'd be LOUD too if you had to talk over them!!!:7 :7 :7 :+ Just a head's up, you might not want to go into any public bathrooms with Debra and me.:7

Carol: Yeah!!! The rain been pouring down!!!! How was Scrambled Eggs. Now that I have BM2, I must check out that premix. Thanks for linking us to your updated pictures. You look great! The kids are as adorable as I remembered them!!! I'm headed off to Toronto on June 20th. I'm only staying for the weekend unlike Debra and her guy. Patricia is picking me up at the airport and rooming with me. So, if you all don't hear from me by the 23rd, it'll be too late to warn everyone that she's an ax murderer. :7 ;) :+ You know, you can always borrow Strike Zone if you find that you've got too much peace in your life. LOLOLOLOL

Well, I never did get to yesterday's post. Must go back and read them again.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Wendy

Jeanette: Did you get your MyChelle sampler yet? I am noticing a difference in a couple of my samples that I just got to the ones I bought from Whole Foods. The sample of Tropical Skin Smoother from WF is brown in color. The sample I just got is white. The one from WF seems to work better too!!! And, the sample of Rejuvenating Cream I got smells like soap while the one I got from Whole Foods has a flowery smell which I like better. Serious turn off!!! I'm going to email them for an explanation!!!!

Okay, time for nighty night.

Sweet Dreams!
Wendy

Good evening,
Was a windy day today, but we still had our ladies bike ride after work. Had a good tailwind for a good part of the climb, which was nice, nice, nice. 3 of us ladies there today. I won't ride any more until the organized metric century on Saturday. Weather should be nice for it, like high 80's. Think we are planning on starting around 7:30 ish and will be done before noon I'm sure. It's an absolutely gorgeous ride. I also practiced my golfing of whiffle balls tonite too. Did I tell you I have a lesson scheduled next Monday after work? We will be doing a birthday party for my brother over here on Thursday so I need to figure out a cake or dessert. My sister will bring a couple kinds of ice cream. Always something naughty to eat each week. Or should I say "weak"? That's me and desserts LOL!

Debra, poor dear, so sorry about Polly pulling you over! We can't have your beautiful legs blemished for the yoga vacation. Hope you heal up quickly and all superficial. I hope you can get in soon for the headaches. I'm worried about you. How was the massage? I just got a tip on a gal that's supposed to be really good in our little town. I'm tempted to splurge.... Sounds like things are hunky with you and CBL. Love the way he talks LOL! Have you guys gone to the Childress Winery? OMG, I just read about your XDH's day today! Bet you are grinning, come one, admit it. Hope Julia wasn't too traumatized by the events. She's such a sweetie. That ME is a great workout, isn't it? I like doing premixes when I'm challenged for time, or just don't want a long workout. So, does the varicose vein hurt? I used to work with a lady that had them so badly on her thighs that they showed thru her pants. They hurt too. LOL about Phil's public fondling. I don't think my DH could even look at Bryan Kest without being creeped out. He's just that way. I've got a feeling your knee is going to be very sore tomorrow when you get up. Ouch!

Laurie, WTG on the house cleaning. That's something I've got to tackly next week as my sister will be here for about 4 or 5 days. Grandma's memorial will be a week from this Saturday. Think it will be pretty informal. A big family get together at Mom and Dad's and time to say some things about Grandma. Thanks for asking. Hard to believe she's gone. Neither DH or I got anything done tonite, but this weekend we'll try to finish up the back porch. Someone with some gumption could probably finish it up in a few hours. We just keep milking it. How did the volleyball game end up? Hope you had lots of fun.

Carol, I loved your pictures! Your family is soooo cute! Cute bunnies. My sister went to England/Scotland and had a great time. Thanks for sharing.

Wendy, how was Cardio & Weights today? It's a fun one and the cardio isn't over the top hard. LOL about Friske vs. Frigid! You have the best memory! I can remember Laurie telling us her maiden name while Debra was driving us from the winery and I was a little looped and laughed and laughed! Wow, the yoga conference is coming up soon. I didn't realize that. Hope you guys have an absolute blast and stay out of trouble too. I haven't received my sampler yet, but it should be coming any day now. Wonder why the difference in the sample kits. I'll definitely keep you posted.

Sandra, so sorry to hear you won't be posting anymore. I'll miss your interesting posts. I sure hope that you start getting your energy back. Can't be fun to crash and burn in the afternoons. WTG on quitting coffee. I'm not ready for that yet and I'd have to be convinced that I'd feel better if I quit it. Hope you can pop in occasionally. Let me know how the Tour of Alberta ride goes.

Good night, sniff.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.